Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,496 members, 7,830,496 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 11:46 PM

“I Am An Uber Driver, Not A Yahoo Boy" - Man Reveals What He Does For A Living - Career (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / “I Am An Uber Driver, Not A Yahoo Boy" - Man Reveals What He Does For A Living (63587 Views)

The Pros And Cons Of being an Uber or Bolt driver / My 6 Months Experience As An Uber/bolt Driver In Abuja / From Being An Errand Boy, Man Becomes A Car Dealer In Abuja. Photo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: “I Am An Uber Driver, Not A Yahoo Boy" - Man Reveals What He Does For A Living by Samdede1995(m): 6:24pm On Oct 07, 2018
FortifiedCity:
You des embarassederve some accolades

That's arrant nonsense....
What of Canadian Doctors that protest over high paid salaries.
Urge government to reduce it and give part to patients and nurses.

https://www.inforhunters.com.ng/2018/10/canadian-doctors-protest-over-high-paid.html
Re: “I Am An Uber Driver, Not A Yahoo Boy" - Man Reveals What He Does For A Living by Nobody: 12:12am On Oct 08, 2018
emeijeh:

I don't believe the bolded. cheesy

grin
Re: “I Am An Uber Driver, Not A Yahoo Boy" - Man Reveals What He Does For A Living by emeijeh(m): 5:21pm On Oct 08, 2018
Missyford31:

grin

Don't laugh... Tell me about the shithole in aussie.

1 Like

Re: “I Am An Uber Driver, Not A Yahoo Boy" - Man Reveals What He Does For A Living by Nobody: 1:04am On Oct 10, 2018
emleijeh:

Don't laugh... Tell me about the shithole in aussie.

Lol l had to laugh the way u said that.
Well depends which shithole. In tasmania where I live theres alot of suburbs spread out everywhere. Sum r for richer class ppl with higher incomes but they do have some housing for ppl on government payments. See our government pays us each week or fortnight depending on your living situations. Like if your in your teens n over 16 they pay u about $300 aevery 2 weeks to go to college. If you dnt go to college they pay you to look for work n pay job seeking agencies to train you n assist you to find work. They pay for everything you need to do ur job ie protective footwear or clothing/uniform etc. Age and situations depends on how much u get. And if u have children they pay you a bonus wen each child is born (upto $4000 use to be but now is less) and they pay you to stay home and raise that child/children if u wish until they reach school age then u will have to look for work but as long as you have kids u will still get paid weekly for each of them til they turn 18 not 16 sorry unless they move out of home or become 16 n work instead of college. Theres all kinds of pensions like me i have a 13yo son who suffers anxiety and hyperactive disorder called adhd so i get a carers pension because he takes more care than the average child so i get four diff payments every week two each week and throughout the year bonuses and loans. Old age ppl get old age pensions. We get payments to bury our loved ones who die and free medicare.
Anyway theres alot of diff payments depending on circumstances. Now in our suburbs n cities theres alot of gvt paid ppl who are drug addicts and alcoholics and some of these areas are complete shitholes. Take gagebrook and bridgewater and rokeby and clarendonvale in southern tasmania alot of these ppl tend to live in these areas cos of affordable housing the gvt supplies with cheap rent. They are rough areas. Full of all kinds of drug dealers selling all kinds of drugs n junkies who rob your house or shops for money for drugs and ppl who stand over other ppl just cos they may not like you. Their kids run around unattended n bullying other kids. Not all are like this but these areas tend to attract these ppl. The gvt uses working ppls taxes to give us these payments. Then at the end of our financial year the working ppl get about 3/4 of their taxes money back from the gvt. Its like a win win situation but is bit more complicated than i could explain to u.
Our two main gvt political parties are liberal and labour. Liberal have been voted in for about the last ten yrs i think (i dnt really follow) and they are more for the richer ppl or high wages ppl. Then labour is better as they are more for lower class ppl on gvt payments who cant work who have mental or physical disabilities or kids to raise or simply cant find a job or is not qualifies for a job as they lack skills. Anyway those shithole suburbs have high crime rate. I grew up moving around australia alot but we lived many years in these shitholes. The gvt tries to better these areas but can only do so much cos its the ppl. Liberal wish to take these gvt payments back to minimum n make qaulifying harder. As ppl do lie bout their circumstances and take advantage of the gvt although i understand why as we still struggle. But we are only struggling with things we do to ourselves like drug addictions and such. Gambling is a huge problem here. Anyhow thats a little insight into our shitholes n who lives in them.
Re: “I Am An Uber Driver, Not A Yahoo Boy" - Man Reveals What He Does For A Living by tmeg: 5:57pm On Oct 10, 2018
Missyford31:

