Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,807 members, 7,831,632 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 11:06 PM

LG V0 Thinq Announced With 5 Cameras. Specs, Photos And Price. - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / LG V0 Thinq Announced With 5 Cameras. Specs, Photos And Price. (17228 Views)

TECNO Spark 5 Launched With 5 Cameras And 6 LED Flashes; It Costs Just N49,000 / Samsung Galaxy A9 | A Samsung Smartphone With 5 Cameras / Hit Or Miss ? Nokia 9 Rear Image Leaks With 5 Cameras. (PHOTOS) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: LG V0 Thinq Announced With 5 Cameras. Specs, Photos And Price. by MartinsD12(m): 8:00am On Oct 04, 2018
TechCapon:
TechCapon

All about camera

South Korean smartphone giant has unleashed the biggest gun in it’s arsenal, the LG V40 ThinQ to fight Samsung Galaxy S9 PLUS. The LG V40 ThinQ is the latest addition to the LG V Series and the successor to the V35 flagship.

Usually LG phones always play second fiddle to Samsung and iPhones but that is expected to change with the release of this smartphone with all it’s mouth watering specs. One feature stands out to me, it’s got 5 cameras. Three at the back, two at the front.

LG V40 display and design

The LG V40 ThinQ is a premium device, with a glass back and a metal frame and the company is trying to grab customers attention away from Samsung Galaxy S9+ by selling it cheaper than the Samsung considering the fact that it has all the best features you can ever get in a smartphone.

The LG V40 ThinQ sports a 6.4-inch, 19.5:9 aspect ratio display with 3120×1440 resolution. This display offers 536 pixels per inch, and is also HDR10 capable.

LG V40 processor and storage

Fueling this device is one of the most powerful processor in the land, the Qualcomm Snapdragon 845 chipset, with the Adreno 630 GPU as well. This should give heavy gamers enough processing speed and power. There is also 6GB of RAM and 64GB of storage here. LG has also kept the micro SD card slot in case the 64GB is not enough for you.

LG V40 Camera

This is where it gets weird. The LG V40 ThinQ carries FIVE CAMERAS on both sides, two at the front, three at the back. The backside of the LG V40 ThinQ sports three cameras. The first is 16-megapixels with a f/1.9 aperture and 107-degrees field-of-view. The main sensor is a 12-megapixel sensor with a f/1.5 aperture and 1.4um in size, while the third sensor is a telephoto sensor and is also 12-megapixels with a f/2.4 aperture.

The front of the LG V40 ThinQ sports two cameras now, with a wide-angle 5-megapixel sensor that has a f/2.2 aperture and 90-degrees field-of-view. The main sensor on the front is a 8-megapixel sensor with a f/1.9 aperture and 80-degrees field-of-view. The phone can record video in 4K resolution.

The LG V40 ThinQ battery and software

Powering this beast of a smartphone is a 3300mAh capacity battery, which is capable of Quick Charge 3.0, and Qi Wireless Charging. I know it’s not the big battery we all hope for but it’s still okay. At least it’s got a Quick Charge technology to help you out. The LG V40 ThinQ does ship with Android 8.1 Oreo and the latest version of LG’s skin.

LG V40 features, colors and price.

Not forgetting it has a fingerprint sensor at the back, the LG 40 ThinQ comes with four different colors this time around. There’s a Black, Blue, Red and Gray colors. In the US, only black and blue colors will be available while other markets will get all four. The price will range between $900 and $1,000 full retail price and there’s a rumor that those who order as soon as it comes out will get a free SanDisk 256GB Micro SD Card with Adapter.

SOURCE:https://techcapon.com/lg-v0-thinq-announced-with-5-cameras-specs-photos-and-price/

Nothing special about this phone, tecno, infinix, gionne, Huawei can beat this hands down
Re: LG V0 Thinq Announced With 5 Cameras. Specs, Photos And Price. by Nobody: 8:06am On Oct 04, 2018
Telvin7:
nor mek me vex...............chai..... Foolish note 5
argue with ur mb tongue
Re: LG V0 Thinq Announced With 5 Cameras. Specs, Photos And Price. by TechCapon(m): 8:07am On Oct 04, 2018
MartinsD12:

Nothing special about this phone, tecno, infinix, gionne, Huawei can beat this hands down
it has 5 cameras grin
Re: LG V0 Thinq Announced With 5 Cameras. Specs, Photos And Price. by zabuur: 8:08am On Oct 04, 2018
I've told myself that I won't worry about all these new things again.

