Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,097 members, 7,811,080 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 10:48 PM

Why I Met Buhari In Private — Pius Anyim - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why I Met Buhari In Private — Pius Anyim (22125 Views)

When Tinubu And Amaechi Met Buhari Yesterday (pictures) / Youths Destroy Pius Anyim's Statue In Ebonyi State (Photo) / See What Kano Governor Ganduje Did As He Met Buhari: Photo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why I Met Buhari In Private — Pius Anyim by Agritech(m): 11:28am On Oct 06, 2018
Pius Anyim has said his relationship with President Muhammadu Buhari transcends partisan politics and should not be seen as a prelude to his defection to the All Progressives Congress.

“My friendship with President Buhari transcends politics,” the former Senate President told PREMIUM TIMES by telephone Friday night.

Mr Anyim met with Mr Buhari in camera on Friday afternoon, an unusual and unexpected mingling in which many are already seeing a political undertone.

Similar visits by politicians who were not previously aligned with Mr Buhari often resulted in them defecting to his All Progressives Congress (APC).

Perhaps the biggest and most recent of such realignments came on August 8 when Godswill Akpabio, a PDP stalwart, moved to the APC.

Prior to the move, Mr Akpabio held talks with Mr Buhari, and later with other APC leaders, behind closed doors.

Mr Anyim was also once questioned by the anti-graft EFCC, but detectives did not immediately say whether they found anything incriminating he did while in office and no charges were filed.

Some politicians have been accused of moving to the APC to escape EFCC prosecution, but Mr Anyim assured that he was not joining the APC under any immediate circumstances.

“The idea that I met with the president to lay the groundwork for my defection does not arise at all,” he emphasised.

“I have been friends with the president for a long time and I will continue to be for a long time,” Mr Anyim added. “We can be friends without aligning politically.”

Mr Anyim said he had arrived in Port-Harcourt for the PDP national convention on Saturday.

“I came into Port-Harcourt this evening to participate in our national convention tomorrow,” he said.

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/top-news/288637-why-i-met-buhari-in-private-pius-anyim.html

3 Likes

Re: Why I Met Buhari In Private — Pius Anyim by EmekaMD(m): 11:31am On Oct 06, 2018
Anyim understands the gist..
He wants his sins to be washed away with the blood of APC..

Once you're in APC, ur sins are washed away and you're a new creature..

This is the kind of intergrity Bubu represents..

36 Likes

Re: Why I Met Buhari In Private — Pius Anyim by ojietu: 11:33am On Oct 06, 2018
Na so e de start.
We are watching

9 Likes

Re: Why I Met Buhari In Private — Pius Anyim by Almaiga: 11:33am On Oct 06, 2018
Anyim is a true Son of his Father, a true Igbo Man and a Patriot.
This will pain Biafrans Sha. grin

Biafrans right now. grin grin grin

16 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Why I Met Buhari In Private — Pius Anyim by CROWNWEALTH019(m): 11:36am On Oct 06, 2018
grin
Re: Why I Met Buhari In Private — Pius Anyim by BeardedMeat(m): 11:37am On Oct 06, 2018
Anyim should actually be in APC. He has zero political capital.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why I Met Buhari In Private — Pius Anyim by apriko(m): 11:38am On Oct 06, 2018
Betrayals.........jux one little file opened,he has accepted the winch craft broom

15 Likes

Re: Why I Met Buhari In Private — Pius Anyim by BeardedMeat(m): 11:39am On Oct 06, 2018
Almaiga:

This one has already started asslicking Anyim in expectation of Anyim becoming a "saint" shocked

25 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why I Met Buhari In Private — Pius Anyim by xbernardx(m): 11:39am On Oct 06, 2018
Politics is a game of interests, that is why America believes only in allies with common interest

1 Like

Re: Why I Met Buhari In Private — Pius Anyim by modath(f): 11:40am On Oct 06, 2018
[img][/img] ki

“I have been friends with the president for a long time and I will continue to be for a long time,” Mr Anyim added. “We can be friends without aligning politically.”

Unfortunately not with our Naija winner takes all kind of brutal politicking, maturity & tolerance ? No way...

However time will tell where all of this is headed...

