Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,542 members, 7,816,314 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:24 AM

PDP Convention: Lawmakers Back Saraki As Presidential Candidate - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / PDP Convention: Lawmakers Back Saraki As Presidential Candidate (32804 Views)

PDP: Plans To Bring Saraki As Chairman Suffer Setback / Edo 2020: Yekini Idiaye, 16 Other Lawmakers Back Ize-Iyamu / Crowd Welcomes Bukola Saraki As He Arrives In Nasarawa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

PDP Convention: Lawmakers Back Saraki As Presidential Candidate by OEPHIUS(m): 2:19pm On Oct 06, 2018
PDP Convention: Lawmakers Back Saraki as Presidential Candidate

There is a strong possibility to the effect that Nigeri's Federal Lawmakers have cast their weight behind the President of the Nigerian Senate and Presidential Candidate of the People's Democratic Party, Dr. Abubakar Bukola Saraki, at the ongoing Presidential primaries of the People's Democratic Party,PDP, at Port Harcourt, Rivers State, Nigeria.

A source within the highest ranks of the party who spoke with our correspondent on the condition of anonymity said the lawmakers decided to identify with Saraki as a way of showing solidarity and support for one of their own.

Dr. Saraki who is the President of the 8th Senate is said to have achieved great feats as Leader of the country's highest lawmaking body and that the support he's garnering may not be unconnected to these achievements.

The convention which has no less than 12 candidates jostling for the party's presidential ticket is peacefully progressing at the time of report.

UPDATE:

As at 2:00pm, Dr. Abubakar Bukola Saraki has met with 19 State delegations in the last 12hours. More previously undecided delegates have started pledging their support. #PDPConventionPHC

UPDATE. 3:00pm:

President of the Senate, Dr. Abubakar Bukola Saraki, has just met with the Niger State delegates on the sidelines of #PDPConventionPHC.

http://revue.com.ng/pdp-convention-l…ential-candidate/

5 Likes

Re: PDP Convention: Lawmakers Back Saraki As Presidential Candidate by Righteousness89(m): 2:20pm On Oct 06, 2018
APC won't like this....

58 Likes 4 Shares

Re: PDP Convention: Lawmakers Back Saraki As Presidential Candidate by SolutionMee: 2:22pm On Oct 06, 2018
cheesy

Still counting... Many are on their way running to support our incoming president.

56 Likes 1 Share

Re: PDP Convention: Lawmakers Back Saraki As Presidential Candidate by Mjshexy(f): 2:30pm On Oct 06, 2018
This Saraki is quite a smart guy

112 Likes 8 Shares

Re: PDP Convention: Lawmakers Back Saraki As Presidential Candidate by donness: 2:36pm On Oct 06, 2018
Saraki is the bomb, When we speak they listen!!!!! Gbabe

71 Likes 5 Shares

Re: PDP Convention: Lawmakers Back Saraki As Presidential Candidate by miqos02(m): 2:44pm On Oct 06, 2018
Lol
Re: PDP Convention: Lawmakers Back Saraki As Presidential Candidate by Aufbauh(m): 2:44pm On Oct 06, 2018
I'm praying that this Saraki man will emerge as the PDP flag bearer so that he will receive the beating of his life.

He probably fail to understand the difference between legislative politics and general election politics.

63 Likes 3 Shares

Re: PDP Convention: Lawmakers Back Saraki As Presidential Candidate by GentleMoney: 2:44pm On Oct 06, 2018

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: PDP Convention: Lawmakers Back Saraki As Presidential Candidate by Chisaedhor: 2:44pm On Oct 06, 2018
I no tell ona? grin

10 Likes

Re: PDP Convention: Lawmakers Back Saraki As Presidential Candidate by annnikky(f): 2:44pm On Oct 06, 2018
Lets grow Nigeria together

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: PDP Convention: Lawmakers Back Saraki As Presidential Candidate by Sirheny007(m): 2:45pm On Oct 06, 2018
I dont really care who wins the ticket.
I just want Buhari out.

60 Likes 3 Shares

Re: PDP Convention: Lawmakers Back Saraki As Presidential Candidate by chronique(m): 2:45pm On Oct 06, 2018
Good one. I'm not so much a fan of Saraki and as a matter of fact, I have never been a fan of him. But looking at the situation of things on ground and his wealth of experience in politics,his age and achievements,i think he might just be a sell-able candidate to battle that lifeless,demented thing in aso rock that has divided this country so badly and plunged a vast majority of the populace into unprecedented poverty. A man that never knows when anything goes wrong in the country but is always so quick to claim the achievements of others,as his own. In 2019,it would be a sacrilege for Africa's largest country and economy,to be ruled by a next to walking dead corpse as president. Saraki as of today doesn't have that moral bagage of not being able to travel out of the country due to allegations of corruption like Atiku.

53 Likes 4 Shares

Re: PDP Convention: Lawmakers Back Saraki As Presidential Candidate by FUSS: 2:45pm On Oct 06, 2018
I wish you luck.

