Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,209 members, 7,811,568 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 02:46 PM

Senator Ben Murray Bruce Withdraws From Senatorial Race - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Senator Ben Murray Bruce Withdraws From Senatorial Race (44122 Views)

Francis Alimikhena Dumps APC, Withdraws From Senatorial Race / Why Akpabio Withdrew From Senatorial Rerun - PDP / Akpabio Withdraws From Senatorial Rerun (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Senator Ben Murray Bruce Withdraws From Senatorial Race by moibayelsa: 8:13pm On Oct 01, 2018
Letter of withdrawal from the Bayelsa East Senatorial Race

I thank God and the good people of Brass, Bayelsa East Senatorial District who offered me the golden opportunity four years ago to represent them and the state in the Senate, Nigeria’s highest lawmaking chamber.

It is without doubt that I have tried to discharge my duties as a legislator and representative of my people creditably to the best of my ability so far.

My voice has been very loud on the issues that matter to our people and our country at all time.

My support to our party, my people and state government is unquestionable. I am humbled that the national leadership of my party supported by the State chapter in appreciation of my efforts offered to support my reelection to the senate to continue my service.

I have also intensified consultations in the last couple of week in the course of which I have come to realize an existing local rotational arrangement of over 20 years beginning with the late Great Chief Melford Okilo, by which arrangement the Senatorial seat rotates per local government area among the three councils for four years in the Senatorial District.

Even with the support of my party at the National and state levels with the full backing of my state government and leadership, as a man of honour interested in the well being of my people, I hereby announce my withdrawal from the Senatorial race.

I do not want whatever reason to appear to have used my privileged
position and influence to do anything that other than the well-being and the stability and the good of the people.

I am in all of these for the people, not for my self.

Once again, I thank the former President, Dr. Goodluck Ebelo Jonathan, the National Chairman, Prince Uche Secondus, my colleagues in the Senate and Governor of Bayelsa State, the Honourable Henry Seriake Dickson for their support and encouragement.

I also thank the leadership of my Senatorial District and state, for for being there for me.

I thank Specially the people of my constituency for their trust and confidence in me to serve and represent them in the Senate.
By trusting me with this mandate, I have come to know them and our people even better, an experience I will never forget for the rest of my life.

I am indeed grateful to My darling wife, my children, other members of my family for their support and prayers. I appreciate the efforts of my hardworking campaign staff for their support and dedication.

Again, I thank the leadership of the party for their continuing support. I also assured the party of my availability and readiness to serve at any capacity when the opportunity comes.

Best Regards

Senator Ben Murray Bruce

176 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Senator Ben Murray Bruce Withdraws From Senatorial Race by cooldipo(m): 8:15pm On Oct 01, 2018
The race got tougher..... Maybe he couldn't cope with the ridiculous demand anymore

Or he doesn't wanna lost himself in politics....just there for the experience

65 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Senator Ben Murray Bruce Withdraws From Senatorial Race by CROWNWEALTH019(m): 8:15pm On Oct 01, 2018
grin All he needs to do is to relax till 2019 when we enter we knack am ministerial post grin

God bless PDP

230 Likes 14 Shares

Re: Senator Ben Murray Bruce Withdraws From Senatorial Race by CROWNWEALTH019(m): 8:15pm On Oct 01, 2018
cooldipo:
The race got tougher..... Maybe he couldn't cope with the ridiculous demand anymore
They do rotation policy in his constituency, don't talk if you don't know anything

348 Likes 15 Shares

Re: Senator Ben Murray Bruce Withdraws From Senatorial Race by BiafranBushBoy: 8:16pm On Oct 01, 2018
Asshole...

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Senator Ben Murray Bruce Withdraws From Senatorial Race by Omeokachie: 8:17pm On Oct 01, 2018
Man of honour.

Very rear to see a Nigerian politician do this.

364 Likes 18 Shares

Re: Senator Ben Murray Bruce Withdraws From Senatorial Race by baliyubla: 8:17pm On Oct 01, 2018
A wise man sure knows when to quit, unlike the Lifeless one.

268 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Senator Ben Murray Bruce Withdraws From Senatorial Race by globemoney: 8:26pm On Oct 01, 2018
Maybe he has been promised governorship. Nothing goes for nothing in Nigeria politics

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Senator Ben Murray Bruce Withdraws From Senatorial Race by excel101(m): 8:27pm On Oct 01, 2018
cooldipo:

You should rather see him as a man of integrity. He might have had the intention of going for a term after which he steps down for others to contest.

