Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,503 members, 7,830,512 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 12:29 AM

What Are Low Carb Nigerian Foods? - Food (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / What Are Low Carb Nigerian Foods? (23208 Views)

Pretty Foreign Lady Tries Different Nigerian Foods For The 1st Time (pics/video) / Rare Pictures Of Nigerian Foods Shown In The Most Tantalizing Way / Eating Too Much Of These 9 Nigerian Foods May Kill You (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Are Low Carb Nigerian Foods? by Nobody: 9:07pm On Sep 30, 2018
desiregold:
cheesy cheesy cheesy.

and this comment is suppose to get me angry or what?

my dear, awon thickabody, awon bangable body rules. i cant trade this body for anything.

Proudly thick and bangable.!!!

see as i dey view ur laps cheesy

Re: What Are Low Carb Nigerian Foods? by Nobody: 9:09pm On Sep 30, 2018
Realberg:
Bia!
Boil One cup of Dangote cement, mix with Methylated spirit and fry in Sniper. You ain't needing no advice no more.

Re: What Are Low Carb Nigerian Foods? by Nobody: 9:26pm On Sep 30, 2018
ariketalks:

Don't come at me yelling "ignorance". You don't know who i am or what i do so keep your salty remarks to yourself. S/he made valid points.
But since you want to be a smarty, here you go.

• Even elementary school kids know weight loss is Calories In VS Calories Out. And as for "oil" in his/her comment, s/he obviously meant trans fat which is what is obtainable in the mainstream.
• You don't need extra water to boil meat except you plan on making broth.
• Refer to the first point.
• I already dealt with the fizzy drinks aspect.

Now who's ignorant? I was going to let this slide but you were rude.
I don't need to recognise you to be convinced of your stark ignorance! Well i'm glad you managed to address those blunders of yours.
Re: What Are Low Carb Nigerian Foods? by Twoclans(f): 9:31pm On Sep 30, 2018
lefulefu:

see as i dey view ur laps cheesy

Drags my king by his balls and takes him back to the palace wink wink

You too like ukwu ,oya let's go kiss

2 Likes

Re: What Are Low Carb Nigerian Foods? by Nobody: 9:33pm On Sep 30, 2018
Twoclans:

Drags my king by his balls and takes him back to the palace wink wink

You too like ukwu ,oya let's go kiss
iyam coming kiss kiss

2 Likes

Re: What Are Low Carb Nigerian Foods? by Cherishpearl: 10:52pm On Sep 30, 2018
GistFullGround:
Bro or Babe, I have been on admission at the hospital.

This is the food I am given by the hospital.

Will post more when I am discharged.

I hope it helps because this is my bye-bye and etc

I am surprised they even give a patient menu to choose from.

I've got to be careful and keep fit.
pls where is the hospital
Re: What Are Low Carb Nigerian Foods? by Cherishpearl: 10:57pm On Sep 30, 2018
Juliearth:

Avoid white carbs(rice,yam...) if you must consume Rice, it should be brown rice once a week. For your swallow, you should consider the likes of oatmeal swallow, unripe plantain swallow, fonio swallow... Guinea corn swallow,etc. Subsititute red meat with Fish(stay away from Cat fish though) chicken, Cow skin... Do not skip breakfast, 8 glasses of water a day, 40 minutes of brisk walking or jogging a day.... No food intake once it's 7PM...minimal oil, fruits and veggies are a must-have... Quote me if you need more dets.
Re: What Are Low Carb Nigerian Foods? by tammie24: 11:40pm On Sep 30, 2018
sammyuche:

This topic is very important to reasonable and health conscious people. If you are too poor to purchase mb to open why not leave the topic alone for those who are interested. I just don't understand some people.
thumbs up

You couldn't have said it better
See me dey vex for here fa angry
Re: What Are Low Carb Nigerian Foods? by StarFlux: 1:25am On Oct 01, 2018
boolet:
Unfortunately none.
Na truth be dat. Many foods are saturated with palm oil, so even if the food sef is low carb, the palm oil will make sure it isn't.

