Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,510 members, 7,819,840 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:27 AM

Lagos 2019: Agbaje Talks Tough As He Prepares To Battle Sanwo-olu - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lagos 2019: Agbaje Talks Tough As He Prepares To Battle Sanwo-olu (16810 Views)

PIA: Military Talks Tough As Niger Delta Youths Threaten Fresh Hostilities / Amaechi Talks Tough, Said Saturday Will Be Battle Not Election (pics/video) / MC Oluomo Talks Tough At Oshodi APC Mega Rally, Vows To End PDP In Lagos (Pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lagos 2019: Agbaje Talks Tough As He Prepares To Battle Sanwo-olu by Bigmugu: 8:55am On Oct 08, 2018
@NAIRATREND.COM.NG

The governorship candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) in Lagos State, Jimi Agbaje, has said next year’s election will be a battle between forces that want Lagos to continually remain in slavery and those that want to ensure prosperity for all.

Agbaje stated this in a message posted on his official Facebook page on Sunday.

“It is clear to me that Lagos needs more help than ever.

“But this time, the intervention wouldn’t just come from top-down but also from bottom-up knowing that the electorate, not any one man, would have to decide where we go from here as a people.

“This election is not just another popularity contest; rather it is a clear choice between two ideologies: one that enslaves and puts the interest of one man over many or another that, at its core, seeks to meet the yearnings of the greater good of the people of Lagos,” he wrote.

Agbaje’s major rival in the polls, will be Babajide Sanwo-Olu of the All Progressives Congress (APC).

Sanwo-Olu received the backing of the party’s National Chairman, Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu, to defeat incumbent Governor Akinwunmi Ambode, during the primaries.

GIST VIA - https://nairatrend.com.ng/lagos-2019-agbaje-talks-tough-as-he-prepares-to-battle-sanwo-olu/

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos 2019: Agbaje Talks Tough As He Prepares To Battle Sanwo-olu by jolomiurenyi(m): 9:09am On Oct 08, 2018
FTC
Re: Lagos 2019: Agbaje Talks Tough As He Prepares To Battle Sanwo-olu by Moreoffaith(m): 9:09am On Oct 08, 2018
All I wanna say is that, you all don't really care about us.

34 Likes

Re: Lagos 2019: Agbaje Talks Tough As He Prepares To Battle Sanwo-olu by freeborn76(m): 9:09am On Oct 08, 2018
ok

1 Like

Re: Lagos 2019: Agbaje Talks Tough As He Prepares To Battle Sanwo-olu by djakinwande(m): 9:09am On Oct 08, 2018
grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lagos 2019: Agbaje Talks Tough As He Prepares To Battle Sanwo-olu by Just2endowed2(m): 9:09am On Oct 08, 2018
Ok
Re: Lagos 2019: Agbaje Talks Tough As He Prepares To Battle Sanwo-olu by teamb: 9:10am On Oct 08, 2018
Dis guy every 4 years

38 Likes

Re: Lagos 2019: Agbaje Talks Tough As He Prepares To Battle Sanwo-olu by AGNESikpuNNU(f): 9:10am On Oct 08, 2018
angry sad
Re: Lagos 2019: Agbaje Talks Tough As He Prepares To Battle Sanwo-olu by GodblessNig247(m): 9:10am On Oct 08, 2018
All the best Jimi! Is going to be a tough one !!

9 Likes

Re: Lagos 2019: Agbaje Talks Tough As He Prepares To Battle Sanwo-olu by Smellymouth: 9:10am On Oct 08, 2018
The real housewives of Lagos.

24 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lagos 2019: Agbaje Talks Tough As He Prepares To Battle Sanwo-olu by Kasguy: 9:10am On Oct 08, 2018
We're sending zombie's away
Re: Lagos 2019: Agbaje Talks Tough As He Prepares To Battle Sanwo-olu by Tunchi101(m): 9:10am On Oct 08, 2018
K o
Re: Lagos 2019: Agbaje Talks Tough As He Prepares To Battle Sanwo-olu by sanmisaint(m): 9:10am On Oct 08, 2018
He will be roundly defeated, again! Sanwo-Olu we know

19 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Lagos 2019: Agbaje Talks Tough As He Prepares To Battle Sanwo-olu by DWJOBScom(m): 9:12am On Oct 08, 2018
and i agree

1 Like

Re: Lagos 2019: Agbaje Talks Tough As He Prepares To Battle Sanwo-olu by ORIENTATION101: 9:12am On Oct 08, 2018
So says customer dadanigrin

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos 2019: Agbaje Talks Tough As He Prepares To Battle Sanwo-olu by Nobody: 9:12am On Oct 08, 2018
Agbaje, try harder.

Don't be a sheep

5 Likes

Re: Lagos 2019: Agbaje Talks Tough As He Prepares To Battle Sanwo-olu by asakeaina: 9:12am On Oct 08, 2018
Jimi Agbaje is just like a leap year February 29, he appears once every four years.

21 Likes

Re: Lagos 2019: Agbaje Talks Tough As He Prepares To Battle Sanwo-olu by Lordofthewest(m): 9:13am On Oct 08, 2018
Customer Dada ni ele yi

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos 2019: Agbaje Talks Tough As He Prepares To Battle Sanwo-olu by Wiseandtrue(f): 9:13am On Oct 08, 2018
Agbaje, that is how we roll

We are solidly behind you!

