Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,601 members, 7,812,961 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 11:57 PM

Confusion Over Winner Of PDP Primary In Saraki’s Senatorial District - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Confusion Over Winner Of PDP Primary In Saraki’s Senatorial District (24972 Views)

JUST IN: Saraki, Dogara, Others Defection Unlawful, Says Court / Buhari Floors Atiku In Saraki, Kwara Governor’s Local Govts - Premium Times / Kwara APC Governorship Candidate Banner Surfaces In Saraki's Family House (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Confusion Over Winner Of PDP Primary In Saraki’s Senatorial District by yns4real: 11:26am On Oct 05, 2018
The national assembly primary election of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) held on Wednesday in many states but was moved to Thursday in Kwara.

The reason for the postponement was not given and the venue of the exercise in the three senatorial districts was not known to many journalists and party members.

But by Thursday evening, reports emerged that Abdulfatai Ahmed, governor of the state, who had earlier declared his senatorial bid, had emerged consensus candidate of Kwara south senatorial district.

Rafiu Ibrahim, senator currently representing the district, was said to have lost out in the race after delegates unanimously adopted the governor.

In Kwara north, two house of reps member are battling for the ticket of the ruling party; they are Zakari Mohammed and Aliyu Pategi but many were kept in the dark over the contestants in Kwara central where Senate President Bukola Saraki is from.

Top PDP chieftains in the senatorial district kept their lips sealed when told to comment on those seeking to replace Saraki, a presidential aspirant of the PDP.

Tunde Ashaolu, spokesman of the party in Kwara, said he had no information about the senatorial aspirants in Kwara central. However, he made it clear that someone had picked up the PDP nomination and expression of interest forms for the senatorial district.

He refused to disclose the identity of the individual.

Commenting on the primary, a PDP member from the senatorial district told TheCable: “You won’t believe that as a delegate, I don’t know those contesting for the ticket of Kwara central. I was only told one person collected the form, who that person is I don’t know, our leaders said he is anonymous.”

On Thursday, Ashaolu said the primaries had been concluded and winners had emerged.

“We have done all our primaries but I can’t give you that information you requested for. The only thing is that all our senatorial primaries have been completed but I can’t give you their names,” he told TheCable.

But a source told TheCable that Saraki obtained the form as a soft landing in the event that things do no go as planned at the presidential primary.

“The senate president picked the form as well as that of presidential. I can tell you that he is more interested in retaining his seat at the senate than being the head of this country,” the source said.

“If he had not obtained the form, a man like David Mark would have had a higher stake than him as to the leadership of the 9th senate. So, he knows what he is doing.

“Let me tell you the PDP ticket in Kwara central was given to a retired permanent secretary in Kwara state. His name is Abdulrahman Babatunde Sidiq. He will hand over the ticket to the senate president when he is ready.”

PDP has up till Monday to present its candidate in Kwara central senatorial district as the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) has set October 7 as deadline for political parties to submit names of their candidates.

Yusuph Olaniyonu, spokesman of the senate president, did not respond to inquiries by TheCable.

If Saraki succeeds in returning to the senate, he will be the only one to do so of the three Kwara senators in the 8th assembly.

While Ibrahim lost the ticket to Ahmed, Sha’aba Lafiagi, Kwara north, contested and lost the governorship primary election of the party.

https://www.thecable.ng/confusion-over-winner-of-pdp-primary-in-sarakis-senatorial-district/amp?p=293437&__twitter_impression=true

Re: Confusion Over Winner Of PDP Primary In Saraki’s Senatorial District by Mosesoly(m): 11:36am On Oct 05, 2018
Saraki is just being clever here, he knows he may not get the PDP presidential ticket, if he is sure he wouldn't have reserved the senatorial ticket for him self.
What they do is that, they get the senatorial ticket for their trusted friend, who will come out and step down, if their principal doesn't get the presidential ticket, Samething Tambuwal has done in sokoto.

PDP presidential primary will be interesting, just get your pop corn ready and watch the fall out that may likely ensue, who ever doesn't win will think it was rigged to favour one aspirant, let us see how they manage the egos of those men, those MOU they are signing will count for nothing.

10 Likes

Re: Confusion Over Winner Of PDP Primary In Saraki’s Senatorial District by muykem: 11:40am On Oct 05, 2018
Commenting on the primary, a PDP member from the senatorial district told TheCable: “You won’t believe that as a delegate, I don’t know those contesting for the ticket of Kwara central. I was only told one person collected the form, who that person is I don’t know, our leaders said he is anonymous.”

