Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,892 members, 7,844,867 topics. Date: Thursday, 30 May 2024 at 09:07 AM

East-west Road Repair: Uchendu Lauds Setraco For Prompt Response - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / East-west Road Repair: Uchendu Lauds Setraco For Prompt Response (349 Views)

Julius Berger, Setraco, Others To Manage 12 Highways / Kaduna Abduction: President Buhari Commends Military For Their Prompt Response / Revolution Now: NANS Slams Sowore, Others; Commends DSS For Prompt Action (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

East-west Road Repair: Uchendu Lauds Setraco For Prompt Response by Nobody: 1:17pm On Oct 01, 2018
The senator representing Rivers East Senatorial District in the National Assembly, Senator Andrew Uchendu, has commended the contractor in charge of the reconstruction of East-West road, Setraco Nigeria Limited, for carrying out remedial work on the C4I security checkpoint section of the road in Rivers State.

Uchendu, Acting Chairman, Senate Committee on Public Procurement, in a statement issued in Port Harcourt on Monday, stated that he was impressed with the prompt attention that the road received from Setraco following his intervention.

He said: "I commend Setraco for responding most promptly to my call for the repair of the collapsed areas of the East-West road, particularly the C4I section at the Emohua/Choba axis in Rivers State.

"I am impressed because the section of the road was fixed within the stipulated time that I agreed with the relevant authorities, and my people can now move freely on the road without the usual frustration associated with extreme traffic congestion.

"The East-West express road is one of the most important road link in Nigeria, traversing 90 percent of the oil producing areas in the Niger Delta region. What I do not understand is why agencies of government responsible for this road cannot as a matter of routine engage in regular maintenance.

"Must we shout and cry before any problem on this all-important road is attended to? I therefore call on the Federal Government to ensure that the reconstruction of the road is completed on time, so that the full benefits of the road will be achieved.

"I will equally liaise with the Niger Delta Development Commission (NDDC), to see what supportive role they can play to ensure that our people do not continue to suffer untold hardship arising from a minor failure on any part of the road."

The federal lawmaker added that he would continue to provide purposeful and effective representation to his constituents, stressing that they deserve the best in terms of representation.

Solomon Okocha
Media Aide to Senator Andrew Uchendu
Rivers East Senatorial District

October 1, 2018

(1) (Reply)

JUST IN: Ambode’s Deputy Abandons Him For Sanwo-olu / Caption This Photo Of APC And PDP Wrestlers / Read Aggregated Premium Times News Headlines Daily

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.