Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,546 members, 7,816,326 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:35 AM

REVEALED: Reason Ben Murray Bruce Is Not Returning To The Senate In 2019 - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / REVEALED: Reason Ben Murray Bruce Is Not Returning To The Senate In 2019 (2543 Views)

Fein Bruce Is A Merchant Of Violence By Seun Ogundele / Evelyn Murray-Bruce Is Dead! Cancer Kills Ben Murray Bruce's Wife / Top Five Senators Who Are Not Returning To The Red Chamber(pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

REVEALED: Reason Ben Murray Bruce Is Not Returning To The Senate In 2019 by Prinq: 4:19am On Oct 02, 2018

Bruce attributed his withdrawal from the race to the need to allow someone else from the constituency fly the banner of the PDP in 2019.

So, the “Common Sense” Senator, Ben Murray Bruce, won’t be returning to the red chambers come 2019.

This became public knowledge on Monday after he announced his withdrawal from the race to seek a second term as the senator representing Bayelsa East in the 2019 election.

According to Cable, Bruce made this known in a letter he wrote to the People’s Democratic Party (PDP) on Monday, the eve of the senatorial primary election of PDP in the state.

Bruce attributed his withdrawal from the race to the need to allow someone else from the constituency fly the banner of the PDP in 2019.

But the media mogul turned politician, became a butt of snide remarks on the street of Twitter, where is also so popular.

Some of his followers on the platform taunted him and said he had been rejected by his people.

A follower, Kayode Ogundamosi tweeted: “@benmurraybruce abandoned his ambition to represent the Bayelsa East Senatorial District following WIDESPREAD REJECTION of his candidacy by the stakeholders of the district. Them no see Ben Bruce HARD-WORK and COMMON SENSE FOR @Twitter?”

Another Twitter user, Daddy D O tweeted: “Ben Bruce can now return to Silverbird and concentrate all his energy on repaying the N11 billion debt his company owes to AMCON and the Nigerian people.”

Yet another user, Adeola Mary Slessor said: “How to avoid public humiliation 101. Breaking, Mr @benmurraybruce applied common sense for the first time.”

But another Twitter user, who has an insider knowledge of the matter, Tabai Biboye, chided those criticizing the common-sense senator, saying it didn’t make sense to criticize him if he had resigned since people always lamented that politicians always refuse to step aside.

He said: “@benmurraybruce is trending on here as he has withdrawn from the Bayelsa East Senatorial race. To my greatest surprise, people have been condemning him. Most of you all are upset when a politician refuses to resign his post when being probed.”

See Tweets:- http://www.lekkigists.com.ng/2018/10/revealed-real-reason-ben-murray-bruce.html

Mynd44 OAM4J

Re: REVEALED: Reason Ben Murray Bruce Is Not Returning To The Senate In 2019 by BoboKush(m): 5:08am On Oct 02, 2018
Re: REVEALED: Reason Ben Murray Bruce Is Not Returning To The Senate In 2019 by Nobody: 5:20am On Oct 02, 2018
I just read that he was criticized on the streets of twitter...

So twitter now has streets? Hope the name is Nwodo
street.

People will be forming nonsense construction
Re: REVEALED: Reason Ben Murray Bruce Is Not Returning To The Senate In 2019 by RevenGeMission: 5:29am On Oct 02, 2018
He wont be missed

Not even by his constituency

Once criticized about Allocation , he went silent for 5 months

1 Like 1 Share

Re: REVEALED: Reason Ben Murray Bruce Is Not Returning To The Senate In 2019 by Rushmore(f): 6:11am On Oct 02, 2018
Dude's only viable achievement was him shouting 'common sense' upandan.
When he was questioned for his constituency's allocation, uncle's common sense eluded him.

1 Like

Re: REVEALED: Reason Ben Murray Bruce Is Not Returning To The Senate In 2019 by ybalogs(m): 6:18am On Oct 02, 2018
He actually just applied common sense for the first time. Good one Bruceboy.
Re: REVEALED: Reason Ben Murray Bruce Is Not Returning To The Senate In 2019 by ybalogs(m): 6:22am On Oct 02, 2018
Life is unpredictable.