PDP can never change. Democracy is alien to them. see above.

41 Likes

Re: Confusion Over Winner Of PDP Primary In Saraki’s Senatorial District by modath(f): 11:44am On Oct 05, 2018
Saraki knows the only "president" that can be attached to his name is the SP position, he's only running for street cred & bargaining chip to retain his present post if PDP manages to clinch the majority... He knows PDP has no chance till 2023!! Period.

***Presidential aspirant has a nice ring to it***...

27 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Confusion Over Winner Of PDP Primary In Saraki’s Senatorial District by id911(m): 11:45am On Oct 05, 2018
Why are these idiots so much interested in Kwara issues? There are a lot of evil going on in other states but you guys are quiet about it but you keep talking about Kwara this, Kwara that.. why?

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Confusion Over Winner Of PDP Primary In Saraki’s Senatorial District by buhariguy(m): 11:49am On Oct 05, 2018
It is all over for thief saraki.

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Confusion Over Winner Of PDP Primary In Saraki’s Senatorial District by Mynd44: 11:51am On Oct 05, 2018
I won't be surprised if the mystery aspirant for Kwara central is Senator Saraki.

It is a common thing in Nigeria, Senator Kwakwanso and Governor Okorocha did it in 2015. It is a fall back plan should he lose the presidential seat, he would go back to the senate

7 Likes

Re: Confusion Over Winner Of PDP Primary In Saraki’s Senatorial District by naijaguy123456(m): 11:52am On Oct 05, 2018
Typical greedy b@stard. Saraki want to be president at the same time he want to retain his senatorial position. They never want to do without being in power one way or the other.

After the errand boy served him for 8 years as a stooge governor, next he pushed him to the senate to go and retire. That way he'll never ever get probe for any misappropriation of funds.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Confusion Over Winner Of PDP Primary In Saraki’s Senatorial District by excomarow(m): 11:53am On Oct 05, 2018
If Saraki were in APC playing this kind of politic, heaven would have falling.

If only we can amend our constitution that will tackle the Issue of Decamping while in office and the greedy politicians that always have Plan B like Saraki is doing, our democracy will be better

8 Likes

Re: Confusion Over Winner Of PDP Primary In Saraki’s Senatorial District by Bigajeff(m): 11:53am On Oct 05, 2018
Auntyshagi! any question of the day? Oya hit me

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Confusion Over Winner Of PDP Primary In Saraki’s Senatorial District by Kwamecron(m): 11:54am On Oct 05, 2018
Shit
Re: Confusion Over Winner Of PDP Primary In Saraki’s Senatorial District by TheShopKeeper(m): 11:58am On Oct 05, 2018
...by Monday 8th October, the mystery Senatorial candidate will be Bukola Saraki...

5 Likes

Re: Confusion Over Winner Of PDP Primary In Saraki’s Senatorial District by Nobody: 12:00pm On Oct 05, 2018
grin

3 Likes

Re: Confusion Over Winner Of PDP Primary In Saraki’s Senatorial District by megamank(m): 12:00pm On Oct 05, 2018
Saraki just playing on the intelligence of Nigerian and a lot of people see nothing wrong in this....
For personal reasons he shut down the legislative arm of the government for almost 3months and now he is holding a senatorial district to ransom because he want to eat Hus cake in the presidential bid and also have it in the senate in case he fails......Nigerians my look stupid but I know there are still some wise person....

23 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Confusion Over Winner Of PDP Primary In Saraki’s Senatorial District by excomarow(m): 12:00pm On Oct 05, 2018
id911:
Why are these idiots so much interested in Kwara issues? There are a lot of evil going on in other states but you guys are quiet about it but you keep talking about Kwara this, Kwara that.. why?

Yeye they smell

And what is your problem with other state,

Stay in your Kwara and we maintain our lane in our states

10 Likes

Re: Confusion Over Winner Of PDP Primary In Saraki’s Senatorial District by AngelicBeing: 12:02pm On Oct 05, 2018
modath:

Saraki knows the only "president" that can be attached to his name is the SP position, he's only running for street cred & bargaining chip to retain his present post if PDP manages to clinch the majority... He knows PDP has no chance till 2023!! Period.

