Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,831 members, 7,820,913 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 02:23 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 - Travel (121) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 (868431 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (118) (119) (120) (121) (122) (123) (124) ... (546) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by OOAAD: 11:22am On Nov 28, 2018
Congratulations! God be praised

ManTiger:

Congrats, more of this news.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Lenta(f): 11:46am On Nov 28, 2018
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Gymme(m): 11:48am On Nov 28, 2018
What do you want to know about UNBC?

Osasalfred44:
Please anyone gained admission to unbc here?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Adegbideen: 11:48am On Nov 28, 2018
Good day house
Please is there any September applicant who hasn't gotten yet from cic?
I applied on d 21st, eligibility review started last week
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Gymme(m): 11:59am On Nov 28, 2018
It's advisable to apply for OPEN WORK PERMIT for your spouse instead of Visiting visa. Hence, your TRV or Study permit (when you arrive Canada) may be used in lieu of invitation letter.

Lenta:
Hello everyone.

I am trying to quickly submit visa applications for my spouse and son. I am submitting a visiting visa for my spouse and a study permit for my son. I have a couple of questions regarding the forms for both categories.

1) For my spouse visiting visa, what should I use in place of "invitation letter"? Am I supposed to attach a copy of my passport request or a copy of my student visa?

2) For my son's study permit, how do I go about the issue of "acceptance letter" as he doesn't have any such letter? Am I supposed to fill in the name of my school, tuition etc?

Please house, I would appreciate all the help, advice and recommendation I can get. @goingforward @jnyuwa02 @frankrobbn1 @canadabyfire @lagos2canna and all other experts in the house.

P.S. @blaugrana82 I didn't see your message.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Temiy: 12:13pm On Nov 28, 2018
hello all Canadian aspiring students I was once on this thread in 2016 when I was waiting for my visa and needed information that's why I taught of making a video on things I did not see here as at that time that can help student transition into Canada properly
titled 5 THINGS YOU NEED TO KNOW BEFORE COMING TO CANADA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y7RJhSbakCo
WISH YOU ALL THE BEST

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by sopho: 12:26pm On Nov 28, 2018
MY TIMELINE
MY APPLICATION WAS HANDLED BY KEYSTYLE LEARNING(EDUCATION AGENCY) AT FESTAC LAGOS .
I am not resident in Lagos
I visited Lagos couple of times during the application process from my base (IMO STATE)
Submitted Online Application : 5 July 2018
Medicals : Did upfront Medicals
Biometrics : 17th July 2018
My sponsor is my step Brother. Mum gave birth to him and the husband died later those days and she(my mother) later remarried. So I and my sponsor bears different surnames .
Academic Qualification: Bsc ( Government and Public Administration: 2nd Class Upper Division) CGPA=3.8

SCHOOL APPLIED : ACSENDA SCHOOL OF MANAGEMENT, VANCOUVER, BRITISH COLUMBIA CANADA,

COURSE: HUMAN RESOURCE MANAGEMENT (PGD)

Submitted Docs:
SOP
School Admission Letter and Acceptance letter
Proof of Tution payment
Sponsor’s Statement of Account(Balance of 100 Million)
Sponsor’s Affidavit of Sponsorship
Sponsor’s Affidavit of Relationship(showing we have this same mother)
Sponsor’s Company Letter Head
Post Study Employment Offer Letter : To return to Nigerian after studies and work in my my Step Brother’s Company here in Nigeria
Sponsor’s Certificate of Incorporation
Submitted Pictures of me and my pregnant fiancée as was directed by the Education Agency that handled my Application.
Part of the Tuition fee was paid from my account .
Travel History: Zero
Employment: it stated that I work at my Step brother’s company Voluntarily.
I have not been officially employed or worked officially since I finished school in 2011 . May be because I prefer to do business and earn and make my money instead of waiting for salary.

No Landed property’s Documents .
Eligibility Status did not change till October 10th
I got a refusal letter yesterday 27th November 2018.

Please throw more light on my timeline and educate me on what to do
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by imoriafe: 12:38pm On Nov 28, 2018
November applicants say hi
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Qtip: 12:40pm On Nov 28, 2018
Adegbideen:
Good day house
Please is there any September applicant who hasn't gotten yet from cic?
I applied on d 21st, eligibility review started last week

I applied since June. Still on eligibility review!!!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Qudkom(m): 12:47pm On Nov 28, 2018
[quote author=sopho post=73376517]
Wow there are so many things wrong with this application:
1. The relationship with your sponsor wasn't well established.
2. you have no work experience similar to that of an human resource manager I mean you dont even have proof of employment or running a business
3. there isn't any proof that you've been doing anything since 2011
4. how can you attach a picture of you "pregnant"with your fiancee. thats a red flag.
5. You buried all your home ties by claiming you have someone to offer you a job in canada after studies.

