Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,449 members, 7,816,042 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:34 AM

Tough Life - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Tough Life (4427 Views)

Help Me To Appreciate My Wife In This Tough Period / Being A Single Mother Is So Tough For Me. / I'm Having A Tough Time In My Marriage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tough Life by Nobody: 5:33pm On Oct 05, 2018
my life is really tough at the moment. I have always suffered all through my life until now.

I suspect I have a mental illness. I have always wanted to go to Yaba to get my head checked out, but have always managed to put it off.

No work for a while now. the freelancing site where I worked suspended my account and seized all my funds.

No one to ask for help. The entire universe is against me it seems. no food. no hope. everything is very bleak. I am a good person, I work hard, but maybe not smart. No one to give me a little push until I stand on my feet.

What is the point of it all??

In my apartment, no light, no food in the kitchen or pantry. no petrol in the gen. no nothing. life too hard. I can easily rest more if I didn't have this body which I owe a lot of attention to.

If I were an amphibian, or a ghost, or mere air, I wouldn't have to suffer voices or severe despondency all the time. My world is gray. I have sought color all my life but it seems the universe decided I would never live in color. Grey seems to be my lot. Grey and a lot of black.

I started taking care of myself at age 14. I am 25 now and things are still very difficult. I have started so many ventures to help my situation but my mental predisposition does not allow me to concentrate. I keep hearing voices in my head. Two years ago, I explained to a friend of mine what was going on: the voices, the anxiety, and depression. He suggested that I take up weed. That was the worst decision I ever made.

After just two minutes of inhaling a goodly amount of the weed smoke, I have my first episode of psychosis. I had never experienced anything like before. I was taken to a hospital where the doctor gave me injections to calm my heart down and send me to sleep. I stayed in the hospital for two days and then discharged. But since that episode, my life has not remained the same.

Two months ago, I was hit by a series of serious misfortunes that shook me to the bone. I couldn't work so my clients on Upwork fired me.

I am at an all-time low and I am beginning to question the meaning of life. To me, life has no meaning. I reckon if I leave now, in another 80 years everyone I left on earth will meet up with me. I don't fear death. I have actually made my peace with death, but I do not want to die.

However, I don't know how long I can hang on. I am desperate and my situation and brokenness have killed my spirit. I seriously want to give up.
Re: Tough Life by Nobody: 5:52pm On Oct 05, 2018
I remember in 2011 when I was 18 years old, my uncle threw me out of his house. I live in Alausa then with him and no one from my family wanted anything to do with me because I left pastor's house.

What they did not know was that for three years and pastor and his wife turned me to their servant.

They had 5 children and I had to wake up at 4:30 am daily to bathe and dress five children for school, iron their uniforms, cook breakfast, give them their medications, lead prayer, and take them to the bus stop by 7:50 am to wait for the school bus.

Then I would come back to the house and prepare lunches for the afternoon, package them in the refrigerator, clean the huge house, wash clothes, and finally manage to go to my school by 10 am.

I'd leave school early and go to Idumota to buy supplies for pastors wife who was a caterer. When I get home around 4 am from the market, I would then take care of the five kids and make sure they catch some sleep before their evening playtime.

Around 7 pm, madams frozen supplies would arrive, and if there was a big order, I would have to cut and fry cartons of chicken and fish.

Sometimes, I worked from 4 am to 12:30 am non-stop seven days a week.

It was tiring. I couldn't cope. My body was always hot. I wasn't learning anything at school because I slept and all.

Then one day I complained to my parents. They said I should stay.

I was thrown out of the house after many waves of abuse. I started living on the streets of Alausa. People really tried to help me. One man let me sleep in the staircase of his compound and gave me a bedspread and pillow.

Luckily, I found a job in December 2010 with KFC at Ikeja city mall.

February 2011, I fell sick with pneumonia. I went to the hospital one day to check what was happening, and the doctor refused to let me go.

He told me my lungs were filling with fluids and they had to start treatment immediately. I didn't realize how serious the sickness was until when in the doctor's office I tried to stand up but quickly collapsed.

The treatment didn't make me feel better, I eventually stopped breathing and was placed on oxygen. Was on oxygen for 5 days. In the end, testing showed I was attacked by a very aggressive strain of pneumonia and lost 70% of my lung function.

I stayed in the hospital for 27 days, and not a single soul came to visit me.

