Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,227 members, 7,818,771 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:53 AM

2000 Sienna Rattling, Creaking, Clanging and squeaking Sound fix with pic - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / 2000 Sienna Rattling, Creaking, Clanging and squeaking Sound fix with pic (3529 Views)

I Have 2000 Sienna For Higher Purchase Or Daily Delivering / Two Seconds Rattling Sound Coming From Engine On Cold Start .... / Rattling Sound On Acceleration (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

2000 Sienna Rattling, Creaking, Clanging and squeaking Sound fix with pic by nurey(m): 3:29pm On Oct 05, 2018
So the sienna is 4 years plus and here we are again with the noise associated with suspension works.
Nov 2017 I changed my front suspension , steering bushing, linkages. Then after all that there was still a major rattling at the front, I then changed the suspension bushing which bolts it to the car body in the engine bay.

This fixes cost me over 55k including workmanship. Along the line like 3 to 4 months ago, I got a broken lower arm which resulted in linkage damage, front passenger side tire write off. I had to fix that too at a whooping 35k including labour.

Now it's rattling, squeaking, creaking and clanging sound at the back and front passenger side. Close observation and I found out that
1. front driver side lower arm broken into 2

2. The back side has some much sound and road play that I don't need horn and the car has become a tourist attraction.
Re: 2000 Sienna Rattling, Creaking, Clanging and squeaking Sound fix with pic by nurey(m): 3:33pm On Oct 05, 2018
first point of call observation.

For the front everything seems to be ok, I had noticed early so my linkage and tyre is ok, tie rod ok, shaft just changed 2months ago still ok no oil drops noticed around engine area so for front to change

1. Lower arm only. This part is what links the suspension to the chassis. chassis to ok no rust except for muddy smeer due to the area I live.

2. power Steering seal still leaking oil this has been on for 1 and half years cost of changing seal at ladipo 30k. I have been to ping a quarter of a litre every 4 months that one is cheaper. The leak is very minimal and doesn't affect steering feel.

Re: 2000 Sienna Rattling, Creaking, Clanging and squeaking Sound fix with pic by thebigkendo(m): 3:57pm On Oct 05, 2018
nurey:
So the sienna is 4 years plus and here we are again with the noise associated with suspension works.
Nov 2017 I changed my front suspension , steering bushing, linkages. Then after all that there was still a major rattling at the front, I then changed the suspension bushing which bolts it to the car body in the engine bay.

This fixes cost me over 55k including workmanship. Along the line like 3 to 4 months ago, I got a broken lower arm which resulted in linkage damage, front passenger side tire write off. I had to fix that too at a whooping 35k including labour.

Now it's rattling, squeaking, creaking and clanging sound at the back and front passenger side. Close observation and I found out that
1. front driver side lower broken into 2

2. The back side has some much sound and road play that I don't need horn and the car has become a tourist attraction.

Bolded
Where you going to Diportivo's house? grin grin grin
Re: 2000 Sienna Rattling, Creaking, Clanging and squeaking Sound fix with pic by nurey(m): 3:58pm On Oct 05, 2018
now the rear. The rear is connected by a beam (lap English, itan yoruba grin) The lap is a high tensile steel where the rear suspension is connected shock absorber and springs, the ABS pump units. The beam is now bolted to the chassis in between that joint is a bushing which has failed.

Also the driver side beam bushing is gone and the bushing is noting but an over scrapped rubber.

Shock absorber both will be changed (7k for tokunbo and 9k for brand new the 2 pairs) both will have their bushing attached, spring/coils are ok, rear drum and shoe is ok. The passenger side beam bushing is ok will still manage that

1. changing of rear suspension 9k for brandnew both

2. changing of driver side beam bushing 6k for a pair

pix one shows where the bushings will go into the beam and the two holes above it is where the bolt will hold it to the chassis

pix two is the shock absorber with bushing squeeze like pomo grin

pix three is to show the car is sitting on bricks not jack for safety reasons grin

Re: 2000 Sienna Rattling, Creaking, Clanging and squeaking Sound fix with pic by nurey(m): 4:21pm On Oct 05, 2018
shock absorbers arrived

beam bushing arrived.

Beam bushing goes in first not a easy task but thank God took a few minutes sha as the mechanic nah expert.

pix 1 brandnew rear shocks

pix 2 and pix 3 beam bushing side by side

pix 4 new shock absorber and old one side by side.

