Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,133 members, 7,814,961 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:07 AM

BREAKING: Turaki Break Silence On Stepping Down From Presidential Race - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / BREAKING: Turaki Break Silence On Stepping Down From Presidential Race (29072 Views)

#chatham House: Kwankwaso's Response On Stepping Down For Obi (video) / 2023: Kwankwaso Opens Up On Stepping Down For Another Candidate / Saraki Speaks On ‘stepping Down’ For Atiku (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

BREAKING: Turaki Break Silence On Stepping Down From Presidential Race by ElectroLyte: 7:58pm On Oct 06, 2018

BREAKING: TURAKI VERY MUCH IN THE RACE FOR PDP PRESIDENTIAL MANDATE

The attention of the Kabiru Tanimu Turaki Presidential Campaign Organization has been drawn to a spurious, misguided and satanic impression being created that he has stepped down for one of the Aspirants in the PDP Presidential primary at the party’s national convention.
Let it be known LOUD and CLEAR: Kabiru Tanimu Turaki, SAN, HAS NOT STEPPED DOWN, HAS MO INTENTION TO STEP DOWN and WILL NEVER STEP DOWN FOR ANY OTHER ASPIRANT, MOT IN THE LEAST, BIRDS OF PASSAGE in the PDP.
It is sad that such a cruel impression was being created at the eleventh hour of the party’s national convention by unscrupulous personalities and their ilks who are showing a desperation never known to the party in recent times.

Turaki has so far run a decent campaign which even the party’s National Organizing Secretary, Colonel Akobundu acknowledged publicly when his Expression of Interest and Nomination Forms were returned to the party’s National Secretariat in Abuja.

It was this decency that propelled Turaki to refer to his co-Aspirant and Senate President, Bukola Saraki as his brother who shared(?) the same edifying values and passion for Nigeria’s greatness with him when Turaki went on his consultation to Kwara State.His position was borne out of Turaki’s close relationship with Bukola’s late father, “Okoye” Dr. Abubakar Olusola Saraki.

It was this honest and innocent remark to honour a respected late leader that was now being dubiously manipulated again (this is the second or third time) by discredited people to undermine Turaki.
Turaki remains the Aspirant to beat, that probably accounted for why arrows are being fired against his aspiration. Luckily, his integrity, credibility, knowledge, intellectual, experience, competence and dynamism had never been questioned.

These are the attributes that had made Former Nigerian leaders- Dr. Olusegun Obasanjo, General Ibrahim Badamasi Babangida and Dr Goodluck Ebele Jonathan to acknowledge Turaki’s capacity to hold the office which they once held, more so in this era of knowledge-driven governance.
Besides, elder statesman, Chief Edwin Clark and the leaders of the Afenifere and the Middle Belt Forum never hid their admiration for Turaki when he was invited to address them.

In fact, there were open endorsements by some governors and most of the state executive committees, elders and delegates visited by Turaki’s campaign team in the course of his nationwide consultations.

Added to these was the open declaration by many state secretariats of the party visited that It WAS TIME TO REWARD TURAKI FOR HIS LOYALTY TO THE PDP. This was in reference to Turaki joining forces with few members using his resources and legal skill to rescue their party from ‘undertakers’ at a time when latter-day, desperate bchampions of the party jumped ship and even ensure that the PDP was decimated in the 2015 general elections with the ultimate aim of killing the party.
How do you expect such a high-profile, decent and visionary person quit a race in which he has the opportunity to greatly redeem the image of the party and attend to the yearnings of Nigerians given his competence?

In spite of his service and loyalty to the party, Turaki has been humble enough unlike his detractors not to campaign against those who once tried to destroy the soul of PDP.
May be there is wisdom after all in the position of some of the resilient members who later became Presidential Aspirants that those who once tried to destroy the party should not be allowed to harvest where they did not sow to the extent of trying to destroy the common ‘farm’ ( the PDP).
They have argued that rewarding disloyalty or perfidy may turn out to be the party’s ‘Archilles Heels’.
Time will certainly tell.

