Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,012 members, 7,817,985 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:43 AM

Governor Ugwuanyi Emerge PDP Candidate In Enugu State - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Governor Ugwuanyi Emerge PDP Candidate In Enugu State (8419 Views)

Samuel Anyanwu, Douye Diri Emerge PDP Governorship Candidates For Imo, Bayelsa / 2023: Saraki, Lawan May Emerge PDP, APC Presidential Candidates / Saraki May Emerge PDP Kwara Central Senatorial Candidate – Shittu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Governor Ugwuanyi Emerge PDP Candidate In Enugu State by OEPHIUS(m): 8:58pm On Sep 30, 2018
Jubilation as Ugwuanyi emerges PDP Guber Candidate in Enugu

Governor Ifeanyi Ugwuanyi of Enugu State has been overwhelmingly elected as the candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) for the February 2019 governorship election in the state.

Governor Ugwuanyi, who was the sole aspirant in the colourful and hitch-free governorship primary election held at the popular Nnamdi Azikiwe Stadium, Enugu, emerged the party's candidate after polling 2,782 valid votes out of total votes cast of 2,859, by the delegates.

This is the first time in the history of the state an aspirant to the office of the Governor is contesting in the party primaries unopposed or as a sole aspirant.

The exercise, which started with accreditation of delegates at the Michael Okpara Square, Enugu, commenced at about 3pm, after 2, 864 accredited delegates were conveyed to the venue of the primary election in luxury buses.

Declaring the primary election, which was monitored by the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) open, the Chairman of the 5-man State Electoral Committee from National Secretariat of the Party, Senator Ambuno Zik, stated that the exercise will be conducted in accordance with the electoral act and party's guidelines and constitution.

Senator Zik, who noted that Gov. Ugwuanyi was the sole aspirant for the governorship primary election, added that delegates will have to vote accordingly, stressing: "Due process must be followed".

He commended Gov. Ugwuanyi for entrenching peace and good governance in Enugu State, and also appreciated the state leadership of the the party, INEC, security agencies and party's stakeholders for their contributions to the success of the exercise.

Introducing the sole governorship aspirant of the party to the delegates, the Deputy President of the Senate, Prof. Ike Ekweremadu, applauded Gov. Ugwuanyi for holding the forte for the party and state, disclosing that this was the first time in the past 21 years of his active participation in politics, that the PDP would be having a sole aspirant as well as a non-contentious governorship primary election.

According to him, "today we have not only a Governor who has performed very well, he has also entrenched peace in Enugu State".

Gov. Ugwuanyi while thanking the delegates for the overwhelming support and the unanimous mandate they gave him, expressed gratitude to God for the peace in Enugu State which has brought development and good governance.

The governor also appreciated the leadership of the Party at the National, State, Local Government and Ward levels for their support and solidarity.

He equally commended INEC, security agencies, the media and the good people of the state for the successful primaries, assuring them "it will end in praises in Jesus name."

Enugu State is truly in the hands of God! #amokelouis

3 Likes

Re: Governor Ugwuanyi Emerge PDP Candidate In Enugu State by Ifeanyi4491(m): 8:59pm On Sep 30, 2018
Like for PDP in Enugu

Share for APC in Enugu

46 Likes 1 Share

Re: Governor Ugwuanyi Emerge PDP Candidate In Enugu State by Nanorest: 9:14pm On Sep 30, 2018
Trash...... APC is taking over

3 Likes

Re: Governor Ugwuanyi Emerge PDP Candidate In Enugu State by bukjossy(m): 9:15pm On Sep 30, 2018
Relax till APC take over

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Governor Ugwuanyi Emerge PDP Candidate In Enugu State by SlimOfy(m): 9:16pm On Sep 30, 2018
Nanorest:
No think am oooo

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Governor Ugwuanyi Emerge PDP Candidate In Enugu State by Nobody: 9:17pm On Sep 30, 2018
As expected. Need an online campaign manager for the forthcoming elections? Get in touch with me. I'm well experienced and did a gig for a well-known party in the last elections.
Re: Governor Ugwuanyi Emerge PDP Candidate In Enugu State by sabenabeauty(f): 9:18pm On Sep 30, 2018
Re: Governor Ugwuanyi Emerge PDP Candidate In Enugu State by gideon1971(m): 9:18pm On Sep 30, 2018
Gburugburu,

APC HAS NO CHANCE

Nanorest:

U deserve 99 strokes from d ancestors

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Governor Ugwuanyi Emerge PDP Candidate In Enugu State by amaniro: 9:20pm On Sep 30, 2018
Nanorest:
In that your insipid dream

2 Likes

Re: Governor Ugwuanyi Emerge PDP Candidate In Enugu State by Macmoni(m): 9:23pm On Sep 30, 2018
H
Re: Governor Ugwuanyi Emerge PDP Candidate In Enugu State by NCANTaskForce: 9:23pm On Sep 30, 2018
shocked
Re: Governor Ugwuanyi Emerge PDP Candidate In Enugu State by kkeke: 9:30pm On Sep 30, 2018
YOU HAVE THE OPPORTUNITY TO LEARN :

# You'll be trained how to manage your website for FREE.
# You'll be thought on how to monetize and increase your website traffic for FREE.

