Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,409 members, 7,853,808 topics. Date: Saturday, 08 June 2024 at 02:57 AM

Why PDP Should Give VP Slot To South West By Charles Ogbu - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why PDP Should Give VP Slot To South West By Charles Ogbu (2417 Views)

Senator Offers Hajj Slot To Delegates Who Returned Cash After Voting Against Him / Peter Obi Effect: APC And PDP Must Throw VP Slot To Young People / Opunimi Akinkugbe: Buhari Gives Ondo Ambassador Slot To Rivers Indigene (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why PDP Should Give VP Slot To South West By Charles Ogbu by slivertongue: 10:58pm On Oct 07, 2018
Thrash thesis.
SE wil stay away from votin booth if denied vp. its PDP's loss nt SE. NC&SS aint use &dump. SW is 4APC

2 Likes

Re: Why PDP Should Give VP Slot To South West By Charles Ogbu by BabaRamota1980: 11:01pm On Oct 07, 2018
paramakina202:

IPOB have no say in this election,her members have no PVC.

grin grin grin

Python will be at the polling unit. Ipob is banned anywhere within 100miles radius of a polling unit.

2 Likes

Re: Why PDP Should Give VP Slot To South West By Charles Ogbu by Nemesis001: 11:01pm On Oct 07, 2018
zombieTRACKER:

Shut Up kid .. You opened this moniker on 30 Sept
Atiku picked Gbenga Daniels for a reason..
You know nothing about politics... Go sleep
Who ever disputed the date the moniker was created? Too much of Ewedu is bad for your health.

I told you to look up my comments since you said you are jobless.

Come and pick the Gbenga Daniel his campaign manager as VP for him now? Use your akonuche

2 Likes

Re: Why PDP Should Give VP Slot To South West By Charles Ogbu by KanwuliaMama: 11:02pm On Oct 07, 2018

Should all the Presidential Aspirants, who are all Northerners, agree to pull their material, human, financial as well as almajiri resources to work for the success of Atiku, no amount of Unclad manipulation will save the lifeless one from going back to his cows in 2019.

LWKMQ. . . . . ooooooooo!!!! grin cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy cheesy
Re: Why PDP Should Give VP Slot To South West By Charles Ogbu by pazienza(m): 11:02pm On Oct 07, 2018

Strategically speaking, the PDP does not need to worry about placating the Southeast with the VP slot. That will amount to wasting scarce resources making an ally of one who is already your ally. Ndigbo have no intention of voting for Buhari for obvious reasons. So giving them the VP slot won't bring any extra electoral value to the PDP. Ndigbo are like that male child who, having lost his father, doesn't really care who remarried his mother as long as he keeps getting the chicken leg his late father used to gift him with every festive season. The "chicken leg" here represents a level playing field. An average Igbo man wants nothing but a level playing field where he can actualize his full potentials.

Charles Ogbu have obviously lost the plot.

Without any VP slot, there will no motivation for SE to participate in the election.
IPOB would have enough reason to sell the "no election" message, seeing as it would be obvious to every Igbo man that our marginalization in Nigeria is now complete.

Voters apathy will ensue and Atiku would lose.

4 Likes

Re: Why PDP Should Give VP Slot To South West By Charles Ogbu by dokie: 11:04pm On Oct 07, 2018
Nemesis001:

Will South West vote against APC that already promised to make sure power returns to SW by 2023

Nwanne, what you have said makes sense, but the PDP has to take that chance. Now if we vote or not vote for APC, they are still going to give it to the yorubas in 2023. But there could be a chance of splitting SW with a PDP VP candidate from SW. The state the VP candidate comes from will definitely swing towards pdp and that's why I recommend a Lagosian. VP seat cannot get us the presidency, supporting APC cannot give us the presidency aswell, only loyalty to a party can if the party finds itself in power.

Beyond all this, if Buhari does another 4 years, he may cause irreparable damage that it wouldn't even matter if the president is from my hometown. So taking power from Buhari is of primary importance. Everything else including igbo VP or president comes a distant second.
Re: Why PDP Should Give VP Slot To South West By Charles Ogbu by diebuhari1: 11:04pm On Oct 07, 2018
slivertongue:
Thrash thesis.
SE wil stay away from votin booth if denied vp. its PDP's loss nt SE. NC&SS aint use &dump. SW is 4APC
Don't mind them. Yes, most Igbos will never dream of voting for Buhari even with a gun to their forehead, but there are other parties and also an option of boycotting the elections if PDP betrays us and that would be a disaster for Atiku and PDP.
For 16 years of PDP rule, none of the top 2 positions went to the SE despite the unflinching support from the region, now some people are still suggesting rubbish.

