Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,168 members, 7,849,609 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 05:47 AM

POLITICS2019: Donald Duke Floors Jerry Gana, Others To Win SDP Residential Ticke - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / POLITICS2019: Donald Duke Floors Jerry Gana, Others To Win SDP Residential Ticke (26180 Views)

Gombe APC Crisis Worsens As Ahmed Gana, Others Resign / Jerry Gana Is SDP Presidential Candidate, Court Rules / Alleged Fraud: Atiku, Gana, Others Visit Jang In Prison (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: POLITICS2019: Donald Duke Floors Jerry Gana, Others To Win SDP Residential Ticke by Splasshhh(f): 9:04am On Oct 07, 2018
This is Naija
Re: POLITICS2019: Donald Duke Floors Jerry Gana, Others To Win SDP Residential Ticke by correctyourself(m): 9:09am On Oct 07, 2018
Even when they know they can't win presidential election for now.
Re: POLITICS2019: Donald Duke Floors Jerry Gana, Others To Win SDP Residential Ticke by HomeOfMe(f): 9:14am On Oct 07, 2018
chigozie2018:
Former Governor of Cross River State, Donald Duke, has emerged presidential candidate of the Social Democratic Party (SDP) for the 2019 general elections.

According to NAN, Duke polled 812 votes to defeat his close rival, former Minister of Information, Prof. Jerry Gana, who polled 611 votes at the party’s National Convention held at Old Parade Ground, Abuja.

The Convention Returning Officer, Dr Abdul Isiaq, declaring the results of the presidential primary election at the early hours of Sunday, said Mr. John Dara, former Special Assistant to Lt. General Theophilus Danjuma, former Defence Minister, scored 104 votes.

He also announced that former Ambassador and former Minister, Prof. Iyorwuese Hagher

polled 72 votes; former Ambassador, Felix Osakwe scored 10 votes, while the number of invalid votes was 63.

Duke in his acceptance speech, described his emergence as collective victory for all aspirants that participated in the contest, as well for the party and the nation.

He said that primary was just a step in the contest, saying he will go through the nation to campaign and sell the party and it’s polices to citizens.

Duke called for the support of all aspirants, the party officials and Nigerians to win 2019 general election, saying “we will reawaken in Nigerians that yearning that we are destined to be, but we cannot do this alone.”

He said that Nigeria was not a divided nation but a country of common purpose.

“What divides us is inadequacy and wants, because in the face of this survival of the fittest comes in, which ought not to be so because there is more than enough for everyone.”

He said if Nigerians were productive and abide by rules and regulations, the nation would grow from strength to strength.

“This is what good governance is all about and that is what I stand for,” he added.

https://www.google.com/amp/dailypost.ng/2018/10/07/2019-donald-duke-floors-jerry-gana-others-win-sdp-residential-ticket/amp/
These ones just want to spoil the apc and pdp votes like omisore did in osun. People should just face apc and pdp alone.
Re: POLITICS2019: Donald Duke Floors Jerry Gana, Others To Win SDP Residential Ticke by bitbillionaire: 9:23am On Oct 07, 2018
I tell you, average Nigerian is an idiot!

They would rather vote for an armed robber or an incompetent illiterate from a 'big' party or 'ruling party' than vote for a credible and competent person from a smaller or new party!

That's one of the reasons it will be difficult for this nation to progress.

The day we stop the idea of voting for people just because of the bigness and popularity of their party or because of their tribe but vote for people with integrity and sound ideas who would put the interest of the nation and future generations above all selfish interest, that's the day Nigeria will be on it's way to greatness.

frenzyduchess:
this would not have been an issue if the electorate were more concerned about voting a credible candidate than looking for big parties that can give them 1k when they present their white handkerchief undecided.

Until we look beyond big party names we will keep recycling old thieves who have hijacked the mandate of big parties.

I for one believe he will make a fine president, but majority of the electorate are not concerned about that, I guess rice and money is more important undecided

3 Likes

Re: POLITICS2019: Donald Duke Floors Jerry Gana, Others To Win SDP Residential Ticke by HealthTips101: 9:29am On Oct 07, 2018
I want a Nigerian verified AdSense account to buy
Re: POLITICS2019: Donald Duke Floors Jerry Gana, Others To Win SDP Residential Ticke by Mystiquefia: 9:36am On Oct 07, 2018
Shortyy:
You had a better chance of winning this presidential election if you had gone to any of the ruling parties. I'm not in support of any of the ruling parties ofcoz, but as long as you've got something to offer, it's all good.