The old one has spoilt because when I depressed it, it never rose again which shouldn't be so and during depression air/gas was escaping.

The new shock absorber top bushing will not be used the mechanic says it gives way easily. That's the bushing bolted to the car body, the old ones top bushing is gone so cannot be used. He will source for tokunbo for both side at 1k for both units. will keep the new top bushing just incase

Re: 2000 Sienna Rattling, Creaking, Clanging and squeaking Sound fix with pic by mayor2013: 4:57pm On Oct 05, 2018
Beam bushing. I hope you got a genuine if not you might be revisiting the mechanic anytime soon again wink wink
Re: 2000 Sienna Rattling, Creaking, Clanging and squeaking Sound fix with pic by nurey(m): 5:06pm On Oct 05, 2018
mayor2013:
Beam bushing. I hope you got a genuine if not you might be revisiting the mechanic anytime soon again wink wink

Its original nah wetin the carton and mechanic talk but let's see sha. if it serves me 2 years I am ok. its not RBI though this one nah micota grin
Re: 2000 Sienna Rattling, Creaking, Clanging and squeaking Sound fix with pic by nurey(m): 5:16pm On Oct 05, 2018
helping the mechanic to loosen the other side shock absorber. I don't leave my work unattended like a typical nigerian you join them to know a few things.

The second shock absorber is still ok, it rises when depressed and no gas escape, will keep that as a souvenir grin

mechanic says the shocks just arrived brand name shock absorber super tube model number 344331 gas with Japan quality engraved on it not printed.

searching for the name on Google brings out p**n site aye Aba made/ chinco made konida grin

2 Likes

Re: 2000 Sienna Rattling, Creaking, Clanging and squeaking Sound fix with pic by mayor2013: 5:28pm On Oct 05, 2018
nurey:
helping the mechanic to loosen the other side shock absorber. I don't leave my work unattended like a typical nigerian you join them to know a few things.

The second shock absorber is still ok, it rises when depressed and no gas escape, will keep that as a souvenir grin

mechanic says the shocks just arrived brand name shock absorber super tube model number 344331 gas with Japan quality engraved on it not printed.

searching for the name on Google brings out p**n site aye Aba made/ chinco made konida grin

Now this really cracked my ribs cheesy grin

1 Like

Re: 2000 Sienna Rattling, Creaking, Clanging and squeaking Sound fix with pic by diportivo: 6:51pm On Oct 05, 2018
thebigkendo:

Bolded

undecided

go and flog that guy for me

1 Like

Re: 2000 Sienna Rattling, Creaking, Clanging and squeaking Sound fix with pic by Olohunjedalo(m): 9:28am On Oct 07, 2018
Jeez! All these expenses on a car .
Shey I go buy car bayi . Make I dy use my money chop food jeje cheesy
Re: 2000 Sienna Rattling, Creaking, Clanging and squeaking Sound fix with pic by GetCofOProperty: 9:07am On Oct 08, 2018
mayor2013:

When you have the right mechanic who is honest and really knows what he's doing, you have no problems.

There are good properties in choice locations that boast of a huge return on investment. Don't miss the current promos.

Please check signature in blue below and get in touch to enjoy our Free Real Estate/Property Consulting services!!!
Re: 2000 Sienna Rattling, Creaking, Clanging and squeaking Sound fix with pic by demulepaul: 11:54am On Oct 08, 2018
Olohunjedalo:
Better save your little money for your stomach, to maintain car is not easy grin grin grin grin grin cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: 2000 Sienna Rattling, Creaking, Clanging and squeaking Sound fix with pic by mayor2013: 12:13pm On Oct 08, 2018
demulepaul:
Better save your little money for your stomach, to maintain car is not easy grin grin grin grin grin cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

Stomach infrastructure aka governor fayose grin grin
Re: 2000 Sienna Rattling, Creaking, Clanging and squeaking Sound fix with pic by CityNGR: 5:20pm On Oct 08, 2018
thebigkendo:

Bolded

Hahahaha I remember that village where diportivo lives... Hehehe
Re: 2000 Sienna Rattling, Creaking, Clanging and squeaking Sound fix with pic by CityNGR: 5:21pm On Oct 08, 2018
Olohunjedalo:
Since BMC no dey pay nau.... Better atikulate

Re: 2000 Sienna Rattling, Creaking, Clanging and squeaking Sound fix with pic by CityNGR: 5:27pm On Oct 08, 2018
nurey:

