Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,456 members, 7,816,063 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:41 AM

Is It Possible To Fix This Damaged Car - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Is It Possible To Fix This Damaged Car (3254 Views)

Refer & Earn Uo To 100k We Buy Abandoned And Damaged Car / 6 Ways To Spot A Flood Damaged Car / Sell Your Accident Or Damaged Car (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It Possible To Fix This Damaged Car by youthofnaija: 6:23am On Oct 01, 2018
Good morning house. My car was involved in an accident. Please I would like to know how possible it is to fix this car and if the airbags can be replaced. Thank you
Re: Is It Possible To Fix This Damaged Car by emmie14: 6:29am On Oct 01, 2018
You hit electric pole while speeding? Drive safe next time.
Re: Is It Possible To Fix This Damaged Car by mayor2013: 6:37am On Oct 01, 2018
Where is kingreign . Food don come for you grin

2 Likes

Re: Is It Possible To Fix This Damaged Car by adanny01(m): 6:38am On Oct 01, 2018
youthofnaija:
Good morning house. My car was involved in an accident. Please I would like to know how possible it is to fix this car and if the airbags can be replaced. Thank you

This is very fixable. I have seen far worst.

However, you need a responsible and skilled panel beater else, you will have future problems.

1 Like

Re: Is It Possible To Fix This Damaged Car by kingreign(m): 6:45am On Oct 01, 2018
youthofnaija:
YES IT IS. i have been fixing crashed cars and i can assure you its fixable. where is your location?
Re: Is It Possible To Fix This Damaged Car by masterplan303(m): 7:13am On Oct 01, 2018
Of course yes,you will just need to buy some new parts like vender,bonnet,bumper,radiator etc.

1 Like

Re: Is It Possible To Fix This Damaged Car by youthofnaija: 7:37am On Oct 01, 2018
adanny01:

This is very fixable. I have seen far worst.

However, you need a responsible and skilled panel beater else, you will have future problems.
Thank you
Re: Is It Possible To Fix This Damaged Car by Alvin007: 7:45am On Oct 01, 2018
Tchai..Op, sorry for your loss..is this a Corolla? I hope the impact didn’t affect the engine? Coz I can see the air intake manifold bent to a side(1zz-fe engine). Everything can be fixed, regardless. But, it will cost you a few hundreds of thousands, if you want the best results. Cheers.

Re: Is It Possible To Fix This Damaged Car by youthofnaija: 7:45am On Oct 01, 2018
kingreign:
YES IT IS. i have been fixing crashed cars and i can assure you its fixable. where is your location?
Thanks. I'm in Benin
Re: Is It Possible To Fix This Damaged Car by OCTAVO: 10:59am On Oct 01, 2018
This can surely be fixed. Make sure you buy new bonnet, bumper, radiator, etc.
Re: Is It Possible To Fix This Damaged Car by Inception(m): 2:23pm On Oct 01, 2018
OCTAVO:
This can surely be fixed. Make sure you buy new bonnet, bumper, radiator, etc.

While this is true, my only concern here is the chassis rails that have deformed due to the impact(impact was severe)
Best thing top be done in such scenario is to position vehicle on a jig, replace the rail by drilling out the spot welds that lead all the way to the engine firewall/bulkhead., and replace with oem rail via spot welding while measurements will be done as per manufactures's collision repair manual( as if we dey yankee grin grin grin)

Acceptable way is to position vehicle on frame straightening jig/jack assembly and perform COLD straightening, as the rail is not too twisted (Material engineers will understand why), while measurements will be done as per manufactures's collision repair manual. this will obviously weaken the steel(high strength) as it would be a little bit compromised to accept another impact such as this.

Naija way is to use tape rule, cut and join with metal arc (stick) welding cheesy

Happy independence!

1 Like

Re: Is It Possible To Fix This Damaged Car by AutoElectNG: 3:25pm On Oct 01, 2018
Inception:

While this is true, my only concern here is the chassis rails that have deformed due to the impact(impact was severe)
Best thing top be done in such scenario is to position vehicle on a jig, replace the rail by drilling out the spot welds that lead all the way to the engine firewall/bulkhead., and replace with oem rail via spot welding while measurements will be done as per manufactures's collision repair manual( as if we dey yankee grin grin grin)

Acceptable way is to position vehicle on frame straightening jig/jack assembly and perform COLD straightening, as the rail is not too twisted (Material engineers will understand why), while measurements will be done as per manufactures's collision repair manual. this will obviously weaken the steel(high strength) as it would be a little bit compromised to accept another impact such as this.

Naija way is to use tape rule, cut and join with metal arc (stick) welding cheesy

Happy independence!

You know your onions...I wanted to speak then hesitated....you have said what I had to say albeit differently

You cannot effectively repair (to the same standards of structural integrity as opposed to aesthetics) an accident vehicle without consulting the manufacturer collision manual and the use of very expensive collision repair equipment that very few if any shops have in the country

1 Like

Re: Is It Possible To Fix This Damaged Car by sultaan(m): 2:56am On Oct 02, 2018
I see an opportunity to own a better car.
I personally won't fix that because of structural integrity
Re: Is It Possible To Fix This Damaged Car by youthofnaija: 2:09am On Oct 06, 2018
Thank you all for your responses. The panel beater is suggesting that I buy half of the front chassis rail (driver's side) and that he can weld it to the other half (undamaged passenger's chassis rail). I'm of the view that we get the complete front rail (driver and passenger's side) and weld at their respective ends instead of cutting and join. Please what do you think? Thanks

1 Like

Re: Is It Possible To Fix This Damaged Car by Inception(m): 6:27am On Oct 06, 2018
youthofnaija:
Thank you all for your responses. The panel beater is suggesting that I buy half of the front chassis rail (driver's side) and that he can weld it to the other half (undamaged passenger's chassis rail). I'm of the view that we get the complete front rail (driver and passenger's side) and weld at their respective ends instead of cutting and join. Please what do you think? Thanks

See what I mean grin

1 Like

Re: Is It Possible To Fix This Damaged Car by oweniwe(m): 8:04am On Oct 07, 2018
youthofnaija:
Thank you all for your responses. The panel beater is suggesting that I buy half of the front chassis rail (driver's side) and that he can weld it to the other half (undamaged passenger's chassis rail)

If the car is not balanced when driving after all the work, you will pay more to change the rails again or will be driving the car with your heart in the mouth.

He wants to continue sucking your money after doing a job that is against safety standards. When the car is rattling at moderate speed, you'll will take it back to him again

Your mechanic is wicked person angry

1 Like

Re: Is It Possible To Fix This Damaged Car by Goors1n: 9:21am On May 04, 2020
After a wreck, the last thing you need to worry about is returning your car to working order. That's why I want to confidently recommend collision repair because they make the process quick and easy. It takes precision and expertise to repair collision damage properly. Because an accident can damage the car’s structure as well as its appearance, any mistakes can make the car unsafe. Their technicians take detailed measurements to make sure the car is returned to the manufacturer’s specifications, the tolerances for which can sometimes be as narrow as a fraction of an inch.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

How Much To Clear A Honda Civic 2008 Model Coming From London / Why Don't We See Front Wheel V8 Cars With Transversely Mounted Engines? / Grills2Grills Nigeria's ultimate automobile & bike show to open this weekend.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.