3 Likes

Re: Why PDP Should Give VP Slot To South West By Charles Ogbu by paramakina202: 11:05pm On Oct 07, 2018
BabaRamota1980:

grin grin grin

Python will be at the polling unit. Ipob is banned anywhere within 100miles radius of a polling unit.

They will stay at home thats the order.

1 Like

Re: Why PDP Should Give VP Slot To South West By Charles Ogbu by diebuhari1: 11:05pm On Oct 07, 2018
pazienza:

Charles Ogbu have obviously lost the plot.

Without any VP slot, there will no motivation for SE to participate in the election.
IPOB would have enough reason to sell the "no election" message, seeing as it would be obvious to every Igbo man that our marginalization in Nigeria is now complete.

Voters apathy will ensue and Atiku would lose.

Exactly

2 Likes

Re: Why PDP Should Give VP Slot To South West By Charles Ogbu by diebuhari1: 11:07pm On Oct 07, 2018
dokie:

Nwanne, what you have said makes sense, but the PDP has to take that chance. Now if we vote or not vote for APC, they are still going to give it to the yorubas in 2023. But there could be a chance of splitting SW with a PDP VP candidate from SW. The state the VP candidate comes from will definitely swing towards pdp and that's why I recommend a Lagosian. VP seat cannot get us the presidency, supporting APC cannot give us the presidency aswell, only loyalty to a party can if the party finds itself in power.

Beyond all this, if Buhari does another 4 years, he may cause irreparable damage that it wouldn't even matter if the president is from my hometown. So taking power from Buhari is of primary importance. Everything else including igbo VP or president comes a distant second.
You are not making sense, so giving the VP slot to the SW will earn them some votes from the region, but your brain did not tell you that it will make them lose even more votes from the South east due to voter apathy? Igbos will not vote Buhari, but they won't come out on that day without this VP slot.

3 Likes

Re: Why PDP Should Give VP Slot To South West By Charles Ogbu by kelvinginzie: 11:09pm On Oct 07, 2018
diebuhari1:
You are not making sense, so giving the VP slot to the SW will earn them some votes from the region, but your brain did not tell you that it will make them lose even more votes from the South east due to voter apathy? Igbos will not vote Buhari, but they won't come out on that day without this VP slot.

Igbos love Atiku
Re: Why PDP Should Give VP Slot To South West By Charles Ogbu by diebuhari1: 11:12pm On Oct 07, 2018
kelvinginzie:

Igbos love Atiku
His choice of VP will determine if the love will continue...

3 Likes

Re: Why PDP Should Give VP Slot To South West By Charles Ogbu by Nemesis001: 11:13pm On Oct 07, 2018
dokie:

What if Atiku hands over to a northerner or SWesterner?

Where do we Igbos start from? This is the right time to key into the system.

GEJ never choosed any sw VP but he won in some SW states too. Please do and check the 2015 election results.

Apc won Lagos State with a slight margin.

3 Likes

Re: Why PDP Should Give VP Slot To South West By Charles Ogbu by slivertongue: 11:21pm On Oct 07, 2018
i dont tink SW are pushin 4vp. SE has over 1m votes in oda regions so takin dem 4a ride may spell doom 4PDP.Loyalty pays

3 Likes

Re: Why PDP Should Give VP Slot To South West By Charles Ogbu by luvmijeje(f): 11:21pm On Oct 07, 2018
It will be political suicide if the VP's ticket is given to the south west. The region that have been vocal and loud in support of the PDP comes from the south-south and south-east. So give it to them. They work their ass for it.

3 Likes

Re: Why PDP Should Give VP Slot To South West By Charles Ogbu by Preshy561(f): 11:31pm On Oct 07, 2018
God will help him make a wise decision

1 Like

Re: Why PDP Should Give VP Slot To South West By Charles Ogbu by bantudra: 11:47pm On Oct 07, 2018
chai...lamentations of the south east.....

thats why you are called wailers...wailing wall of the south east...chaiiii...

1 Like

Re: Why PDP Should Give VP Slot To South West By Charles Ogbu by zombieTRACKER: 12:08am On Oct 08, 2018
diebuhari1:
So why do Yorubas need the position since Igbos don't? You think Igbos will troop out en masse to vote Atiku if he abandons Igbos to pick a Yoruba VP? Igbos will rather boycott the election.
Are you well at all?