***Presidential aspirant has a nice ring to it***...
Chai grin

3 Likes

Re: Confusion Over Winner Of PDP Primary In Saraki’s Senatorial District by jomoh: 12:07pm On Oct 05, 2018
Sarathief

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Confusion Over Winner Of PDP Primary In Saraki’s Senatorial District by Onlinealaba(m): 12:09pm On Oct 05, 2018
The day kwarans will liberate themselves from saraki dynasty, I will personally celebrate it

check my siggy, your electronics at flat rates

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Confusion Over Winner Of PDP Primary In Saraki’s Senatorial District by femijamz: 12:11pm On Oct 05, 2018
so what do u expect b4, it's still early for saraki to be in relevant in politics, no saraki no politics.
Re: Confusion Over Winner Of PDP Primary In Saraki’s Senatorial District by ashacot: 12:14pm On Oct 05, 2018
How People still want this man to become the president of Nigeria still amaze me

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LKsuOJWUUQc
Re: Confusion Over Winner Of PDP Primary In Saraki’s Senatorial District by Reference(m): 12:26pm On Oct 05, 2018
Kwara state is a democratic crypt.... completely dead. Nothing to comment about till the resurrection of the dead.... sorry I meant the ressurection of the people of Kwara.

2 Likes

Re: Confusion Over Winner Of PDP Primary In Saraki’s Senatorial District by rrikado(m): 12:27pm On Oct 05, 2018
Saraki is a confirmed rogue, it is only in PDP such stupid behavior can be allowed.

3 Likes

Re: Confusion Over Winner Of PDP Primary In Saraki’s Senatorial District by Splasshhh(f): 12:30pm On Oct 05, 2018
Corruption
Re: Confusion Over Winner Of PDP Primary In Saraki’s Senatorial District by DTaj: 12:31pm On Oct 05, 2018
Really? I am surprised that “you all are surprised”!

This was the same template that was used in 2011.

Oga Senate President (SP) was a PDP presidential aspirant and a certain Alh. Gold ‘won’ the Kwara Central Senatorial ticket after the party’s primary election.

After the party gave the PDP presidential ticket to President Goodluck Jonathan, the Electoral Act provision that allows any political party’s candidate to ‘willingly’ inform INEC of withdrawal from a candidacy before election was invoked and oga SP became the ‘new’ candidate.

After oga won his senatorial election, the ‘substituted candidate’, Alh. Gold, was ‘compensated’ for a job well delivered with the very senior position of Secretary to the State Government, SSG of Kwara State- a position he has held from 2011 till this minute.

Facts...

7 Likes

Re: Confusion Over Winner Of PDP Primary In Saraki’s Senatorial District by ipobarecriminals: 12:35pm On Oct 05, 2018
sad typical Pd pigs with their shameful, shameless/ fraudulent lifestyle

1 Like

Re: Confusion Over Winner Of PDP Primary In Saraki’s Senatorial District by Badonasty(m): 12:57pm On Oct 05, 2018
yns4real:
The national assembly primary election of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) held on Wednesday in many states but was moved to Thursday in Kwara.

The reason for the postponement was not given and the venue of the exercise in the three senatorial districts was not known to many journalists and party members.

But by Thursday evening, reports emerged that Abdulfatai Ahmed, governor of the state, who had earlier declared his senatorial bid, had emerged consensus candidate of Kwara south senatorial district.

Rafiu Ibrahim, senator currently representing the district, was said to have lost out in the race after delegates unanimously adopted the governor.

In Kwara north, two house of reps member are battling for the ticket of the ruling party; they are Zakari Mohammed and Aliyu Pategi but many were kept in the dark over the contestants in Kwara central where Senate President Bukola Saraki is from.

Top PDP chieftains in the senatorial district kept their lips sealed when told to comment on those seeking to replace Saraki, a presidential aspirant of the PDP.

Tunde Ashaolu, spokesman of the party in Kwara, said he had no information about the senatorial aspirants in Kwara central. However, he made it clear that someone had picked up the PDP nomination and expression of interest forms for the senatorial district.

He refused to disclose the identity of the individual.

On Thursday, Ashaolu said the primaries had been concluded and winners had emerged.

“We have done all our primaries but I can’t give you that information you requested for. The only thing is that all our senatorial primaries have been completed but I can’t give you their names,” he told TheCable.

But a source told TheCable that Saraki obtained the form as a soft landing in the event that things do no go as planned at the presidential primary.