Are You Even A Nigerian? You'd Do Betther In The Romance Section Pls...
Re: POLITICS2019: Donald Duke Floors Jerry Gana, Others To Win SDP Residential Ticke by Quality20(m): 9:38am On Oct 07, 2018
he may eventually be d main challenger to APC. remember Buhari, while in CPC a new party was d main challenger to PDP, while d likes of defunct ANPP were no where near PDP.
let us team up n vote Duke of SDP

3 Likes

Re: POLITICS2019: Donald Duke Floors Jerry Gana, Others To Win SDP Residential Ticke by Redman44(m): 9:45am On Oct 07, 2018
The 'Osun Situation' will repeat itself in 2019. SDP, ANN, ADP and other smaller Parties will take away votes from the APC and PDP in the Presidential elections , thereby creating a scenario of a possible rerun. PDP needs to be wiser this time around and ensure they are not rigged out by APC or forcibly made to lose an election they won cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool.

1 Like

Re: POLITICS2019: Donald Duke Floors Jerry Gana, Others To Win SDP Residential Ticke by Nobody: 9:57am On Oct 07, 2018
chigozie2018:
Former Governor of Cross River State, Donald Duke, has emerged presidential candidate of the Social Democratic Party (SDP) for the 2019 general elections.

According to NAN, Duke polled 812 votes to defeat his close rival, former Minister of Information, Prof. Jerry Gana, who polled 611 votes at the party’s National Convention held at Old Parade Ground, Abuja.

The Convention Returning Officer, Dr Abdul Isiaq, declaring the results of the presidential primary election at the early hours of Sunday, said Mr. John Dara, former Special Assistant to Lt. General Theophilus Danjuma, former Defence Minister, scored 104 votes.

He also announced that former Ambassador and former Minister, Prof. Iyorwuese Hagher

polled 72 votes; former Ambassador, Felix Osakwe scored 10 votes, while the number of invalid votes was 63.

Duke in his acceptance speech, described his emergence as collective victory for all aspirants that participated in the contest, as well for the party and the nation.

He said that primary was just a step in the contest, saying he will go through the nation to campaign and sell the party and it’s polices to citizens.

Duke called for the support of all aspirants, the party officials and Nigerians to win 2019 general election, saying “we will reawaken in Nigerians that yearning that we are destined to be, but we cannot do this alone.”

“What divides us is inadequacy and wants, because in the face of this survival of the fittest comes in, which ought not to be so because there is more than enough for everyone.”

He said if Nigerians were productive and abide by rules and regulations, the nation would grow from strength to strength.

“This is what good governance is all about and that is what I stand for,” he added.

https://www.google.com/amp/dailypost.ng/2018/10/07/2019-donald-duke-floors-jerry-gana-others-win-sdp-residential-ticket/amp/

May thunder kill Jerry can Gana for even attempting to contest for elections. That old piece of shiit, corrupt scumbag who wants to entrench themselves in politics forever.
Re: POLITICS2019: Donald Duke Floors Jerry Gana, Others To Win SDP Residential Ticke by Nobody: 10:08am On Oct 07, 2018
Guys, we now have a competent contestant now. We must get it right in 2019. All hands must be on deck to vote Duke in
Re: POLITICS2019: Donald Duke Floors Jerry Gana, Others To Win SDP Residential Ticke by bluefilm: 10:11am On Oct 07, 2018
At the end of the day, he will be count as nothing but one of the "Also Ran". tongue

Sai Baba, now and forever!!! tongue
Re: POLITICS2019: Donald Duke Floors Jerry Gana, Others To Win SDP Residential Ticke by lukency(m): 10:18am On Oct 07, 2018
Them no get photos from their primaries.
Re: POLITICS2019: Donald Duke Floors Jerry Gana, Others To Win SDP Residential Ticke by bossrillboss: 10:23am On Oct 07, 2018
op abeg wc side residential ticket d guy win,me self wan go try my luck dia.Residential ticket ko permanent stay visa ni

Re: POLITICS2019: Donald Duke Floors Jerry Gana, Others To Win SDP Residential Ticke by just4wilson(m): 10:23am On Oct 07, 2018
Wizkhalifa2:
Residential?

Na Landlord Association?

Lol
Re: POLITICS2019: Donald Duke Floors Jerry Gana, Others To Win SDP Residential Ticke by Charly68: 10:52am On Oct 07, 2018
nnachukz:
These guys are just playing the spoiler (Omisore politics), they know they can't win. Let's just join hand together to remove this tyrant in Aso Rock first.
Who tells you they can't win..the Elites should support people who have the mind and the brain to turn the nation around for good .
Re: POLITICS2019: Donald Duke Floors Jerry Gana, Others To Win SDP Residential Ticke by Valro(m): 10:58am On Oct 07, 2018
[quote author=frenzyduchess post=71856633] this would not have been an issue if the electorate were more concerned about voting a credible candidate than looking for big parties that can give them 1k when they present their white handkerchief undecided.

