Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,257 members, 7,818,880 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:12 AM

Olusegun Obasanjo To Endorse Atiku Abubakar Eventually - SR - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Olusegun Obasanjo To Endorse Atiku Abubakar Eventually - SR (44087 Views)

Kannywood: Hausa Actors Endorse Atiku Abubakar Ahead Of 2019 (photos) / Igbos Didn’t Endorse Atiku, We Are Still Behind Buhari – Uche Nwosu / Cherubim And Seraphim Members Welcome Obasanjo To US With Music Band (VIDEO) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Olusegun Obasanjo To Endorse Atiku Abubakar Eventually - SR by ochejoseph(m): 2:34pm On Oct 09, 2018
EXCLUSIVE: Obasanjo To Eventually Endorse Atiku

“Baba believes that Buhari is too rigid, and you know Baba said long time ago that Buhari should go and rest in 2019,” a source close to the Owu-born politician told SaharaReporters on Tuesday. “Yes, Atiku and Baba have a history. But these days, he has been saying Atiku, despite all his foibles, will at least create more jobs and help to revive the ailing economy.”

Atiku Abubakar, presidential candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party PDP), is gradually making headway in his mission to win the heart of former President Olusegun Obasanjo, SaharaReporters can report.

Obasanjo is not the biggest fan of Atiku’s, the duo having endured a fractious relationship for more than a decade, starting from the latter years of their Aso Rock reign.

“How can I be on the same side with Atiku? To do what?” he had asked.

“If I support Atiku for anything, God will not forgive me. If I do not know, yes. But once I know, Atiku can never enjoy my support. I do not have personal grudges with anyone. If you do not do well for Nigeria, you do not do well for all of us.

“It is not a question of working with or not working with an individual. “If you are working for the good of Nigeria, I am working with you. If you are not working for the good of Nigeria it does not matter who you are I am not working with you.”

To Atiku’s credit, he launched a charm offensive on his former boss minutes after he was declared winner of the PDP presidential primary on Sunday, telling the crowd towards the end of his acceptance speech: "Finally, on a personal note, I wouldn't have been standing where I am today if my former boss, President Olusegun Obasanjo, had not made me his Vice President.

"Under his tutelage, I learnt quite a lot, and I believe the experience I have got is going to impact on how I eventually govern this country. I wish to pay my personal tribute to him."

SaharaReporters now understands Obasanjo’s hard stance against Atiku is gradually softening, and he is poised to “eventually endorse Atiku”.

“Baba believes that Buhari is too rigid, and you know Baba said long time ago that Buhari should go and rest in 2019,” a source close to the Owu-born politician told SaharaReporters on Tuesday.

“Yes, Atiku and Baba have a history. But these days, he has been saying Atiku, despite all his foibles, will at least create more jobs and help to revive the ailing economy.”

Since leaving office in 2007, Obasanjo has publicly backed or rejected an incumbent or incoming President.

He rejected Goodluck Jonathan in 2015 while endorsing Buhari; however, in January 2018, he rejected Buhari’s re-election bid with a ‘letter bomb’.

http://saharareporters.com/2018/10/09/exclusive-obasanjo-eventually-endorse-atiku

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Olusegun Obasanjo To Endorse Atiku Abubakar Eventually - SR by Generalkaycee(m): 2:35pm On Oct 09, 2018
A patriot must always be ready to defend his country against his government.

106 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Olusegun Obasanjo To Endorse Atiku Abubakar Eventually - SR by donphilopus: 2:36pm On Oct 09, 2018
Obasanjo doesn't need to endorse Atiku for him to win or lose. Obasanjo's endorsement can't guarantee Atiku victory in Ogun State let alone the Southwest as a whole.

We are no longer doubting Buhari's victory. What's still not clear to us however, is how wide the margin would be.

Atiku can't win any State in the Northwest which boasts of the highest voting strength in the country. He may be able to win two States of Adamawa and Taraba in the Northeast. Aside Plateau and Benue, Atiku isn't sure of winning any other State in the North Central including FCT.

Coming down South, Buhari is certain of winning all the States in the Southwest. If you think otherwise, you can prove it without being sentimental.

Buhari only needs 30% of the votes in the South South and Southeast and no doubt he would surely get it. Wike allocated votes to Jonathan in Rivers in 2015, that won't happen next year. Such won't happen in Delta and Akwa Ibom too.

To wrap it up, Atiku is late to the race so no need atikulating because doing that would yield no positive result.

92 Likes 15 Shares

Re: Olusegun Obasanjo To Endorse Atiku Abubakar Eventually - SR by Airforce01(m): 2:36pm On Oct 09, 2018
Obasanjo is the oracle of Nigerian Politics .

His endorsement of Alhaji Atiku Abubakar , will be the last straw that would break APC back in south west .

South East is already for Atiku.

Buhari vote will be depleted up North .. which will ofcourse signal the end of days for APC in our national lives. grin

Nigerian politics is sweet .

