Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,740 members, 7,817,042 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:26 AM

Nigerian Anglican Homosexual Priest Defrocked - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Nigerian Anglican Homosexual Priest Defrocked (9692 Views)

Pregnant Bride Wears Yellow In Anglican Church Wedding (Photo) / Catholic Priest Slumps And Dies In Anambra During Church Service / Winners Chapel Homosexual Pastor (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Anglican Homosexual Priest Defrocked by Nobody: 10:19pm On Jul 09, 2010
Don't see how it translates to end times like some christians here are saying, after all homosexuality has been existent since the beginning of history.
And catholic priests have allegedly been known to molest small children for at least a 100 years.

Evil Brain and Okija Juju i hail oh.
Re: Nigerian Anglican Homosexual Priest Defrocked by Horus(m): 12:15am On Jul 10, 2010
If you Christian preachers claim that Sodom and Gomorrah were destroyed because of their homosexual acts, then why are there still homosexuals still alive today, or did God fail to kill them? Why did he let these people become homosexuals in the first place, if he hated it so much?
Re: Nigerian Anglican Homosexual Priest Defrocked by Okijajuju1(m): 5:02am On Jul 10, 2010
@ Ikay

I hail you too!! How Peterqua?!

No mind all this ppl. If tomorrow now we hear say Oyakhilome na homo, ppl go come dey shout "end-times". Wen ehn been dey jerry-curl ehn hair dey talk like woman dem been no see abi?!!
Re: Nigerian Anglican Homosexual Priest Defrocked by eros(m): 9:13am On Jul 10, 2010
Why are so many folks here surprised that the Anglican Priest loves him some @ss? Hmmm!!!! It's a shame and disgrace though, it would have being better if he was doing Pu.s.s.y instead of @ss. grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Nigerian Anglican Homosexual Priest Defrocked by Brightlife: 12:25pm On Jul 10, 2010
Just imagine
Re: Nigerian Anglican Homosexual Priest Defrocked by Golders: 1:23pm On Jul 10, 2010
Homosexuality is as old as this world. Theologians the world over are divided over whether or not homosexuality is a sin, and whether or not homosexuals should be excluded from the priesthood. Of course, the Roman Catholic Church (RCC) officially, disingenuously condemns homosexuality. Nonetheless, countless RCC priests are unapologetically homosexuals and have been so for many centuries. Numerous other RCC priests are impenitently paedophiles. This is one of the problems I have with Roman Catholicism. Institutional cover-ups and deceits!

Conversely, the Anglican Church is openly divided over this matter. On the one hand, the likes of The Most Rev Professor Rowan Williams (the Archbishop of Canterbury and Emeritus Professor of Theology, Oxford University), The Most Rev Dr. Katharine Jefferts Schori (the Presiding Bishop of the Episcopal Church, i.e. the Anglican Church, in the USA, ECUSA) and The Most Rev Dr Desmond Tutu (the retired Primate of the Anglican Church in South Africa), tom mention a few, throw their full weight behind homosexuality. Conversely, the likes of The Most Rev Peter Jasper Akinola (the retired Primate of the Anglican Church in Nigeria), The Most Rev. Henry Luke Orombi (the Primate of the Anglican Church in Uganda) et al. condemn homosexuality. I prefer the Anglican approach. They’re at least open about it rather than covering it up.

Personally, I have no axe to grind with homosexuality or homosexuals. If God destroyed Sodom and Gomorrah because of homosexuality why hasn't God destroyed the modern world given that there must be more homosexuals on this planet earth today than there were in Sodom and Gomorrah when it was destroyed?

My problem with this priest is that he is married with a child and was still sexually active with another person, in this case the opposite gender. If he wasn’t married and had been defrocked on the account of being a homosexual, I bet you, this guy, with the good will of Anglican gay movements (e.g. Changing Attitude) around the world, would find himself leading an Anglican congregation either in Western Europe, North America or Australasia where some within the Anglican Church see absolutely nothing wrong with being a homosexual (Read the case of Davis Mac-Iyalla on http://www.changingattitude.org.uk/news/newsitem.asp?id=302 ). Still, if he’s clever enough he could still make it into these congregations in Europe, North America or Australasia if he claims family, congregational and societal expectations compelled him to marry a woman against his natural instincts and wish. Moreover, he has always known himself to be homosexual.

In conclusion, I think this is just the tip of the iceberg. There are Nigerian Anglicans, RCC, Baptists, Methodists, Pentecostal and Charismatic Christians (lay and ordained) who are covertly homosexuals. Besides, I personally know Nigerian Anglican Bishops who are personally not opposed to homosexuality and homosexuals, but who collegially outlaw it!
Re: Nigerian Anglican Homosexual Priest Defrocked by rasputinn(m): 2:35pm On Jul 10, 2010
Idiot
Re: Nigerian Anglican Homosexual Priest Defrocked by binaflexia: 3:52pm On Jul 10, 2010
Bad news!
Re: Nigerian Anglican Homosexual Priest Defrocked by Browser69(m): 4:06pm On Jul 10, 2010
shocked shocked shocked

lipsrsealed
Re: Nigerian Anglican Homosexual Priest Defrocked by johndavid1(m): 5:27pm On Jul 10, 2010
;d ;d ;d ;d undecided cry cry cry
Re: Nigerian Anglican Homosexual Priest Defrocked by johndavid1(m): 5:34pm On Jul 10, 2010
ikay88:

Don't see how it translates to end times like some christians here are saying, after all homosexuality has been existent since the beginning of history.
And catholic priests have allegedly been known to molest small children for at least a 100 years.