Nokia 8 and Samsung note 8 should still be en vogue till 2020 abeg.
Re: LG V0 Thinq Announced With 5 Cameras. Specs, Photos And Price. by Mizk(f): 8:13am On Oct 04, 2018
salford1:

Basically zoom in without distortion or loss in image quality i.e optical zoom.
The cameras are useless then, i have seen single cameras with this features.
Re: LG V0 Thinq Announced With 5 Cameras. Specs, Photos And Price. by einsteino(m): 8:17am On Oct 04, 2018
salford1:
BullShyte. This phone is not coming to Canada after I waited and was expectant for 2months following leaks and rumours. They can shove their product where the sun don't shine.

Still stuck with this LG fuckers though, addicted to wide angle camera lens and quad dac, so i would now have to settle for G7 One via my network provider. I can't stand Samsung or Apple.

Baba I catch you here, good to see we fancy the same type of phones. I am currently using the V20 and G5, I planned on coming with the V20. But with this announcement I am thinking of selling both to buy the V40.

Can't I order the V40 from EBay U.S and use it in Canada?
Re: LG V0 Thinq Announced With 5 Cameras. Specs, Photos And Price. by MartinsD12(m): 8:18am On Oct 04, 2018
TechCapon:
it has 5 cameras grin
Na camera we go chop abeg all this craze for phone should stop, see the poor battery, camon x beats the phone hands down, the price of that phone pass the new iPhone and the body is plastic five cameras even made it look very childish
Re: LG V0 Thinq Announced With 5 Cameras. Specs, Photos And Price. by salford1: 8:24am On Oct 04, 2018
einsteino:

Baba I catch you here, good to see we fancy the same type of phones. I am currently using the V20 and G5, I planned on coming with the V20. But with this announcement I am thinking of selling both to buy the V40.

Can't I order the V40 from EBay U.S and use it in Canada?
Haha you find me reach here. Correct, greatminds think alike. It's LG for me or nothing.

You can order on Amazon US (ebay is rubbish nowadays). Only problem with buying outside Canada is that you won't be covered by the 2 years US warranty that comes with the phone except you are willing to take the risk and send it back to the states if something goes wrong with it. A friend bought an S9 plus from Nigeria a month ago. He has no warranty in Canada but he is okay with it. He said it was cheaper off contract in Nigeria than Canada.
Re: LG V0 Thinq Announced With 5 Cameras. Specs, Photos And Price. by TechCapon(m): 8:27am On Oct 04, 2018
MartinsD12:

Na camera we go chop abeg all this craze for phone should stop, see the poor battery, camon x beats the phone hands down, the price of that phone pass the new iPhone and the body is plastic five cameras even made it look very childish
lol Abeg don't compare even the latest TECNO phantom to this phone. In terms of camera, this phone is a beast. Can CAMON record video in 4K resolution ?
Re: LG V0 Thinq Announced With 5 Cameras. Specs, Photos And Price. by Ennyholar: 8:31am On Oct 04, 2018
Phone that won't survive the market because of high price. grin let me stick with my Camon X Pro for now.
Re: LG V0 Thinq Announced With 5 Cameras. Specs, Photos And Price. by MartinsD12(m): 8:36am On Oct 04, 2018
TechCapon:
lol Abeg don't compare even the latest TECNO phantom to this phone. In terms of camera, this phone is a beast. Can CAMON record video in 4K resolution ?
All those things na marketing strategies nothing big about that and yes camon x or even phantom can shoot even decent nollywood film 1hour 30mins x 4 in a day can that phone do it with that small battery and remember the 4k video where is the space self to record self, record highest 30mins memory Don full, all am saying is I don't see anything special in all these new phones
Re: LG V0 Thinq Announced With 5 Cameras. Specs, Photos And Price. by aragon4realz(m): 8:44am On Oct 04, 2018
krattoss:
We should all be thankful to infinix tecno and xiaomi for dishing us replicas of these high end overpriced phones at affordable rate.

