Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,149 members, 7,818,453 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:13 PM

2019: Amosun Shelves Senatorial Ambition - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2019: Amosun Shelves Senatorial Ambition (26245 Views)

APC Crisis: Ganduje Urges Peace, Shelves Senatorial Ambition For Barau Jibrin / Bianca’s Siblings Attack Ojukwu’s Sons Over Senatorial Ambition / Bianca Ojukwu’s Senatorial Ambition Tears APGA Apart (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

2019: Amosun Shelves Senatorial Ambition by dre11(m): 12:30pm On Sep 29, 2018
...as Tejuoso, Hamzat jostle for Ogun Central ticket

Laide Raheem, Abeokuta

Strong indication emerged, on Friday, that Governor Ibikunle Amosun of Ogun State, might have shelved his senatorial ambition.

A source, who is a chieftain of the All Progressives Congress (APC), in Ogun Central senatorial district, informed Daily Sun, that the governor, who had earlier declared his intention to run for the Senate, at the last minute, dropped the ambition.

According to the party chieftain, who preferred anonymity, the governor actually obtained the expression of interest and nomination forms for the position, but he neither submitted the form nor went for the screening.

This, the source hinted, has left the position open for Ganiyu Hamzat, a former member House of Representative in Lagos State and the incumbent Senator, Lanre Tejuoso.

Meanwhile, Tejuoso, while addressing his supporters at the APC Ogun Central stakeholders meeting held, on Saturday, in Abeokuta, said he was re-contesting for the senatorial seat to consolidate his achievements in the district.

He disclosed that he was ready, out of respect and loyalty, to drop his own ambition for the state governor if he was interested in the position, but he had to reconsider his decision when other aspirants started obtaining the nomination forms for the position.

Tejuoso, who is the Chairman, Senate Committee on Health, however, denied defecting to another party as it was being bandied around, saying he briefly left the party just to express his displeasure over some developments in Ogun Central APC.

“This government is my project with Amosun and President Buhari. I have been following the president for 12 years until he came to power. Now that we have assumed power, you now want me out. You can imagine.

“I worked tirelessly for the emergence of Amosun as governor. Sometime I enquired from him whether he was interested in returning to the Senate.

“But the governor said he would not go to Senate, except there is assurance that he becomes the Senate President. He, therefore, asked me to continue my work.

“But recently, during a meeting you all knew about, Amosun publicly announced his intention to run for Senate.

“If only Amosun had obtained the nomination form, I wouldn’t have collected the form. But when I realised that others were collecting nomination forms, I also joined in collecting the form.”

On whether he was prepared to face his boss in the senatorial contest, Tejuoso told the gathering: “I am not sure that Oga (Amosun) is still in the race. But if he is still in the race, I will inform you.”

He urged the party members to troop out on Sunday and vote for the governorship of their choice through direct primary.

When contacted on phone, the State Publicity Secretary of the party, Wole Elegbede, said it was only the governor that could comment on the issue, adding the aspiration was his personal decision.

http://sunnewsonline.com/2019-amosun-shelves-senatorial-ambition/

lalasticlala
Re: 2019: Amosun Shelves Senatorial Ambition by stalwart123(m): 12:40pm On Sep 29, 2018
angry

Maybe he doesn't have NYSC certificate. He just doesn't want to cut off his political career.

It's better for him to bow out honorably.

It's better to leave the stage when the ovation is loudest.

The fear of investigative journalism is the beginning of wisdom.

5 Likes

Re: 2019: Amosun Shelves Senatorial Ambition by Bright4(m): 12:43pm On Sep 29, 2018
Power intoxicating people day and night...

you were once a senator and now two term governor... what else do they really want

26 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 2019: Amosun Shelves Senatorial Ambition by Shukuakukobambi: 1:36pm On Sep 29, 2018
Very very very good if this is true. I'll be so happy. I congratulate him for seeing reason and bowing out. That's how it should be

Now it remains that constituted authority and demolisher in Ibadan, Ajimobi, to also throw in the towel and allow Adesoji and others fight for it

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2019: Amosun Shelves Senatorial Ambition by SarakiBukola: 2:34pm On Sep 29, 2018
This is surprising and good news if true

Our politicians usually prefer to die on the throne

4 Likes

Re: 2019: Amosun Shelves Senatorial Ambition by jidamsel43(m): 3:11pm On Sep 29, 2018
if the news is true , then it shows that Ibikunle Amosun has proven himself to be a patriotic statesman . Though , he has every right to exercise is fundamental freedom of right to vote and be voted for .

Am not for any party , am only for development

5 Likes

Re: 2019: Amosun Shelves Senatorial Ambition by Araoluwa005(m): 4:04pm On Sep 29, 2018
shameless people

1 Like

Re: 2019: Amosun Shelves Senatorial Ambition by NwaAmaikpe: 4:04pm On Sep 29, 2018
shocked

Good decision.

Because if he could impregnate a corper as a governor he will graduate to impregnate a Civil defender as a Senator.

