Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,129 members, 7,814,945 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:08 AM

Sanwo-olu Expresses Readiness For Lagos APC Direct Primary - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Sanwo-olu Expresses Readiness For Lagos APC Direct Primary (15178 Views)

Yusuf Lasun: Picture Of The Day From Osun APC Direct Primary Election / Appeal Court Okays APC's Direct Primary, Strikes Out Restraining Order / Apc’s Direct Primaries: Buhari Intervenes To Stop Anti-oshiomhole Rebellion (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Sanwo-olu Expresses Readiness For Lagos APC Direct Primary by OEPHIUS(m): 8:26am On Sep 30, 2018
Despite sea of endorsements and adoption of Babajide Sanwo-olu as preferred candidate for Lagos State chapter of All Progressive Congress gubernatorial ticket, the former Commissioner of Establishment has clarified that he was in for direct primary of the party, saying he had not been anointed as an automatic candidate or been imposed on any contender.

Through Director General, Babajide Olusola Sanwo-Olu Campaign Organisation (BOSCO), Tayo Ayinde, he restated his readiness himself and that his of organisation for the direct primaries that was been rescheduled for 1st of October by the state’s chapter of APC.

Through a statement issued on Sunday by Director Media, Olusesan Diani, Ayinde said that the group’s governorship aspirant was set for the election and that all card carrying members of the APC should file out on Monday to exercise their franchise in a peaceful and orderly manner.

It said: “Sanwo-olu’s campaign organisation notes with concerns of attempt by some unscrupulous elements to disrupt the election process.

“What we witnessed during the APC’s stakeholders meeting at the party’s secretariat, where hundred of thugs were hired to cause mayhem, is a pointer to sinister motives of some people to make it difficult for the election to hold”, he said.

“We called on all security agents to be alive to their duties by providing adequate security to citizens who will be casting votes, just as he advised them to stay away from partisan.

Ayinde noted that the group’s aspirant had enjoyed tremendous support, goodwill and endorsements from various sections of the party, including from Governor Advisory Committee (GAC), 36 members of Lagos State House Assembly, senators from three senatorial districts of the state and members of House of Representatives as well as Market and religious leaders.

“We believe that our aspirant must go to the primary to test his popularity before members of the party”.

“It should be recalled that one of the contenders in the governorship race, former commissioner of Works, Dr. Femi Hamzat, just boosted our chances of winning by stepping down for our aspirant in an unprecedented manner. We are democratic and we believe strongly in the tenets of democracy”.

“Without any doubt, Babajide Sanwo-olu, a thorough bred professional administrator and politician remains a candidate to beat in this coming election,” he stated.

http://www.theguildng.com/sanwo-olu-expresses-readiness-for-lagos-apc-direct-primary/
Re: Sanwo-olu Expresses Readiness For Lagos APC Direct Primary by BankeSmalls(f): 8:27am On Sep 30, 2018
This man must have promised an okpolo eyed sombori 40% of our allocations.

30 Likes

Re: Sanwo-olu Expresses Readiness For Lagos APC Direct Primary by Aldebaran(m): 8:33am On Sep 30, 2018
Ambode no even enjoy his bossy four years grin

But, he tried...

EPE roads is now one of the best in Nigeria wink

I want him to do the EPE - Itokin - Ikorodu road as well grin

26 Likes

Re: Sanwo-olu Expresses Readiness For Lagos APC Direct Primary by CROWNWEALTH019(m): 8:33am On Sep 30, 2018
grin
Re: Sanwo-olu Expresses Readiness For Lagos APC Direct Primary by sotall(m): 8:33am On Sep 30, 2018
Anything that will bring about the liberation of Lagos State from the stronghold of political godfathers should be welcomed by all.

Choosing the next leader of a state shouldnt be by selection based on personal interests and greed by those who feel they own the state.

This is democracy and not leadership by inheritance

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sanwo-olu Expresses Readiness For Lagos APC Direct Primary by Bantino(m): 8:33am On Sep 30, 2018
The annointed one grin
Re: Sanwo-olu Expresses Readiness For Lagos APC Direct Primary by Nobody: 8:34am On Sep 30, 2018
Bro even if u win. U cant be gov
Re: Sanwo-olu Expresses Readiness For Lagos APC Direct Primary by otunde527: 8:34am On Sep 30, 2018
Let him and ambode do the fighting

Pay your Chinese seller through us rmb rate #48
Re: Sanwo-olu Expresses Readiness For Lagos APC Direct Primary by Bobby4090: 8:34am On Sep 30, 2018
Am shocked that a sitting Governor with more than N25 billion internally generated revenue every single month cannot get or buy himself a renomination ticket after 4 years. What was he doing? Sleeping on duty?
With half of that amount I'll get myself a presidential ticket in PDP and upstage any God father. This is Nigeria for God sake.
He must have messed up so badly that people are ready to take his money and still vote him out. No wonder he's crying and begging from Bourdilon to Aso Rock. I just wish him luck cos i personally like him.