176 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Olusegun Obasanjo To Endorse Atiku Abubakar Eventually - SR by AroleOduduwa(m): 2:37pm On Oct 09, 2018
Lets get Nigeria working again
Atikulate
Atiku2019

127 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Olusegun Obasanjo To Endorse Atiku Abubakar Eventually - SR by raumdeuter: 2:38pm On Oct 09, 2018
Will make the defeat of OBJ + Atiku sweeter

So its Buhari + Tinubu VS Atiku + OBJ + Saraki + Kwakwanso + IPOB + Tambuwal

30 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Olusegun Obasanjo To Endorse Atiku Abubakar Eventually - SR by SHOPPERS(m): 2:38pm On Oct 09, 2018
Lalasticlala, you sef see am? E dey sweet for belle

11 Likes

Re: Olusegun Obasanjo To Endorse Atiku Abubakar Eventually - SR by CilicMarin: 2:38pm On Oct 09, 2018
Bait grin grin

Sahara Reporters want to draw out Obasanjo to react... grin grin

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Olusegun Obasanjo To Endorse Atiku Abubakar Eventually - SR by Brazenbabe: 2:39pm On Oct 09, 2018
Unseating Buhari in 2019 is a project that all forward thinking Nigerians should unite towards , regardless of ethnicity, religion or party.
There are no permanent friends or enemies in politics.

115 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Olusegun Obasanjo To Endorse Atiku Abubakar Eventually - SR by modath(f): 2:40pm On Oct 09, 2018
"TO"
Future IMPOSIBBLE tense... smiley

P.S.... Sahara is "credible" now but when the "news" doesn't favour then they are government agents. cheesy

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Olusegun Obasanjo To Endorse Atiku Abubakar Eventually - SR by arewaboy01(m): 2:42pm On Oct 09, 2018
CilicMarin:
Bait grin grin

u smart ...they want to know who he's rooting for...and he'll tell them his for doyin okupe

6 Likes

Re: Olusegun Obasanjo To Endorse Atiku Abubakar Eventually - SR by UniQue84: 2:43pm On Oct 09, 2018
Everything is working for our good, everything is working for our good, I can see everything Turning around, everything turning, everything turning around for our good .. cheesy grin cheesy cheesy

I know God will work wonders in Nigeria come 2019, the cry of the people have ascended to heaven ..

Buhari your loss is inevitable come 2019.

ATIKU ABUBAKAR..

Wailers will cry and cry grin cheesy

37 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Olusegun Obasanjo To Endorse Atiku Abubakar Eventually - SR by uwa1(m): 2:43pm On Oct 09, 2018
Though the news might be fake but baba need to calm down. He knows that the choice before us come 2019 lies between PDP and APC. As a leader and a father to the nation he need to look beyond his anger for Atiku...

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Olusegun Obasanjo To Endorse Atiku Abubakar Eventually - SR by QuotaSystem: 2:44pm On Oct 09, 2018
CilicMarin:
Bait grin grin

...and the bait looks too yummy for Baba to ignore...

What a crafty unnamed source... grin

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Olusegun Obasanjo To Endorse Atiku Abubakar Eventually - SR by Afamed: 2:44pm On Oct 09, 2018
The Obj I know will never support Atiku, SR is trying to draw a battle line between the two.

3 Likes

Re: Olusegun Obasanjo To Endorse Atiku Abubakar Eventually - SR by Ziggylady(f): 2:45pm On Oct 09, 2018
Obasanjo should please eat shittt..he is only but one man with an increasingly depleting influence..

If he likes let him endorse or decline to endorse,its his funeral.

4 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Olusegun Obasanjo To Endorse Atiku Abubakar Eventually - SR by drkay(m): 2:45pm On Oct 09, 2018
I seriously doubt this.
Re: Olusegun Obasanjo To Endorse Atiku Abubakar Eventually - SR by Ebimor96: 2:49pm On Oct 09, 2018
EVILFOREST:
Bye Bye to Expatriate BaBa.
When they keep saying ATIKU can’t travel to the US, I said better because Sai BaBa has traveled on his behalf.

We can’t afford to have another EXPATRIATE LEADERSHIP

grin grin grin grin

Chaiiii... ROTFLMAO over the EXPATRIATE alien.

Expatiate President, Expatriate Leadership = Colonialism.

BUHARI is evil.

11 Likes

Re: Olusegun Obasanjo To Endorse Atiku Abubakar Eventually - SR by Ebimor96: 2:49pm On Oct 09, 2018
@Mynd44, you're just nothing but an online bully.

On what grounds did you base your decision to delete my comments?

Don't you have a right to your opinions? If you do, am I not entitled to same privileges too?

Can you deny the fact that you're pro-APC?

Counter my opinions with a detailed analysis instead of resorting to your ban button.

Well, it's an open secret that you derive pleasure in afflicting Nairalanders, so I'll leave you to your ways.

PS: I expect you to push the BAN Button now!!!

