Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,359 members, 7,812,014 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 06:16 AM

Who Pays The Bills????? Now That Rent Is Near, that is all we hear...� - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Who Pays The Bills????? Now That Rent Is Near, that is all we hear...� (5246 Views)

Opinion: Any Married Woman Who Pays Her Own Bills Is Single. / ‘My Boyfriend Pays The Rent For Our House But He Doesn’t Know I’m The Landlord’ / His Wife Denies Him Sex Even When He Pays All The Bills (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Who Pays The Bills????? Now That Rent Is Near, that is all we hear...� by Wonder2018: 7:43pm On Oct 09, 2018
Wife:Hey babe you didn’t even ask me how my day went??
Husband:Who pays the bills?? (Angrily)
Wife: babe you didn’t even ask me what is wrong with me.....
husband: who pays the bills
Men, abeg is this how you ask these questions. It makes me so unhappy, cause I know men that do more yet they don’t remind their wives. Was chatting with a friend
Then would you advice home bills to be shared. Who should pay what. I run a small daycare and logistics firm... am not making so much but then at least am working.., let’s talk guys, especially those running small scale businesses, what Is you own share of the bill, we are not rich but we are belong to the class of the average Nigerian family who lives a comfortable life, but all his family bills are on his head, his mum, and sometimes his siblings, including extended family, uncle, Aunty, cousins, nieces all on him...
so from my small set up I take care of the weekly feedings in the home and little little bills that concerns the home, but the rent and kids school fees is on him and I think it’s weighing him down thereby making him transfer aggression on me...
But if I ask if he needs help with the bills, he says he is fine and can handle it, but why are you aggressive, why remind all the time you are the one that pays the bills.
Please dear men, is this how it is?? If you pay the bills, should we not have peace in the house because we don’t pay the rent with you
Then women in the house how do you share bill paying in your home
Re: Who Pays The Bills????? Now That Rent Is Near, that is all we hear...� by AJOBI77(m): 7:53pm On Oct 09, 2018
Lol
Re: Who Pays The Bills????? Now That Rent Is Near, that is all we hear...� by Topccy007z: 7:57pm On Oct 09, 2018
K
Re: Who Pays The Bills????? Now That Rent Is Near, that is all we hear...� by MrNipplesLover(m): 10:37pm On Oct 09, 2018
TonieLee

abeg, come shook mouth grin
Re: Who Pays The Bills????? Now That Rent Is Near, that is all we hear...� by JoannaSedley(f): 4:17am On Oct 10, 2018
Just bills....only bills... The only thing men are expected to do, they are screaming and harassing everybody.

Who cook, clean, wash, give birth, nurture the infant, give up careers, manage businesses and work to support the family.?

Ordinary bills that women can comfortably take care of when the man is no more. You see many widows struggling to provide and cater for her family but a widower is already jumping around looking for who to share bills with. Bunch of pussies parading as men.

Just provide for your family...just that.

All this new generation mamasboy....waiting to be spoonfed. Looking for a woman to share bills with but won't share housework.... Man up and take over your responsibility

20 Likes

Re: Who Pays The Bills????? Now That Rent Is Near, that is all we hear...� by PSTEMMA1960(m): 7:40am On Oct 10, 2018
JoannaSedley:
Just bills....only bills... The only thing men are expected to do, they are screaming and harassing everybody.

Who cook, clean, wash, give birth, nurture the infant, give up careers, manage businesses and work to support the family.?

Ordinary bills that women can comfortably take care of when the man is no more. You see many widows struggling to provide and cater for her family but a widower is already jumping around looking for who to share bills with. Bunch of pussies parading as men.

All this new generation mamasboy....waiting to be spoonfed. Looking for a woman to share bills with but won't share housework.... Man up and take over your responsibility
tongue
JoannaSedley:

Re: Who Pays The Bills????? Now That Rent Is Near, that is all we hear...� by YOUNGELDER1(m): 9:04am On Oct 10, 2018
Wonder2018:
Men, abeg is this how you ask these questions. It makes me so unhappy, cause I know men that do more yet they don’t remind their wives. Was chatting with a friend
Then would you advice home bills to be shared. Who should pay what. I run a small daycare and logistics firm... am not making so much but then at least am working.., let’s talk guys, especially those running small scale businesses, what Is you own share of the bill, we are not rich but we are belong to the class of the average Nigerian family who lives a comfortable life, but all his family bills are on his head, his mum, and sometimes his siblings, including extended family, uncle, Aunty, cousins, nieces all on him...
so from my small set up I take care of the weekly feedings in the home and little little bills that concerns the home, but the rent and kids school fees is on him and I think it’s weighing him down thereby making him transfer aggression on me...
But if I ask if he needs help with the bills, he says he is fine and can handle it, but why are you aggressive, why remind all the time you are the one that pays the bills.
Please dear men, is this how it is?? If you pay the bills, should we not have peace in the house because we don’t pay the rent with you

Just assist him with the little you can whenever you can.

