Stats: 3,153,332 members, 7,819,137 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:46 AM

Iran President’s Comments In Nigeria Cause Stir At Un - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Iran President’s Comments In Nigeria Cause Stir At Un (1070 Views)

Alaafin Of Oyo & His Wives Cause A Stir At Abuja Airport (photos) / Akinwunmi Ambode Causes A Stir At The Malls / Buhari, Sylva Campaign Posters Cause Stir In Bayelsa (2) (3) (4)

Iran President’s Comments In Nigeria Cause Stir At Un by funmi2010: 1:01pm On Jul 11, 2010
There are apprehensions within the United Nations diplomatic circles over the Iran President‘s denunciation of a UN Security Council resolution against her nuclear programme in Nigeria, Empowered Newswire has gathered.

Iran in its nuclear programme against the US and the UN was said to have targeted Nigeria in a subtle diplomatic offensive aimed to restrain the growing international groundswell against the Moslem nation.

A senior UN diplomat hinted during the week as the Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad joined other CD4 countries in Nigeria that the visit rubbed-off negatively on Nigeria and its president.

Nigeria had earlier last month joined 12 other countries in the Security Council to pass sanctions against the Iranian nuclear programme with Turkey and Brazil opposing the initiative.

Ahmadinejad had in Abuja attacked the resolution to impose sanction on his country, saying the action could not deter Iran from pursuing her interest in nuclear energy.

Incidentially, Nigeria is not only the current president of the council, but had also voted in favour of the resolution.

The Iranian leader said, ”The Western nations have committed acts of plundering of the economies of the world.”

All three African nations on the Council – Nigeria, Uganda and Gabon – voted against Iran.

While voting, Nigeria had urged Iran to open up her programme to international inspectors to douse the fear that she was not building a nuclear weapon.

But last week‘s visit of Ahmadinejad to Nigeria had generated heated reactions with diplomats expressing regret on the hosting.

The US President Barack Obama on Thursday, said, ”It is unacceptable for Iran to possess a nuclear weapon. We are going to do everything we can to prevent that from happening.

“They (Iran) are the only country that has not been able to convince the International Atomic Energy Agency that they are pursuing nuclear power for peaceful means

”We just pursued the toughest sanctions that have ever been applied against the Iranian government. Allies and partners are following up with those sanctions.”
Re: Iran President’s Comments In Nigeria Cause Stir At Un by Acidosis(m): 1:28pm On Jul 11, 2010
All these satanic demons believe they can make it to their evil destination by killing and destroying people of different faith. If not for their paradoxical ignorance, how can they expect a good and enjoyable end after causing conflict, crisis & war among nations.
Only God knows what he had in mind before coming to Nigeria.
Re: Iran President’s Comments In Nigeria Cause Stir At Un by na2day(m): 5:45pm On Jul 11, 2010
i've said it b4, jonathan is an i.d.i.ot for not reading btw the lines, imagine voting against iranian nuclear program and at thesame time welcomin their president into nigeria thereby allowing him to score a point! u dont need a rocket scientist (no pun intended) to tell u that i'm-a-diner-jack is goin about lookin for countries that'll be sympathetic to their cause.
i hope we dont regret this uselless visit when us turn up the heat on us!
Re: Iran President’s Comments In Nigeria Cause Stir At Un by hakanai(m): 5:15pm On Jul 12, 2010
Typical of some myopic Nigerians undecided.butt leaking! kiss I am sure we voted against Iran because of some selfish tip for our leaders courtesy US and co .not because of a plus to diplomatic and international gain as it affects Africa or African Nations.About those who said Mahmud Ahmed can't come,i say take your thoughts else where.if Bush and Blair can come,as controversial.even when they are both investigated for screw ups in there countries.so can he.He is very welcome and he has likely supporters too.I should say if some people think hard they will know what Jonathan did is okay.We can't go against Iran or western countries that want his head.moderation and neutrality has always kept it plain and simple for us.You can imagine if both decide to use Nigeria as an influence zone considering our comatose intelligence unit, we are done.US can't save Iraq from Iranian influence is an example.despite all efforts US has only created a platform for the iranians to establish political presence that was never there during saddem.But with a good leader,like GJ cool he could ride them both to our advantage wink.while keeping both at bay.
Re: Iran President’s Comments In Nigeria Cause Stir At Un by chuxy12(m): 11:28pm On Jul 12, 2010
truth be said, i fear the way this man is going. i pray he wont plunge this world into unnecessary crisis. i no blame sha na the oil wey dem get they shak am!
Re: Iran President’s Comments In Nigeria Cause Stir At Un by One11: 11:58pm On Jul 12, 2010
haka_nai:

Typical of some myopic Nigerians undecided.butt leaking! kiss I am sure we voted against Iran because of some selfish tip for our leaders courtesy US and co .not because of a plus to diplomatic and international gain as it affects Africa or African Nations.About those who said Mahmud Ahmed can't come,i say take your thoughts else where.if Bush and Blair can come,as controversial.even when they are both investigated for screw ups in there countries.so can he.He is very welcome and he has likely supporters too.I should say if some people think hard they will know what Jonathan did is okay.We can't go against Iran or western countries that want his head.moderation and neutrality has always kept it plain and simple for us.You can imagine if both decide to use Nigeria as an influence zone considering our comatose intelligence unit, we are done.US can't save Iraq from Iranian influence is an example.despite all efforts US has only created a platform for the iranians to establish political presence that was never there during saddem.But with a good leader,like GJ cool he could ride them both to our advantage wink.while keeping both at bay.

Thank U. I don't see why these people can't reason and make sense. So because the U.S. doesn't like the man it means nigeria should not allow him to enter nigeria?? The U.S. is looking for control over nigeria and it is every African country. Getting linked with the Iranian president will cut off the U.S. control and it the say time "ride them both to our advantage wink.while keeping both at bay".

Its about time African countries learn to start USING and stop FRIEND SEEKING!
Re: Iran President’s Comments In Nigeria Cause Stir At Un by Nobody: 12:02am On Jul 13, 2010
haka_nai:

If you werent myopic yourself i'd beg to ask, what is the economic significance of Nigeria's relationship with Iran?

. / Kidnapping Is The Last Resort Of Frustrated Nigerian Youths / World Bank Slams Nigerian Banks Over Poor Lending To Real Sector