Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,750 members, 7,824,158 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 01:10 AM

My Very First Car - A Nigerian Used Golf 3 Right Choice ? - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / My Very First Car - A Nigerian Used Golf 3 Right Choice ? (3531 Views)

What Makes You Buy Your First Car(s)? / 8 Things That Happen When A Nigerian Buys His First Car / The First Car That Was Bought In Ido Ekiti (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Very First Car - A Nigerian Used Golf 3 Right Choice ? by Nobody: 3:37pm On Jul 03, 2015
After all the search I have decided to settle for a nigerian used golf 3 as my first car.

You know that excitement that comes with driving ur own payed for car ?

The car is first body , manual with AC.

I need my brothers in the house to spoon feed me on how to get the best out of the car.

I pray all who have a dream of buying their own cars for them it will become reality.

For us who can only pay for nigerian used car today, we will some day pay for brand new cars.

Please tell me how to enjoy this car. What to service it with etc.

For now I only drive to work, home and church.

gazzuzz sienna lomomike et all pls grace this thread with ur experience.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Very First Car - A Nigerian Used Golf 3 Right Choice ? by amnesty7: 3:48pm On Jul 03, 2015
Congrats! All I can say is that you have made the right choice of brand and model for someone at your income level. And i mean it. You will soon find out why I said so. Drive safely and guard your asset jealously.
Re: My Very First Car - A Nigerian Used Golf 3 Right Choice ? by Nobody: 4:00pm On Jul 03, 2015
bro how much did u get it,lookin to buy one too bt d price d buyer put is scary
Re: My Very First Car - A Nigerian Used Golf 3 Right Choice ? by Nobody: 4:05pm On Jul 03, 2015
fabiano09:
bro how much did u get it,lookin to buy one too bt d price d buyer put is scary
350K...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Very First Car - A Nigerian Used Golf 3 Right Choice ? by Nobody: 4:08pm On Jul 03, 2015
Guitarlife:
350K...
Damn u are lucky! Mine 500k d person refused to remove even 50k
Re: My Very First Car - A Nigerian Used Golf 3 Right Choice ? by Nobody: 4:14pm On Jul 03, 2015
fabiano09:

Damn u are lucky! Mine 500k d person refused to remove even 50k
its nigerian used and not tokunbo.
Re: My Very First Car - A Nigerian Used Golf 3 Right Choice ? by Nobody: 4:20pm On Jul 03, 2015
Guitarlife:
its nigerian used and not tokunbo.
I know,same with this one. Anyway congrats,just make sure u service every 6 months,check yr oil regularly,etc volkswagen doesnt hv problem,low maintenance dts y dey are still popular.
Re: My Very First Car - A Nigerian Used Golf 3 Right Choice ? by ONYECHUKWU: 4:45pm On Jul 03, 2015
I have golf 3wagon for sale this is contact 08054169646 price#480,000
Re: My Very First Car - A Nigerian Used Golf 3 Right Choice ? by LKO(m): 9:59am On Jul 04, 2015
I so much like golf 3. But people keep telling me to stay clear of it, if its going to be my first ride, dey keep recommending toyota. Just confused.
Re: My Very First Car - A Nigerian Used Golf 3 Right Choice ? by chikachike86(m): 4:27pm On Jul 04, 2015
The major issues with Golf 3 are the electrical setting and front wheel. Apart from that, the fuel consumption is low, and spare parts of the ride is readily available.
You will surely enjoy the ride.

1 Like

Re: My Very First Car - A Nigerian Used Golf 3 Right Choice ? by nurey(m): 4:56pm On Jul 04, 2015
fabiano09:

I know,same with this one. Anyway congrats,just make sure u service every 6 months,check yr oil regularly,etc volkswagen doesnt hv problem,low maintenance dts y dey are still popular.

and on what did you base your servicing of car every six months on. so if I do inter state lagos to kano which is 1000km plus and I do it trice a week do I still need to service my car every six months better get your facts right.

@op if I were you, the first steps I would take are this

1. do a radiator flush and buy coolant not water to top to proper level

2. I will ask the previous owner what oil he uses to service the car (weight 5w20, 20w50 etc) this will let you know the level of wear/damage the car has incurred. if he had used 20w50 for yrs and u decided to use the recommended let's say 5w20 then you could have problems with the engine.

3. next I will check the tires and buy new ones if there is need to change, if am short on cash I will buy 2 first for the front legs

4. I will make sure the radiator is in default not the wire to battery head kazeem concoction.

5. I will change the gear oil. doing a total flush will atleast reduce tear and grinding

6 I will replace all the bulb both headlight and rear ones also check the wipers especially during raining season you don't want to be caught unawares.

