Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,196 members, 7,829,286 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 12:00 AM

Should NYSC Be Reformed Or Scraped? See Twitter Poll Result - NYSC (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / Should NYSC Be Reformed Or Scraped? See Twitter Poll Result (32046 Views)

NYSC To Be Reformed Into Revenue-Generating Agency – FG / Should Nysc Be Scrapped? / NYSC Should Be Scraped YES OR NO? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should NYSC Be Reformed Or Scraped? See Twitter Poll Result by Badonasty(m): 10:18am On Oct 01, 2018
HeWrites:
Dr Joe Abah ran a Twitter poll asking if NYSC should be reformed or scraped and Nigerians on twitter voted in favor of reform.

Dr Abah went on to say that most of the people advocating for the programme to be scraped are privileged, rich kids.

https://www.torimill.co/news/9977/should-nysc-be-reformed-or-scraped-see-twitter-poll-result.html

They should make it compulsory military service just like Israel,South Korea and some other countries
Re: Should NYSC Be Reformed Or Scraped? See Twitter Poll Result by akoko11: 10:22am On Oct 01, 2018
xtravanganza:
it should be reformed... the only place you'll see Nigerian youths united is in nysc.. NYSC made me value other tribes and culture and actually see Nigeria from a different angle
me too, service change my opinion about some regions of the country. secondly, it gave me the opportunity to meet people from different parts of the country. just imagine the oneness we had from platoon in camp to cds group, LGA, zone etc. I support reform 100℅

#NoRestructuringNoelection

1 Like

Re: Should NYSC Be Reformed Or Scraped? See Twitter Poll Result by akdjr(m): 10:23am On Oct 01, 2018
Government should not scrap it. The 21days orientation camp should be turned into skills acquisition program in different areas each members want to build his or her career then just pay them off instead of creating unemployment traffic.

1 Like

Re: Should NYSC Be Reformed Or Scraped? See Twitter Poll Result by alexvatt(m): 10:26am On Oct 01, 2018
It should be scrapped

1 Like

Re: Should NYSC Be Reformed Or Scraped? See Twitter Poll Result by Evangkatsoulis: 10:27am On Oct 01, 2018
Trunaijian:
NYSC is one of the greatest National schemes this country has ever produced. Because of the peculiarity of our nation with diverse ethnic and cultural backgrounds, this makes it imperative that youths are given the opportunity to learn and unlearn the tRuth’s about other tribes or people. It fosters unity, tolerance and harmony without which tribalistic sentiments will be the order of the day.

How many of the 300+ tribes are you going to meet in camp or while serving? And do each one of them really represent their tribe.
What happened to the nigeria peoples and culture you learn in your freshman year. Is it not enough to learn and unlearn the tRuths about other tribes and peoples?

1 Like

Re: Should NYSC Be Reformed Or Scraped? See Twitter Poll Result by bigtt76(f): 10:27am On Oct 01, 2018
The scheme would benefit more from being reformed than being scrapped. I grew up in the era when we all crave to see Fulani women selling 'fura' de 'nunu' ....locally made fermented cow milk, cheese and butter. We were never scared of rumored poisons or attacks by the herdsmen etc.

NYSC then was a period when we the youths travel from our comfort zone to live in a new town, mix and make friends. I served in Katsina State. Each day we go jogging, we had the streets lined up by the old and young people of the state hailing us. We were welcomed within their midst no issues whatsoever.

A reformed NYSC should allow the youths select where they would like to serve but not the same state as they schooled or hailed from. For example ....if I'm from Lagos State and Schooled in Oyo State, I can't serve in any of those states but I can select any other state to serve. Should also be ready to facilitate your place of primary assignment. No more NYSC assigning corp members to states or PPA without their (corp members') participation. Like Oga Sanwo said .....it should be participatory manifesto posting.

As for the issue of Davido gallivanting the world while on National Service ....be assured he would serve his punishment when the time comes. Its not for the NYSC HQ to single out a corp member on National Media ....its not done that way. Davido is not the only one going to be punished, there would be others too.

Again we shouldn't say because one egg goes bad, automatically the others should follow suit and go bad undecided

<Pls no insults> ....thank you!

jtjohn:
it should be scraped Jor.........The purpose of the scheme is defeated.

Three Reason it should be scraped

because of the rich: just take a look at Davido is he serving the country or touring around the world

because of the average: you can easily bribe ur way to be posted to a better place to serve.

Because of the poor: They are the one that suffer the whole thing, no money to bribe there way to be posted to a better place, so they are left at the mercy of been posted to the north east where Boko Haram or any other insurgent are.