Sola Atere
Director Media and Publicity
Kabiru Tanimu Turaki Presidential Campaign Organization

https://kabirutanimuturaki.org/breaking-turaki-break-silence-on-stepping-down-from-the-pdp-presidential-nomination-race/

2 Likes

Re: BREAKING: Turaki Break Silence On Stepping Down From Presidential Race by Mosesoly(m): 8:03pm On Oct 06, 2018
You don't need to come and tell people you are stepping down, I watched a video yesterday, this was what he said "If for whatever reason you did nt vote for me as the @OfficialPDPNig Presidential Flag bearer, Vote for my brother @bukolasaraki "- Taminu Turaki plead with PDP delegates to vote Bukola Saraki.

As it stands, Saraki has the upper hand, most of the law makers will vote for him being their leader ,he will win Majority of the votes from North Central,and he will also win Majority of the votes from South East, Since he has declared Peter Obi has his running mate.
I just love the man because he is young, Very Energetic, he is very smart and intelligent and don't forget he is very Handsome.
But I don't see him Winning the Presidential election.

28 Likes 2 Shares

Re: BREAKING: Turaki Break Silence On Stepping Down From Presidential Race by BigGuyMan01: 8:19pm On Oct 06, 2018
Turaki no go fit even win FFK or Reno for any election cheesy cheesy

7 Likes

Re: BREAKING: Turaki Break Silence On Stepping Down From Presidential Race by Mutecgold92(m): 8:19pm On Oct 06, 2018
kkkkkkkk
Re: BREAKING: Turaki Break Silence On Stepping Down From Presidential Race by Deivid10(m): 8:19pm On Oct 06, 2018
Anything but buhari come 2019 is accepted.

Even if na Akpororo.

31 Likes 2 Shares

Re: BREAKING: Turaki Break Silence On Stepping Down From Presidential Race by JailBreaker(m): 8:19pm On Oct 06, 2018
hm
Re: BREAKING: Turaki Break Silence On Stepping Down From Presidential Race by Nobody: 8:19pm On Oct 06, 2018
APC and PDP conducting party primaries amongst them, rigging themselves and someone is complaining about Osun

No one should even complain about 2019

Instead of to complain better find better way migrate from naija

Me dey enter Accra easter next year cheesy

Make I gather mtcn first

9 Likes

Re: BREAKING: Turaki Break Silence On Stepping Down From Presidential Race by davit: 8:19pm On Oct 06, 2018
We shall see!
Re: BREAKING: Turaki Break Silence On Stepping Down From Presidential Race by Splasshhh(f): 8:20pm On Oct 06, 2018
Political scandal
What a clown

Make ur app ur bank. So easy and simple
Check out my signature
Re: BREAKING: Turaki Break Silence On Stepping Down From Presidential Race by ProfSule(m): 8:20pm On Oct 06, 2018
Thier headache...
Re: BREAKING: Turaki Break Silence On Stepping Down From Presidential Race by Timinho23: 8:20pm On Oct 06, 2018
Some people are in the race but not in the race and they know themselves
Re: BREAKING: Turaki Break Silence On Stepping Down From Presidential Race by Nobody: 8:20pm On Oct 06, 2018
shocked

Who else thought it was atiku?

3 Likes

Re: BREAKING: Turaki Break Silence On Stepping Down From Presidential Race by Harry9041196108(m): 8:20pm On Oct 06, 2018
Hi there,
I noticed you have a link to my competitor's website and just wanted to let you know that I
have a similar article to theirs but go into a lot more detail.
This might be a good resource for your readers. Would love if you could link to my
page. If you do, I will also share it among all my social media accounts which will
surely bring you more traffic.