My mom was far away in Owerri, my father had just died.

My uncle lived about 15 minutes away from the hospital but he never came to check me.

If not for KFC, I would have died in 2011.

If not for the fact that I went looking for work, I would have died in 2011.

My bill at the end of it all was N550, 480 -- KFC paid it all.

5 Likes

Re: Tough Life by Ishilove: 7:01pm On Oct 05, 2018
I don't know why I don't believe this story

5 Likes

Re: Tough Life by Nobody: 7:12pm On Oct 05, 2018
no worries. i'm leaving. bye
Re: Tough Life by Nobody: 7:32pm On Oct 05, 2018
no worries. i'm leaving. bye

Why did u deactivate
Re: Tough Life by Eketem: 7:38pm On Oct 05, 2018
Pipedreams:

Why did u deactivate

Please come back and share please please I am begging.

Ishilove:

You guys need to stop with always accusing people who seek help, ask questions first and if responses don't add up then take it from there, somebody is sharing here probably as a last resort and you have sent him off to do God knows what

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tough Life by Chubhie: 7:56pm On Oct 05, 2018
I remember in 2011 when I was 18 years old, my uncle threw me out of his house. I live in Alausa then with him and no one from my family wanted anything to do with me because I left pastor's house.

What they did not know was that for three years and pastor and his wife turned me to their servant.

They had 5 children and I had to wake up at 4:30 am daily to bathe and dress five children for school, iron their uniforms, cook breakfast, give them their medications, lead prayer, and take them to the bus stop by 7:50 am to wait for the school bus.

Then I would come back to the house and prepare lunches for the afternoon, package them in the refrigerator, clean the huge house, wash clothes, and finally manage to go to my school by 10 am.

I'd leave school early and go to Idumota to buy supplies for pastors wife who was a caterer. When I get home around 4 am from the market, I would then take care of the five kids and make sure they catch some sleep before their evening playtime.

Around 7 pm, madams frozen supplies would arrive, and if there was a big order, I would have to cut and fry cartons of chicken and fish.

It was tiring. I couldn't cope. My body was always hot. I wasn't learning anything at school because I slept and all.

I was thrown out of the house after many waves of abuse. I started living on the streets of Alausa. People really tried to help me. One man let me sleep in the staircase of his compound and gave me a bedspread and pillow.

February 2011, I fell sick with pneumonia. I went to the hospital one day to check what was happening, and the doctor refused to let me go.

He told me my lungs were filling with fluids and they had to start treatment immediately. I didn't realize how serious the sickness was until when in the doctor's office I tried to stand up but quickly collapsed.

The treatment didn't make me feel better, I eventually stopped breathing and was placed on oxygen. Was on oxygen for 5 days. In the end, testing showed I was attacked by a very aggressive strain of pneumonia and lost 70% of my lung function.

My uncle lived about 15 minutes away from the hospital but he never came to check me.

I'm your biggest fan.It's a crazy path you've walked up until now. You earned my respect. Keep the faith and trust your processes will lead you to light at the end of your tunnel.

I'm rooting for you.

5 Likes

Re: Tough Life by majorSLEEK(m): 8:39pm On Oct 05, 2018
Ishilove:
Of all the things you could have typed, this is the best you could come up with?

Even if it is an untrue story, does it matter? Someone is seemingly suicidal, and you couldn't the least encourage him to persevere.

9 Likes

Re: Tough Life by Ishilove: 8:45pm On Oct 05, 2018
Eketem:

You guys need to stop with always accusing people who seek help, ask questions first and if responses don't add up then take it from there, somebody is sharing here probably as a last resort and you have sent him off to do God knows what
I'm not going to apologise for being sceptical in a forum where 8 out of 10 'cry for help' have turned out to be scams.
Re: Tough Life by tabithababy(f): 8:53pm On Oct 05, 2018

shocked shocked

Bravo kiss
Re: Tough Life by ifyalways(f): 10:40pm On Oct 05, 2018
Ikeja mall was opened for business in 2011, Mid December if my memory serves me right.

OP claims he started working at the KFC outlet in that mall in 2010.

*Yawns* More tori please . . . It's weekend , we need sob stories to unwind cheesy

4 Likes

Re: Tough Life by ifyalways(f): 10:41pm On Oct 05, 2018

Re: Tough Life by MadHeadLeft2: 11:44pm On Oct 05, 2018
In a much better place right now.