Evil Brain and Okija Juju i hail oh.
did you catch any catholic priest molesting any child? stop saying what you dnt know. angry angry angry
Re: Nigerian Anglican Homosexual Priest Defrocked by bkbabe90(m): 8:46pm On Jul 10, 2010
One look at the name, and one phone call to my boys to ascertain the tribe, and I can boldly say: NO SURPRISE HERE!!!! grin
Re: Nigerian Anglican Homosexual Priest Defrocked by Okijajuju1(m): 10:51pm On Jul 10, 2010
john david:

did you catch any catholic priest molesting any child? stop saying what you dnt know. angry angry angry

John you dey vex for ikay?!!

Just google catholic priest fcu.king small boys and see how many pages go pop-up. Try am tell me your result.
Re: Nigerian Anglican Homosexual Priest Defrocked by Kay17: 1:20am On Jul 11, 2010
The Anglican church in Nigeria has always firmly opposed homosexuality. The immediate past Primate of the church, Archbishop Akinola, was quite outspoken about it and the church in Nigeria was in the forefront of Anglican Communions from across the world who severed ties with the US Ecumenical Church for ordaining a homosexual priest. South Africa has legalized homosexuality so I guess Desmond Tutu has to toe the line in order to remain relevant in the scheme of things Smiley
The House of the Lord in confusion! The drift is caused by the changes the liberal members of the Anglican Church to keep with times. Religion always has to evolve, accept contemporary practices or it dies out.
Re: Nigerian Anglican Homosexual Priest Defrocked by Okijajuju1(m): 1:49am On Jul 11, 2010
Kay 17:

[size=14pt]The House of the Lord in confusion! The drift is caused by the changes the liberal members of the Anglican Church to keep with times. Religion always has to evolve, accept contemporary practices or it dies out.[/size]

All christians una dey hear??!! Emphasis on the highlight.
Re: Nigerian Anglican Homosexual Priest Defrocked by Sangman(m): 3:37am On Jul 11, 2010
Once again, hailings to Evil Brain for pointing out the underlying message in the Sodom and Gomorrah story.
For all the preachers who have so much to say about homosexuals, what does Jesus says? Anything from the 4 gospels will suffice.
Re: Nigerian Anglican Homosexual Priest Defrocked by denice1: 3:07pm On Jul 11, 2010
We take in food through the mouth and excrete through anus and not the other way round, nobody tries eating from the anus, WHY, IT`S NOT NATURAL.
Likewise, nature and the CREATOR meant intercourse between two creatures of opposite sex, any other way is UNNATURAL !!!!
Re: Nigerian Anglican Homosexual Priest Defrocked by Litmus: 5:46pm On Jul 11, 2010
I hate it that the Mods changed the word "despoil" into "Despoil". Arggh there it goes again my despoil altered to despoil - ArrgH, again! angry angry But wait, isn't Despoil just the same thing as despoil? Dan it, foiled again angry angry angry. Let's see, maybe the way to get round it is to add astrix. For e.g Rap*e
Re: Nigerian Anglican Homosexual Priest Defrocked by Nobody: 9:12pm On Jul 11, 2010
I dont get it. y'all make Homosexuality sound like its the worst sin in the world. what of the corrupt officials who bring their ill gotten wealth to the church? What of the pastors who screw chics in the church? i could list 1 gazillion other sins that could take one to hell but i dont hear christians sound disgusted at all.
Re: Nigerian Anglican Homosexual Priest Defrocked by efosanice: 10:03pm On Jul 11, 2010
@ eloii

the sins of this world is not yet up to that of sodom and gomorrah, we will get there someday i believe, in sodom and gomorrah they were fornicating publicly in sacred places of worship, most people still do it in secret. so we are still far fromm there.
Re: Nigerian Anglican Homosexual Priest Defrocked by Golders: 1:11am On Jul 12, 2010
efosanice:

@ eloii

the sins of this world is not yet up to that of sodom and gomorrah, we will get there someday i believe, in sodom and gomorrah they were fornicating publicly in sacred places of worship, most people still do it in secret. so we are still far fromm there.