The people who might seem irrelevant and small to us today
might turn out mightier and greater than us tomorrow because our control over life is limited. Be humble and be wise*.
Re: REVEALED: Reason Ben Murray Bruce Is Not Returning To The Senate In 2019 by thesolutions(m): 6:27am On Oct 02, 2018
Good
Re: REVEALED: Reason Ben Murray Bruce Is Not Returning To The Senate In 2019 by SarakiBukola: 7:13am On Oct 02, 2018
Twitter Bruce Lee with zero electoral value grin

Was busy assigning Bukola instead of taking care of business at home
Re: REVEALED: Reason Ben Murray Bruce Is Not Returning To The Senate In 2019 by Nobody: 8:35am On Oct 02, 2018
A true leader never clings on to a position more than is necessary, rather he sets an example and allows other people to lead. That is what Ben Bruce has been able to achieve, same thing the great Nelson Mandela taught South Africa. But over here, we celebrate politicians who share the same ideology with Robert Mugabe.

Everyone knows Ben Bruce has always been 10x richer than most of the thieves claiming to represent their senatorial district while representing their pockets, but they'll keep talking him down because he stands for truth and not an APC member.

He doesn't need to spend a lifetime like the Lagos senators e.g. Yayi, Ganiu Solomon, Gbenga Ashafa, Remi Tinubu etc. just to keep living large.

So what if he borrowed money for business? Which businessman doesn't borrow? I blame widespread illiteracy for all those talking about his past ordeal with AMCON, chickens will never understand how eagles soar.

I applaud Ben Bruce and may God Almighty bless his future endeavours.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: REVEALED: Reason Ben Murray Bruce Is Not Returning To The Senate In 2019 by FarahAideed: 8:42am On Oct 02, 2018
Nigeria is not ripe for this leadership , in Nigeria no matter how good your intentions are if you don't hand out raw cash in alms giving style to the electorate they will claim you are a failure, of you like build the space ships and tram cars but once you don't dip hand into pocket and share raw cash they will hate you ..
Re: REVEALED: Reason Ben Murray Bruce Is Not Returning To The Senate In 2019 by munazafar(m): 9:26am On Oct 02, 2018
Abeg make Una use Una common sense
Re: REVEALED: Reason Ben Murray Bruce Is Not Returning To The Senate In 2019 by kiwu: 10:06am On Oct 02, 2018
THIS IS THE TESTIMONY OF 19- YEAR OLD SIMI - WHO RECENTLY GRADUATED AS A PHOTOGRAPHER, DIGITAL MEDIA MARKETER & GRAPHICS DESIGNER AT THE ICT HUB!

‘My practical journey into Photography started when i attended the FREE ICT Photography July this year and after the impressive one day free training taken by PMS Photgraphy, i enrolled for the full course (my dad and i were initially skeptical about the practical intensity of the training that he had to even followed me to the venue ascertain its authenticity!

Within ONE MONTH, i was not only train fully in Professional Basic Photography; i was also fully trained in GRAPHICS DESIGN as well as DIGITAL MEDIA MARKETING

With deft professionalism, i take incredible photography shots, capture photography moments as well edit amazing photos with Lightroom studios as well as with Photoshop on my laptop.

Currently internship under the tutelage of PMS Photography, my Passion for photography is being truly unleashed coupled with creative skills as a digital media marketer and multimedia designer -

I will even be there for the FREE TRAINING....SEE YOU THERE!’

This free Intensive photographer Training program provides you a beginner-friendly introduction to photographer and if you want to learn photographer from scratch, this free course is for you!

DATE: 5TH of October, 2018
VENUE: IKEJA, LAGOS
TIME: 10am Prompt
COST & REGISTRATION: Absolutely Free (Check Link To Register Now!)
REQUIREMENTS: Just Come With Your Laptop/Tablet/Writing Materials/Camera
ADD-ON: Free Unlimited Internet Wi-Fi Access To First 20 Participants

NOTE: DON’T COME FOR THIS TRAINING EMPTY HANDED. COME WITH YOUR CAMERA – WE WILL BE TAKING PRACTICAL SHOTS. COME WITH YOUR LAPTOP, WE WILL BE WORKING WITH LIGHTROOM AND PHOTOSHOP TO EDIT PICTURES TAKEN AT THE TRAINING. AND ITS ABSOLUTELY FREE!

(1) (Reply)

Mega PDP Rally In Owerri (pictures) / Who Has Atiku Campaign Rally In Abia State Today? / Baba Ijebu Unite His Son, Adebutu With Ogun State Elected Governor, Dapo Abiodun

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.