Like electricity bills or Cable tv if you can.

2 Likes

Re: Who Pays The Bills????? Now That Rent Is Near, that is all we hear...� by ImaIma1(f): 10:46am On Oct 10, 2018
JoannaSedley:

You are mean cheesy but this is the reality of many men today

3 Likes

Re: Who Pays The Bills????? Now That Rent Is Near, that is all we hear...� by Wonder2018: 10:58am On Oct 10, 2018
JoannaSedley:

My dear tell me another story I don’t know, bills apparently the only thing this men do,
I was at the hospital with his child myself and his mum, for 3days taking turn, his own was just to visit for few minutes, and after discharge of course foot the bills, I noticed he became aggressive and my presence started irritating him, only for Oga to tell me today that I didn’t even show any pity for him after paying bills of 55k. Am asking him what I was supposed to do, he no gree answer, he said I was supposed to show concern that he paid that much on hospital bill, it’s getting tiring, all we hear is bills bills bills, I cook, I clean, I take care of your kids, I do the little I can, if there is home bill of 10k I drop 4k based on what I can afford Cause I pay office and salary bills too, why should I now now have peace again....
Single girls marry right oo, nothing is rushing anyone take your time to choose your man, long and short of everything.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Who Pays The Bills????? Now That Rent Is Near, that is all we hear...� by GoodFaith: 2:17pm On Oct 10, 2018
Wonder2018:

You think " I think it’s weighing him down thereby making him transfer aggression on me..."
Why asking? When u know it is weighing down-- help
Just give him some money if you have it
Re: Who Pays The Bills????? Now That Rent Is Near, that is all we hear...� by GoodFaith: 2:44pm On Oct 10, 2018
JoannaSedley:

Because you don't have two hands like the men
or you don't have education like the men
Please tell me what you should do with your money?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Who Pays The Bills????? Now That Rent Is Near, that is all we hear...� by JoannaSedley(f): 3:07pm On Oct 10, 2018
GoodFaith:

Because you don't have two hands like the men
or you don't have education like the men
Please tell me what you should do with your money?

My two hands are already occupied with housework, childbearing and rearing. Did i even include my professional career where I hustle it out with men un my office to gather daily bread for the family.? What I do with my money? For private jets of course,... or what do you think?

Traditionally, a man IS supposed to JUST provide for his family but what do we have here. Mamas pet crying all over town because society is forcing them to take up their God given responsibilty.
One of the reasons dysfunctional families are rife is because men are not living up to their expectations. The balance of family has greatly shifted as women are out of the family to make ends meet, leaving the children to the mercies of the househelps.

13 Likes

Re: Who Pays The Bills????? Now That Rent Is Near, that is all we hear...� by JoannaSedley(f): 3:22pm On Oct 10, 2018
GoodFaith:

You think " I think it’s weighing him down thereby making him transfer aggression on me..."
Why asking? When u know it is weighing down-- help
Just give him some money if you have it
Will the man help her in running the home? Or the woman should always be the one doing the helpings.?

Your guys should fear God in all this one sided advices.

12 Likes

Re: Who Pays The Bills????? Now That Rent Is Near, that is all we hear...� by tunjilana: 3:27pm On Oct 10, 2018
The bills will never go away but tension needs not come with it

1. Draw up a proper home budget with everything factored
2. Since you both work and dream big for your family, funding has to be done by both of you.
3. Agree to a workable percentage upfront based on your income and items in the budget
4. Have a joint account for all the expenses in the budget where u put funds monthly
5. Whoever is more financially disciplined among you should be the major custodian of the account and the implementer of the budget.
6. In your budget, things like school fees, Rent and healthcare should be broken down into monthly figures and included in the budget

With this, it is only serious emergencies that will take away your peace and not day to day running, it will also be easy to see when one party is being weighed down in line with their contributions versus their income. That way you can assist in love or help each other grow

3 Likes

Re: Who Pays The Bills????? Now That Rent Is Near, that is all we hear...� by GoodFaith: 4:04pm On Oct 10, 2018
JoannaSedley:
Will the man help her in running the home? Or the woman should always be the one doing the helpings.?

Because you don't fear God
You want to kill the men
Marriage is a team "one team not two teams" together
Re: Who Pays The Bills????? Now That Rent Is Near, that is all we hear...� by GoodFaith: 4:09pm On Oct 10, 2018
JoannaSedley:
My two hands are already occupied with housework, childbearing and rearing. Did i even include my professional career where I hustle it out with men un my office to gather daily bread for the family.? What I do with my money? For private jets of course,... or what do you think?

