Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,386 members, 7,815,825 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:59 PM

Car Engine Misfiring - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Car Engine Misfiring (1814 Views)

Help Oooooo!!! My 2001 Pt Cruiser 2.0 Misfiring And I Guess Is Spark Plugs Ooo / What Causes Car Misfiring? / Should You Turn Off The A/C System Before Shutting Off Your Car’s Engine? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Car Engine Misfiring by pawsofdikeje(m): 8:38am On Oct 09, 2018
Kindly assist me guys. I performed a servicing exercise on my mitsubishi galant 2003 model on Saturday.
I changed the engine oil, oil filter and also washed the plug with petrol. Afterwards, i noticed the engine has not been performing well cause it keeps giving me a misfiring sound before it swerves into full motion after a change of gear.

Will appreciate your input.
Re: Car Engine Misfiring by Elvino2real: 9:26am On Oct 09, 2018
Check your air flow meter.

1 Like

Re: Car Engine Misfiring by ZIMDRILL(m): 9:33am On Oct 09, 2018
pawsofdikeje:
Kindly assist me guys. I performed a servicing exercise on my mitsubishi galant 2003 model on Saturday.
I changed the engine oil, oil filter and also washed the plug with petrol. Afterwards, i noticed the engine has not been performing well cause it keeps giving me a misfiring sound before it swerves into full motion after a change of gear.

plugs dont get washed they get changed with new ones

so buy new ones and replace all the old ones you washed

2 Likes

Re: Car Engine Misfiring by homeboy205: 7:43pm On Oct 09, 2018
pawsofdikeje:

Do you get error code? Change all the plugs don't wash them

1 Like

Re: Car Engine Misfiring by timifakay(m): 12:09am On Oct 10, 2018
Please run a scan.
Re: Car Engine Misfiring by pawsofdikeje(m): 8:48am On Oct 10, 2018
Can i run a scan on a mitsubishi galant 2003 model?

timifakay:
Please run a scan.
Re: Car Engine Misfiring by pawsofdikeje(m): 8:48am On Oct 10, 2018
No error code.

Will change the plugs as adviced

homeboy205:

Do you get error code? Change all the plugs don't wash them
Re: Car Engine Misfiring by timifakay(m): 3:55pm On Oct 10, 2018
pawsofdikeje:
Can i run a scan on a mitsubishi galant 2003 model?

Yes
Every car made since 1997 is equipped with an OBD2 port.
Re: Car Engine Misfiring by thebigkendo(m): 6:10pm On Oct 10, 2018
timifakay:

Yes
Every car made since 1997 is equipped with an OBD2 port.

Kia Nigeria aka Dana Motors did not get the full memo grin grin grin

Inception:

My brother,

The vehicles sold as brand new for the Nigerian market are :

1. Basically watered down variants of the American counterparts ( imagine a 2012 KIA optima with only driver and passenger airbag, Manual seats, OBD 1 capability angry, and a mere ABS system only?!, where the american spec comes with a more powerful engine (GDI), driver, passenger, curtain airbag as standard, Bluetooth capability as standard...

2. Most car parts( Engine, Transmission) you get today are sourced from the US/canada, compared with fewer ones sourced fom Japan/ Korea.

This implies the ones coming from the Asian countries to be more Expensive( although they are usually with much lower mileages and in some cases better quality )
3. More as i remember...
Re: Car Engine Misfiring by Holumighty(m): 9:06pm On Oct 10, 2018
Elvino2real:
Check your air flow meter.

Please pay attention to this.
Re: Car Engine Misfiring by pawsofdikeje(m): 9:12am On Oct 11, 2018
I will.

Holumighty:

Please pay attention to this.
Re: Car Engine Misfiring by cmoney22222: 11:20am On Oct 13, 2018
were you able to solve this?

pawsofdikeje:
I will.

Re: Car Engine Misfiring by pawsofdikeje(m): 10:01pm On Oct 19, 2018
cmoney22222:
were you able to solve this?

The car was borrowed for a week now and driving it today, didnt notice the jerk. Will test drive again tomorrow and i pray its not d airflow cause i don taya to dey change dat flow meter.
Re: Car Engine Misfiring by pawsofdikeje(m): 9:25am On Dec 05, 2018
Finally, I fixed the car.

The problem:

One of the plug was faulty. The head and bottom of the plug were no longer in connection due to weakness therefore the engine was receiving partial energy.

I had to change all 4 plugs and the engine came back to normal.

Lesson learnt:

Don't tighten the plug to the engine too hard. I think i over did it when i serviced the car myself thus causing the damage to the plug. It took the professional hand of a mechanic to remove the bottom part of the plug from the engine.

(1) (Reply)

Toyota Camry 2010 @800k Without Clearance / 1999 Honda Accord Problems... / The New Peugeot 3008 (P84E): First Impression

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.