Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,762 members, 7,809,929 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:24 PM

70% Of Nigerians Are Mentally Unstable - Psychiatrist - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / 70% Of Nigerians Are Mentally Unstable - Psychiatrist (5221 Views)

Mentally-Unstable Woman Seen With Her Baby Wondering In Ogba, Lagos / Why Are Husbands Aggressive To Their Wives When They Are Financially Unstable? / 70% Of Marital Problems Are About Sexual Satisfaction (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

70% Of Nigerians Are Mentally Unstable - Psychiatrist by shadrach77: 12:34am On Jul 09, 2010
70% Nigerians’ brains malfunction –Psychiatrist
From BOLU-OLU ESHO, Ado-Ekiti
Friday, July 09, 2010

More Stories on This Section

National Drug Law Enforcement Agency (NDLEA) was recently put to task by the analysis of a psychiatrist who declared that out of every 10 Nigerians, seven displayed strange behaviour.
Mr. Dipo Lafenwa, a guest at this year’s UN International Day Against Drug Abuse and Illicit Trafficking organized by the Ekiti State Command of NDLEA, gave the analysis while addressing the stakeholders in Ado-Ekiti.

He disclosed that it takes more years to rectify whatever damage done to a drug addict’s blood system than even the number of years the illicit drugs are consumed by the victim. Lafenwa revealed that illicit drugs consumption did not stop at the table of commercial motorists and motorbikers, but some prominent people in the society consumed and engaged in the circulation of the lethal substances.

The state Commander of NDLEA, Mr. Bamidele Akingbade, implored royal fathers to acquaint their subjects with the danger in the cultivation and consumption of the dangerous weed, Indian hemp. Soliciting the support of the state government in the fight against the menace, the commander disclosed that logistics required in carrying out their dangerous mission of stamping out cultivation and consumption of Indian hemp and other illicit drugs in the state were limited.

The state Commissioner for Health, Femi Thomas, told the stakeholders in attendance that a law had been promulgated by the state government that any land on which Indian hemp was found would be seized. He listed various damages done to the individual consumer of illicit drugs and the society at large to include brain damage, liver damage, social and psychological damages.

He said huge fund was expended on the rehabilitation of victims of illicit drug, besides the inglorious image it gives the country in the outside world. The psychiatrist also dropped another bombshell when he disclosed that the most productive population of the nation was neck deep in illicit drugs, taking the nation’s economy to the cliffhanger.
The NDLEA commander was, however, optimistic that the menace could be subdued if all sectors joined hands with the drug warriors in the battle against the dangerous drugs.
http://www.sunnewsonline.com/webpages/news/national/2010/july/09/national-02-09-2010-013.htm
Re: 70% Of Nigerians Are Mentally Unstable - Psychiatrist by Sissy3(f): 1:32am On Jul 09, 2010
i dont believe all this random numbers this people make up in their minds
Re: 70% Of Nigerians Are Mentally Unstable - Psychiatrist by Outstrip(f): 5:33am On Jul 09, 2010
LOL. It's probably true
Re: 70% Of Nigerians Are Mentally Unstable - Psychiatrist by Nobody: 7:46am On Jul 09, 2010
I believe it's true.
Re: 70% Of Nigerians Are Mentally Unstable - Psychiatrist by Sissy3(f): 10:07am On Jul 09, 2010
Outstrip:

LOL. It's probably true

30-45 maybe? yes

but a whooping 70%?

hard sell
Re: 70% Of Nigerians Are Mentally Unstable - Psychiatrist by oisehumen(m): 11:52am On Jul 09, 2010
Am sure the 70% also includes the Psychiatrist who made this research sad sad sad sad sad sad sad

1 Like

Re: 70% Of Nigerians Are Mentally Unstable - Psychiatrist by Sissy3(f): 11:53am On Jul 09, 2010
oisehumen:

Am sure the 70% also includes the Psychiatrist who made this research sad sad sad sad sad sad sad

lmao grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: 70% Of Nigerians Are Mentally Unstable - Psychiatrist by tkb417(m): 11:55am On Jul 09, 2010
The only reason why someone will come up with such statistic is probably because the psychiatrist himself is mentally unstable

what a useless statistic

someone tells me 105million people out of 150million are mentally challenged and im here to fold my hands and shout halleluyah  shocked shocked shocked shocked