Lol l had to laugh the way u said that.
Well depends which shithole. In tasmania where I live theres alot of suburbs spread out everywhere. Sum r for richer class ppl with higher incomes but they do have some housing for ppl on government payments. See our government pays us each week or fortnight depending on your living situations. Like if your in your teens n over 16 they pay u about $300 aevery 2 weeks to go to college. If you dnt go to college they pay you to look for work n pay job seeking agencies to train you n assist you to find work. They pay for everything you need to do ur job ie protective footwear or clothing/uniform etc. Age and situations depends on how much u get. And if u have children they pay you a bonus wen each child is born (upto $4000 use to be but now is less) and they pay you to stay home and raise that child/children if u wish until they reach school age then u will have to look for work but as long as you have kids u will still get paid weekly for each of them til they turn 18 not 16 sorry unless they move out of home or become 16 n work instead of college. Theres all kinds of pensions like me i have a 13yo son who suffers anxiety and hyperactive disorder called adhd so i get a carers pension because he takes more care than the average child so i get four diff payments every week two each week and throughout the year bonuses and loans. Old age ppl get old age pensions. We get payments to bury our loved ones who die and free medicare.
Anyway theres alot of diff payments depending on circumstances. Now in our suburbs n cities theres alot of gvt paid ppl who are drug addicts and alcoholics and some of these areas are complete shitholes. Take gagebrook and bridgewater and rokeby and clarendonvale in southern tasmania alot of these ppl tend to live in these areas cos of affordable housing the gvt supplies with cheap rent. They are rough areas. Full of all kinds of drug dealers selling all kinds of drugs n junkies who rob your house or shops for money for drugs and ppl who stand over other ppl just cos they may not like you. Their kids run around unattended n bullying other kids. Not all are like this but these areas tend to attract these ppl. The gvt uses working ppls taxes to give us these payments. Then at the end of our financial year the working ppl get about 3/4 of their taxes money back from the gvt. Its like a win win situation but is bit more complicated than i could explain to u.
Our two main gvt political parties are liberal and labour. Liberal have been voted in for about the last ten yrs i think (i dnt really follow) and they are more for the richer ppl or high wages ppl. Then labour is better as they are more for lower class ppl on gvt payments who cant work who have mental or physical disabilities or kids to raise or simply cant find a job or is not qualifies for a job as they lack skills. Anyway those shithole suburbs have high crime rate. I grew up moving around australia alot but we lived many years in these shitholes. The gvt tries to better these areas but can only do so much cos its the ppl. Liberal wish to take these gvt payments back to minimum n make qaulifying harder. As ppl do lie bout their circumstances and take advantage of the gvt although i understand why as we still struggle. But we are only struggling with things we do to ourselves like drug addictions and such. Gambling is a huge problem here. Anyhow thats a little insight into our shitholes n who lives in them.

Your Explanation is quite interesting, are you a Nigerian?
And how easily can I come to Aussie because it's far better than Nigeria

1 Like

Re: “I Am An Uber Driver, Not A Yahoo Boy" - Man Reveals What He Does For A Living by Nobody: 3:27am On Oct 12, 2018
tmeg:

Your Explanation is quite interesting, are you a Nigerian?
And how easily can I come to Aussie because it's far better than Nigeria

Na im australian my parents are australian but my great grandparents were jewish n irish.
If u wanna come here u can apply for work or study visas but u gotta have money to support yourself. If u married an aussie person then u could apply for partner visa or if ur engaged to an aussie u can apply for potential partner visa. Its a long and costly process unfortunately. And if u married an Australian then u get approved for a temporary partner visa which last two yrs and in that time u must prove the relationship is genuine and the aussie partner must have enough income to support you for that time period as u can not access our free medicare or government payments. After the two yrs if ur permanent visa is granted then u can access all the things we aussies do. Free Healthcare dental care affordable housing free education but that depends on where u study n which courses u do. U still gotta pay for certain ones or for private education. I have to find a way to do all this for my partner. His still in nigeria and we been together just over two years we are working on getting the money to see each other n meet in person for starters then working on bringing him here. If u wish to come here u would need to save alot of money for the visas n travel and to support your stay else find yourself a partner here. It would be worth the effort as australia is the best place in the world. Better than the usa. They dnt get access to regular ongoing government payments as we do and is less voilence n crime here. We do have it ofcourse but u rarely hear of murders and rape n such here. Theres little police brutality. Hell if a cop assaulted you here u can have them charged arrested and sued. U hurt yourself in a public place u can sue the council. If youre robbed or beaten or such u claim monetary compensation. You can also access cheap life and funeral insurances etc. Plus we have beautiful beaches and countryside and deserts. Its just really cold in the state of tasmania where i am. Yeah aussie is a place u could live happily. Our employment rates are high and if u dnt have qualifications the gvt will pay the employers to train you and the salaries are fair and good money especially in our mining industries. The gvt has work safety unions to ensure employers provide safe working conditions and fair wages.

2 Likes

Re: “I Am An Uber Driver, Not A Yahoo Boy" - Man Reveals What He Does For A Living by tmeg: 11:49pm On Jan 23, 2019
I need to get an Australian Woman as my wife,I want you to link me to someone
Re: “I Am An Uber Driver, Not A Yahoo Boy" - Man Reveals What He Does For A Living by timisquare82(m): 7:20pm On May 09, 2021
CheapDataGuy:
God bless your hustle sha

But baba if you hear amount wey some boys they make per week doing wire wire, both u and those wey dey say u dey do yahoo go run mad
I beg link me up oo. My whatshapp08132554240
Re: “I Am An Uber Driver, Not A Yahoo Boy" - Man Reveals What He Does For A Living by timisquare82(m): 7:26pm On May 09, 2021
HazzanTazzan:
Kikiki... I make an average of 80 to 100k daily on a good day and I still don't love large...

This guy makes 5 to 8k daily and he's claiming to live large...

That's the mentality of our youth... They earn peanuts and live lavish
Bros please link me too. Whatshapp08132554240

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

High Paying Skills You Need To Learn In Nigeria. / Unmarried Policewoman Sacked For Getting Pregnant / Oge Kate: EBSU Graduate Does Charcoal Business For For A Living

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.