the note 5 stylus can do almost the things and functions this self acclaimed beast can do.. cool
but can never last as long as the do...my brother infinix phones expires after 2years of use but I have been rocking my Sony Xperia for like forever,after 7years the phone is still like a new one after moving round the whole family members hands and pocket

1 Like

Re: LG V0 Thinq Announced With 5 Cameras. Specs, Photos And Price. by Samson1851(m): 8:44am On Oct 04, 2018
Re: LG V0 Thinq Announced With 5 Cameras. Specs, Photos And Price. by symbianDON(m): 8:50am On Oct 04, 2018
Rubiesangel:
Thank God for brands like TECNO and the likes, I can enjoy amazing camera without emptying my account

Re: LG V0 Thinq Announced With 5 Cameras. Specs, Photos And Price. by Nobody: 8:56am On Oct 04, 2018
aragon4realz:

but can never last as long as the do...my brother infinix phones expires after 2years of use but I have been rocking my Sony Xperia for like forever,after 7years the phone is still like a new one after moving round the whole family members hands and pocket
thats a blatant lie bro.. I used infinix hot 4 for a year,dashed it to my sister who used it for approximately 2 years before it got stolen.
It depends on how careful u use ur phone bro..
Am now rocking my note 5 stylus and I do carry it like egg everyday..

Mind u am a heavy user
Re: LG V0 Thinq Announced With 5 Cameras. Specs, Photos And Price. by Nobody: 9:01am On Oct 04, 2018
iheartellah:
Watched a review on mkbhd not too long ago. The cameras are dope!!!
Let me see which of my body parts I can sell so that I can get this phone grin
compare the camera with Google pixel 2

1 Like

Re: LG V0 Thinq Announced With 5 Cameras. Specs, Photos And Price. by Rajosh(m): 9:10am On Oct 04, 2018
iheartellah:
Watched a review on mkbhd not too long ago. The cameras are dope!!!
Let me see which of my body parts I can sell so that I can get this phone grin
You can sell your two eyes bro.

1 Like

Re: LG V0 Thinq Announced With 5 Cameras. Specs, Photos And Price. by temmytee2309: 9:59am On Oct 04, 2018
5 cameras... Its ok
But am ok with d 3 cameras my p32 carries
Re: LG V0 Thinq Announced With 5 Cameras. Specs, Photos And Price. by jaxxy(m): 10:16am On Oct 04, 2018
Who will buy an lg fone for that ridiculous price. Lmao
Re: LG V0 Thinq Announced With 5 Cameras. Specs, Photos And Price. by Psoulsport(m): 10:23am On Oct 04, 2018
Ennyholar:
Phone that won't survive the market because of high price. grin let me stick with my Camon X Pro foro now.

Yea...I think the price is on the high side...please do you know how much is camon x pro now?
Re: LG V0 Thinq Announced With 5 Cameras. Specs, Photos And Price. by ponti93(m): 10:41am On Oct 04, 2018
Why not make the phone 128gb storage, battery 3500mah at least... The phone specs nice all d same
Re: LG V0 Thinq Announced With 5 Cameras. Specs, Photos And Price. by Behankey(m): 11:02am On Oct 04, 2018
Psoulsport:

Yea...I think the price is on the high side...please do you know how much is camon x pro now?
should be around 75k
Re: LG V0 Thinq Announced With 5 Cameras. Specs, Photos And Price. by Culin(f): 11:13am On Oct 04, 2018
What's the use of the 5 cameras? Someone please explain... Meanwhile I love the RAM and ROM size but the battery is discouraging, hehe it's not like I can afford it any way.
Re: LG V0 Thinq Announced With 5 Cameras. Specs, Photos And Price. by Telvin7(m): 2:25pm On Oct 04, 2018
MartinsD12:

nawa tecno don affect some people brain......... DON'T U EVER COMPARE LG TO THAT THING U CALL A FONE....TEKNO!!!!!!!!!!!
we know the Canoe x pro is good phone.....fyn ...fyn.....
But comparing it , am sure u smoke weed.......