Until we look beyond big party names we will keep recycling old thieves who have hijacked the mandate of big parties.

I for one believe he will make a fine president, but majority of the electorate are not concerned about that, I guess rice and money is more important undecided[You think so, this is Nigeria, no matter the good will you have at heart, joining the wrong party is not a smart move, else your so called good intentions will forever remain wishes and dreams ]
Re: POLITICS2019: Donald Duke Floors Jerry Gana, Others To Win SDP Residential Ticke by Delivar(m): 11:06am On Oct 07, 2018
rxmusa:
Exercise in futility
Xisnin:
You won't get more than 10k votes. Waste of time.
correctyourself:
Even when they know they can't win presidential election for now.
fratermathy:
Notice me Presidential candidate cheesy. Like I said with Sowore, Nigeria is not mature as a nation for someone like Duke. Let him just create awareness and hope that some magic happens to change Nigerians.
bluefilm:
At the end of the day, he will be count as nothing but one of the "Also Ran". tongue

Sai Baba, now and forever!!! tongue
Shelumiel:
The SDP is going nowhere .
Valro:
Duke effed up. This 2019 would have been a good opportunity to announce his weight in the ring of national politics despite knowing he cannot win in 2019,but joining a political party that can't do this for him was a mistake
If Nigerians were all educated and intelligent it wouldn't have mattered. The educated masses will always know who to vote for no matter which party you belong. When you set up an online people like Duke will win it because majority of those who take part in these online polls come from the educated class. Sad truth is that the uneducated folks are the ones deciding election outcomes in Nigeria. As long as the masses are not educated this country will never advance.
Re: POLITICS2019: Donald Duke Floors Jerry Gana, Others To Win SDP Residential Ticke by nnachukz(m): 11:10am On Oct 07, 2018
Charly68:
Who tells you they can't win..the Elites should support people who have the mind and the brain to turn the nation around for good .
base on our political precedence, they can't win.

1 Like

Re: POLITICS2019: Donald Duke Floors Jerry Gana, Others To Win SDP Residential Ticke by Shelumiel: 11:20am On Oct 07, 2018
Delivar:

If Nigerians were all educated and intelligent it wouldn't have mattered. The educated masses will always know who to vote for no matter which party you belong. When you set up an online people like Duke will win it because majority of those who take part in these online polls come from the educated class. Sad truth is that the uneducated folks are the ones deciding election outcomes in Nigeria. As long as the masses are not educated this country will never advance.
I beg to differ sir. Nigerian politics is not about education; it goes beyond that . Nigerian politics is embedded in two evils : religion and tribalism . You might be educated and qualified for the job of being president , but your religion and tribe will still mar your chances of being picked .
Re: POLITICS2019: Donald Duke Floors Jerry Gana, Others To Win SDP Residential Ticke by Delivar(m): 11:24am On Oct 07, 2018
Shelumiel:
I beg to differ sir. Nigerian politics is not about education; it goes beyond that . Nigerian politics is embedded in two evils : religion and tribalism . You might be educated and qualified for the job of being president , but your religion and tribe will still mar your chances of being picked .
In a country filled with TRULY educated people religion and tribalism wouldn't be an issue. You get it?
Re: POLITICS2019: Donald Duke Floors Jerry Gana, Others To Win SDP Residential Ticke by Puzzypleazer: 11:36am On Oct 07, 2018
Shortyy:
What is SDP please? Mr Duke you fvcked up big time. You had a better chance of winning this presidential election if you had gone to any of the ruling parties. I'm not in support of any of the ruling parties ofcoz, but as long as you've got something to offer, it's all good. But you went to an unknown party, now tell me How'd you win? Err Duke?
idiot like you are the problem naija is facing. are you voting for the party or for the person?
Re: POLITICS2019: Donald Duke Floors Jerry Gana, Others To Win SDP Residential Ticke by Nobody: 11:39am On Oct 07, 2018
[quote author=Valro post=71860527][/quote] I think you should replace "wrong party " with suitable words like "unpopular or small or non-money sharing " .

Personally I think the bulk of the problem of electing power drunk thieves lie with the ignorant electorate . Even the so called educated ones choose to be political blind or feign ignorance after being influenced by tribe ,religion and even greed.