70% ko , 99% ni
Re: 70% Of Nigerians Are Mentally Unstable - Psychiatrist by eloii: 11:56am On Jul 09, 2010
i still doubt it. It is not possible for that to happen here in Naija
Re: 70% Of Nigerians Are Mentally Unstable - Psychiatrist by sessy2(f): 12:13pm On Jul 09, 2010
[/quote][quote author=Siena link=topic=475944.msg6355153#msg6355153 date=1278657989]
I believe it's true.
i believe too most especially this our politicians.
Re: 70% Of Nigerians Are Mentally Unstable - Psychiatrist by whiteroses(f): 12:14pm On Jul 09, 2010
just some bored organization seeking attention to keep themselves relevant, let them go and sleep jor
Re: 70% Of Nigerians Are Mentally Unstable - Psychiatrist by oisehumen(m): 12:22pm On Jul 09, 2010
Outstrip:

LOL. It's probably true

What is probably true with this hilarious statement? angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry
Do u even know what a whopping 70% of your population amounts to?

Some people will just sit in the comfort of their air-conditioned rooms and come out with some mischievous and malicious statements and we come here to applause them angry angry angry angry angry angry angry
Re: 70% Of Nigerians Are Mentally Unstable - Psychiatrist by Sissy3(f): 12:27pm On Jul 09, 2010
na the same group abi na their relative cousins"statisticians" who also came-up with some random numbers on how women now smoke more than men in nigeria without providing any criterion on which the "research"  was carried-out

what criterion was used in determining this random-hard to swallow numbers?

was this Psychiatrist the only person involved in this out of blue study?

how many people did he sample out of the 150million+ people? only his patients?

i am sanely [/i]finding this numbers ridiculously-ridiculously[i] insane
Re: 70% Of Nigerians Are Mentally Unstable - Psychiatrist by dejilam(m): 12:29pm On Jul 09, 2010
yeah i believe this psychiatrist is among the 70% if not ow wuld he really know. ;d ;d ;d
Re: 70% Of Nigerians Are Mentally Unstable - Psychiatrist by Nobody: 12:29pm On Jul 09, 2010
this is so true. im not sure about in nigeria itself coz i was born and brought up in the UK, but many of the naija youths that ive meet recently are seriously f$£ked in the head!!
Re: 70% Of Nigerians Are Mentally Unstable - Psychiatrist by martinosi: 12:43pm On Jul 09, 2010
GARBAGE ! GARBAGE! GARBAGE!!!

if you want to see real mentality distabled people

COME TO THE UK!!!
Re: 70% Of Nigerians Are Mentally Unstable - Psychiatrist by tkb417(m): 12:44pm On Jul 09, 2010
nawtiichic:

this is so true. im not sure about in nigeria itself coz i was born and brought up in the UK, but many of the naija youths that ive meet recently are seriously f$£ked in the head!!
u dont think u need to check who you meet or relate with
Re: 70% Of Nigerians Are Mentally Unstable - Psychiatrist by Iyineda(m): 12:46pm On Jul 09, 2010
lol

That's all this article warrants.
Re: 70% Of Nigerians Are Mentally Unstable - Psychiatrist by Nobody: 12:46pm On Jul 09, 2010
martinosi:

GARBAGE ! GARBAGE! GARBAGE!!!

if you want to see real mentality distabled people

COME TO THE UK!!!