Where is the evidence for your (highlighted) claim? What yardstick did you deploy in gauging the 'sins' of postmodernity in comparison to those of the days of Sodom and Gomorrah? About fornicating publicly, you should go deep into those white garment churches and you'll realise fornication take place right there in the so-called "sacred places of worship" in the name of "ABE ABO." Besides, do you know how many church buildings across the UK have been converted into warehouses, pubs and clubs, shoe and carpet factories, where pretty much anything goes on there. You must be deceiving yourself and likeminded ones on this forum. Get real, please.
Re: Nigerian Anglican Homosexual Priest Defrocked by blackspade(m): 7:34am On Jul 12, 2010
These so-called men of god and their entrenched history of hypocrisy and lies will be the primary force that pulls Nigerians closer to the realm of science, and away from the land of fairytales.
Re: Nigerian Anglican Homosexual Priest Defrocked by manheim: 10:17am On Jul 12, 2010

No mind all this ppl. If tomorrow now we hear say Oyakhilome na homo, ppl go come dey shout "end-times". Wen ehn been dey jerry-curl ehn hair dey talk like woman dem been no see abi?!!
grin grin
Re: Nigerian Anglican Homosexual Priest Defrocked by FACEOFF1: 2:58pm On Jul 13, 2010
i will prefer to see the pictures if they are available embarassed
Re: Nigerian Anglican Homosexual Priest Defrocked by DDMoses(m): 4:35pm On Jul 13, 2010
Kudos to the Bishop but why he is taking him toolong before he took his action little wonder he was accused of supporting the priest, i am an anglican, this is what our retire primate stood against why should that be springing up now in Nigeria Godforbid! Desmond Tutu joined the so called homosexula due to his poverty, to me is been caught in the web because of dollars and euro, church of nigeria is rich financially and many ways, it is difficult for them to succumb to the wish of the west.
Arise Faithful Anglican
Re: Nigerian Anglican Homosexual Priest Defrocked by topatee: 9:57am On Jul 14, 2010
I don’t think anyone in this forum is saying that the sin of homosexuality is unforgiveable, The point is homosexuality is a sin (if we all agree) then what is the remedy REPENT !!! what does repent connotes? Make a U turn. Apostle Paul was a murderer, he repented (he stop the act), Davis did not justify the act of adultery (He cried to God In repentance). Why will you want to continue in sin and asking for the grace of God to abide in you. Read Rom 1:27-32
27 And likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another; men with men working that which is unseemly, and receiving in themselves that recompence of their error which was meet.
28 And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a reprobate mind, to do those things which are not convenient;
29 Being filled with all unrighteousness, fornication, wickedness, covetousness, maliciousness; full of envy, murder, debate, deceit, malignity; whisperers,
30 Backbiters, haters of God, despiteful, proud, boasters, inventors of evil things, disobedient to parents,
31 Without understanding, covenantbreakers, without natural affection, implacable, unmerciful:
32 Who knowing the judgment of God, that they which commit such things are worthy of death, not only do the same, but have pleasure in them that do them. (KJV)

The words of Words: Char¬lotte El¬li¬ott, since 1835 has not change in 2010 and it will never change

Just as I am, without one plea,
But that Thy blood was shed for me,
And that Thou bidst me come to Thee,
O Lamb of God, I come, I come.

Just as I am, Thou wilt receive,
Wilt welcome, pardon, cleanse, relieve;
Because Thy promise I believe,
O Lamb of God, I come, I come.

This is what the Gospel says about same sex whether Lesbianism or Gay.
If you want to be Christian, be one, don’t change the rule come as you are in full repentance
God bless U
Re: Nigerian Anglican Homosexual Priest Defrocked by andylegend: 10:08pm On Jul 14, 2010
hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm i dnt knw what to say. this is really an ear blow, God save us undecided shocked sad angry
Re: Nigerian Anglican Homosexual Priest Defrocked by ula(f): 8:11pm On Jul 15, 2010
angry angry angry

its not new. a lot of ministers are devils, hiding under the guise of religion to commit all sorts of atrocities. theres is nothing new under the sun.
Re: Nigerian Anglican Homosexual Priest Defrocked by folaski: 8:55pm On Jul 15, 2010
the position of the church of nigeria anglican communion is very clear and the reaction of the bishop that disrobed the priest is very clear representation of the position of the church. remember the former primate akiola's role in fighting the menace. we dont support homosexuality as anglicans.
Re: Nigerian Anglican Homosexual Priest Defrocked by folaski: 9:23pm On Jul 15, 2010
Re: Nigerian Anglican Homosexual Priest Defrocked by SilverHand: 12:06am On Jul 18, 2010
Homosexuality is abnormal and unnatural, whether or not animals engage in it doesn't mean we should censor it or copy them because we are

not animals, we are intellectual beings and should live by reason and not instinct. 

Saying it is okay to eat up your own vomit like some dogs do or eat your own poo like some other animals do is utter nonsense.

I am pleased with the stand of the Nigerian Anglican Church on the issue, that they took the bull by the horns because nowhere in the Bible is

homosexuality condoned.  If God wanted man to sleep with man, in the beginning He would have created Adam and Steve  grin grin instead of Adam

and Eve. Let's face it and tell ourselves the truth, what is wrong is wrong no matter how long or how widely accepted it is!
Re: Nigerian Anglican Homosexual Priest Defrocked by Kay17: 1:57am On Jul 19, 2010
It seems that the sight pleases god thats why he imparted on animals, bonobos do it all the time.its from natural we determine whats natural right?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Watch Scary Moment A Man Who Act As Jesus Christ Fell From His Cross (video) / Graphic Pics: ISIS Executes Man By Running Him Over With Armoured Tank / Nigerian Christian Blogs

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.