5 Likes

Re: Why I Met Buhari In Private — Pius Anyim by Almaiga: 11:42am On Oct 06, 2018
BeardedMeat:
This one has already started asslicking Anyim in expectation of Anyim becoming a "saint" shocked

Pained Biafran spotted. grin grin

14 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why I Met Buhari In Private — Pius Anyim by modath(f): 11:43am On Oct 06, 2018
apriko:
Betrayals.........jux one little file opened,he has accepted the winch craft broom

2015 beatdown still that painful? Haba,clean your tears ojare.Even Jona no shoes & his entire lineage+people have moved on...

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why I Met Buhari In Private — Pius Anyim by futuregovernor: 11:43am On Oct 06, 2018
Almaiga:

Oga go look for work first

3 Likes

Re: Why I Met Buhari In Private — Pius Anyim by hisgrace090: 11:47am On Oct 06, 2018
Naija mentality!!?

So anyone that come close to the president want to become his party man, what an irrational way of thinking?
Re: Why I Met Buhari In Private — Pius Anyim by Almaiga: 11:52am On Oct 06, 2018
futuregovernor:
Oga go look for work first

Who be this Lazy youth?

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why I Met Buhari In Private — Pius Anyim by MyVILLAGEpeople(m): 11:58am On Oct 06, 2018
A man without political clout even in his Street, talk less of his senatorial district or State. mtcheeew.
Re: Why I Met Buhari In Private — Pius Anyim by princestars(m): 12:00pm On Oct 06, 2018
Ok ohhh
Re: Why I Met Buhari In Private — Pius Anyim by NotNairalandi(m): 12:01pm On Oct 06, 2018
Politics is a game of selfish interest.. Believe it or not!
Re: Why I Met Buhari In Private — Pius Anyim by Splasshhh(f): 12:01pm On Oct 06, 2018
Re: Why I Met Buhari In Private — Pius Anyim by Nobody: 12:01pm On Oct 06, 2018
From umahi to anyim, all caliphate worshippers.

Ebonyi over to apc.

2 Likes

Re: Why I Met Buhari In Private — Pius Anyim by timsucess(m): 12:02pm On Oct 06, 2018
MyVILLAGEpeople:
A man without political clout even in his Street, talk less of his senatorial district or State. mtcheeew.

say what you know

1 Like

Re: Why I Met Buhari In Private — Pius Anyim by israelmao(m): 12:03pm On Oct 06, 2018
Your business.
Re: Why I Met Buhari In Private — Pius Anyim by excomarow(m): 12:03pm On Oct 06, 2018
S
Re: Why I Met Buhari In Private — Pius Anyim by MyVILLAGEpeople(m): 12:05pm On Oct 06, 2018
timsucess:

say what you know
gringrin
Ayim doesn't have any political clout in the East and u know that.
Re: Why I Met Buhari In Private — Pius Anyim by Gboy101: 12:05pm On Oct 06, 2018
...PDP need to be watchful of this man. he might be the mole APC want to set into their mist as a spy to leak their secret.
Re: Why I Met Buhari In Private — Pius Anyim by tegrianonigltd(m): 12:09pm On Oct 06, 2018
EmekaMD:
Anyim understands the gist..
He wants his sins to be washed away with the blood of APC..

Once you're in APC, ur sins are washed away and you're a new creature..

This is the kind of intergrity Bubu represents..

APC na Jesus of Nigeria, run unto it all ye that labor and sorrow I will give you rest
Re: Why I Met Buhari In Private — Pius Anyim by Bar1941(m): 12:09pm On Oct 06, 2018
Online IPOB warriors will crucify him for such meeting.

2 Likes

Re: Why I Met Buhari In Private — Pius Anyim by timsucess(m): 12:09pm On Oct 06, 2018
MyVILLAGEpeople:

gringrin
Ayim doesn't have any political clout in the East and u know that.
I think you are not informed then u are deformed

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Sowore Won’t Be Released Until Due Process Is Followed – DSS / Herman Hembe Dumps APC For PDP (Photos) / Moghalu’s YPP, Fela Durotoye’s ANN Form Alliance, ‘the Force’

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.