Realme 2 pro, Xiaomi note 5 pro, Motorola one power, azus max pro m1.., even the new honor 8x..... Is better than the trash u call..........( Ohh I hate that name......) Tecno

1 Like

Re: LG V0 Thinq Announced With 5 Cameras. Specs, Photos And Price. by Telvin7(m): 2:28pm On Oct 04, 2018
temmytee2309:
5 cameras... Its ok
But am ok with d 3 cameras my p32 carries
if Dem dey call fone nor mention that thing.....
Re: LG V0 Thinq Announced With 5 Cameras. Specs, Photos And Price. by salford1: 2:29pm On Oct 04, 2018
jaxxy:
Who will buy an lg fone for that ridiculous price. Lmao
Maybe not in Nigeria.

People buy these phones with ridiculous price on contracts in developed countries. The network provider buys them in bulk and sell out retail or give for free to subscribers. The network providers are their major buyer.

LG is most likely the 3rd best selling phone in the world after Apple and Samsung. The world here usually does not include a lot of African countries except maybe South Africa and some North African countries.

If this phone had come to Canada, i would probably buy at at maybe $200 on contract from my network provider. Then pay $15 per month for 24months. Total price i would have paid after 24months would equals: $560. At least that is what my network provider is expecting customers to pay initially for the s9 plus, a similar spec device. Other low specs phone or older would be given out for free, and i would end up paying just $360 for a G7 or S8.
Re: LG V0 Thinq Announced With 5 Cameras. Specs, Photos And Price. by MartinsD12(m): 4:00pm On Oct 04, 2018
Telvin7:
nawa tecno don affect some people brain......... DON'T U EVER COMPARE LG TO THAT THING U CALL A FONE....TEKNO!!!!!!!!!!!

Realme 2 pro, Xiaomi note 5 pro, Motorola one power, azus max pro m1.., even the new honor 8x..... Is better than the trash u call..........( Ohh I hate that name......) Tecno
Is like you smoke ijebu garri, I never compared them, all I said is whatever that LG will give you, tecno, infinix and gionne can comfortably offer that, nothing special about the phone, bros no de insult me for saying my mind na my opinion be that and I get right to speak my mind

1 Like

Re: LG V0 Thinq Announced With 5 Cameras. Specs, Photos And Price. by Goldyyy: 5:30pm On Oct 04, 2018
Mtcheeew.. What I'm i using 5 cameras for mbok.?... When there's tecno camon x pro, so affordable with lovely camera
Re: LG V0 Thinq Announced With 5 Cameras. Specs, Photos And Price. by iheartellah(m): 5:35pm On Oct 04, 2018
CHESTER48:
compare the camera with Google pixel 2
i know the pixels' camera is great, I have heard a lot about it! But the price tag is discouraging sad
Re: LG V0 Thinq Announced With 5 Cameras. Specs, Photos And Price. by Nobody: 8:56pm On Oct 04, 2018
Telvin7:

don't mind them here jare they are just ignorant set of ppl (illiterate)
Re: LG V0 Thinq Announced With 5 Cameras. Specs, Photos And Price. by bravesoul247(m): 5:44pm On Oct 06, 2018
This is lit.. But definitely not a budget device like TECNO devices
Re: LG V0 Thinq Announced With 5 Cameras. Specs, Photos And Price. by bravesoul247(m): 5:55pm On Oct 06, 2018
salford1:

Maybe not in Nigeria.

People buy these phones with ridiculous price on contracts in developed countries. The network provider buys them in bulk and sell out retail or give for free to subscribers. The network providers are their major buyer.

LG is most likely the 3rd best selling phone in the world after Apple and Samsung. The world here usually does not include a lot of African countries except maybe South Africa and some North African countries.

If this phone had come to Canada, i would probably buy at at maybe $200 on contract from my network provider. Then pay $15 per month for 24months. Total price i would have paid after 24months would equals: $560. At least that is what my network provider is expecting customers to pay initially for the s9 plus, a similar spec device. Other low specs phone or older would be given out for free, and i would end up paying just $360 for a G7 or S8.
it's not just oo... $360 will get you major flagships in Nigeria. Speaking of Canada, how's Canada today?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

My Bitter Experience With A Phone Buyer In Enugu / Pls What Is The Meaning Of Airtel KYC / GLO Increases Their Internet Data Bundle Allowance

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.