CONTACT US FOR ANY KIND OF WEBSITE YOU WANT

Re: Governor Ugwuanyi Emerge PDP Candidate In Enugu State by Nobody: 9:33pm On Sep 30, 2018
I found a site where I read, share and comment on news at my spare time and in turn I get paid
You register one time with 1600 naira. And you set to go as long as it takes.
Just one time registration. Referral is not compulsory. Whether you refer or not you still get paid
All that is required of you is to login daily at your spare time, share sponsored post on your facebook timeline which earns you 102 naira, comment on news which earns you 2 naira per comment and your login which earns you 50 naira.

http:///exR2D
Re: Governor Ugwuanyi Emerge PDP Candidate In Enugu State by OEPHIUS(m): 9:37pm On Sep 30, 2018
Mynd44
Lalasticlala

More pics

Re: Governor Ugwuanyi Emerge PDP Candidate In Enugu State by NCANTaskForce: 9:38pm On Sep 30, 2018
Land Grabbing is his landmark achievement

What has Gburugburu done to deserve a 2nd tenure?

Just mention one @OP

1 Like

Re: Governor Ugwuanyi Emerge PDP Candidate In Enugu State by lawalosky(m): 9:40pm On Sep 30, 2018
NCANTaskForce:

Just mention one @OP
He is not a greedy man..
He pays as at when due.
Go to nsukka and see dual road plus gigantic underground drainage for easy rain water flow..
No strike threat from any agency in enugu
In fact and so and so and so....

3 Likes

Re: Governor Ugwuanyi Emerge PDP Candidate In Enugu State by SeriouslySense(m): 9:56pm On Sep 30, 2018
okay, i pray that Nigeria is delivered, and intelligent selfless people arise.
Re: Governor Ugwuanyi Emerge PDP Candidate In Enugu State by Baroba(m): 9:57pm On Sep 30, 2018
Four more years of docility and incompetence.. congrats
Re: Governor Ugwuanyi Emerge PDP Candidate In Enugu State by CaptBabosa: 10:21pm On Sep 30, 2018
Ugwanyi does not deserve a second term compared to chimaroke or Sullivan in their first term you will discover ugwuanyi is trash. He is busy nsukkanizing the work force. All major projects are sited at his home town Nsukka. Nothing major gas been done in enugu nor other parts of the state..He is just lucky because of Ekweremmadu.

2 Likes

Re: Governor Ugwuanyi Emerge PDP Candidate In Enugu State by NCANTaskForce: 10:31pm On Sep 30, 2018
lawalosky:

He is not a greedy man..
He pays as at when due.
Go to nsukka and see dual road plus gigantic underground drainage for easy rain water flow..
No strike threat from any agency in enugu
In fact and so and so and so....

He is not greedy BUT

Re: Governor Ugwuanyi Emerge PDP Candidate In Enugu State by gurujoe(m): 10:42pm On Sep 30, 2018
CaptBabosa:
Ugwanyi does not deserve a second term compared to chimaroke or Sullivan in their first term you will discover ugwuanyi is trash. He is busy nsukkanizing the work force. All major projects are sited at his home town Nsukka. Nothing major gas been done in enugu nor other parts of the state..He is just lucky because of Ekweremmadu.

What Ugwuanyi did in Enugu state is worthy of second term just that most of u do not know how to rate governance. There is a reason fr Mbaka has not openly critisezed Ugwuanyi. Try to get ur facts correct.

1. A governor who pays workers salary 28th of every month, allocation or no allocation.

2. A governor who maintains a low debt profile despite current economic crunch.

3. A governor that have ushered an unprecedented security never seen before in Enugu state.

4. A governor who have done many road projects which I witnessed with my own eyes.
a. Opi Nsukka road dualization awarded to RCC.
b. Nsukka township roads.
c. Nsukka Urban street light.
d. Ezimo road with two bridges
e. Orba- Obollo road with street lights
f. Ninth Mile bye pass.
g. Enugu Milki Hill road.
h. Aniri road
I. Ikem road with bridge
j. Opi to Orkaram express road.

These are projects I saw at Enugu part I visited and cannot list others elsewhere since I did not visit those areas. I leanrt these extend to other areas of the state.

Many of u erroneously rate state governance at projects executed at state capitals. U don't know that rural areas are part of the state. This is why you believ that Umahi is better than Ugwuanyi.

My brother, Ugwuanyi has done well anyday, anytime.
Copied

3 Likes

Re: Governor Ugwuanyi Emerge PDP Candidate In Enugu State by gurujoe(m): 10:44pm On Sep 30, 2018
NCANTaskForce:

Just mention one @OP
I do not know what you mean by land grabbing as I don't have any evidence on DAT. But u have to be sure of what you are saying.

And yes I am one of those critical of undo praises but it does not make me stupid with my critics.

What Ugwuanyi did in Enugu state is worthy of commendation just that most of u do not know how to rate governance. There is a reason fr Mbaka has not openly critisezed Ugwuanyi. Try to get ur facts correct.

1. A governor who pays workers salary 28th of every month, allocation or no allocation.

2. A governor who maintains a low debt profile despite current economic crunch.

3. A governor that have ushered an unprecedented security never seen before in Enugu state.

4. A governor who have done many road projects which I witnessed with my own eyes.
a. Opi Nsukka road dualization awarded to RCC.
b. Nsukka township roads.
c. Nsukka Urban street light.
d. Ezimo road with two bridges
e. Orba- Obollo road with street lights
f. Ninth Mile bye pass.
g. Enugu Milki Hill road.
h. Aniri road
I. Ikem road with bridge
j. Opi to Orkaram express road.

These are projects I saw at Enugu part I visited and cannot list others elsewhere since I did not visit those areas. I leanrt these extend to other areas of the state.

Many of u erroneously rate state governance at projects executed at state capitals. U don't know that rural areas are part of the state. This is why you believ that Umahi is better than Ugwuanyi.

My brother, Ugwuanyi has done well anyday, anytime.
Copied

(1) (2) (Reply)

Bandits Release 10 Kaduna Baptist School Students / Atiku, Saraki, Mohammed Greet Sultan Of Sokoto, Sa’ad Abubakar On 66th Birthday / Ohanaeze To Meet Tinubu Over Nnamdi Kanu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.