Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,167 members, 7,815,068 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:43 AM

Adebayo Shittu Backtracks, Says 'it'll Be A Pleasant Thing To Go For NYSC' - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Adebayo Shittu Backtracks, Says 'it'll Be A Pleasant Thing To Go For NYSC' (25604 Views)

Nigerians React To APC Disqualification Of Adebayo Shittu / Nigerians React To Adebayo Shittu's NYSC Skipping Scandal / Adebayo Shittu Busted For Skipping NYSC, Risks Jail Term (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Adebayo Shittu Backtracks, Says 'it'll Be A Pleasant Thing To Go For NYSC' by edunwablog: 8:06pm On Sep 29, 2018
Adebayo Shittu, Minister of Communication, has said it would be his pleasure to participate in the National Youth Service Scheme (NYSC).

The minister, who was recently screened out of participation in the governorship primary of the party, for not participating in the NYSC scheme, had earlier insisted that he didn't need the certificate since he had done "higher service" in the Oyo State House of Assembly.However, on the programme, State Affairs, which was a interview by Edmund Obilo, recorded on Tuesday, Shittu said he would be willing to participate in the scheme.

Asked if he would be ready to participate in the NYSC scheme, he said: "Of course, I would go. It would be a pleasant thing to go. After I'm a governor by the grace of God."

He also said he would be ready to serve wherever he was posted, stating that "I'll serve in any place, if it becomes necessary for me to go."

When asked if he would still participate in the NYSC scheme, even if he doesn't become governor, he said: "If it becomes necessary, I will. Courts would have to decide whether serving in the House of Assembly and being minister is not superior and does not replace service in the NYSC."

https://www.akelicious.net/2018/09/adebayo-shittu-backtracks-says-itll-be.html

1 Share

Re: Adebayo Shittu Backtracks, Says 'it'll Be A Pleasant Thing To Go For NYSC' by Yambee: 8:07pm On Sep 29, 2018
This one with beards like a terrorist wan serve where?

You and others that thought not serving was a smart thing to do,have learned your lessons the hard way.

You should carry your cross,and stop seeking for pity from us. You have been disqualified,and that's it.

69 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Adebayo Shittu Backtracks, Says 'it'll Be A Pleasant Thing To Go For NYSC' by cooldipo(m): 8:08pm On Sep 29, 2018
Too late Sir.....it is good to be reserved!

6 Likes

Re: Adebayo Shittu Backtracks, Says 'it'll Be A Pleasant Thing To Go For NYSC' by stalwart123(m): 8:13pm On Sep 29, 2018
Court cannot rule out NYSC bye laws .

It's still pertinent for you to serve if you want to seek for any political post.

Submit yourself to NYSC for mobilisation aqap.

There's no time in Moscow. You can still be governor in 8 years time.

8 Likes

Re: Adebayo Shittu Backtracks, Says 'it'll Be A Pleasant Thing To Go For NYSC' by Nuzo1(m): 8:16pm On Sep 29, 2018
This man is the most arrogantly ignorant human being I've ever heard talk.

It's even shocking to know that he's a lawyer, ex legislator and a serving minister in a very important ministry.

I feel like crying.

39 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Adebayo Shittu Backtracks, Says 'it'll Be A Pleasant Thing To Go For NYSC' by KosyJerry(m): 8:34pm On Sep 29, 2018
This one is always high on codeine... Science senator

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Adebayo Shittu Backtracks, Says 'it'll Be A Pleasant Thing To Go For NYSC' by ipobarecriminals: 8:34pm On Sep 29, 2018
undecided wink grin sad
Re: Adebayo Shittu Backtracks, Says 'it'll Be A Pleasant Thing To Go For NYSC' by Oyerinde16(m): 8:35pm On Sep 29, 2018
[b][/b]THIS IDIOT WANTS TO SET BAD PRECEDENT, ONLY FOR EVERY GRADUATE TO LOOK FOR ONE SMALL WORK DO HIM DON DO HIGHER SERVICE B THAT.
Re: Adebayo Shittu Backtracks, Says 'it'll Be A Pleasant Thing To Go For NYSC' by iammo(m): 8:35pm On Sep 29, 2018
law twister, he knows fully well all he has to present to inec is an Olevel statement of result to be a governor, and should a Court compel him to present an NYSC certificate, many other politician like buhari, saraki, tinubu, osiomole and politician who schooled abroad would have to tender theirs as doctoring of necessity and principle of fairness

5 Likes

Re: Adebayo Shittu Backtracks, Says 'it'll Be A Pleasant Thing To Go For NYSC' by datola: 8:35pm On Sep 29, 2018
Unlearned lawyer
Re: Adebayo Shittu Backtracks, Says 'it'll Be A Pleasant Thing To Go For NYSC' by Raydans: 8:35pm On Sep 29, 2018
Subconsciously and mentally we are getting there.

I forsee a greater Nigeria. It all starts from leadership.

It might not be this generation but the trend has started already

6 Likes

Re: Adebayo Shittu Backtracks, Says 'it'll Be A Pleasant Thing To Go For NYSC' by BruncleZuma: 8:35pm On Sep 29, 2018
grin grin grin grin
Re: Adebayo Shittu Backtracks, Says 'it'll Be A Pleasant Thing To Go For NYSC' by MANNABBQGRILLS: 8:35pm On Sep 29, 2018
Better late than NEVER

1 Like

Re: Adebayo Shittu Backtracks, Says 'it'll Be A Pleasant Thing To Go For NYSC' by Shampoo77: 8:36pm On Sep 29, 2018
Another wasted three years. That is what he should have done since 2015.