“The senate president picked the form as well as that of presidential. I can tell you that he is more interested in retaining his seat at the senate than being the head of this country,” the source said.

“If he had not obtained the form, a man like David Mark would have had a higher stake than him as to the leadership of the 9th senate. So, he knows what he is doing.

“Let me tell you the PDP ticket in Kwara central was given to a retired permanent secretary in Kwara state. His name is Abdulrahman Babatunde Sidiq. He will hand over the ticket to the senate president when he is ready.”

PDP has up till Monday to present its candidate in Kwara central senatorial district as the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) has set October 7 as deadline for political parties to submit names of their candidates.

Yusuph Olaniyonu, spokesman of the senate president, did not respond to inquiries by TheCable.

If Saraki succeeds in returning to the senate, he will be the only one to do so of the three Kwara senators in the 8th assembly.

While Ibrahim lost the ticket to Ahmed, Sha’aba Lafiagi, Kwara north, contested and lost the governorship primary election of the party.

https://www.thecable.ng/confusion-over-winner-of-pdp-primary-in-sarakis-senatorial-district/amp?p=293437&__twitter_impression=true

Lol...rafiu Ibrahim as been used and dumped

If saraki is so confident...why he dey buy form for Senate

3 Likes

Re: Confusion Over Winner Of PDP Primary In Saraki’s Senatorial District by Pavore9: 1:02pm On Oct 05, 2018
it is on reserve mode for Saraki, should he lose out on PDP's Presidential ticket.

2 Likes

Re: Confusion Over Winner Of PDP Primary In Saraki’s Senatorial District by ybalogs(m): 1:03pm On Oct 05, 2018
Saraki's fallback option. Issokay.

2 Likes

Re: Confusion Over Winner Of PDP Primary In Saraki’s Senatorial District by modath(f): 1:05pm On Oct 05, 2018
Mynd44:
I won't be surprised if the mystery aspirant for Kwara central is Senator Saraki.

It is a common thing in Nigeria, Senator Kwakwanso and Governor Okorocha did it in 2015. It is a fall back plan should he lose the presidential seat, he would go back to the senate

You are in doubt? undecided
Re: Confusion Over Winner Of PDP Primary In Saraki’s Senatorial District by Thehilah4jesus: 1:18pm On Oct 05, 2018
l can bet its true and wont be surprised after losing the presidential ticket he will emerge as the senatorial candidate again.this is so criminal and l hope there are laws to checkmate such if not.....people dont know bukola saraki especially those who come to his defence,he wasnt the one who got the senatorial ticket he used in the house for the past 3and half years.that particular ticket was for Isiaka Gold but he(saraki) made Gold give up the ticket to him in exchange for the position of the secretary to the state government(ssg) for kwara state under the leadership of bukola saraki's boy Abdulfatah Ahmed.l say it anytime and l will say it again l know most politicians have more of their selfish interest and agenda at heart rather than national or the people's interest and for sure Bukola Saraki is not exception.we say tinubu is a thief,imposing and lording over lagosian but what about Saraki in kwara?do you know how much of a puppet the outgoing governor is to him?he was is then commissioner of finance before he made him Governor.do you know how much of the state money goes to bukola and toyin saraki's pockets?but all l know is money will fail at some points if these politicians feel impoverishing the people and when its election period you throw money and guns around just to fulfil your own selfish ambition.the end will surely justify the means

1 Like

Re: Confusion Over Winner Of PDP Primary In Saraki’s Senatorial District by Adeone: 2:27pm On Oct 05, 2018
The PDP kwara central senatorial tickect was given to Toyin Saraki,the wife of SP Bukola Saraki. Cunny man die,cunny man bury am,that will be the end of Saraki dynasty in Kwara

1 Like

Re: Confusion Over Winner Of PDP Primary In Saraki’s Senatorial District by leunseyis(m): 2:39pm On Oct 05, 2018
The PDP kwara central senatorial tickect was given to Toyin Saraki,the wife of SP Bukola Saraki. Cunny man die,cunny man bury am,that will be the end of Saraki dynasty in Kwara

I heard its for his wife. if he eventually fail to get presidential ticket. then he can get d position back

(1) (2) (Reply)

Nobody Can Unseat Obaseki - Governor Umahi / 3 Nasarawa Lawmakers Escape Death As Gunmen Fire At Official Vehicle / Fani-Kayode's Daughter, Tobi, Graduates From UK University (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.