If you applied through the express entry route coupled with the offer or employment in canada then maybe you'd have had a good chance.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Qtip: 12:49pm On Nov 28, 2018
Hello house,

How do I reach CIC London/Nigeria via phone call I’m tired of this unnecessary wait since June. I just don’t even understand it, they are quick to respond to those who fool them and want to run away to Canada but are so slow to those who will definitely return. If not that my husband insists on Toronto because we have a place there, I won’t even bother with this. It’s even worse when some people had waited for so long only to get a refusal letter. They don’t even reply to messages.
I will call them to blast them because I’m tired so someone please give me their number.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by sopho: 12:52pm On Nov 28, 2018
The proposed Job offer after my studies in Canada was here in Nigeria [quote author=Qudkom post=73377118][/quote]
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by ositexmich(m): 1:05pm On Nov 28, 2018
I am new here. Pls I need directions on how to get a Canadian visa(cheapest means). I intend to go for hustling Or studying and working. I have 4.32/5.0 in Industrial Mathematics. I kindly seek for guidance (scholarship options are also welcome). Thanks immensely.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Tlontin(m): 1:07pm On Nov 28, 2018
My wes is completed and sent through the standard delivery..please can I track it? Is it going to be dropped at the address or post office closer?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by makano: 1:12pm On Nov 28, 2018
234-1-2715650 and 234-1-2725651. Thats the Lagos office numbers. Please blast them politely. grin
Qtip:
Hello house,

How do I reach CIC London/Nigeria via phone call I’m tired of this unnecessary wait since June. I just don’t even understand it, they are quick to respond to those who fool them and want to run away to Canada but are so slow to those who will definitely return. If not that my husband insists on Toronto because we have a place there, I won’t even bother with this. It’s even worse when some people had waited for so long only to get a refusal letter. They don’t even reply to messages.
I will call them to blast them because I’m tired so someone please give me their number.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by prety247: 1:26pm On Nov 28, 2018
Temiy:
hello all Canadian aspiring students I was once on this thread in 2016 when I was waiting for my visa and needed information that's why I taught of making a video on things I did not see here as at that time that can help student transition into Canada properly
titled 5 THINGS YOU NEED TO KNOW BEFORE COMING TO CANADA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y7RJhSbakCo
WISH YOU ALL THE BEST

Nice one tnks alot dear
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by alftdbts: 1:33pm On Nov 28, 2018
I guess I'm just gonna order my gcms notes now. Still in the dark about application aka active processing, aka July applicant, aka background processing. God dey sha.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by OOAAD: 1:33pm On Nov 28, 2018
Hello House,

Please where can documents be notarized in lagos?
Thank you
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Nonso16(m): 1:42pm On Nov 28, 2018
imoriafe:
November applicants say hi

We dey here oh, What date did you apply?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Tnablack(f): 2:10pm On Nov 28, 2018
I will advise that you first get your login details from the educational agency, change password and have sole access to your account.

Write the school of your interest to reapply for your study permit ad demand for a deferment.

Let them know you are solely responsible for any transaction with them and your services with your representative and 3rd party has been withdrawn.

All the best.

sopho:
Please kindly guide me through or enlighten me more on how to go about the GCMS NOTE and also how can I get my refund from the school because it’s the Education Agency that handles the Application. Will the school send the money directly to my account as the school feel was paid from my account then. Because am scared that the Education Agency might be funny and beginti to request for my Yuri toon refund without my knowledge somplease twll me what to do on this:
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Tnablack(f): 2:24pm On Nov 28, 2018
You need to address what you have been doing since 2011.

That is a long study gap.

If you were doing business, show evidence of the businesses you were involved in.

sopho:
MY TIMELINE
MY APPLICATION WAS HANDLED BY KEYSTYLE LEARNING(EDUCATION AGENCY) AT FESTAC LAGOS .
I am not resident in Lagos
I visited Lagos couple of times during the application process from my base (IMO STATE)
Submitted Online Application : 5 July 2018
Medicals : Did upfront Medicals
Biometrics : 17th July 2018
My sponsor is my step Brother. Mum gave birth to him and the husband died later those days and she(my mother) later remarried. So I and my sponsor bears different surnames .
Academic Qualification: Bsc ( Government and Public Administration: 2nd Class Upper Division) CGPA=3.8

SCHOOL APPLIED : ACSENDA SCHOOL OF MANAGEMENT, VANCOUVER, BRITISH COLUMBIA CANADA,

COURSE: HUMAN RESOURCE MANAGEMENT (PGD)

Submitted Docs:
SOP
School Admission Letter and Acceptance letter
Proof of Tution payment
Sponsor’s Statement of Account(Balance of 100 Million)
Sponsor’s Affidavit of Sponsorship
Sponsor’s Affidavit of Relationship(showing we have this same mother)
Sponsor’s Company Letter Head
Post Study Employment Offer Letter : To return to Nigerian after studies and work in my my Step Brother’s Company here in Nigeria
Sponsor’s Certificate of Incorporation
Submitted Pictures of me and my pregnant fiancée as was directed by the Education Agency that handled my Application.
Part of the Tuition fee was paid from my account .
Travel History: Zero
Employment: it stated that I work at my Step brother’s company Voluntarily.
I have not been officially employed or worked officially since I finished school in 2011 . May be because I prefer to do business and earn and make my money instead of waiting for salary.