1 Like

Re: What Are Low Carb Nigerian Foods? by Juliearth(f): 4:38am On Oct 01, 2018
olajide21:

I kuku got your point

grin grin
Re: What Are Low Carb Nigerian Foods? by Juliearth(f): 4:38am On Oct 01, 2018
olajide21:

Thanks for this.

You are welcome!
Re: What Are Low Carb Nigerian Foods? by Nobody: 5:27am On Oct 01, 2018
Realberg:

I don't need to recognise you to be convinced of your stark ignorance! Well i'm glad you managed to address those blunders of yours.
What blunders? Your ignorance is clear for all to see but apparently you won't go down witbout a fight. Have fun!
Re: What Are Low Carb Nigerian Foods? by Nobody: 7:16am On Oct 01, 2018
ariketalks:

What blunders? Your ignorance is clear for all to see but apparently you won't go down witbout a fight. Have fun!
Dang i'm flattered i'm on your mind all the time. Don't try to rub your shit on me, it's lame yet no one hears me complaining. Little kid behind keypads, I'd prefer being nice.
Re: What Are Low Carb Nigerian Foods? by 0monnak0da: 6:20pm On Dec 28, 2018
Beans,moinmoin,akara, edikaikong on its own full bowl,suya, pepper soups, Snails,peanuts, eggs , if you can afford it eggs are very healthy if you can throw away the yolk as the white are almost pure protein,chicken,yoghurt,kulikuli,cucumbers,tomatoes,garden eggs,coconut,fish if you can afford it in large amounts
I don't know if I can call yoghuurt a nigerian food but it is quite healthy
It is a myth that peanuts cause pimples
Also with regards the issue of carbs or no carbs carbs are not good or bad it depends on your age and lifestyle.

If you are inactive you need fewer carbs especially as you cross oer into your 30s. At that point It is true that you should probably not eat carbs after lunch but it depends are you a laborer, sportsman or work at a desk? Are you pregnant all of these show that people hae different needs. High fibre carbs like yam,plantain and brown rice are great

Also I see a lot of myths about fats and oils . The are essential for many processes and are not good or bad. Everything in moderation
Let me say something about palm oil. it is EXCELLENT no matter what any uninfored person tells you about cholesterol
Firstly we need some cholesterol to ake testosterone to keep out virilty.Secondly most of the testosterone in the blood does not come from dietary chlesterol rather it is made in the liver from other types of fats and oils so eat pam oil with confidence it is HEALTHIER than many of the so called VEGETABLE oils in the market
The other thing is whether eating oils make you "fat". You are more likely to get fat eating carbohydrates in excess especially sugar from drinks. If possible drink ONLY water
We need fats and oils for brain functioning and to make testosteron= manpwer grin. Groundnuts are a sourcee of good oils ,eat a handful a day they have nothing to do with pimples

We need fibre in our diet to avoid constipation and protect against bowel cancer so things like yam, plantain are very good in moderation and perhaps best for breakfast so I am wary of this lowcarb diet. Fibre is essential for bowel health

1 Like

Re: What Are Low Carb Nigerian Foods? by davetwitzy: 3:51pm On Feb 13, 2019
Point of correction, yam is one of the best carb sources we have. It’s a complex carb and a natural tuber. Also red meat isn’t going to hinder your fitness journey. Also there’s really nothing wrong with eating late in the night as long as it’s all healthy food.
Juliearth:

Avoid white carbs(rice,yam...) if you must consume Rice, it should be brown rice once a week. For your swallow, you should consider the likes of oatmeal swallow, unripe plantain swallow, fonio swallow... Guinea corn swallow,etc. Subsititute red meat with Fish(stay away from Cat fish though) chicken, Cow skin... Do not skip breakfast, 8 glasses of water a day, 40 minutes of brisk walking or jogging a day.... No food intake once it's 7PM...minimal oil, fruits and veggies are a must-have... Quote me if you need more dets.
Re: What Are Low Carb Nigerian Foods? by davetwitzy: 3:55pm On Feb 13, 2019
Well, if you’re on a low carb diet, the key is portion control. Most foods have almost the same amount of carbs/100g except for tubers like yam, plantain and potato.
These tubers are the best carbs tho. Generally anything unprocessed. Whole Foods!
olajide21:
Hi all,
Time as come when i become conscious of what i eat, when i eat and how i eat. Rice, plantain, yam were my regulars and in above average servings.

