Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,362 members, 7,864,685 topics. Date: Wednesday, 19 June 2024 at 12:52 AM

Can Ambode Win The Next Governorship Election Without APC? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Can Ambode Win The Next Governorship Election Without APC? (1303 Views)

Wike: PDP Can’t Win Presidential Election Without Me / Oyo Indigenes Demand Next Governorship Slot For Lagos State / Buhari Can Fund Election Without National Assembly Approval - PACAC Chairman (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can Ambode Win The Next Governorship Election Without APC? by ItuExchange(m): 4:39am On Oct 03, 2018
“No matter how diplomatic we were, it never worked. At the end of the day, there’s always someone who’s disappointed.” - Michael Ovitz
It’s not new for a governor to lose second term elections against opponents, but it’s very rare (in Nigeria) for a sitting governor not to be endorsed for second term by his own party.

Governor Akinwunmi Ambode has performed well, and the common masses will not hesitate to vote for him… But there are those who put their personal interests above that of Lagos State as a whole.

The die is cast, and that is final. Ambode cannot run on APC platform , and he’s started good jobs he needs to finish. Now:

1. Can he simply run as an independent candidate, just as it happens in the US? Does the Nigerian constitution allow that?

2. Can’t he decamp to PDD immediately and refuse the pressure to resign until next elections? Would PDP welcome him, and use him to defeat APC in Lagos State?

3. Could this be the beginning of APC downfall in Lagos State?

Perfect Money/Payeer/Epay/Neteller/Skrill: ItuGlobal
Re: Can Ambode Win The Next Governorship Election Without APC? by cooldipo(m): 4:42am On Oct 03, 2018
I doubt it!

Most Lagosian are not active politically, and the few active ones are political bandwagons. They appear so sophisticated yet so easily tossed around by a connected few All those big men and boys for Ikoyi, Lekki, VI, Surulere, Gbagada and Co are part of the 200 million mumu Lagbaja was singing about cool

4 Likes

Re: Can Ambode Win The Next Governorship Election Without APC? by PassingShot(m): 4:46am On Oct 03, 2018
1. No place for independent candidacy in Nigeria’s constitution .

2. He can decamp to PDP or any other party of his choice but I doubt that will help him at all. The reasons why I say this are many: i) he will likely be impeached if he decamps; ii) he doesn’t have political structures of his own to decamp with, which means no important members of APC will go with him. Also expect his decamping to cause further division in an already divided PDP in Lagos.

3. APC in Lagos, with what we have seen in this primary, has proved to remain a very united political family. If Ambode’s second term has not divided the leaders and members of the party, the party surely remains formidable.

3 Likes

Re: Can Ambode Win The Next Governorship Election Without APC? by gaby(m): 4:53am On Oct 03, 2018
I doubt he'd make any meaningful headway even on a different party's platform. The gang-up against him is out of this world. The best he can do is start releasing tracks on the sleaze he had witnessed and how Lagos is being rammed on a daily without gel or condom.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can Ambode Win The Next Governorship Election Without APC? by KanwuliaExtra: 4:53am On Oct 03, 2018
Not even with APC kpa kpa!
Amala and Ewedu don fight inside belle! cheesy

Ambode is now a an APC WAILER! cheesy

You know what happens to APC WAILERS huhn? wink

This is an APC BABY about to be disgraced from Lagos State tradition of 2 term-governorship.
Agbaje head wan CATCH am! cheesy
Re: Can Ambode Win The Next Governorship Election Without APC? by tammie24: 4:55am On Oct 03, 2018
He will be fought tooth and nail
Re: Can Ambode Win The Next Governorship Election Without APC? by tammie24: 4:57am On Oct 03, 2018
cooldipo:
I doubt it!