No Landed property’s Documents .
Eligibility Status did not change till October 10th
I got a refusal letter yesterday 27th November 2018.

Please throw more light on my timeline and educate me on what to do
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Tnablack(f): 2:26pm On Nov 28, 2018
Lol aka the most patience creatures.

We die here

alftdbts:
I guess I'm just gonna order my gcms notes now. Still in the dark about application aka active processing, aka July applicant, aka background processing. God dey sha.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Qtip: 3:18pm On Nov 28, 2018
makano:
234-1-2715650 and 234-1-2725651. Thats the Lagos office numbers. Please blast them politely. grin

Thanks...tried to call them but “extension is unavailable”.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Josh1996: 3:18pm On Nov 28, 2018
Good afternoon bosses,
I have full funding to a university in Canada. The funding covers my tuition and living expenses with 2k CAD change. My issue is my uncle intends standing as sponsor for me with his chambers (law firm) fixed deposit account of 3.2m and a rental property. Will this slide. I need opinions. Note he's standing as a sponsor to take care of just my flight itineraries and miscellaneous expensess during the course of my studies
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Osasalfred44: 3:33pm On Nov 28, 2018
Gymme:
What do you want to know about UNBC?

I recently applied to unbc, wanted to know about their tuition and living expenses there
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by omolorlarh: 3:45pm On Nov 28, 2018
Josh1996:
Good afternoon bosses,
I have full funding to a university in Canada. The funding covers my tuition and living expenses with 2k CAD change. My issue is my uncle intends standing as sponsor for me with his chambers (law firm) fixed deposit account of 3.2m and a rental property. Will this slide. I need opinions. Note he's standing as a sponsor to take care of just my flight itineraries and miscellaneous expensess during the course of my studies
What school please.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Canterbury: 3:56pm On Nov 28, 2018
Please house am applying to lambton collage but the I am just confused on the processes especially the documents to upload how to go about it. Please someone should guide me
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Canterbury: 3:59pm On Nov 28, 2018
Canterbury:
Good morning house, please I new here and i need help. I have a PGD with a great cgpa (4.0) in Industrial chemistry, last year I tried applying for masters in Canny but I was asked to first find a professor that will supervise me I wrote to more than 15 of the people in my area of choice not even one replied, once they see I am from Nigeria (my guess though).

So this yea I decided to go for certificate program two years Pharmacy technician, with this I can start as a secondary school leaver. (But in my case as a mature student). Now these are my questions.

1. In the first pages of the application I indicated that I have a PGD which means I am not a just a high school student. Will this be an issue in giving me admission?

2. I was asked to upload my notarized documents, but we all know no school in Nigeria will give a student transcript directly, how do I do this please?

3. I am applying to Ontario collages, I want to apply to 3 or 4 to raise my chances please who has a suggestion for me, that's regarding collages that are open for international students. (I am currently on Lambton collage.

4. Please who is applying or has gone through this process that can help.

5. Are their agents that give these kind of services I can use, maybe in Nigeria or in Canada.

6. If I should go for a masters in Chemistry which school can take me with me needing to get a supervisor first before admission

#please treat as a matter of urgency, thanks in advance

Someone should help me with this abeg.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Kendrick213: 4:06pm On Nov 28, 2018
Tnablack:
Lol aka the most patience creatures.

We die here

Aka endurance trekking...aka patient dogs ...aka the unsolids
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by jnyuwa02: 4:56pm On Nov 28, 2018
Qtip:

Thanks...tried to call them but “extension is unavailable”.

Holy Ghost fire! They will hear an ear full lambasting! Lol.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Justobserving1: 5:00pm On Nov 28, 2018
Hi Everybody,
So my eligibility review started today, then I got a correspondence letter for my biometrics validity. Please what does it mean?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Austacus: 5:02pm On Nov 28, 2018
Qtip:
Hello house,

One bad thing about Nigerians is, they don’t mind their business

Biko why would you say such rubbish? (bolded)
You sound more like a snitch.
We all have different goals in life
So please go and drink enough water

I have a brother in Winnipeg, he graduated (under g) he came back to the country but he couldn’t adapt in Nigeria cause of the stress, baba ran back in two weeks... he’s doing pretty well, working in an insurance company
So my brother fooled IRCC? Abeg waka pass
You just dey yan balls

Mind you, what made you think IRCC didn’t know 99.9% of Nigerians are not coming back to their home country

Abeg waka pass and take your frustration elsewhere
Stop hating!!!!!

8 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (118) (119) (120) (121) (122) (123) (124) ... (546)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 / Lets Talk About Estonia / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.