102 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Senator Ben Murray Bruce Withdraws From Senatorial Race by afroniger: 8:29pm On Oct 01, 2018
His constituents had earlier told him they won't support his reelection so this isn't surprising.

https://www.naija.ng/1162828-2019-constituents-reject-ben-bruces-election-entertainment-business.html

21 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Senator Ben Murray Bruce Withdraws From Senatorial Race by Gossiplover: 8:30pm On Oct 01, 2018
lalasticlala come and see oo
Re: Senator Ben Murray Bruce Withdraws From Senatorial Race by Konisewu: 8:30pm On Oct 01, 2018
And The twitter senator bowed out..

#konisewu

6 Likes

Re: Senator Ben Murray Bruce Withdraws From Senatorial Race by FarahAideed: 8:31pm On Oct 01, 2018
Can Buhari do this

16 Likes

Re: Senator Ben Murray Bruce Withdraws From Senatorial Race by Basic123: 8:32pm On Oct 01, 2018
CROWNWEALTH019:
grin All he needs to do is to relax till 2019 when we enter we knack am ministerial post grin

God bless PDP
so this one is actually PDP grin

I now know where his problem with TINUBU comes from grin

24 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Senator Ben Murray Bruce Withdraws From Senatorial Race by nzeobi(m): 8:40pm On Oct 01, 2018
that's what it should be, respect the tradition that was there before you, now that's a man of honour.

shebi buhari promised to do one tenure some time ago.

51 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Senator Ben Murray Bruce Withdraws From Senatorial Race by Kwamecron(m): 8:42pm On Oct 01, 2018
angry cheesy
Re: Senator Ben Murray Bruce Withdraws From Senatorial Race by maestroferdi: 9:03pm On Oct 01, 2018
Highly commendable.

He might be taking a shot at the governorship...

1 Like

Re: Senator Ben Murray Bruce Withdraws From Senatorial Race by Ndonu101: 9:26pm On Oct 01, 2018
Foreign Minister or Petroleum Minister in the next PDP Government

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Senator Ben Murray Bruce Withdraws From Senatorial Race by Nemesis001: 9:37pm On Oct 01, 2018
cooldipo:

Read you won't read. olodo rabata

43 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Senator Ben Murray Bruce Withdraws From Senatorial Race by cosmatika(m): 10:16pm On Oct 01, 2018
For whatever reason he decided to quit, he has proved himself an honourable man. The person representing my constituency in the federal house, Nkeiruka Onyejiocha, has gone for 3 tenures now, having benefitted from the rotation system. Now she doesn't want another person to go. Having seen that PDP will not give her the ticket again because of her marginalization, she jumped into APC. Na thunder go fire all of them cry

70 Likes 1 Share

Re: Senator Ben Murray Bruce Withdraws From Senatorial Race by GentleMoney: 10:16pm On Oct 01, 2018
Re: Senator Ben Murray Bruce Withdraws From Senatorial Race by LUGBE: 10:17pm On Oct 01, 2018
That is good, keeping to agreement

6 Likes

Re: Senator Ben Murray Bruce Withdraws From Senatorial Race by zamanii: 10:17pm On Oct 01, 2018
The chicken has come home to roost. His people do not see his 'common sense'

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Senator Ben Murray Bruce Withdraws From Senatorial Race by tunjijones(m): 10:17pm On Oct 01, 2018
Re: Senator Ben Murray Bruce Withdraws From Senatorial Race by Gaddafiyusf(m): 10:18pm On Oct 01, 2018
Omeokachie:
Man of honour.

Very rear to see a Nigerian politician do this.

Who be man of honour. Smokescreen

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Senator Ben Murray Bruce Withdraws From Senatorial Race by Almaiga: 10:18pm On Oct 01, 2018
The only Senator that represents, Twitter Senatorial District. grin

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Senator Ben Murray Bruce Withdraws From Senatorial Race by Nobody: 10:18pm On Oct 01, 2018
How can i post video on nairaland.. not youtube oo from my phone

2 Likes

Re: Senator Ben Murray Bruce Withdraws From Senatorial Race by unite4real: 10:18pm On Oct 01, 2018
cooldipo:

Please read first

4 Likes

Re: Senator Ben Murray Bruce Withdraws From Senatorial Race by lastempero: 10:19pm On Oct 01, 2018
This guy just go waste four years for his senatorial district.

12 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Controversy Over Governor Yahaya Bello’s Coronavirus Status / Dino Melaye At NNPC Petrol Station Lokoja (Photos) / Nnamdi Kanu: Do Your Worst, God Will Do His Best – Mbaka Tells FG

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.