It should be scrap and that money should be given to all prospectus Corp member to start a business instead of wasting one full year.

1 Like

Re: Should NYSC Be Reformed Or Scraped? See Twitter Poll Result by adewumiopeyemi(m): 10:27am On Oct 01, 2018
Even Nysc sef. Doesn't gurantee job in Nigeria. undecided
Re: Should NYSC Be Reformed Or Scraped? See Twitter Poll Result by emusbyz(m): 10:28am On Oct 01, 2018
So between the said rich and the poor, who had more access to twitter to vote?
Nysc should be scrapped joor. Nonsense waste of time. The said rich do not even partake of it. When they do, they just ghost, bribe their way through and post themselves.

1 Like

Re: Should NYSC Be Reformed Or Scraped? See Twitter Poll Result by adewumiopeyemi(m): 10:29am On Oct 01, 2018
Fake just look at the pics photoshop. Abeg carry your fake ticket comot from here.
Disaco0112:
No too much talk. win with us and celebrate big time!!
HAPPY INDEPENDENCE Y'ALL!!
Re: Should NYSC Be Reformed Or Scraped? See Twitter Poll Result by Evangkatsoulis: 10:30am On Oct 01, 2018
Badonasty:

They should make it compulsory military service just like Israel,South Korea and some other countries

Is nigeria a warring country like israel, southkorea?
Re: Should NYSC Be Reformed Or Scraped? See Twitter Poll Result by BruncleZuma: 10:31am On Oct 01, 2018
xtravanganza:
it should be reformed... the only place you'll see Nigerian youths united is in nysc.. NYSC made me value other tribes and culture and actually see Nigeria from a different angle

Actually, that's football.

2 Likes

Re: Should NYSC Be Reformed Or Scraped? See Twitter Poll Result by Badonasty(m): 10:31am On Oct 01, 2018
Evangkatsoulis:

Is nigeria a warring country like israel, southkorea?

The war in the north east and the constant threat from Cameroon
Re: Should NYSC Be Reformed Or Scraped? See Twitter Poll Result by fatymore(f): 10:33am On Oct 01, 2018
It shouldn't e scraped.. I really enjoyed my 3weeks in camp... Met wonderful and sweet people..
#ObubraCamp#
#2018BatchBStream11#
Re: Should NYSC Be Reformed Or Scraped? See Twitter Poll Result by Evangkatsoulis: 10:33am On Oct 01, 2018
Badonasty:

The war in the north east and the constant threat from Cameroon
not the same as Israel fighting surrounding countries or southkorea fighting north korea.
Re: Should NYSC Be Reformed Or Scraped? See Twitter Poll Result by DICKtator: 10:34am On Oct 01, 2018
xtravanganza:

NYSC or soccer?

grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Should NYSC Be Reformed Or Scraped? See Twitter Poll Result by chris31(m): 10:36am On Oct 01, 2018
I don't support it to be scrapped through Nysc i met people from other tribes & learnt many good things from them & we are still friends
Also the thing am doing today Nysc gave me the opportunity to meet the people that help to build me in it
Re: Should NYSC Be Reformed Or Scraped? See Twitter Poll Result by JaffyJoe(m): 10:39am On Oct 01, 2018
It's no longer an objective survey when the facilitator has already planted his perspective in the process.
Re: Should NYSC Be Reformed Or Scraped? See Twitter Poll Result by bluefilm: 10:43am On Oct 01, 2018
I vote for automatic, immediate and total scrapping of the rubbish programme.
Re: Should NYSC Be Reformed Or Scraped? See Twitter Poll Result by bejeria101(m): 10:43am On Oct 01, 2018
Reformed and new innovations added to spice it up.
Re: Should NYSC Be Reformed Or Scraped? See Twitter Poll Result by Princedapace(m): 10:45am On Oct 01, 2018
oodualover:
[s][/s]
Fuc.k NYSC! Unity is not by force. Nigerians are not united. Stop risking peoples lives because of one useless "one nigeria". If you think NYSC is good, then let people serve in their regions.
FUC.K NYSC!!!!
FUC.K NIGERIA!!!
Bleep UNITY!!!

Baba, I don't understand this country with her madness with unity. Unity up and down and yet na we hate our selves pass..

What has the so called unity done for us? Even countries where such doesn't exist, they are better united than us who carry fake unity for head..

My kids will never serve nigeria..