Check out:
[http://www.lyricssea.com/main-phir-bhi-tumko-chahunga-lyrics]Main Phir Bhi Tumko Chahunga Lyrics[/http://www.lyricssea.com/main-phir-bhi-tumko-chahunga-lyrics]
Re: BREAKING: Turaki Break Silence On Stepping Down From Presidential Race by Akosbaba(m): 8:21pm On Oct 06, 2018
Lol
All these guys with money to waste
Re: BREAKING: Turaki Break Silence On Stepping Down From Presidential Race by Caseless: 8:21pm On Oct 06, 2018
grin

He'd still lose. That guy really spent money on billboards.
Re: BREAKING: Turaki Break Silence On Stepping Down From Presidential Race by Tpave(m): 8:21pm On Oct 06, 2018
It's like this message was written in a hurry. So many mistakes
Re: BREAKING: Turaki Break Silence On Stepping Down From Presidential Race by adioolayi(m): 8:21pm On Oct 06, 2018
Please give me Saraki, a direct walk over for PMB...PDP..please

1 Like

Re: BREAKING: Turaki Break Silence On Stepping Down From Presidential Race by opalu: 8:21pm On Oct 06, 2018
Ok
Re: BREAKING: Turaki Break Silence On Stepping Down From Presidential Race by Gkay1(m): 8:22pm On Oct 06, 2018
we dont need him
Re: BREAKING: Turaki Break Silence On Stepping Down From Presidential Race by arewafederation: 8:22pm On Oct 06, 2018
Abeg, carry your one vote go stay on corner... cheesy
Re: BREAKING: Turaki Break Silence On Stepping Down From Presidential Race by luckysmills: 8:23pm On Oct 06, 2018
Whether you step down or not, Kingsley Moghalu remains the consensus candidate for all Nigerians.

5 Likes

Re: BREAKING: Turaki Break Silence On Stepping Down From Presidential Race by Nobody: 8:23pm On Oct 06, 2018
Lol. This is an obsolete campaign strategy. Anyway, this picture above shows he was doing comedy.
Re: BREAKING: Turaki Break Silence On Stepping Down From Presidential Race by Robbin7(m): 8:23pm On Oct 06, 2018
I hope the best candidate to win Buhari in the general elections win todAy.
Re: BREAKING: Turaki Break Silence On Stepping Down From Presidential Race by Raskasal(m): 8:23pm On Oct 06, 2018
That is it. PDP always showing us they have power and not willing to relinquish. Anyways we await the outcome of APC
Re: BREAKING: Turaki Break Silence On Stepping Down From Presidential Race by Baroba(m): 8:23pm On Oct 06, 2018
The stakes are high, these clowns will still be at PH till Sunday morning..
Re: BREAKING: Turaki Break Silence On Stepping Down From Presidential Race by madridsta007(m): 8:31pm On Oct 06, 2018
Deivid10:
Anything but buhari come 2019 is accepted.

Even if na Akpororo.

You guys did, “anything but GEJ” and that produced Buhari.

Now you have started again. No lesson learnt abi?

4 Likes

Re: BREAKING: Turaki Break Silence On Stepping Down From Presidential Race by sage101: 8:31pm On Oct 06, 2018
WHO is Turaki?

That one when 3Bear go PULL MORE votes AGAINST?

madridsta007:

You guys did, “anything but GEJ” and that produced Buhari.

Now you have started again. No lesson learnt abi?

The LESSONS learnt is to REMOVE BUHARI at ALL COST

1 Like

Re: BREAKING: Turaki Break Silence On Stepping Down From Presidential Race by Dottore: 8:32pm On Oct 06, 2018
*yawns*
Re: BREAKING: Turaki Break Silence On Stepping Down From Presidential Race by Helena6(f): 8:32pm On Oct 06, 2018
Every aspirant saying "my attention has been drawn...." . Strangely, i am not seeing any of the fake news except rebuttal! Guys, get this done with, i need to know my options come 2019

1 Like

Re: BREAKING: Turaki Break Silence On Stepping Down From Presidential Race by duality(m): 8:34pm On Oct 06, 2018
Reason is simple. Buhari is highly beatable in 2019.

Everyone is serious. Let the election be free and fair.
Re: BREAKING: Turaki Break Silence On Stepping Down From Presidential Race by ozonaija(m): 8:34pm On Oct 06, 2018
Traducers must never be allowed to have a field day while hawking their falsehoods and untruths

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (Reply)

Nigerian Navy Arrests Norwegian Ship Stealing Crude Oil In Nigeria / Lagos Court Of Arbitration Inaugurated By Fashola (photo) / The Tattered Furniture In The Nigerian Senate Hearing Room (pic)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.