couldnt agree more!! @ tkb417 coming from a small city, i know all the nigerian students here and i must say 90% of them are messed up. its very sad
Re: 70% Of Nigerians Are Mentally Unstable - Psychiatrist by tkb417(m): 12:51pm On Jul 09, 2010
nawtiichic:

couldnt agree more!! @ tkb417 coming from a small city, i know all the nigerian students here and i must say 90% of them are messed up. its very sad
90% again shocked shocked shocked shocked

very very sad indeed cheesy grin
Re: 70% Of Nigerians Are Mentally Unstable - Psychiatrist by Tolulop001(f): 1:02pm On Jul 09, 2010
what is the name of the psychiatris?
give us link to the actual survey done(if any) then we can talk
mtchewwwww angry
Re: 70% Of Nigerians Are Mentally Unstable - Psychiatrist by Fhemmmy: 1:17pm On Jul 09, 2010
If you go through what they have to go thru in one day, you will know.
However, the numbers seems to be out of control, but most have problems.
Cos how would you explain a well dressed man going to work and climbing through the window, or explain how a man could drive on the wrong side of the road.
Re: 70% Of Nigerians Are Mentally Unstable - Psychiatrist by Tolulop001(f): 1:21pm On Jul 09, 2010
Fhemmmy:

If you go through what they have to go thru in one day, you will know.
However, the numbers seems to be out of control, but most have problems.
Cos how would you explain a well dressed man going to work and climbing through the window, or explain how a man could drive on the wrong side of the road.

LOL grin
where does bolded happen, is he running from the taxman? or landlord?
Re: 70% Of Nigerians Are Mentally Unstable - Psychiatrist by chinedumo(m): 1:34pm On Jul 09, 2010
i wonder if that could also mean that 70% of NAIRALNDERS are mentally unstable?

I wonder who are the few not affected by this epidemic
Re: 70% Of Nigerians Are Mentally Unstable - Psychiatrist by oisehumen(m): 1:40pm On Jul 09, 2010
What's this talk about come to Uk and u will see some Nigerians who are this and that?
Excuse me jare angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry
I can assure you  that those same people who u think are mentally unstable also think that u guys are bleeped up upstairs  cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: 70% Of Nigerians Are Mentally Unstable - Psychiatrist by Thor(m): 1:40pm On Jul 09, 2010
It is probably more than 70% if we are honest sad sad
Re: 70% Of Nigerians Are Mentally Unstable - Psychiatrist by oisehumen(m): 2:30pm On Jul 09, 2010
But seriously, some many people in Naija are really unstable upstairs, though not up to 70% sha.

Imagine what i witnessed some minutes ago when i went out for lunch.
A young man of not more than 25 years bought a singlet from a hawker along the road. U won't believe what this young man did! In the full glare of the public, he removed his shirt and wore the singlet. I challenged him why he was doing that; he simply told me he was 'testing' it. cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: 70% Of Nigerians Are Mentally Unstable - Psychiatrist by Acidosis(m): 2:38pm On Jul 09, 2010
70% of Nigerians? How? Rubbish Speculations.
Re: 70% Of Nigerians Are Mentally Unstable - Psychiatrist by Nobody: 2:41pm On Jul 09, 2010
70% of 150 000 000  million people are mentally unbalanced as in psycho. . . Why,how,for what ? So many unanswered question. . .
Re: 70% Of Nigerians Are Mentally Unstable - Psychiatrist by denony(m): 2:43pm On Jul 09, 2010
people agreeing that the percentage is ok, are also on the list
if they like let them take it to 99.9% am among the .1% left.
Re: 70% Of Nigerians Are Mentally Unstable - Psychiatrist by denony(m): 2:45pm On Jul 09, 2010
oisehumen:

But seriously, some many people in Naija are really unstable upstairs, though not up to 70% sha.

A young man of not more than 25 years bought a singlet from a hawker along the road. U won't believe what this young man did! In the full glare of the public, he removed his shirt and wore the singlet. I challenged him why he was doing that; he simply told me he was 'testing' it. cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

lol, he wants to test now
Re: 70% Of Nigerians Are Mentally Unstable - Psychiatrist by tkb417(m): 3:09pm On Jul 09, 2010
oisehumen:

haha

the boi is mentally balanced; hes scared of buying okrika grin grin grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

The Secret Of Ovulation Women Don't Know {pics}. / What Will You Name Your First Child And The Gender You Hope Or Want It To Be? / Bonanza!!! 2.4kva Inverter Plus 2 Units (FN) Of 200ah Batteries@ 99,900k Only

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.