Giving a VP to sE is inconsequential...
PDP will use the post to lobby votes from APc stronghold in the sW..

That's how politics is done
Re: Why PDP Should Give VP Slot To South West By Charles Ogbu by zombieTRACKER: 12:11am On Oct 08, 2018
luvmijeje:
It will be political suicide if the VP's ticket is given to the south west. The region that have been vocal and loud in support of the PDP comes from the south-south and south-east. So give it to them. They work their ass for it.

No my dear... Politics is not so..
You divide and conquer

sW is APc stronghold... Why not dangle a vP carrot and see what happens ..

SE and SS are already on a PDP lock down
Re: Why PDP Should Give VP Slot To South West By Charles Ogbu by BlakKluKluxKlan(m): 12:35am On Oct 08, 2018
Built2last:
THE PDP PRIMARY, CHOICE OF VP AND 2019

By Charles Ogbu

The Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) has just ended its national convention in Portharcourt with the former Vice President, Alhaji Atiku Abubakar, emerging as the party's presidential flag bearer for the 2019 election.

The next question on the table is, from which zone will the party pick its Vice Presidential candidate?

Before expressing my views on this, I like to clarify my position with regards to Nigeria as a country:

I reasonably believe that Nigeria, as presently structured, is fundamentally flawed and must either be restructured to allow the regions develop at their individual pace or balkanized to allow her different peopleS go back to how they were living before the almagamation. Any other thing aside these two is only but a cosmetic solution to the problem.

Yet,

As a practical man, I am not unaware of the fact that neither restructuring nor balkanization will fall from the sky. While pursuing the above two options and seeing as I have no weapon to achieve my aim militarily, I have to work with the limited options available no matter how inadequate those available options appear.

I am a REALIST, not an IDEALIST.

We have two major political parties (PDP and APC) with two major candidates (Muhammadu Buhari and Atiku Abubakar) and JUST FOUR MONTHS TO A CRUCIAL GENERAL ELECTION. One of the two candidate, President Buhari has conclusively proven to be a murderous genocidist. The remaining one, Atiku, though not without his own baggages, is far better than his main opponent. it will be romantically foolish of me to claim to want an end to Buhari's murderous rule and still adopt a non-challant attitude in the political activities that will see to his (Buhari's) end.

Anyone who want Buhari out has only one option here and that option is to vote Atiku Abubakar not necessarily because he is good. He may not be. In fact, he may be bad but even bad is still better than worse and Buhari is certainly worse if not worst.

At this point in time, I believe we need more Realists who understands the EXISTENTIAL THREAT we face under the Buhari presidency than Idealists who will spend the whole time writing beautiful ideas of how Nigeria can be transformed EVEN WHEN HE KNOWS THAT GENERAL ELECTION IS JUST FEW MONTHS AWAY AND THAT NONE OF HIS IDEAS WILL SEE THE LIGHT OF DAY WITH A DARK HEARTED MAN SUCH AS BUHARI IN POWER.

Let me add that should Buhari win a second term, we should just prepare to have him as a life President because that is his real aim as shown in the speed with which he placed all the security as well as other critical institutions in the hands of his kinsmen. So, once again, this is no time for idealism.

NOW, HERE IS MY THOUGHT ON PDP VICE PRESIDENTIAL SLOT:

First, we must be careful not to start fighting over the sharing formula for the animal whose body is still in the forest, alive. Every effort should be on how to kill the animal first and bring it home. So the PDP must be strategic and not allow mawkish sentimentality guide it here.

Strategically speaking, the PDP does not need to worry about placating the Southeast with the VP slot. That will amount to wasting scarce resources making an ally of one who is already your ally. Ndigbo have no intention of voting for Buhari for obvious reasons. So giving them the VP slot won't bring any extra electoral value to the PDP. Ndigbo are like that male child who, having lost his father, doesn't really care who remarried his mother as long as he keeps getting the chicken leg his late father used to gift him with every festive season. The "chicken leg" here represents a level playing field. An average Igbo man wants nothing but a level playing field where he can actualize his full potentials.

The South South, of course, has the PDP chairmanship slot already. With the two region already in the bag for the PDP, plus the herdsmen ravaged Middle Belt to some reasonable degree, the party needs to focus on splitting Yoruba votes by all means possible.
Most Yoruba progressive are fully aware that the position of the VP in the current APC govt is nothing but meaningless tokenism which has only benefitted Tinubu and company Nigerian Limited. With a very influential Yoruba as the VP, PDP has a very good chance of getting reasonable votes from the region as all those uncomfortable with Bola Tinubu's influence in the Southwest will see it as a good opportunity to break his greedy hold.