To the well informed people in the house, is Rice and yam low carb diet? What are the other low carb food that i can eat that would not make me miss my regulars. I would appreciate anyone willing to give a certified advice.

Thank you in anticipation.

1 Like

Re: What Are Low Carb Nigerian Foods? by Juliearth(f): 1:46am On Feb 14, 2019
davetwitzy:
Point of correction, yam is one of the best carb sources we have. It’s a complex carb and a natural tuber. Also red meat isn’t going to hinder your fitness journey. Also there’s really nothing wrong with eating late in the night as long as it’s all healthy food.

Bro, you can google the aforementioned food items and the role they play in weightloss or healthy living. The bone of contention here is not the nutritional content of these items but their benefit in weightloss and general well being . I am yet to see the person who has lost weight or became healthier from eating yam and red meat.
Re: What Are Low Carb Nigerian Foods? by davetwitzy: 7:14am On Feb 14, 2019
Let me explain from a different view. There isn’t no food you put into your mouth that would burn your weight. What makes certain food promote weight loss is the ratio of how ‘full’ the food makes you feel, to the amount of calories you’re consuming. I can consume 700 calories of rice(130g of carbs) and still feel a certain amount of hunger which will in turn lead me to eating more, but I can’t even consume 400 calories of yam(80g of carbs) in one sitting due to the high amount of fiber.

You can also try googling yam with regards to weight loss and see for yourself. Also I practice what I preach, you can check few of my pictures on IG: gbani_d and see how I manage to stay lean by eating Whole Foods like tubers and grains.

Regardless of wheather I want to lose weight or gain weight I still eat the same things, I just reduce or increase the portion as needed.
Juliearth:

Bro, you can google the aforementioned food items and the role they play in weightloss or healthy living. The bone of contention here is not the nutritional content of these items but their benefit in weightloss and general well being . I am yet to see the person who has lost weight or became healthier from eating yam and red meat.

1 Like

Re: What Are Low Carb Nigerian Foods? by Juliearth(f): 5:57am On Feb 15, 2019
davetwitzy:
Let me explain from a different view. There isn’t no food you put into your mouth that would burn your weight. What makes certain food promote weight loss is the ratio of how ‘full’ the food makes you feel, to the amount of calories you’re consuming. I can consume 700 calories of rice(130g of carbs) and still feel a certain amount of hunger which will in turn lead me to eating more, but I can’t even consume 400 calories of yam(80g of carbs) in one sitting due to the high amount of fiber.

You can also try googling yam with regards to weight loss and see for yourself. Also I practice what I preach, you can check few of my pictures on IG: gbani_d and see how I manage to stay lean by eating Whole Foods like tubers and grains.

Regardless of wheather I want to lose weight or gain weight I still eat the same things, I just reduce or increase the portion as needed.

Your point is valid,no doubt. However,are you aware that you can munch down a big bowl of vegetable salad and feel totally full? Note that a bowl of vegetable salad is less than 400 calories. Do you also know that you can munch down a bowl of oath meal swallow with oil-less okra soup and feel so full? That again is slightly less than 400 calories. It's not just about counting calories and eating in moderation,but going for the healthier options.

2 Likes

Re: What Are Low Carb Nigerian Foods? by chuckjonesbaba(m): 11:47am On Feb 15, 2019
Bia!
Boil One cup of Dangote cement, mix with Methylated spirit and fry in Sniper. You ain't needing no advice no more.

Osanobua!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

#worldjollofriceday Now Trending On Twitter / Efo Riro: A Nairalander’s Delicacy For The Weekend! / Have You Ever Eaten A Food Cooked By Your Dad?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.