Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,230 members, 7,811,641 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 04:26 PM

APC Postpones Lagos Governorship Primary To 'Fresh Time And Date' - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / APC Postpones Lagos Governorship Primary To 'Fresh Time And Date' (73801 Views)

Banky W Lost Eti-Osa PDP Primary To Sam Aiboni, Got 7 Votes / 2023 PDP Presidential Primary To Hold In May / Tinubu Releases Lagos Governorship Primary Statement After Ambode's Brickbats (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

APC Postpones Lagos Governorship Primary To 'Fresh Time And Date' by PaChukwudi44(m): 5:18pm On Oct 02, 2018
The National Working Committee (NWC) of the All Progressives Congress (APC) has declared as "illegal" any governorship primary election that took place in Lagos State on Tuesday.

Clement Ebiri, Chairman of the Primary Election Committee, said a "fresh time and date for the election will be announced later".

According to Ebiri, the committee had just got the list of the party agents of the one of aspirants in the race barely an hour ago.

He added that all materials meant for the election are still in their custody hence election could not have held.

http://saharareporters.com/2018/10/02/breaking-apc-postpones-lagos-governorship-primary-fresh-time-and-date

grin grin grin grin grin

14 Likes 4 Shares

Re: APC Postpones Lagos Governorship Primary To 'Fresh Time And Date' by peter1994(m): 5:19pm On Oct 02, 2018
If the NWC didn't sanction the primaries that took place, then this is an act of desperation from Tinubu and his cohorts (State EXCO). Either way, APC will not remain the same in Lagos after this fiasco.

I trust Lagos electorate, they are enlightened :p

194 Likes 11 Shares

Re: APC Postpones Lagos Governorship Primary To 'Fresh Time And Date' by Episteme2(m): 5:20pm On Oct 02, 2018
Presidency Vs Godfatherism. Who will carry the day between the two devils?
The former does not want the latter to prevail in order to put the latter in his place if the former wins in 2019.

I want to see how some people will wail when the former pulls an 'Osun rerun' on the latter. The body language of APC NWC and Presidency is not appealing to the cabals in Lagos. The first and necessary step to weakening Tinubu's grip of Lagos is ensuring Ambode wins this primary.

229 Likes 14 Shares

Re: APC Postpones Lagos Governorship Primary To 'Fresh Time And Date' by Livebygrace: 5:21pm On Oct 02, 2018
This is becoming unbecoming of Lagos State.

56 Likes 4 Shares

Re: APC Postpones Lagos Governorship Primary To 'Fresh Time And Date' by uwa1(m): 5:21pm On Oct 02, 2018
This election is no longer about Ambode's political career, it has become a supremacy battle between the 'powers that be'. Each side is viewing this as an opportunity to set the record of supremacy straight.... Considering the powers that both side wields, it will be difficult to tell how it will play out but one thing is certain, this little complicated conflict is just a beginning to a major battle..

80 Likes 2 Shares

Re: APC Postpones Lagos Governorship Primary To 'Fresh Time And Date' by SimplePlan34: 5:21pm On Oct 02, 2018
So when is d election now, it seems tinubu is about to be shown regional and national politics are 2 diff things.

126 Likes 1 Share

Re: APC Postpones Lagos Governorship Primary To 'Fresh Time And Date' by ModsareChevres: 5:22pm On Oct 02, 2018
Good one.

Tinubu slaves cum lunatics can go and die... grin

Tinubu is politically finished.

Where is TonyeBarcanista?

If Ambode is not winning, then there is no election... grin

Hahahahahahaha

145 Likes 10 Shares

Re: APC Postpones Lagos Governorship Primary To 'Fresh Time And Date' by donphilopus: 5:22pm On Oct 02, 2018
With what we saw today, if the primary is conducted ten times, Ambode would be defeated twenty times. It's not about Tinubu but Lagos APC as a whole. How can Muiz Banire, Fashola, Hamzat and the Oga kpata kpata of them all, Tinubu be against one person in Lagos and you expect such person to win?