6 Likes

Re: Sanwo-olu Expresses Readiness For Lagos APC Direct Primary by marlecxy: 8:34am On Sep 30, 2018
Sanwo Olu shouldnot forget karma is Real

#optimist

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sanwo-olu Expresses Readiness For Lagos APC Direct Primary by bettercreature(m): 8:34am On Sep 30, 2018
BankeSmalls:
He is waiting for his pay check.He knows he is just part of the game to collect money from Ambode
Ambode will get second term ticket

1 Like

Re: Sanwo-olu Expresses Readiness For Lagos APC Direct Primary by Mikeparlo12(m): 8:34am On Sep 30, 2018
BankeSmalls:

I still don’t get how opolo eye will hold 20 million people to ransom

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Sanwo-olu Expresses Readiness For Lagos APC Direct Primary by excomarow(m): 8:35am On Sep 30, 2018
You've got Tinubu's Backing... Ambode is the Man

1 Like

Re: Sanwo-olu Expresses Readiness For Lagos APC Direct Primary by geloorrrrdd(m): 8:36am On Sep 30, 2018
I really don't care about the topic. What is surprising me is this;
In as much as we can all see how this country has worsened, there are still some people supporting Buhari and his shitty Gang. Like how do these guys sleep at night?

You know the country is now a laughing stock, but you still go ahead to support APC?

Well, I have some prayers for all those supporting Buhari.

They will treat your lives the way buhari is treating this country. They will deprive you of your achievement like APC did..And people tormenting you will not stop, till they have killed you.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Sanwo-olu Expresses Readiness For Lagos APC Direct Primary by Benekruku(m): 8:37am On Sep 30, 2018
Ambode is irredeemable

He is a goner

Decamp, and he is a goner politically
best bet is to stay with the party and see if a consolation comes his way

And now that he is already getting support from people from the other side, His loss is inevitable

7 Likes

Re: Sanwo-olu Expresses Readiness For Lagos APC Direct Primary by Nobody: 8:37am On Sep 30, 2018
abeg sawo whatsoever, make we hear word abeg
Re: Sanwo-olu Expresses Readiness For Lagos APC Direct Primary by IPassYahoo(m): 8:37am On Sep 30, 2018
Never outshine your master.... Ambode wanted to prove smart and they intend to cut his leg

2 Likes

Re: Sanwo-olu Expresses Readiness For Lagos APC Direct Primary by chiefolododo(m): 8:38am On Sep 30, 2018
Someone that is not destined to be the governor of Lagos State
Re: Sanwo-olu Expresses Readiness For Lagos APC Direct Primary by BUSHHUNTER: 8:38am On Sep 30, 2018
We reason and follow our leaders intelligently here in West!grin

Ambode go and rest!!!

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sanwo-olu Expresses Readiness For Lagos APC Direct Primary by Nobody: 8:38am On Sep 30, 2018
BankeSmalls:
I tell you. I dey fear his over confidence sef.

1 Like

Re: Sanwo-olu Expresses Readiness For Lagos APC Direct Primary by dollarsplenty(m): 8:40am On Sep 30, 2018
OK. That's how you talk when you are about to play PENALTY into an open goal post. With all the endorsements, he is over over ready

1 Like

Re: Sanwo-olu Expresses Readiness For Lagos APC Direct Primary by Benekruku(m): 8:41am On Sep 30, 2018
Mikeparlo12:

Keep wailing

Better return to your Land locked Erosion ridden region if you not comfortable with it

I forgot, Their is no city in the East

10 Likes

Re: Sanwo-olu Expresses Readiness For Lagos APC Direct Primary by Sleekfingers: 8:42am On Sep 30, 2018
BankeSmalls:

Must everything be tinubu this , tinubu that...throwing allegations here and there without no proof.

I don't seem to like his style of leadership in Lagos politics. But he is still their godfather. It is only a fool that won't abide. I mean under his political party.
Re: Sanwo-olu Expresses Readiness For Lagos APC Direct Primary by naijapips04: 8:44am On Sep 30, 2018
Ambode should just go. There are pothiles in every major road in lagos. Best he does is just to dig up roads and abandon them...causing untold hardship to lagosians.

If his first term is like this, how would his second term be?

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sanwo-olu Expresses Readiness For Lagos APC Direct Primary by Ategberoson(m): 8:53am On Sep 30, 2018
Mikeparlo12:

you should be bother about ekeweremadu that want turn Senate to his father's house? is there no sensible person to contest in his party again? despite acquiring properties abroad that his people can't benefit, he still want to run again

leave tinubu out of your cries

3 Likes

Re: Sanwo-olu Expresses Readiness For Lagos APC Direct Primary by ehemwhy(m): 8:54am On Sep 30, 2018
Ambode should just leave APC to their shenanigans ....they brought him from obscurity to high grounds..ikola ,command ,ipaja, abule egba,Alimosho as a whole will not forget him ....Cheif Bisi Akande said it years back :the problem with Nigerian politics is not the leaders but the followers ....fck Tinubu .... Lets see who PDP will present .....not voting APC

3 Likes

Re: Sanwo-olu Expresses Readiness For Lagos APC Direct Primary by Dee1murphy(m): 8:55am On Sep 30, 2018
BankeSmalls:

How has the south west zone elections affected your father....stay clear of my region and face your Biafra struggle.
stop using panadol on top someone else headache.

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Fatai Gbemisola- FATGBEM Owner Is Dead? / APC Postpones Inauguration Of Tinubu Campaign Council / CAN Members Against Muslim-muslim Ticket Make Tinubu’s List

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.