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lagos 2019: Agbaje Talks Tough As He Prepares To Battle Sanwo-olu by Jackipapa: 9:14am On Oct 08, 2018
I don't trust politifians!

1 Like

Re: Lagos 2019: Agbaje Talks Tough As He Prepares To Battle Sanwo-olu by Jabioro: 9:15am On Oct 08, 2018
I wan go laff,l dey come..

2 Likes

Re: Lagos 2019: Agbaje Talks Tough As He Prepares To Battle Sanwo-olu by duwdu: 9:16am On Oct 08, 2018
The man Agbaje's talk in the run-up to the 2015 elections, was much tougher than this latest one. Even then, to what end?

Why repeat a formula that failed to work even when you had the paraphernalia of federal might, insane amount of raw dollars, and a much more loquacious set of PDP membership behind you?

P34c3

10 Likes

Re: Lagos 2019: Agbaje Talks Tough As He Prepares To Battle Sanwo-olu by wonder233: 9:16am On Oct 08, 2018
As a political neutral, I see a lot of sense in what he is saying. APC supporters argue that Tinubu's imposition has been working for Lagos, but, with the huge IGR of the state, Lagos can do so much better.
Why not try something else? I mean, isn't that what democracy is all about? For the people to be the ultimate kingmakers and not for one individual to impose and electorate merely ratify?
Who is afraid of a change?

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos 2019: Agbaje Talks Tough As He Prepares To Battle Sanwo-olu by TOPCRUISE(m): 9:17am On Oct 08, 2018
sanmisaint:
He will be roundly defeated, again! Sanwo-Olu we know
Who is Sanwo olu. Since when did you start knowing him

23 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lagos 2019: Agbaje Talks Tough As He Prepares To Battle Sanwo-olu by Throwback: 9:17am On Oct 08, 2018
Jimi Agbaje no dey tire to lose and go missing for 4yrs, only to reappear for another loss.

10 Likes

Re: Lagos 2019: Agbaje Talks Tough As He Prepares To Battle Sanwo-olu by wonder233: 9:18am On Oct 08, 2018
You don't know any sanwoolu, you're just a tinubu stooge [aquote author=sanmisaint post=71887768]He will be roundly defeated, again! Sanwo-Olu we know[/quote]

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos 2019: Agbaje Talks Tough As He Prepares To Battle Sanwo-olu by wonder233: 9:19am On Oct 08, 2018
You don't know any sanwoolu, you're just a tinubu stooge . Even if tinubu presents his excrement as candidate, you will still shout, 'excreta we know'[aquote author=sanmisaint post=71887768]He will be roundly defeated, again! Sanwo-Olu we know[/quote]

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos 2019: Agbaje Talks Tough As He Prepares To Battle Sanwo-olu by TOPCRUISE(m): 9:20am On Oct 08, 2018
Sanwo olu is a forced candidate on lagosians by a dissatisfied few over Ambode. Had it been both of them faced each other at lagos guber elections. He will be roundly beaten

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos 2019: Agbaje Talks Tough As He Prepares To Battle Sanwo-olu by bibiking7(m): 9:20am On Oct 08, 2018

IN MY OWN OPINION. This man seems self Centered. You lost the last election and just ignored the citizens. During Amobodes mess ups, you kept mute. You cannot even form small opposition and just criticize small. Maybe the criticism would have even gingered the governor to do small work. You only bought the form because you felt you can ride on the discord in APC and capitalise on people's sentimental hatred for Tinubu. Bros, abeg talk better or leave us alone. I am going to Google what values you have added to Lagos lately.

27 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lagos 2019: Agbaje Talks Tough As He Prepares To Battle Sanwo-olu by niggi4life(m): 9:21am On Oct 08, 2018
This Jimi guy will still loose woefully

The reason why he even got a close fight in the last election was because PDP was the ruling party then.

If i were him, after losing the previous election, I will still be relevant in politics, making my voice heard, doing some charitable works, meeting with the masses e.g at Shoprite, rural markets, churches, mosques.

I will be criticizing the present govt and telling them what i would have done right.

If he had done all these, by now it would have been a cheap victory for him

But instead, he will loose and run away for four years, only to reappear again

34 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lagos 2019: Agbaje Talks Tough As He Prepares To Battle Sanwo-olu by Nobody: 9:21am On Oct 08, 2018
wonder233:
As a political neutral, I see a lot of sense in what he is saying. APC supporters argue that Tinubu's imposition has been working for Lagos, but, with the huge IGR of the state, Lagos can do so much better.
Why not try something else? I mean, isn't that what democracy is all about? For the people to be the ultimate kingmakers and not for one individual to impose and electorate merely ratify?
Who is afraid of a change?

Don't mind them. Lagos has huge IGR and if you're a serious somebody as governor, you will always perform. Lagos has that advantage. Jimi Agbaje should hire some of us that are ready to work for him for free. I have some blueprint that can be a game changer in Lagos. It won't be really difficult to defeat their new wonder kid that "Baba sowipe" dictated to them and end Tinubu's colonialism of Lagos.

4 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

2023 Polls: ‘We Stand By EU’, Labour Party Knocks Presidency / Nigeria’s Transport Inflation Surprisingly Falls For The First Time In 2 Years / Governor Douye Diri Approves Weekly Farming Days For Civil Servants

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.