4 Likes

Re: Adebayo Shittu Backtracks, Says 'it'll Be A Pleasant Thing To Go For NYSC' by Culin(f): 8:36pm On Sep 29, 2018
I thought military service was the only kind of service that could rule out the NYSC.

7 Likes

Re: Adebayo Shittu Backtracks, Says 'it'll Be A Pleasant Thing To Go For NYSC' by Nobody: 8:36pm On Sep 29, 2018
Lol...
Re: Adebayo Shittu Backtracks, Says 'it'll Be A Pleasant Thing To Go For NYSC' by MANNABBQGRILLS: 8:36pm On Sep 29, 2018
He also said he would be ready to serve wherever he was posted, stating that "I'll serve in any place, if it becomes necessary for me to go."

Easier said than done tho.....

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Adebayo Shittu Backtracks, Says 'it'll Be A Pleasant Thing To Go For NYSC' by Nukilia: 8:36pm On Sep 29, 2018
This guy is a Gunner... Bye bye to rubbish
Re: Adebayo Shittu Backtracks, Says 'it'll Be A Pleasant Thing To Go For NYSC' by lawyer(m): 8:37pm On Sep 29, 2018
Minister Shittu abeg finish this Claro so that e go make you get your sense back!

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Adebayo Shittu Backtracks, Says 'it'll Be A Pleasant Thing To Go For NYSC' by Nobody: 8:37pm On Sep 29, 2018
Aren't you like 30 years late? The scheme is called National YOUTH service corp for a reason. Surely you don't see yourself as a youth and even if you are deluded, the NYSC bye law states that you have to be 30 or below to serve.

Are you saying you want to break another law?

Unfortunately for you, you can't apply for exemption cos you graduated before 30. Ntooor....

Just say bye bye to your political career.

8 Likes

Re: Adebayo Shittu Backtracks, Says 'it'll Be A Pleasant Thing To Go For NYSC' by Tonymegabush1(m): 8:38pm On Sep 29, 2018
Oga u Don pass 30 yrs na exemption letter you supposed even dey apply for. by the way hope you don't resigned from that your minister work
Re: Adebayo Shittu Backtracks, Says 'it'll Be A Pleasant Thing To Go For NYSC' by Olukat(m): 8:38pm On Sep 29, 2018
Yambee:
This one with beards like a terrorist wan serve where?

You and others that thought not serving was a smart thing to do,have learned your lessons the hard way.

You should carry your cross,and stop seeking for pity from us. You have been disqualified,and that's it.

Say it the way it is grin grin grin grin not like!
Re: Adebayo Shittu Backtracks, Says 'it'll Be A Pleasant Thing To Go For NYSC' by Xisnin(m): 8:39pm On Sep 29, 2018
"Of course, I would go. It would be a pleasant thing to go. After I'm a governor by the grace of God."
Pointer
Re: Adebayo Shittu Backtracks, Says 'it'll Be A Pleasant Thing To Go For NYSC' by Yankee101: 8:44pm On Sep 29, 2018
Lol. Old papa, big bellied, in NYSC uniform. But sorry, you are above 30. Not an option. No more public office for you. Oyo governor has won.
Re: Adebayo Shittu Backtracks, Says 'it'll Be A Pleasant Thing To Go For NYSC' by Tenn88: 8:44pm On Sep 29, 2018
stalwart123:
Court cannot rule out NYSC bye laws .

It's still pertinent for you to serve if you want to seek for any political post.

Submit yourself to NYSC for mobilisation aqap.

There's no time in Moscow. You can still be governor in 8 years time.
grin
Re: Adebayo Shittu Backtracks, Says 'it'll Be A Pleasant Thing To Go For NYSC' by Tonymegabush1(m): 8:44pm On Sep 29, 2018
I have been �.. So to hold any political office be it a president, governor etc, one need only but SSCE (o'level) cert, but to be a public servants in any government agency one must have graduated and present either Nysc or an exemption letter Mmmmmmm we have alot to debate on concerning this our constitution.....

4 Likes

Re: Adebayo Shittu Backtracks, Says 'it'll Be A Pleasant Thing To Go For NYSC' by masseratti: 8:44pm On Sep 29, 2018
Is this a joke or something?
Re: Adebayo Shittu Backtracks, Says 'it'll Be A Pleasant Thing To Go For NYSC' by Nobody: 8:45pm On Sep 29, 2018
grin grin grin

Uk US and nigerian adsense account available send me a pm if interested or call 0903 714 7924
Re: Adebayo Shittu Backtracks, Says 'it'll Be A Pleasant Thing To Go For NYSC' by lonelydora: 8:45pm On Sep 29, 2018
Him dey use Nigerians joke? He never know where him dey

(1) (2) (Reply)

Army Deploys 95 Percent Soldiers For 2019 General Elections / President Buhari Attends Eid el-Fitr Prayers In Abuja (Photos) / You Could Not Retire Ordinary Obiano & Want To Retire Tinubu - Omokri Blasts Obi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.