203 Likes 21 Shares

Re: APC Postpones Lagos Governorship Primary To 'Fresh Time And Date' by CROWNWEALTH019(m): 5:24pm On Oct 02, 2018
Secret ballot is all we need.... If them wan win declare am inconclusive

21 Likes

Re: APC Postpones Lagos Governorship Primary To 'Fresh Time And Date' by NOETHNICITY(m): 5:24pm On Oct 02, 2018
The landslide defeat Ambo suffered today is already enough signal he stands no chance in the race however the Apc NWC chooses to conduct the primaries and whenever.

If I were the governor I'd simply withdraw at this stage
The fact that he has obstinately remained in the race coupled with the disastrous press conference, is already enough proof that he is surrounded by terrible advisers.

45 Likes 5 Shares

Re: APC Postpones Lagos Governorship Primary To 'Fresh Time And Date' by Becoted001(m): 5:24pm On Oct 02, 2018
I think Ambode might win the next primary election by buying vote from party members

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: APC Postpones Lagos Governorship Primary To 'Fresh Time And Date' by meolaniyi(m): 5:24pm On Oct 02, 2018
TINUBU IS ABOUT TO BE UNDRESSED

66 Likes 4 Shares

Re: APC Postpones Lagos Governorship Primary To 'Fresh Time And Date' by CROWNWEALTH019(m): 5:24pm On Oct 02, 2018
donphilopus:
Lol
APC later cleared Francis for Edo north, them they mad ni. The guy no do anything for Weppa

3 Likes

Re: APC Postpones Lagos Governorship Primary To 'Fresh Time And Date' by cosmatika(m): 5:25pm On Oct 02, 2018
Operation Tinubu must be stripped naked cheesy

27 Likes

Re: APC Postpones Lagos Governorship Primary To 'Fresh Time And Date' by CROWNWEALTH019(m): 5:25pm On Oct 02, 2018
NOETHNICITY:
The landslide defeat Ambo suffered today is already enough signal he stands no chance in the race however the Apc NWC chooses to conduct the primaries.

I were the governor I'd simply step down at this stage
Wait for result to come, no go do like osun people way PDP they win but INEC declare another result

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: APC Postpones Lagos Governorship Primary To 'Fresh Time And Date' by inoki247: 5:25pm On Oct 02, 2018
Ambode needs to step down if your party don't want you anymore give up. is not a most you spend 8years is not a kingship. is not your birth right to rule for 8years so people gave up the post for you to reach there is time you also do the same.

19 Likes 5 Shares

Re: APC Postpones Lagos Governorship Primary To 'Fresh Time And Date' by slimpoppa(m): 5:25pm On Oct 02, 2018
Ha! Kilode?

1 Like

Re: APC Postpones Lagos Governorship Primary To 'Fresh Time And Date' by Lorenzop: 5:25pm On Oct 02, 2018
useless people....i pity idi.ots that are supporting these morons
Re: APC Postpones Lagos Governorship Primary To 'Fresh Time And Date' by gaby(m): 5:25pm On Oct 02, 2018
Time for more talks and negotiations. Ambode might score a Federal appointment to placate him for this daylight arm-twisting and oppression. It is becoming evident that Tinubu won't be bulging.

Those controlling the centre have always known his antecedents and that's why they've always guarded and shielded him into the periphery at the Federal level.

They are very well aware that if given the chance and opportunity, he'd want to replicate his Lagos-like control at the center too.

The North ain't stupid my brother. They've always had one corner eye on him but with this, they are zooming both eyes on him now and will ensure they whittle his Federal relevance further down and leave him to control his Lagos or SW.

It's all politicking though, he'd be scheming unend while they'd be continuously working out a counter.

Interesting game and times ahead...

If not that Osinbanjo is a gentleman I'd have loved to see Tinubu's face when Buhari decides on Ambode for his running mate, na so God take dey surprise people.