COMING TO THE NORTH AS A WHOLE ,

The biggest political capital Buhari rely on is the fear factor which is a product of his strong hold on the Northern almajiri who see him as a god and are ever ready to spill blood for him. Good news is, he is not the only one who has control over Northern almajiris. Former Kano state governor Musa Kwankwanso and his Jigawa state counterpart Sule Lamido control the same if not more number of almajiris combined. It was Kwankwanso who pulled almost 2million votes for Buhari as governor during the 2015 Kano magic votes. He would later boast how he used almajiris to remove Jonathan. Aminu Tambuwa as a sitting governor at the heart of the caliphate (Sokoto) should be able to bring something to the table.

Should all the Presidential Aspirants, who are all Northerners, agree to pull their material, human, financial as well as almajiri resources to work for the success of Atiku, no amount of Unclad manipulation will save the lifeless one from going back to his cows in 2019.

Buhari will try to rig with the help of INEC and the Transmission police IG who coincidentally was the Kano state police Chief under whose watch the Kano INEC REC was burnt to ashes alongside his family in what some people claim was an attempt to cover up the 2 million magic vote. But I believe that the ex Generals plus the Aspirants are not unaware of the fact that Buhari will finish them if he gets a second term so I like to believe that seeing as they are masters in the game of rigging themselves, they have a plan to use their international clouts to checkmate Buhari's rigging plan. Again, the election will be held simultaneously so there will be no 30,000 policemen for Mr transmission to use in intimidating opposition members.

Excellent and unbiased analysis.
Re: Why PDP Should Give VP Slot To South West By Charles Ogbu by DeOTR: 12:38am On Oct 08, 2018
It doesn't matter where the VP is from now, as long as the President is Atiku, I'm voting PDP.
Re: Why PDP Should Give VP Slot To South West By Charles Ogbu by Rstc: 1:51am On Oct 08, 2018
zombieTRACKER:

Giving a VP to sE is inconsequential...
PDP will use the post to lobby votes from APc stronghold in the sW..

That's how politics is done
Then why is buhari not giving the VP to the south east to lure eastern votes since the south west is on lock down via tinubu?

You people just talk anyhow. Play politics of naivery.

You want to give your birthright to a region that does not deserve it because of some crappy permutation.
Because the East don't know how to govern! ?

No Wonder, some people erroneously say igbos have no head for politics. It is because of people like una.

4 Likes

Re: Why PDP Should Give VP Slot To South West By Charles Ogbu by Rstc: 1:56am On Oct 08, 2018
BlakKluKluxKlan:

Excellent and unbiased analysis.
There is nothing excellent about it.
It would only be excellent if the south east is stupid enough to pledge an undying loyalty to a party that does not show loyalty in return.

The East despise buhari. Why is buhari not giving us the VP to lure eastern voters since he has tinbuu already in the bag?
Because, he knows he will lose the south west.

That is exactly what should happen to atiku If he takes the VP from the East.

We are loyal to those loyal to us. Anything else is stupidity of the highest order.

6 Likes

Re: Why PDP Should Give VP Slot To South West By Charles Ogbu by durangokid: 2:19am On Oct 08, 2018
zombieTRACKER:

You and your friends should quit discussing politics
Talk about football instead

Go ahead and sleep... Your analysis are irritating
. Because he is saying the truth that is why you called it irritating, you people think that you are the only people that have sense, pushing or advising Atiku to choose a south west VP is a sure way pushing him to failure because south east and south south will automatically leave while south west will not even vote for him

5 Likes

Re: Why PDP Should Give VP Slot To South West By Charles Ogbu by socialmediaman: 2:36am On Oct 08, 2018
zombieTRACKER:

Buhari enjoyed a lot of sympathy votes in 2015
The myth surrounding him has been blown away by cluelessness and incompetency..
The anti corruption war is a mirage

This time around... You will be amazed

This is something BMC will not come to terms with. They won’t come to terms with the fact that Buhari lost election 3 times before 2015 to the point that he was termed “unelectable”. It was circumstance resulting from anti PDP sentiments that brought him to office but now that he has played all his cards, people now see he has nothing tangible to offer.
Re: Why PDP Should Give VP Slot To South West By Charles Ogbu by Amarabae(f): 2:39am On Oct 08, 2018
Rstc:

Then why is buhari not giving the VP to the south east to lure eastern votes since the south west is on lock down via tinubu?