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Olusegun Obasanjo To Endorse Atiku Abubakar Eventually - SR by Aieboocaar(m): 2:49pm On Oct 09, 2018
He chose The lesser devil

Adieu, Baba Go Slow!!! grin

13 Likes

Re: Olusegun Obasanjo To Endorse Atiku Abubakar Eventually - SR by chiefolododo(m): 2:50pm On Oct 09, 2018
Buhari Should pack

13 Likes

Re: Olusegun Obasanjo To Endorse Atiku Abubakar Eventually - SR by hucienda: 2:50pm On Oct 09, 2018
shocked shocked shocked Wooow ... Nigerian politics is funny, full of twists and turns.

If this news report is true, then Atiku has surmounted his seeming biggest challenge thus far.

Atiku issa goal, flying nodding issa goal!
cheesy grin grin

6 Likes

Re: Olusegun Obasanjo To Endorse Atiku Abubakar Eventually - SR by Nobody: 2:50pm On Oct 09, 2018
Baba de Baba
Re: Olusegun Obasanjo To Endorse Atiku Abubakar Eventually - SR by Nobody: 2:50pm On Oct 09, 2018
Bye Bye to Expatriate BaBa.
When they keep saying ATIKU can’t travel to the US, I said better because Sai BaBa has traveled on his behalf.

We can’t afford to have another EXPATRIATE LEADERSHIP

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Olusegun Obasanjo To Endorse Atiku Abubakar Eventually - SR by binsanni(m): 2:51pm On Oct 09, 2018
end of the road

11 Likes

Re: Olusegun Obasanjo To Endorse Atiku Abubakar Eventually - SR by Realisticallyme: 2:51pm On Oct 09, 2018
Truth be told.

What they don't know is Nobody is against Buhari because of religion!
Yar'adua was a Muslim (we all loved him)

Nobody is against Buhari because of ethnicity!
Yar'adua was Hausa-Fulani (we loved him)

Nobody is holding Buhari's sickness against him!
Yar'adua was sick (we all prayed for him)

Nobody is asking Buhari to perform magic of transformation
Yar'adua did not perform magic, he took little steps in the right direction that endeared him to us.

There was global recession in 2007-2009, one man came, saved us from the crisis. Saved Billions of Dollars for Nigeria, increased salaries, reduce pump price. I don’t know how he did it when he was sick, and he didn’t blame anyone. His name is Umaru Musa Yar’adua.

Nigerians only wanted Buhari to the right principles and everything will be right.

But the lifeless one says hell NO.

No project initiated and completed in almost 4 yrs now, yet he wants to continue.
God forbid.

25 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Olusegun Obasanjo To Endorse Atiku Abubakar Eventually - SR by Badonasty(m): 2:51pm On Oct 09, 2018
ochejoseph:
EXCLUSIVE: Obasanjo To Eventually Endorse Atiku
“Baba believes that Buhari is too rigid, and you know Baba said long time ago that Buhari should go and rest in 2019,” a source close to the Owu-born politician told SaharaReporters on Tuesday. “Yes, Atiku and Baba have a history. But these days, he has been saying Atiku, despite all his foibles, will at least create more jobs and help to revive the ailing economy.”

http://saharareporters.com/2018/10/09/exclusive-obasanjo-eventually-endorse-atiku

Waiting for reaction in 5...4...3...2...1
Re: Olusegun Obasanjo To Endorse Atiku Abubakar Eventually - SR by hisexcellency34: 2:51pm On Oct 09, 2018
l
Re: Olusegun Obasanjo To Endorse Atiku Abubakar Eventually - SR by Nobody: 2:51pm On Oct 09, 2018
Generalkaycee:
A patriot must always be ready to defend his country against his government.

meaning?

Oga they are 1
Re: Olusegun Obasanjo To Endorse Atiku Abubakar Eventually - SR by Nobody: 2:51pm On Oct 09, 2018
donphilopus:
Obasanjo doesn't need to endorse Atiku for him to win or lose. Obasanjo's endorsement can't guarantee Atiku victory in Ogun State let alone the Southwest as a whole.

We are no longer doubting Buhari's victory. What's still not clear to us however, is how wide the margin would be.

Atiku can't win any State in the Northwest which boasts of the highest voting strength in the country. He may be able to win two States of Adamawa and Taraba in the Northeast. Aside Plateau and Benue, Atiku isn't sure of winning any other State in the North Central including FCT.

Coming down South, Buhari is certain of winning all the States in the Southwest. If you think otherwise, you can prove it without being sentimental.

Buhari only needs 30% of the votes in the South South and Southeast and no doubt he would surely get it. Wike allocated votes to Jonathan in Rivers in 2015, that won't happen next year. Such won't happen in Delta and Akwa Ibom too.

To wrap it up, Atiku is late to the race so no need atikulating because doing that would yield no positive result.
Wow!
You have said it all sir!

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Indimi Slams Reno Omokri Over Comment On Otedola Donating 5bn For Charity / Adesina: Why Buhari Didn’t Deal With Fayose, Wike / Fayose Drives Caterpillar To Flag Off Road Construction (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.