Most Lagosian are not active politically, and the few active ones are political bandwagons. They appear so sophisticated yet so easily tossed around by a connected few All those Ikoyi, Lekki, VI, Surulere, Gbagada and Co are part of the 200 million mumu Lagbaja was singing about cool
I agree

If not Ambode was the best governor right before Tinubu decided he wasn't
Re: Can Ambode Win The Next Governorship Election Without APC? by deomelo: 5:01am On Oct 03, 2018
tammie24:
I agree

If not Ambode was the best governor right before Tinubu decided he wasn't

See bitterness

Why are Igbos so pained over Tinubu.?

Tinubu no pay your school fees ni?

grin grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can Ambode Win The Next Governorship Election Without APC? by AntiWailer: 5:09am On Oct 03, 2018
He cnt.

33 house of assembly members are against him.

If he switches party today, he will be impeached and won’t even be qualified to contest election again.

I doubt if he is a good leader. If not EVERYBODY will not abandon him .
Re: Can Ambode Win The Next Governorship Election Without APC? by tammie24: 5:09am On Oct 03, 2018
deomelo:

See bitterness

grin grin
joke's on you

I no be 'ipod'

2 Likes

Re: Can Ambode Win The Next Governorship Election Without APC? by toideve(m): 5:11am On Oct 03, 2018
deomelo:

Why are you people celebrating godfatherism? Get sense nau

See bitterness

grin grin
Re: Can Ambode Win The Next Governorship Election Without APC? by adioolayi(m): 5:32am On Oct 03, 2018
Decamping will be a political suicide..As at today, ni political party can defeat APC from what we saw yesterday. The party is one family and very formidable. He should embrace this development wholeheartedly, I know it is difficult...he should stay put with APC, he can even go as far as congratulating his opponent. Use the remaining months to try and complete all reform projects he is undergoing, reconcile with party members in Lagos and work for the success of the party.
Luck can smile on him and he will get higher political appointment after his tenure.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can Ambode Win The Next Governorship Election Without APC? by naijapips04: 6:17am On Oct 03, 2018
PDP should not accept ambode. Hes a liability.
Re: Can Ambode Win The Next Governorship Election Without APC? by fmc1(m): 6:35am On Oct 03, 2018
He should just remain in APC, he is perceived to be loved by APC @ federal level, if buhai wins 2019 presidential election (God forbids), he might be considered for appointment.

1 Like

Re: Can Ambode Win The Next Governorship Election Without APC? by tetralogyfallot(m): 7:52am On Oct 03, 2018
PassingShot:

2. He can decamp to PDP or any other party of his choice but I doubt that will help him at all. The reasons why I say this are many: i) he will likely be impeached if he decamps; ii) he doesn’t have political structures of his own to decamp with, which means no important members of APC will go with him. Also expect his decamping to cause further division in an already divided PDP in Lagos.

3. APC in Lagos, with what we have seen in this primary, has proved to remain a very united political family. If Ambode’s second term has not divided the leaders and members of the party, the party surely remains formidable.
you are a political mathematician
Re: Can Ambode Win The Next Governorship Election Without APC? by ModsareChevres: 8:22am On Oct 03, 2018
What is this one saying?

So who is the APC candidate?
Re: Can Ambode Win The Next Governorship Election Without APC? by gurunlocker: 8:26am On Oct 03, 2018
The greatest mistake PDP will make is accepting Ambode, it won't help him.

They should just field Jimi and see what happens. Who knows if the BAT jinx will be broken next year.
Re: Can Ambode Win The Next Governorship Election Without APC? by ituglobal(m): 8:58pm On Oct 04, 2018
PassingShot:

We really appreciate all these intelligent answers.
Re: Can Ambode Win The Next Governorship Election Without APC? by nazicartel(m): 9:12pm On Oct 04, 2018
Ambode no get balls nah,,, he's just a mere civil servant, he has done his part.. I like his loyalty though

(1) (Reply)

Identify Five People From This Picture And Win One Billion Naira - Pics / Buhari Advises Atiku: Be Cautious Of Those Who Scammed Jonathan / Vice President Osibanjo Of Apc Leading Peter Obi Of Pdp And Others In Debate

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.