You people just talk anyhow. Play politics of naivery.

You want to give your birthright to a region that does not deserve it because of some crappy permutation.
Because the East don't know how to govern! ?

No Wonder, some people erroneously say igbos have no head for politics. It is because of people like una.
I am very ashamed of those idiots

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why PDP Should Give VP Slot To South West By Charles Ogbu by Nobody: 2:45am On Oct 08, 2018
having read the post and digested all the comments, I must say I'm disappointed in whoever thinks the SW would give out their votes to the PDP simply because of a VP slot...

APC is SW and SW is APC simple...
(elections in ekiti and Osun comes to mind)

never be fooled that SW votes buhari in 2015 because of "their person" was giving the VP slot...it was simple, "APC is SW and SW is APC."

whoever APC brought out SW will support...

So I suggest PDP reward loyalty to whom its due...PDP already has a base in SW...I'm sure they would get votes in that region, but they can never get more than the APC (VP slot or No VP slot), so why not already cement the undiluted votes you have in the SE with a VP slot...

and I need y'all to stop this nonsense of hyping the SW in terms of the political playing field...

up until 2015 the SW has never had a big say in the presidency...
go down history lane and understand that the dictators of the presidency has always been between the North and the SE ( SE here means both South east and South South)

even their own Son, Obasanjo was rejected by them, it was the North and the SE that supported him, that's why up till tomorrow he is neglected in his region...

until the alliance with the North in 2015 the SW only possessed state/regional powers.

Underestimate the South East/South South to your own detriment...I rest my case

Cc. preshy561 luvmijeje zombietracker LZAA diebuhari1 dokie Nemesis001 slivertongue immhotep pointzerom amaniro johnnyessence CROWNWEALTH019

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why PDP Should Give VP Slot To South West By Charles Ogbu by Preshy561(f): 4:24am On Oct 08, 2018
NoSidonLook:
having read the post and digested all the comments, I must say I'm disappointed in whoever thinks the SW would give out their votes to the PDP simply because of a VP slot...

never be fooled that SW votes buhari in 2015 because of "their person" was giving the VP slot...it was simple, "APC is SW and SW is APC."

So I suggest PDP reward loyalty to whom its due...PDP already has a base in SW...I'm sure they would get votes in that region, but they can never get more than the APC (VP slot or No VP slot), so why not already cement the undiluted votes you have in the SE with a VP slot...

and I need y'all to stop this nonsense of hyping the SW in terms of the political playing field...

go down history lane and understand that the dictators of the presidency has always been between the North and the SE ( SE here means both South east and South South)

even their own Son, Obasanjo was rejected by them, it was the North and the SE that supported him, that's why up till tomorrow he is neglected in his region...

until the alliance with the North in 2015 the SW only possessed state/regional powers.

Cc. preshy561 luvmijeje zombietracker LZAA diebuhari1 dokie Nemesis001 slivertongue immhotep pointzerom amaniro johnnyessence CROWNWEALTH019
Couldn't have said it any better

4 Likes

Re: Why PDP Should Give VP Slot To South West By Charles Ogbu by Nemesis001: 6:52am On Oct 08, 2018
NoSidonLook:

Exactly. PDP will surely get a sizeable number of votes from South West without giving them VP slot.

2 Likes

Re: Why PDP Should Give VP Slot To South West By Charles Ogbu by Rstc: 7:02am On Oct 08, 2018
Amarabae:

I am very ashamed of those idiots
They are not very smart

1 Like

Re: Why PDP Should Give VP Slot To South West By Charles Ogbu by Okoroawusa: 7:05am On Oct 08, 2018
This IPOB journalist. Where is Nnamdi Kanu?
Re: Why PDP Should Give VP Slot To South West By Charles Ogbu by profeazy: 11:53pm On Oct 08, 2018
dokie:

It's either your are not Igbo or you are simply naive. So because your wife already love syou, you should spend more on a proposed side chick whom you can't guarantee loves you?!! Bad husband Atiku would be if he follows this beer parlour suggestion. I will personally not vote for him if he does not pick a SE VP!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Ben Bruce Believes President Buhari In Aso Rock Is An Impostor / Billionaire Adebutu Lay Foundation For Odua House In Ile-ife / Manifesto Of Igbo Independence From Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.