2 Likes

Re: Tough Life by MadHeadLeft2: 11:50pm On Oct 05, 2018
i need to go to yaba. these days I hear too many voices. my heart always feels like it is going to explode.
Re: Tough Life by MadHeadLeft2: 11:55pm On Oct 05, 2018
Things have improved.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Tough Life by MadHeadLeft2: 11:57pm On Oct 05, 2018

1 Like

Re: Tough Life by MadHeadLeft2: 12:03am On Oct 06, 2018
i remember one day when i was working with airduct, the company that installed the hvac system at ICM. I was sent to work at the roof, but my boss asked me to stay back.

that evening, the older man who was sent in my stead missed a few steps and lost his footing on the scaffolding. The safety belt restrained his he hit his head akwardly on something while he tumbled and cracked his skull.

my boss then made me boil an egg.
Re: Tough Life by MadHeadLeft2: 12:11am On Oct 06, 2018
Re: Tough Life by MadHeadLeft2: 12:16am On Oct 06, 2018
Ishilove:

I'm not going to apologise for being sceptical in a forum where 8 out of 10 'cry for help' have turned out to be scams.

you are right. many people take advantage of the generosity of others.
Re: Tough Life by Chubhie: 12:22am On Oct 06, 2018
MadHeadLeft2:
is this a pity party? yes.

is this a cry for help, yes?

I swear I do my best. I give my all, but life keeps turning against me at every turn. I am not a bad person, everywhere i go people like me. i respect old and young. i work in my community, but i am not a churchgoer.

severe hardship made me abandon church.

if i had a church where i attended i would at least know a few people i can reach out to for help, but i am a loner. I belong to no groups.

i became a hermit just so i could protect myself from the vagaries of life, but even here in my own little corner of the world where i am trying to beat my own path, life refuses to stop shaking me like a ragdoll.

What is the point of it all?? i mean this human existence.

Be my friend.

5 Likes

Re: Tough Life by MadHeadLeft2: 12:24am On Oct 06, 2018
i don't know but please.

I am in egbeda and I would appreciate anyone who can help me with foodstuffs. i swear to god i need help right now. i can come to meet you if you are close to egbeda. maybe if you are the mood you can share one or two insights with me.

i am so sorry for disturbing everyone here. please forgive me. so sorry

1 Like

Re: Tough Life by MadHeadLeft2: 12:26am On Oct 06, 2018
Eketem:

i shouldn't have left, but i was deeply disturbed by the skepticism I encountered. so sorry. i will write out everything here. at the very least somebody can read and maybe visualize life in another person's shoes.
Re: Tough Life by MadHeadLeft2: 12:41am On Oct 06, 2018
Chubhie:

I'm your biggest fan.It's a crazy path you've walked up until now. You earned my respect. Keep the faith and trust your processes will lead you to light at the end of your tunnel.

I'm rooting for you.

thank you so much. mean a lot to me
Re: Tough Life by MadHeadLeft2: 12:44am On Oct 06, 2018
Chubhie:

Be my friend.

thank you boss.
Re: Tough Life by presentley: 1:55am On Oct 06, 2018
MadHeadLeft2:
i don't know but please, i have nothing to eat.

I am in egbeda and I would appreciate anyone who can help me with foodstuffs. i swear to god i need help right now. i can come to meet you if you are close to egbeda. maybe if you are the mood you can share one or two insights with me.

i am so sorry for disturbing everyone here. please forgive me. so sorry
It is well. Have you no older siblings? Where are they?I'll send you a token(send acct details here) so you could@least go buy something to eat when the day breaks. You write so well by the way

2 Likes

Re: Tough Life by frozen70(f): 4:13am On Oct 06, 2018
MadHeadLeft2:
i need to go to yaba. these days I hear too many voices. my heart always feels like it is going to explode.

You can't fight your depression alone

Your mother is still alive, why not take a trip and visit her and let her know all what you are passing through

Your problem is psychological and only good people around you can understand how you feel

If you don't get help quickly , you will not die but might end up roaming the street endlessly

1 Like

Re: Tough Life by Chubhie: 6:35am On Oct 06, 2018
MadHeadLeft2:

thank you so much. mean a lot to me
All your prior experiences have carried you to a fantastic position you are currently on now. You've battled through challenges and obstacles like Ronaldiho and danced through it all.