7. I will buy fire extinguisher normally owners remove this (stingy pips) and get ready to do the necessary and expired papers

8. I will love-vendor the ride with badass 21inch alloy rim with spinners, give the car beautiful body work with side skirt and rear spoilers, HID light to dazzle cops and FRSC, Nitro stage 3 for badass turbo boost and a 10k MW speaker with JBL stereo with killer dolby surround sound amplifier so the neighbours can know I have arrived.

take the rest serious and do no 8 at your own peril goodluck

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Very First Car - A Nigerian Used Golf 3 Right Choice ? by Nobody: 8:36pm On Jul 04, 2015
nurey:

and on what did you base your servicing of car every six months on. so if I do inter state lagos to kano which is 1000km plus and I do it trice a week do I still need to service my car every six months better get your facts right.

2. I will ask the previous owner what oil he uses to service the car (weight 5w20, 20w50 etc) this will let you know the level of wear/damage the car has incurred. if he had used 20w50 for yrs and u decided to use the recommended let's say 5w20 then you could have problems with the engine.

3. next I will check the tires and buy new ones if there is need to change, if am short on cash I will buy 2 first for the front legs

4. I will make sure the radiator is in default not the wire to battery head kazeem concoction.

5. I will change the gear oil. doing a total flush will atleast reduce tear and grinding

6 I will replace all the bulb both headlight and rear ones also check the wipers especially during raining season you don't want to be caught unawares.

7. I will buy fire extinguisher normally owners remove this (stingy pips) and get ready to do the necessary and expired papers

8. I will love-vendor the ride with badass 21inch alloy rim with spinners, give the car beautiful body work with side skirt and rear spoilers, HID light to dazzle cops and FRSC, Nitro stage 3 for badass turbo boost and a 10k MW speaker with JBL stereo with killer dolby surround sound amplifier so the neighbours can know I have arrived.

rotfl i don daaeee
Re: My Very First Car - A Nigerian Used Golf 3 Right Choice ? by Lagusta(m): 10:18pm On Jul 04, 2015
chikachike86:
The major issues with Golf 3 are the electrical setting and front wheel. Apart from that, the fuel consumption is low, and spare parts of the ride is readily available.
You will surely enjoy the ride.

I even thought its the golf4 that has electrical issues...
Re: My Very First Car - A Nigerian Used Golf 3 Right Choice ? by Lagusta(m): 10:21pm On Jul 04, 2015
@nurey chaai, u have killed it with that kind of pimping... grin
Re: My Very First Car - A Nigerian Used Golf 3 Right Choice ? by Nobody: 4:05pm On Jul 05, 2015
Nurey, I hope you're joking, with regards to 21" wheels...
Re: My Very First Car - A Nigerian Used Golf 3 Right Choice ? by melvin0004(m): 8:57pm On Jul 05, 2015
ONYECHUKWU:
I have golf 3wagon for sale this is contact 08054169646 price#480,000
omo igbo.
Re: My Very First Car - A Nigerian Used Golf 3 Right Choice ? by Screwface(m): 7:53am On Jul 06, 2015
You'll kill that car if you heed the advice of servicing once every six months, especially if you intend to use the car a lot. It's not new, and it's Nigerian used. Best advice is to service after a certain kilometres covered.
I use a Belgian used Nissan Premera with a fairly new engine and I change my oil after every 3,500km covered. It does help
Re: My Very First Car - A Nigerian Used Golf 3 Right Choice ? by nurey(m): 4:07am On Jul 07, 2015
Siena:
Nurey, I hope you're joking, with regards to 21" wheels...

No 8 is a Total joke oga siena
Re: My Very First Car - A Nigerian Used Golf 3 Right Choice ? by femi4: 5:05am On Jul 07, 2015
nurey:

For a car bought for 350k, you wan spend 200k to maintain am
Re: My Very First Car - A Nigerian Used Golf 3 Right Choice ? by femi4: 5:07am On Jul 07, 2015
Guitarlife:
rotfl i don daaeee
first of all, download and digest its manual .

1 Like

Re: My Very First Car - A Nigerian Used Golf 3 Right Choice ? by joeoagroworldnig(m): 10:25pm On Jun 06, 2021
Please if you have Golf 3 ( fairly used with first body) with the price range of 450-500k; please call this number ( 07081532898); while the offer lasts

(1) (Reply)

PEUGEOT 307 Over Heating Problem / Peugeot market Square. / My 05 Corolla S Ish

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.