14 Likes 4 Shares

Re: 2019: Amosun Shelves Senatorial Ambition by deji17: 4:05pm On Sep 29, 2018
If you are too greedy and do not know when to step aside and give other people the chance, then you are not a good politician

1 Like

Re: 2019: Amosun Shelves Senatorial Ambition by ipobarecriminals: 4:05pm On Sep 29, 2018
sad Thieves. Nobody fit do the job pass him
Re: 2019: Amosun Shelves Senatorial Ambition by fergie001: 4:06pm On Sep 29, 2018
Shukuakukobambi:
Very very very good if this is true. I'll be so happy. I congratulate him for seeing reason and bowing out. That's how it should be

Now it remains that constituted authority and demolisher in Ibadan, Ajimobi, to also throw in the towel and allow Adesoji and others fight for it
So you be Ibadan boy?
Re: 2019: Amosun Shelves Senatorial Ambition by Shukuakukobambi: 4:07pm On Sep 29, 2018
fergie001:

So you be Ibadan boy?

Ibadan is second home. wink

3 Likes

Re: 2019: Amosun Shelves Senatorial Ambition by Celestyn8213: 4:08pm On Sep 29, 2018
Dem no dey tell blind man say train dey come, gbam!
Re: 2019: Amosun Shelves Senatorial Ambition by fergie001: 4:08pm On Sep 29, 2018
Shukuakukobambi:

Ibadan is second home. wink
Ibadan is my 3rd home tongue
Re: 2019: Amosun Shelves Senatorial Ambition by Sammyimpostor: 4:11pm On Sep 29, 2018
jidamsel43:
if the news is true , then it shows that Ibikunle Amosun has proven himself to be a patriotic statesman . Though , he has every right to exercise is fundamental freedom of right to vote and be voted for .

Am not for any party , am only for development

You call this patriotism, the reason he stepped down is because Buhari has promised to make him a Minister come next year, he will replace Adeosun

1 Like

Re: 2019: Amosun Shelves Senatorial Ambition by Lanre4uonly(m): 4:11pm On Sep 29, 2018
Ok. Fingers crossed.
Re: 2019: Amosun Shelves Senatorial Ambition by Shukuakukobambi: 4:12pm On Sep 29, 2018
fergie001:

Ibadan is my 3rd home tongue

That's good cheesy
Re: 2019: Amosun Shelves Senatorial Ambition by chiubaemeka(m): 4:13pm On Sep 29, 2018
And the Circle of power keeps on going round. Lemme park here first
Re: 2019: Amosun Shelves Senatorial Ambition by fergie001: 4:14pm On Sep 29, 2018
Shukuakukobambi:

That's good cheesy
Yap
Re: 2019: Amosun Shelves Senatorial Ambition by gaby(m): 4:16pm On Sep 29, 2018
I'm sure he has been assured of a ministerial position.

Keep watch

1 Like

Re: 2019: Amosun Shelves Senatorial Ambition by otunde527: 4:17pm On Sep 29, 2018
God

Total revolution is needed in this country

Check my siggy for your rmb
Re: 2019: Amosun Shelves Senatorial Ambition by emmanuelpopson(m): 4:17pm On Sep 29, 2018
#ourmumuneverdo
Re: 2019: Amosun Shelves Senatorial Ambition by Ajibel(m): 4:27pm On Sep 29, 2018
But the governor said he would not go to Senate, except there is assurance that he becomes the Senate President. He, therefore, asked me to continue my work.

Can you imagine? So I'm sure he dropped his ambition simply because he wasn't assured of being the Senate President.
Re: 2019: Amosun Shelves Senatorial Ambition by Tenn88: 4:29pm On Sep 29, 2018
Shukuakukobambi:

our own constituted authority is very stubborn

2 Likes

Re: 2019: Amosun Shelves Senatorial Ambition by deebsman1(m): 4:37pm On Sep 29, 2018
Good one, Ajimobi should follow suit
Re: 2019: Amosun Shelves Senatorial Ambition by Shukuakukobambi: 4:42pm On Sep 29, 2018
Tenn88:
our own constituted authority is very stubborn

He really needs to leave for Adesoji to continue. What else does he want? He tried in his first term but this second one has been a disaster
Re: 2019: Amosun Shelves Senatorial Ambition by lenghtinny(m): 4:44pm On Sep 29, 2018
Good riddance to bad rubbish angry

We don't need a vengeful close minded human being as the nation number 3 citizen...

2 Likes

Re: 2019: Amosun Shelves Senatorial Ambition by SmartMugu: 5:05pm On Sep 29, 2018
Doesn't he have NYSC certificate too?
Re: 2019: Amosun Shelves Senatorial Ambition by tolexy007(m): 5:07pm On Sep 29, 2018
stalwart123:
angry

Maybe he doesn't have NYSC certificate. He just doesn't want to cut off his political career.

It's better for him to bow out honorably.

It's better to leave the stage when the ovation is loudest.

The fear of investigative journalism is the beginning of wisdom.

it is possible
Re: 2019: Amosun Shelves Senatorial Ambition by Wiseandtrue(f): 5:08pm On Sep 29, 2018
Bright4:
Power intoxicating people day and night...

you were once a senator and now two term governor... what else do they really want
To run Nigeria aground!

Even as a governor him no perform!!!

Mtcheeew shameless persin

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Dapo Abiodun Visits Otunba Gbenga Daniel, Others (Photos) / Fayose Dances As He Celebrates His 59th Birthday (Photos, Videos) / SSS Operatives, Nnamdi Kanu’s Lawyers, Family Members Clash In Court.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.