Well...let's keep watching how this all goes..

If na me be BuBu I have my joker...Ambode for vice...Tinubu go humble...if e do anyhow e collect anyhow..this one no be Jonathan..

48 Likes 3 Shares

Re: APC Postpones Lagos Governorship Primary To 'Fresh Time And Date' by Arysexy(m): 5:26pm On Oct 02, 2018
Shamelessly headless APC urchins voting with their belly. Thieefnubuu tell them to put hand for fire they will

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: APC Postpones Lagos Governorship Primary To 'Fresh Time And Date' by chronique(m): 5:26pm On Oct 02, 2018
Lol. This is getting interesting. Tinubu should smell the coffee and realize what the life after 2019 election would be like. Let's see who laughs last as regards the current situation in Lagos but to be honest, I'm loving this drama.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: APC Postpones Lagos Governorship Primary To 'Fresh Time And Date' by Naijaguy12345(m): 5:26pm On Oct 02, 2018
Ambode is going no matter what.

1 Like

Re: APC Postpones Lagos Governorship Primary To 'Fresh Time And Date' by muba4huss(m): 5:26pm On Oct 02, 2018
seriously?... sometimes u have peoples support while your opponent have the power. I see the power working...

3 Likes

Re: APC Postpones Lagos Governorship Primary To 'Fresh Time And Date' by fergie001: 5:26pm On Oct 02, 2018
POWER pass POWER....

4 Likes

Re: APC Postpones Lagos Governorship Primary To 'Fresh Time And Date' by excomarow(m): 5:26pm On Oct 02, 2018
This Ekolistic primary erection ehn... grin
Re: APC Postpones Lagos Governorship Primary To 'Fresh Time And Date' by IsaAbubakar: 5:26pm On Oct 02, 2018
cheesy
Ambode seems to have federal might behind him
and it's like aso rock want to use Ambode to checkmate Tinubu cheesy

lol this is a glimpse of what will happen to Tinubu by aso rock should apc retain power next year

cilicmarin this is politics
it can never be straightforward cheesy

48 Likes

Re: APC Postpones Lagos Governorship Primary To 'Fresh Time And Date' by Olukat(m): 5:26pm On Oct 02, 2018
grin grin grin So ordinary APC primaries is inconclusive too?
Tinubu got to be very careful with what's going on shocked shocked
I believe there are "UNSEEN" power brokers working to wrestle Lagos out of his control.
Ambode survives another political abattoirs grin grin grin grin
"Those who can't endure the pain of rigging should not play politics" isn't mine grin grin grin na Oshio the rigger.

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: APC Postpones Lagos Governorship Primary To 'Fresh Time And Date' by AdorableJosh(m): 5:26pm On Oct 02, 2018
The drama thickens...
Re: APC Postpones Lagos Governorship Primary To 'Fresh Time And Date' by cooldipo(m): 5:26pm On Oct 02, 2018
I like this
Re: APC Postpones Lagos Governorship Primary To 'Fresh Time And Date' by KwoiZabo(m): 5:26pm On Oct 02, 2018
I said it Months back that Tinubu taking ACN to the National level will hurt rather than help his political Influence. By the time AMBO is declared winner, I will remind all those that were happy with Osun's rigging Oshiomole's words "those who cannot accept the pain of rigging have no business contesting elections grin grin grin" ~me dancing askamaya~

38 Likes 2 Shares

Re: APC Postpones Lagos Governorship Primary To 'Fresh Time And Date' by Shortyy(f): 5:26pm On Oct 02, 2018
All these power drunk grandfathers won't just go and rest. SMH

7 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Nigerian Army Denies Involvement In Shooting Of EndSARS Protesters / Throwback Photo Of Kashim Shettima And His Wife Nana In The Late 90s / Inappropriately Dressed SARS Officer Leaves Nigerians Dissappointed (Picture)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.