Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,586 members, 7,837,214 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 07:08 PM

ICYMI: Osun Election: INEC Not Independent, Says Adegboruwa - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / ICYMI: Osun Election: INEC Not Independent, Says Adegboruwa (9566 Views)

CSU: Certificate Tinubu Submitted To INEC Not Our Document - DailyPost / Another Court Asks INEC Not To Issue Certificate Of Return To Okorocha / Court Orders INEC Not To Issue Certificate Of Returns To Okorocha (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

ICYMI: Osun Election: INEC Not Independent, Says Adegboruwa by Johnnyessence(m): 5:06am On Sep 30, 2018
Activist lawyer , Mr Ebun -Olu Adegboruwa , has alleged that the Independent National Electoral Commission was sympathetic to the ruling All Progressives Congress rather than being neutral in the Osun State governorship election .
According to him, the handling of the Osun State governorship poll by the electoral umpire underscored the claim that many loyalists and relatives of President Muhammadu Buhari are occupying very high positions in INEC .
Adegboruwa said this on Friday in a statement he titled , “Osun governorship election : Back to the trenches .”
INEC in the early hours of Friday declared the APC candidate , Alhaji Gboyega Oyetola , winner of the poll with 255 ,505 votes , ahead of the candidate of the opposition Peoples Democratic Party, Senator Ademola Adeleke , who recorded 255 ,023 votes .
READ ALSO : INEC declares APC Oyetola winner of Osun gov election
Adeleke had in the main election held on September 22 come top with 254 ,698 votes while Oyetola trailed him with 254 ,345 votes, but INEC declared the election inconclusive and called for a supplementary poll on September 27 .
In the supplementary poll , Oyetola garnered additional 1 ,160 votes to eventually overtake Adeleke , who polled only 325 votes in the rerun election .
Adegboruwa , who said he monitored the rerun election from situation rooms of civil society organisations and on traditional and social media and also relied on reports from local and international observers, said the exercise had opened up the weaknesses of Nigeria ’ s electoral system , which needed to be fixed by the National Assembly.
He said , “First , the election has shown that INEC is not independent .
“The influence of the ruling party on INEC cannot be overemphasised , especially as it has constantly been trumpeted that there are many loyalists and relatives of the President , occupying very high positions in INEC .
“It is thus almost certain that in keenly contested elections , such as the Osun governorship, INEC will be reluctant to declare a candidate of the opposition party, as the winner . Thus , the general view in respect to the Osun governorship election is that it became inconclusive because the opposition candidate was leading.” https://punchng.com/osun-election-inec-not-independent-says-adegboruwa/

6 Likes

Re: ICYMI: Osun Election: INEC Not Independent, Says Adegboruwa by Johnnyessence(m): 5:34am On Sep 30, 2018
Inec has compromised, they are not to be trusted again.

49 Likes 3 Shares

Re: ICYMI: Osun Election: INEC Not Independent, Says Adegboruwa by LordofNaija: 5:56am On Sep 30, 2018
grin I wish to restate that Buhari is the best INEC chairman Nigeria ever had, even Maurice Iwu for all he is worth is envious of him

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: ICYMI: Osun Election: INEC Not Independent, Says Adegboruwa by MrWondah(m): 5:56am On Sep 30, 2018
Sometimes complaining don't solve a problem. Inec has not been independent since I was born, there has been and there will always be efforts to induce the electoral body.
To me I feel if you know INEC is not transparent, sue them but you will never win.
If inec would have to be independent, then all imec staff involved in one party or the other should be fired.
In 2015 I can assure you that 20% of inec staff were APC members, employed by the minister of finance. About 15% were apologetic to APC.
I know few some close friends who are card carrying members of APC as inec staff, and they will tell you they have their team.
I can figure out the stats for PDP, but I know it would be more than that of APC, attesting to the fact that majority of the indigenes are apologetic to PDP

3 Likes

Re: ICYMI: Osun Election: INEC Not Independent, Says Adegboruwa by PassingShot(m): 5:57am On Sep 30, 2018
Who doesn't know that Adegoruwa is a PDP member?