2 Likes

Re: Should NYSC Be Reformed Or Scraped? See Twitter Poll Result by Elendubenjamin: 10:46am On Oct 01, 2018
Scrap Senate not NYSC... The system should be reformed that's all.
Re: Should NYSC Be Reformed Or Scraped? See Twitter Poll Result by GILOSKY(m): 10:47am On Oct 01, 2018
cutefergiee:
Ok.. Anyhow mk dem do am
Na so, they even serve gan wetin come out of it
Re: Should NYSC Be Reformed Or Scraped? See Twitter Poll Result by pseudonomer: 10:47am On Oct 01, 2018
NYSC should be scraped! Or at least it should be a volunteering service for International students.

1 Like

Re: Should NYSC Be Reformed Or Scraped? See Twitter Poll Result by Princedapace(m): 10:49am On Oct 01, 2018
MollyBank:
Leave NYSC alone.

People get work experience through NYSC, people get jobs through NYCS, people earn money little or not through NYSC, people make valuable friends through NYSC and most importantly, life experience is gained through NYSC.

Leave it alone. Go scrape SENATE instead.

Baba, that Nysc is waste of time.. Life is not all about earning stupid money and making friends.. Nigeria as a country is not productive at all.

After graduation, we should look for ways to make people enroll into serious training programmers and order them financial support. The money spent to camp people for thee weeks where they mainly Bleep and Bleep away their lives, should be given to graduates who are meant to serve. Many will not use it well but few will use it that create more jobs..

1 Like

Re: Should NYSC Be Reformed Or Scraped? See Twitter Poll Result by ruggedtimi(m): 10:49am On Oct 01, 2018
i think they should increase salary, better condition in camp and well tailored uniforms
Re: Should NYSC Be Reformed Or Scraped? See Twitter Poll Result by stanluiz(m): 10:50am On Oct 01, 2018
F**k NYSC!!! I hate that scheme with passion!!
Unity is not by force
We don't like ourselves.
Stop forcing useless unity on us.

1 Like

Re: Should NYSC Be Reformed Or Scraped? See Twitter Poll Result by Debbielam(f): 10:50am On Oct 01, 2018
Wiseandtrue:
Scraped If you try that then the unity of this country is finally laid to rest, buried and gone!

What is of utmost cconcern now is bring those who have violated this law to justice first!

Talking about

Kemi Adeosun

Ajumobi Abiola

Adebayo Shittu

e.t.c

South West use to be knowledgeable about these things.

When you talk about education, they use to be the cynosure of all eyes

Why this decay

I am just surprise and disappointed!

Scrapped or reformed whichever way. I usually don't reply all of these talks because Nigerian youths only have confidence behind their phones and don't know how to fight for what they want I can assure you it will neither be scrapped or reformed anytime soon but what I disagree with you about is Kemi Ade osun she was employed from the UK where the United Nations wanted her too Nigeria was only stupid to not formally address her exempted they preferred to just fabricate a certificate a mistake on her side too for accepting but she was of too much value to be lost I'm telling you....People that can make positive impact in this country CAN and SHOULD be exempted from NYSC it should be a decision not an enforcement. ...I don't think anyone here has lost a family to this NYSC so it's easy for every to just spew whatever they want ..The billions of naira not remitted KEMI ADEOSUN was going to probe nnpc for has gone into the closet and no one is talking about it anymore....now the UN wants her back....that's why we have more NIGERIANS making impact on other people's country than in their's. .....and that's why you have a Nigerian employed as an Italian senator .... If NYSC is the supposed future of Nigerians unity then we're just as screwed as we are now.. my 2 cents

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should NYSC Be Reformed Or Scraped? See Twitter Poll Result by Jahwinaboy(m): 10:52am On Oct 01, 2018
[quote author=Alphasoar post=71681824][/quote]

How do we begin since some of us here take it for fun? We the youths need to pause and ponder and then apply our YOUTHFUL intelligence to think and make clever decisions even if we don't fully manifest in time for this election, before next election we are already a force. The reason why we are still like this is because we fail ourselves by shying away from things we need to do. Let's THINK, THINK,THINK and STRATEGIZE on how to move forward. Look at how creative, innovative and clever most of us are but still specialize in 1. Bring him down syndrome 2. Tribalism 3. If not me or us, no one else 4. APC or PDP 5. Lack of result oriented movements/plans 6. Caricatures, uninterested in national discourse etc.(No disrespect) For instance, NOT TOO YOUNG TO RUN BILL has recently been signed. That means we must be a force by next election. Our time is near.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

List Of Corp Members Killed In Bauchi As Released By Nysc / The Food Served At Adamawa NYSC Orientation Camp (Watery Beans) / Students Attack Corpers With Cutlass In Abia

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.