1 Like

Re: PDP Convention: Lawmakers Back Saraki As Presidential Candidate by TroubleMaker47(m): 2:45pm On Oct 06, 2018
Lol
APC and Buhari laughing at PDP'S folly in choosing Saraki cheesy
[img]https:///media/3-18-2018/Mgd9b8.gif[/img]
Chai!!

27 Likes 1 Share

Re: PDP Convention: Lawmakers Back Saraki As Presidential Candidate by nams77: 2:45pm On Oct 06, 2018
I will choose the lesser of two evils. I chose saraki

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: PDP Convention: Lawmakers Back Saraki As Presidential Candidate by GavelSlam: 2:45pm On Oct 06, 2018
They should make sure he grabs the ticket.

grin

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: PDP Convention: Lawmakers Back Saraki As Presidential Candidate by Nobody: 2:46pm On Oct 06, 2018
undecided undecided undecided

Same way he grew Kwara abi undecided undecided undecided

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: PDP Convention: Lawmakers Back Saraki As Presidential Candidate by VcStunner(m): 2:47pm On Oct 06, 2018
My man, when you become President I know the first assignment is to clip and shutdown mouth odor and successful grow Nigeria. Saraki is more salable than Atiku and Kwankwaso. I wish them luck.

6 Likes

Re: PDP Convention: Lawmakers Back Saraki As Presidential Candidate by Oblitz(m): 2:47pm On Oct 06, 2018
Smart guy

3 Likes

Re: PDP Convention: Lawmakers Back Saraki As Presidential Candidate by Oloye2019: 2:47pm On Oct 06, 2018
We need to #GrowNigeria!
Anybody against Saraki's candidacy is an enemy of state!

Having said that, whoever emerges from today's presidential primaries has our votes to kick out the current caretakers of Aso Rock Villa.

Follow Person wey Sabi Road!!!

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: PDP Convention: Lawmakers Back Saraki As Presidential Candidate by Gboy101: 2:47pm On Oct 06, 2018
(uk/usa/europe) Foreign Mission Support Favor Saraki.

information reaching us is that the foreign mission have indicated that the Only way the opposition (PDP) will enjoy their massive and full support is if they pick the Senate president Saraki.

saraki is the most smartest of all politicians in Nigeria. watch how he handles buhari. oshiomole is a boy.

saraki might be the biggest threats to buhari and tinubu.

saraki has dethroned IBB as the maradona of politics

oshiomole how far

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: PDP Convention: Lawmakers Back Saraki As Presidential Candidate by annnikky(f): 2:47pm On Oct 06, 2018
Righteousness89:
APC won't like this....
They've given oshio food for next week

3 Likes

Re: PDP Convention: Lawmakers Back Saraki As Presidential Candidate by mn09abk: 2:48pm On Oct 06, 2018
Aufbauh:
I'm praying that this Saraki man will emerge as the PDP flag bearer so that he will receive the beating of his life.
The Kind COMBO no go be here grin

6 Likes

Re: PDP Convention: Lawmakers Back Saraki As Presidential Candidate by ElectroLyte: 2:49pm On Oct 06, 2018
Aufbauh:

He probably fail to understand the difference between legislative politics and general election politics.

Bad Guy

Saraki has forgotten that he is a Gunner and a Gunner as well

6 Likes

Re: PDP Convention: Lawmakers Back Saraki As Presidential Candidate by Hector09(m): 2:49pm On Oct 06, 2018
The different between buhari and all these PDP aspirant is that baba is a killer if nt they are all dsame

5 Likes

Re: PDP Convention: Lawmakers Back Saraki As Presidential Candidate by chuka5000(m): 2:49pm On Oct 06, 2018
honestly If they do a free and farr election, this guy will dwarf buhari by votes

10 Likes

Re: PDP Convention: Lawmakers Back Saraki As Presidential Candidate by abdulyor(m): 2:49pm On Oct 06, 2018
success all the way
Re: PDP Convention: Lawmakers Back Saraki As Presidential Candidate by JegaQuin: 2:50pm On Oct 06, 2018
Righteousness89:
APC won't like this....

Why?

He's gonna be the easiest ride for Buhari!

God please let Pd-pigs chose Mr. Mesujamba so that his political career will end in 2019!

13 Likes

Re: PDP Convention: Lawmakers Back Saraki As Presidential Candidate by Yinxies(f): 2:50pm On Oct 06, 2018
would Saraki be a better President? just wondering
Re: PDP Convention: Lawmakers Back Saraki As Presidential Candidate by FriendNG: 2:51pm On Oct 06, 2018
GavelSlam:
They should make sure he grabs the ticket.

grin

Ofcourse so that he will do 2 -0. He will lose the secondary election and then no senate for him.

11 Likes 3 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Afenifere: We Don’t Regard Tinubu As One Of Yoruba Defenders / APC In Disarray As 3 Acting Chairmen Emerge In 3 Hrs / Zulum, Sultan, Buni, Ahmad Lawan, Shettima Others At COAS Prayer Funeral (Pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.