Johnnyessence:
Tell us about any election that PDP has not cried foul since 2015 apart from the ones they won?

You guys case/crying has become so useless and unimpactful since you cry over everything - real or imagined. It has gotten to the extent that sane/patriotic Nigerians do not take you serious anymore - even when your wailing is for genuine reason. grin grin

8 Likes 5 Shares

Re: ICYMI: Osun Election: INEC Not Independent, Says Adegboruwa by Rajman45(m): 6:00am On Sep 30, 2018
Let's talk sense into some heads!

PMB and INEC conducted Bayelsa elections, PDP won.

They conducted Anambra elections, APGA won.

They conducted Oyo House of Assembly Ibarapa State Constituency, PDP won.

Some elections were conducted in Taraba, PDP won.

They even conducted a senatorial bye election where Dancing Senator Ademola Adeleke of PDP won.
They conducted bye-election in Oyo State as well, PDP won.

In all of these, Buhari and INEC didn't rig and APC was a progressive party.

Now, they conducted Osun Elections, APC won you started calling names. Democracy is at risk and all the blablabla ranting and tantrums.

You need to fear God o

Congrats to Oyetola Gboyega

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: ICYMI: Osun Election: INEC Not Independent, Says Adegboruwa by Uwaomapaul(m): 6:01am On Sep 30, 2018
Useless institute

1 Like

Re: ICYMI: Osun Election: INEC Not Independent, Says Adegboruwa by prela(f): 6:01am On Sep 30, 2018
Awon INEC wèrè, they are nothing but pencils in the hands of evil abd deperate party APC

I wonder what 2019 election would look like. May God help us avert the evil they plan on inflicting upon Nigerians

7 Likes

Re: ICYMI: Osun Election: INEC Not Independent, Says Adegboruwa by lakesider(m): 6:06am On Sep 30, 2018
Inec was independent when pdp won in osun.... Lol
APC was in osun campaigning. Making deals with on
Misore..
Saraki was campaigning for his primary
Ffk was in Abuja
Where was fayose
Where was pdp chairman
Where was woke
Where was Bruce..
Elections are. It won on Facebook

1 Like

Re: ICYMI: Osun Election: INEC Not Independent, Says Adegboruwa by Rajman45(m): 6:07am On Sep 30, 2018
Johnnyessence:
Because is pdp... INEC has compromised, but u and so many dumb heads have forgotten easily what happened in kogi state. Now, u and pdp supporters are now clamouring for heads to roll, when it is obviously clear that the election was inclusive on Saturday.
Why is PDP crying now? In 2015 kogi governorship election, APC was leading PDP with 41343 votes when INEC declared the election inconclusive for the same reasons they declared Osun state election inconclusive. Why did they not ask INEC to declare APC winner with out going for run up.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: ICYMI: Osun Election: INEC Not Independent, Says Adegboruwa by BafanaBafana: 6:14am On Sep 30, 2018
Is that why Davido doesn't have voters card?
Re: ICYMI: Osun Election: INEC Not Independent, Says Adegboruwa by Proudlyngwa(m): 6:16am On Sep 30, 2018
This man made no sense,
He ended up saying nothing meaningful and prooving nothing.
Was the election inconclusive and accepted by both parties.
Is the rerun a process recognised by Inec.
Did both parties or only one party try to influence voters.

If the PDP has any meaningful and incriminating evidence in relation to this election, let them do the needful and stop disturbing Cyberspace.