In a sane society his moving to SDP would have given him a level ground just like every other flag bear from the so called "big political parties" but you and I know this part of the continent is far from being sane. Enjoy your Sunday.
Re: POLITICS2019: Donald Duke Floors Jerry Gana, Others To Win SDP Residential Ticke by Nobody: 12:07pm On Oct 07, 2018
millhouse:
I tire ooo .. when some people Dey get 14million vote for Primaries.. SDP winner Dey get 800 votes

Like who? who got 14m votes? jesting won't get you anywhere; how many votes did Saraki get?
Re: POLITICS2019: Donald Duke Floors Jerry Gana, Others To Win SDP Residential Ticke by Nobody: 12:25pm On Oct 07, 2018
bitbillionaire:
I tell you, average Nigerian is an idiot!

They would rather vote for an armed robber or an incompetent illiterate from a 'big' party or 'ruling party' than vote for a credible and competent person from a smaller or new party!

That's one of the reasons it will be difficult for this nation to progress.

The day we stop the idea of voting for people just because of the bigness and popularity of their party or because of their tribe but vote for people with integrity and sound ideas who would put the interest of the nation and future generations above all selfish interest, that's the day Nigeria will be on it's way to greatness.

Idiot is an understatement. They are the most foolish set of people with the lowest IQ to say the least. Thank you for this post and I love you so much for this (no homo things). The kind of leaders we have are a reflection of the mindset of Nigerians. We get what we deserve. Nigerians are not mentally mature to get things right. They want progress but their narrow mindedness will never allow them see clearly. We have Duke, a candidate with proven track record but they will still vote for people that will prolong their anguish while enriching themselves. How else does the average Nigerian want breakthroughs when they keep voting people with no vision? Let them keep voting Atiku, Buhari, Saraki etc. As for me, I am processing my Canadian visa.

1 Like

Re: POLITICS2019: Donald Duke Floors Jerry Gana, Others To Win SDP Residential Ticke by yinnyme(m): 12:39pm On Oct 07, 2018
chigozie2018:

These are the Omisore of 2019 wey go divide votes of some state and eventually give some persons upper hand.
Re: POLITICS2019: Donald Duke Floors Jerry Gana, Others To Win SDP Residential Ticke by mauchiz: 1:03pm On Oct 07, 2018
fratermathy:
Notice me Presidential candidate cheesy. Like I said with Sowore, Nigeria is not mature as a nation for someone like Duke. Let him just create awareness and hope that some magic happens to change Nigerians.

As a governor,he changed his state,
What has Apc done for Nigeria?
Donald Duke is the only qualified candidates,
He has proved himself as a governor.
He has a good record.
Re: POLITICS2019: Donald Duke Floors Jerry Gana, Others To Win SDP Residential Ticke by millhouse: 1:36pm On Oct 07, 2018
Lucid1:

Like who? who got 14m votes? jesting won't get you anywhere; how many votes did Saraki get?
Buhari claims to have gotten 14m votes in the just concluded unopposed presidential primaries of the APC
Re: POLITICS2019: Donald Duke Floors Jerry Gana, Others To Win SDP Residential Ticke by E383: 2:34pm On Oct 07, 2018
These guys are after Buhari's accommodation? I didn't know his accommodation was also part of the tickets being challenged for.

shocked shocked shocked
Re: POLITICS2019: Donald Duke Floors Jerry Gana, Others To Win SDP Residential Ticke by Exponental(m): 2:37pm On Oct 07, 2018
There votes joined together is not even up to Atiku's vote in PdP. SdP is going no where. No followers. Just preparing for the future.
Re: POLITICS2019: Donald Duke Floors Jerry Gana, Others To Win SDP Residential Ticke by Nobody: 2:50pm On Oct 07, 2018
Shortyy:
What is SDP please? Mr Duke you fvcked up big time. You had a better chance of winning this presidential election if you had gone to any of the ruling parties. I'm not in support of any of the ruling parties ofcoz, but as long as you've got something to offer, it's all good. But you went to an unknown party, now tell me How'd you win? Err Duke?

the guy has always been a joker· he cant even take his saxophone lessons seriously.

1 Like

Re: POLITICS2019: Donald Duke Floors Jerry Gana, Others To Win SDP Residential Ticke by Nobody: 3:33pm On Oct 07, 2018
millhouse:
Buhari claims to have gotten 14m votes in the just concluded unopposed presidential primaries of the APC

lol@claimed

If PDP had used direct primaries, i'm sure it's millions we'd have seen too.

1 Like

Re: POLITICS2019: Donald Duke Floors Jerry Gana, Others To Win SDP Residential Ticke by millhouse: 4:45pm On Oct 07, 2018
Lucid1:

lol@claimed

If PDP had used direct primaries, i'm sure it's millions we'd have seen too.
and you sef carry head belive the 14million abi

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Deal With Fulani Herdsmen Attackers - Buhari Orders Security Agencies / Okonjo-iweala Listed Among 50 Greatest World Leaders / Nigeria’s New National Airline To Commence Operation This Year – Minister

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.