You've now arrived one on one in the penalty box with only the keeper to beat and you wanna give up? What da f*** I understand all the hits you took are telling on the mind body. You've got to see this out bro and then create the future you truly deserve.

Your antecedents clearly points you to something huge. You've earned this right so no external force can stop your home run only you.

You hear voices and concluded you mad? Now, 90% of all thoughts are not ours. Understand this movement, reprogram and take full control of your mind by selecting only the best possible thoughts. This where I offer you my friendship.

You must heal, forgive and then learn how to love. Don't take it personal with anyone that ever led you through this path. You own them all the love for the man you are becoming.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tough Life by Eketem: 6:49am On Oct 06, 2018
MadHeadLeft2:

i shouldn't have left, but i was deeply disturbed by the skepticism I encountered. so sorry. i will write out everything here. at the very least somebody can read and maybe visualize life in another person's shoes.

I really understand, I am also going through a very tough time too, was doing a little better till two people did something I normally wouldn't even think about then I had a flash back it all came back to me and I was actually suicidal, I just wanted to end it all, this was just a day ago but unlike you I have a supportive family who I can always talk to, cry with and share my pain.

I really understand how it feels to have nobody at all, I don't know what to say, I am not in Lagos, I cannot offer much help, I really hope you find help or you have a journal here so you can share your pain or daily experience, I promise as long as I am still here, I will read daily and offer e support. Life is very difficult, Life in Nigeria is more difficult, no systems, it is very easy to break no matter how strong you are.

Most people talking down or being harsh may have never experienced hard situations so understand that their default is to disbelieve anybody saying this it is not about you.

5 Likes

Re: Tough Life by ifyalways(f): 7:28am On Oct 06, 2018
MadHeadLeft2:

i meant no harm. i just wanted to share my story with people.

my memory is very bad. i forget things easily.

and yes you're correct. ICM opened for business December 14th 2011.
Rada rada. Abeg face your audience and serenade them with your stories. It's very convienent for you to forget things and oh, I noticed a quick Google search actually have the exact date of the opening of ikeja mall.

You said KFC spent over 500K on your treatment right? The mall opened late 2011, by 2012 KFC spent over 500K on a staff medical bill. . . When I burst that lie now you will come up with another story.

You have a willing audience, face them jeje and enjoy . smiley Sinestroo was a better writer by the way.

6 Likes

Re: Tough Life by Eketem: 8:12am On Oct 06, 2018
ifyalways:

Rada rada. Abeg face your audience and serenade them with your stories. It's very convienent for you to forget things and oh, I noticed a quick Google search actually have the exact date of the opening of ikeja mall.

You said KFC spent over 500K on your treatment right? The mall opened late 2011, by 2012 KFC spent over 500K on a staff medical bill. . . When I burst that lie now you will come up with another story.

You have a willing audience, face them jeje and enjoy . smiley Sinestroo was a better writer by the way.

While it is good that you always have your detective cap on, it will help if you ask questions to clear your doubts and wait for a response instead of concluding it is a scam and all responses are lies.

You left the other issue with the lady seeking help with a tailoring machine despite the fact that her stories all over the years have been consistent, you made her loose any opportunity of getting help as you claimed you sent money and she said she didn't get any, no opportunity to even check if it was some mistake, your declaration is enough to declare her a scam even though from her history for years now her life has been he'll and she only asked for help.

While it is good to always bring out the truth and protect people from scammers the way you conclude is not always fair and when you taunt people and they finally prove themselves you hardly apologise.

Life is not like this oh, no matter how solid we stand life can always put us in tight situations.

18 Likes

Re: Tough Life by ifyalways(f): 8:17am On Oct 06, 2018
@OP, Please when you come online, kindly confirm the year KFC took you to and cleared your 550, 480 ngn hospital bills. smiley

Or you can ignore and continue your story. smiley

4 Likes

Re: Tough Life by Nobody: 8:41am On Oct 06, 2018
@presently I advice you tell the op to drop his account number here cos anyone can call or message you and claim to be the Op.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

These Is Breaking Me,i Need Someone To Talk To!!! / My Husband Impregnated Two Women And Fled To Spain / A Love Affair To (not) Remember

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.