Confused and useless do or die party of hypocrites
Re: ICYMI: Osun Election: INEC Not Independent, Says Adegboruwa by Johnnyessence(m): 6:16am On Sep 30, 2018
Rajman45:

Because is pdp... INEC has compromised, but u and so many dumb heads have forgotten easily what happened in kogi state. Now, u and pdp supporters are now clamouring for heads to roll, when it is obviously clear that the election was inclusive on Saturday.
Why is PDP crying now? In 2015 kogi governorship election, APC was leading PDP with 41343 votes when INEC declared the election inconclusive for the same reasons they declared Osun state election inconclusive. Why did they not ask INEC to declare APC winner with out going for run up.
so tell me why inec are conducting ordinary 7 polling units in violence way. don't you see that it calls for concern Hmmmm. inec can never conduct free and fair election. on September 22, it was slightly free and fair, but on September 27, it was marred with violence and thuggery. court of justice that everyone believes to be the hope of common herbs man will do justice to it.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: ICYMI: Osun Election: INEC Not Independent, Says Adegboruwa by pemiakd: 6:16am On Sep 30, 2018
Rajman45:

I wonder oo, where was he during obasanjo days where dey were lot of rigging?

1 Like

Re: ICYMI: Osun Election: INEC Not Independent, Says Adegboruwa by Nobody: 6:17am On Sep 30, 2018
Which way Nigeria

Mahmoud, this Buhari's in-law will destroy Nigeria. Just take a look at what they did in Ekiti and Osun States.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: ICYMI: Osun Election: INEC Not Independent, Says Adegboruwa by Corrinthians(m): 6:20am On Sep 30, 2018
PassingShot:
Who doesn't know that Adegoruwa is a PDP member?

Tell us about any election that PDP has not cried foul since 2015 apart from the ones they won?

You guys case/crying has become so useless and unimpactful since you cry over everything - real or imagined. It has gotten to the extent that sane/patriotic Nigerians do not take you serious anymore - even when your wailing is for genuine reason. grin grin
Re: ICYMI: Osun Election: INEC Not Independent, Says Adegboruwa by Johnnyessence(m): 6:21am On Sep 30, 2018
OkaNaUbe:
Which way Nigeria

Mahmoud, this Buhari's in-law will destroy Nigeria. Just take a look at what they did in Ekiti and Osun States.
They have destroyed our democracy, ordinary 7 polling units, they marred it with violence and thuggery.

4 Likes

Re: ICYMI: Osun Election: INEC Not Independent, Says Adegboruwa by Timil: 6:21am On Sep 30, 2018
There has never being any time INEC was independent, INEC and its Chairman has always been a puppet to the government while the government has always been INEC's puppet master.

I thought Nigerian's were getting wiser but NO! they are not getting any wise infact they are becoming too docile, the OSUN election malpractices shouldn't come has a surprise to any Nigerian who is inclined and informed about the state of affairs in Nigerian politics.

With several evidences in the past pointing to the rigging of elections in Nigeria, election rigging should've been abolished in Nigeria but that isn't the case as rigging of elections is growing stronger.

The OSUN election is a sign of things to come in the general elections and if Nigerian's are not careful, the 2019 election will be a bloodshed.

Its about time we "REVOLT" against the members of the political class and elites who has sold the country into capitivity.

We can't continue like this and expect to be great. No Way!

1 Like

Re: ICYMI: Osun Election: INEC Not Independent, Says Adegboruwa by excel101(m): 6:25am On Sep 30, 2018
Rajman45:

They even conducted a senatorial bye election where Dancing Senator Ademola Adeleke of PDP won.

Now, they conducted Osun Elections, APC won you started calling names. Democracy is at risk and all the blablabla ranting and tantrums.

You need to fear God o

Arrant nonsense

2 Likes

Re: ICYMI: Osun Election: INEC Not Independent, Says Adegboruwa by excel101(m): 6:26am On Sep 30, 2018
Rajman45:

You need to fear God o

With the look of things now i want to believe that they're now regretting losing those states through credible elections that they're hell bent on forcefully taking back other PDP owned states.

1 Like

Re: ICYMI: Osun Election: INEC Not Independent, Says Adegboruwa by lenghtinny(m): 6:29am On Sep 30, 2018
I hope the " get your pvc" crew have realised that the pvc is not enough to rescue Nigeria from the jaws of the evil party.....