Its original nah wetin the carton and mechanic talk but let's see sha. if it serves me 2 years I am ok. its not RBI though this one nah micota grin
What about the brand you and Gazzuzz used to advocate
Re: 2000 Sienna Rattling, Creaking, Clanging and squeaking Sound fix with pic by nurey(m): 5:37pm On Oct 08, 2018
CityNGR:

What about the brand you and Gazzuzz used to advocate

Kyb. fake plenty for market and online is around $120 for complete back both sides, the shipping cost is neck breaking.
Re: 2000 Sienna Rattling, Creaking, Clanging and squeaking Sound fix with pic by CityNGR: 5:39pm On Oct 08, 2018
nurey:

Kyb. fake plenty for market and online is around $120 for complete back both sides, the shipping cost is neck breaking.

You for try radautoworks
Re: 2000 Sienna Rattling, Creaking, Clanging and squeaking Sound fix with pic by AmandaLuv(f): 6:17pm On Oct 08, 2018
@nurey weldone oo! Works bn done on ur siena r similar or almost same work done on my siena few days ago.

Plz my front tyre, the driver side is always hot and sometimes bring out smokes wit burning smell. I changed my brake pad and brake disc to a new one. I complained to my mech he said it's d newly changed brake pad dat it needs time to smoothen. This is d 5th day now yet no improvement. Plz wat cud b d problem?
Re: 2000 Sienna Rattling, Creaking, Clanging and squeaking Sound fix with pic by nurey(m): 6:35pm On Oct 08, 2018
CityNGR:

You for try radautoworks

she will come to the picture 2019/vision 2020, for now I am always on a slim budget

1 Like

Re: 2000 Sienna Rattling, Creaking, Clanging and squeaking Sound fix with pic by nurey(m): 6:44pm On Oct 08, 2018
AmandaLuv:
@nurey weldone oo! Works bn done on ur siena r similar or almost same work done on my siena few days ago.

Plz my front tyre, the driver side is always hot and sometimes bring out smokes wit burning smell. I changed my brake pad and brake disc to a new one. I complained to my mech he said it's d newly changed brake pad dat it needs time to smoothen. This is d 5th day now yet no improvement. Plz wat cud b d problem?

sticky brakes, your issue is still the brake pads and or the brake discs. The smoke is either due to oil on roads getting to it or your brake lines is leaking fluid thereby dropping on the hot surface around there.

The easiest way to do a DIY would be jacking both front legs up move the gear to neutral and roll the tires. if they turn freely good if not then you have a binding brake.

Let the mechanic return the brake shoes it's like one of them is extremely faker than the other.

2 Likes

Re: 2000 Sienna Rattling, Creaking, Clanging and squeaking Sound fix with pic by AmandaLuv(f): 7:46pm On Oct 08, 2018
nurey:

sticky brakes, your issue is still the brake pads and or the brake discs. The smoke is either due to oil on roads getting to it or your brake lines is leaking fluid thereby dropping on the hot surface around there.

The easiest way to do a DIY would be jacking both front legs up move the gear to neutral and roll the tires. if they turn freely good if not then you have a binding brake.

Let the mechanic return the brake shoes it's like one of them is extremely faker than the other.
tnx alot
Re: 2000 Sienna Rattling, Creaking, Clanging and squeaking Sound fix with pic by radautoworks: 8:22pm On Oct 08, 2018
nurey:

The Monroe's were 36,500 each fronts and N15,330 each on the rears with 1 year and they were in stock...
Re: 2000 Sienna Rattling, Creaking, Clanging and squeaking Sound fix with pic by CityNGR: 10:53pm On Oct 08, 2018
radautoworks:

The Monroe's were 36,500 each fronts and N15,330 each on the rears with 1 year and they were in stock...

You meant for the front pair? 36,500?
Re: 2000 Sienna Rattling, Creaking, Clanging and squeaking Sound fix with pic by radautoworks: 2:15am On Oct 09, 2018
CityNGR:

You meant for the front pair? 36,500?

