Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,468 members, 7,830,360 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 08:13 PM

Perpetual Slavery - The Fate Of The Nigerian. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Perpetual Slavery - The Fate Of The Nigerian. (453 Views)

Slavery : The Myth Of Red Eboe(ibos) Of Jamaica / Fate Of 7 Governors Uncertain / Posterity Will Judge Oshiomhole,uzodimma Over Fate Of APC In South East-okorocha (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Perpetual Slavery - The Fate Of The Nigerian. by Chuks9000: 11:32am On Sep 29, 2018
Let's leave "big" English and reason my case as a Nigerian.
When, Adamu or Ade or Eze dies, will it be said that a citizen of a Local Govt has died? Or that of a State or Federal govt?
Yes, we have tiers of governments for efficient administrative or developmental purposes. But if you look at the way each works, you will realise that every other ill (religion, tribalism, corruption,...) is produced singularly by this system of govt which is divide and rule personified.
My headache right now: if my destiny is suddenly lost, i look up and see three people running at diffent dirctions each with a bag containing a destiny. Which one can I say has my lost destiny? Would it be easier to get back my destiny if it was just one person carrying my lost destiny?
Each local govt, on a monthly basis, spends more than a billion Naira.
Let us take Lagos State for instance.
Someone should show me what any LGA has done with N1b each month.
The state govt is building thirty-something busstops with N7b.
In defence of the SFG (on an extortion allegation), we heard Lie-lie Mohammed saying that the SFG gets N200m monthly that he is not required to account to anybody. How can the ordinary Nigerian deal with all these?
Fellow Nigerians, we (onlookers and vagabond-in-power alike) are all fooling ourselves if we think things will get better.
We need to change how we think and more importantly, act on the thinking.

Basic wants of a citizen are absent. Security, health, education, social infrastructure, food, etc.
But moneys go down everyday. I do not need to be in government. But we need to see how the monies are being spent. From there, your guess is as good as mine.
Happy weekend.
Re: Perpetual Slavery - The Fate Of The Nigerian. by Rickyzagy: 11:41am On Sep 29, 2018
We Don hear.
Wait make I go call others make you tell all of us
Re: Perpetual Slavery - The Fate Of The Nigerian. by Greatzeus(m): 1:13pm On Sep 29, 2018
Chuks9000:
Let's leave "big" English and reason my case as a Nigerian.
When, Adamu or Ade or Eze dies, will it be said that a citizen of a Local Govt has died? Or that of a State or Federal govt?
Yes, we have tiers of governments for efficient administrative or developmental purposes. But if you look at the way each works, you will realise that every other ill (religion, tribalism, corruption,...) is produced singularly by this system of govt which is divide and rule personified.
My headache right now: if my destiny is suddenly lost, i look up and see three people running at diffent dirctions each with a bag containing a destiny. Which one can I say has my lost destiny? Would it be easier to get back my destiny if it was just one person carrying my lost destiny?
Each local govt, on a monthly basis, spends more than a billion Naira.
Let us take Lagos State for instance.
Someone should show me what any LGA has done with N1b each month.
The state govt is building thirty-something busstops with N7b.
In defence of the SFG (on an extortion allegation), we heard Lie-lie Mohammed saying that the SFG gets N200m monthly that he is not required to account to anybody. How can the ordinary Nigerian deal with all these?
Fellow Nigerians, we (onlookers and vagabond-in-power alike) are all fooling ourselves if we think things will get better.
We need to change how we think and more importantly, act on the thinking.

Basic wants of a citizen are absent. Security, health, education, social infrastructure, food, etc.
But moneys go down everyday. I do not need to be in government. But we need to see how the monies are being spent. From there, your guess is as good as mine.
Happy weekend.
You have a point sir,but my problem is people who talk as if all these things started 3 and half years ago. Let us shelve aside religion and tribalism and fight these greedy insatiable politicians who have nothing to offer the masses. These politicians spread across various religion,tribes and parties. We should stop being divided over them, rather we should unite and recover our destiny and that of the country from their grasp.

1 Like

Re: Perpetual Slavery - The Fate Of The Nigerian. by Chuks9000: 5:25pm On Sep 29, 2018
Greatzeus:

You have a point sir,but my problem is people who talk as if all these things started 3 and half years ago. Let us shelve aside religion and tribalism and fight these greedy insatiable politicians who have nothing to offer the masses. These politicians spread across various religion,tribes and parties. We should stop being divided over them, rather we should unite and recover our destiny and that of the country from their grasp.
I agree 100%

(1) (Reply)

David Mark In Talks With Three Front Runners In Benue State. / Reno Omokri: Nigeria Is Still A Dependent Country, I Don't See Much To Celebrate / The APC Brouhaha And The Needless "Sunday Baptism Of Blood" (graphic Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.