1 Like

Re: ICYMI: Osun Election: INEC Not Independent, Says Adegboruwa by Rajman45(m): 6:31am On Sep 30, 2018
Johnnyessence:
so tell me why inec are conducting ordinary 7 polling units in violence way. don't you see that it calls for concern Hmmmm. inec can never conduct free and fair election. on September 22, it was slightly free and fair, but on September 27, it was marred with violence and thuggery. court of justice that everyone believes to be the hope of common herbs man will do justice to it.
On September 22, it was slightly free and fair... Because pdp was leading abi. Who is deceiving who, is it u, me, pdp, apc, INEC, the presidency or even u again that's blinded by cheap words that stated * it's only free and fair when we win, but rigged if we lost *. If security forces were not present, and some hazardous things happen, na dsame 9ja people go dey complain.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: ICYMI: Osun Election: INEC Not Independent, Says Adegboruwa by Rajman45(m): 6:34am On Sep 30, 2018
excel101:
With the look of things now i want to believe that they're now regretting losing those states through credible elections that they're hell bent on forcefully taking back other PDP owned states.
Believer whatever u want to believe. We all have freedom of expression and thought.
Re: ICYMI: Osun Election: INEC Not Independent, Says Adegboruwa by Sharpshooota: 6:34am On Sep 30, 2018
Even zombies know that INEC is in the bag of APC

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: ICYMI: Osun Election: INEC Not Independent, Says Adegboruwa by GMbuharii: 6:35am On Sep 30, 2018
I hope Jega is proud wherever he is right now...

Now thunder shall faya all coneheads

grin

1 Like

Re: ICYMI: Osun Election: INEC Not Independent, Says Adegboruwa by Rajman45(m): 6:35am On Sep 30, 2018
excel101:
Arrant nonsense
Wow...
Re: ICYMI: Osun Election: INEC Not Independent, Says Adegboruwa by Johnnyessence(m): 6:37am On Sep 30, 2018
Rajman45:

On September 22, it was slightly free and fair... Because pdp was leading abi. Who is deceiving who, is it u, me, pdp, apc, INEC, the presidency or even u again that's blinded by cheap words that stated * it's only free and fair when we win, but rigged if we lost *. If security forces were not present, and some hazardous things happen, na dsame 9ja people go dey complain.
what's armies doing in the 7 polling units Hmmmmmmmmmm. it's just 7 polling units niiiii oooo and not a local government. democracy keep on depleting by the day.

1 Like

Re: ICYMI: Osun Election: INEC Not Independent, Says Adegboruwa by dollarsplenty(m): 6:53am On Sep 30, 2018
It was free and fair on Sept 22 when all the parties involved were buying votes and perpetrating electoral malpractices. But it became unfair and not-free when APC took advantage of bargain with Omisore. I wonder why nobody is talking about Omisore. He 'collabo' with APC to teach PDP the lesson of their lives. Had Omisore accepted the Saraki's Collabo, I think PDP would have praised INEC to high heaven.

2 Likes

Re: ICYMI: Osun Election: INEC Not Independent, Says Adegboruwa by Omeokachie: 7:04am On Sep 30, 2018
Buhari has destroyed the progress made on that front in just 3yrs...like every other things he inherited.
Re: ICYMI: Osun Election: INEC Not Independent, Says Adegboruwa by Splashme: 7:31am On Sep 30, 2018
Johnnyessence:
Re: ICYMI: Osun Election: INEC Not Independent, Says Adegboruwa by deboysben(m): 7:33am On Sep 30, 2018
I see national assembly doing everything possible to make sure that inec boss and all buhari relatives there were serve vote of no confidence after their recess.

Inec is no longer independent, they are pro apc
Re: ICYMI: Osun Election: INEC Not Independent, Says Adegboruwa by NwaliE01: 7:38am On Sep 30, 2018
What is paining me so much is how some of us here would clearly support this worst hardship we are facing today in the name of religion, tribe or affiliation.
Sometimes I wonder whether we are humans at all.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (Reply)

Video: Ooni Links Aje Festival To Industrious Igbo People / Kayode Fayemi Takes The COVID-19 Vaccine / Okowa’s Non-Payment Of School Retirees Is Leading Teachers To Early Graves

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.