No. Each. They're more expensive than the rears.

http://weblink.carquest.com/acl/?mfgName=MON&partNumber=81438
Re: 2000 Sienna Rattling, Creaking, Clanging and squeaking Sound fix with pic by AmandaLuv(f): 6:41pm On Oct 10, 2018
nurey:

nurey problem has bn resolved. The problem was d brake caliper, it was bad and they serviced it and heating and smoke went away. After all these works CEL illuminated and when it was scanned the p0420 catalytic something bank 1 was detected. Plz how do i resolve this? Do u have a pictoral view of p0420 catalytic bank 1? I changed one catalyst for 25k sometime in april, the one dat stays under/middle of the vehicle on d exhaust line b4 d silencer. Could it b d same catalyst? Plz note dat the one i changed for 25k did not read on d scanner bt my mech was able to detect it by sound of d vehicle. I forgot to mention dat my fuel consumption has really tripled sad
Re: 2000 Sienna Rattling, Creaking, Clanging and squeaking Sound fix with pic by oblo(m): 8:11pm On Oct 10, 2018
AmandaLuv:
nurey problem has bn resolved. The problem was d brake caliper, it was bad and they serviced it and heating and smoke went away. After all these works CEL illuminated and when it was scanned the p0420 catalytic something bank 1 was detected. Plz how do i resolve this? Do u have a pictoral view of p0420 catalytic bank 1? I changed one catalyst for 25k sometime in april, the one dat stays under/middle of the vehicle on d exhaust line b4 d silencer. Could it b d same catalyst? Plz note dat the one i changed for 25k did not read on d scanner bt my mech was able to detect it by sound of d vehicle. I forgot to mention dat my fuel consumption has really tripled sad

All of these only you one Armanda.. angry na wa o.. Ur kazeem don turn human scanner ni? Is your thermostat still in place? Your tyres are they recommended? A whole lot of other factors can increase fuel consumption as well oo..
Re: 2000 Sienna Rattling, Creaking, Clanging and squeaking Sound fix with pic by nurey(m): 9:21pm On Oct 10, 2018
AmandaLuv:

Go to a technician with scanner, Let him clear all codes in the vehicle then drive the car till the CEL comes on and then rescan and let me know codes generated.

I have never touched my catalyst or had issues with though since I bought the car but always ensure when you have catalyst issues and you can't afford to buy a new OEM replacement deleting the catalyst and using O2 defouler is better than allow kazeem to construct it using non recommended parts which can cause engine failure.

clear codes drive vehicle and rescan let's know the codes
Re: 2000 Sienna Rattling, Creaking, Clanging and squeaking Sound fix with pic by AmandaLuv(f): 9:53pm On Oct 10, 2018
nurey:

Go to a technician with scanner, Let him clear all codes in the vehicle then drive the car till the CEL comes on and then rescan and let me know codes generated.

I have never touched my catalyst or had issues with though since I bought the car but always ensure when you have catalyst issues and you can't afford to buy a new OEM replacement deleting the catalyst and using O2 defouler is better than allow kazeem to construct it using non recommended parts which can cause engine failure.

clear codes drive vehicle and rescan let's know the codes
When the technician scanned it it actually showed
p0420: catalyst system efficiency below threshold(bank 1) and then he cleared d codes. Just a bit worried d codes would return.
No vex 4 me oo i knw i'v disturbed u alot wit my wahala.
Re: 2000 Sienna Rattling, Creaking, Clanging and squeaking Sound fix with pic by nurey(m): 7:20am On Oct 11, 2018
AmandaLuv:
When the technician scanned it it actually showed
p0420: catalyst system efficiency below threshold(bank 1) and then he cleared d codes. Just a bit worried d codes would return.
No vex 4 me oo i knw i'v disturbed u alot wit my wahala.

okay when the CEL reilluminate let him scan and we will try to sort out the codes.

when you changed the catalyst before did he buy a new one, a tokunbo or he constructed his own version. Also did you bother to see the replacement if it looks anything like spoilt one in terms of size?
Re: 2000 Sienna Rattling, Creaking, Clanging and squeaking Sound fix with pic by AmandaLuv(f): 9:57am On Oct 11, 2018
nurey:

okay when the CEL reilluminate let him scan and we will try to sort out the codes.

when you changed the catalyst before did he buy a new one, a tokunbo or he constructed his own version. Also did you bother to see the replacement if it looks anything like spoilt one in terms of size?
Tnx dear, it was a direct tokumbo with nets inside. The one dat was removed from mine was open without any net. Dat one eliminated a sound like BOOOOOOOMMM! from d exhaust.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Toyota Camry 05/06 Stereo / My Very First Car - A Nigerian Used Golf 3 Right Choice ? / PEUGEOT 307 Over Heating Problem

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.