Traditionally, a man IS supposed to JUST provide for his family but what do we have here. Mamas pet crying all over town because society is forcing them to take up their God given responsibilty.
One of the reasons dysfunctional families are rife is because men are not living up to their expectations. The balance of family has greatly shifted as women are out of the family to make ends meet, leaving the children to the mercies of the househelps.

Let me tell you young women
I was talking to a neighbor where I have one property
The neighbor told me he bought his house 40 yrs ago for $80k today in the neighborhood the house cost $280k
40 yrs ago one income can pay for a house and two cars
Today world families need two income .
One of the reason your women want the best
I have sisters
One of my sister save the down pay for their house
The other sister told me their house will be pay off in 10 yrs
My aunt told me she share the bill with her husband

1 Like

Re: Who Pays The Bills????? Now That Rent Is Near, that is all we hear...� by JoannaSedley(f): 4:19pm On Oct 10, 2018
GoodFaith:

Because you don't fear God
You want to kill the men
Marriage is a team "one team not two teams" together
One team embarassed. Yeah right....when it come to bills it is a team effort but when it comes to house chores it is the woman's responsibility.
No wonder some women feels so elated when their husband is no more.

7 Likes

Re: Who Pays The Bills????? Now That Rent Is Near, that is all we hear...� by GoodFaith: 4:19pm On Oct 10, 2018
JoannaSedley:

Yes men do house work called yard work
Do you do the lawn
do you do the snow
do u clear the gutters

4 Likes

Re: Who Pays The Bills????? Now That Rent Is Near, that is all we hear...� by GoodFaith: 4:20pm On Oct 10, 2018
JoannaSedley:
One team embarassed. Yeah right....when it come to bills it is a team effort but when it comes to house chores it is the woman's responsibility.
No wonder some women feels so elated when their husband is no more[i][/i].
people run for this lady
she will kill her husband

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Who Pays The Bills????? Now That Rent Is Near, that is all we hear...� by JoannaSedley(f): 4:25pm On Oct 10, 2018
GoodFaith:

Yes men do house work called yard work
Do you do the lawn
do you do the snow
do u clean the gutters
Oh no!!!!!!! I was chatting with oyibo man. Sorry sir.

Just comot here.

This thread is not for your kind Sir, but for my average Nigerian man with the traditional African mindset and mentality to continue the enslavement of womenfolk. They want to share bills but won't share any housework...whether clearing of gutter, sweeping of the compound since most of us don't have lawns or bathing THEIR KIDS.

3 Likes

Re: Who Pays The Bills????? Now That Rent Is Near, that is all we hear...� by GoodFaith: 4:29pm On Oct 10, 2018
JoannaSedley:
Oh no!!!!!!! I was chatting with oyibo man. Sorry sir.

Just comot here.

This thread is not for your kind Sir, but for my average Nigerian man with the traditional African mindset and mentality to continue the enslavement of womenfolk. They want to share bills but won't share any housework...whether clearing of gutter, sweeping of the compound since most of us don't have lawns or bathing THEIR KIDS.
There have always being bill share in Nigeria
Most home fathers build house likely with the help of a wife and pay school fee
Mother get 5k for food from fathers and guess what mother spend 20k for food
mother buy your clothes and give you pocket money
Nigerian wives has being share bill for a very long time

2 Likes

Re: Who Pays The Bills????? Now That Rent Is Near, that is all we hear...� by JoannaSedley(f): 4:29pm On Oct 10, 2018
GoodFaith:

people run for this lady
she will kill her husband
Oh !!!! Here it comes.
Re: Who Pays The Bills????? Now That Rent Is Near, that is all we hear...� by JoannaSedley(f): 4:31pm On Oct 10, 2018
GoodFaith:

There have always being bill share in Nigeria
Most home fathers build house likely with the help of a wife and pay school fee
Mother get 5k for food guess what mother spend 20k for food
mother buy your clothes and give you pocket money
Nigerian wives has being share bill for a very long time
YOU JUMP THE HOUSE CHORES. WHY IS THAT?
NIGERIAN FATHERS SHARE THAT TOO.? OR YOU WILL QUOTE AMERICA AGAIN

2 Likes

Re: Who Pays The Bills????? Now That Rent Is Near, that is all we hear...� by GoodFaith: 4:33pm On Oct 10, 2018
JoannaSedley:
YOU JUMP THE HOUSE CHORES. WHY IS THAT?
NIGERIAN FATHERS SHARE THAT TOO.? OR YOU WILL QUOTE AMERICA AGAIN
chores
Lot of home as house help
Re: Who Pays The Bills????? Now That Rent Is Near, that is all we hear...� by GoodFaith: 4:36pm On Oct 10, 2018
JoannaSedley:
Oh !!!! Here it comes.
My views sister
Re: Who Pays The Bills????? Now That Rent Is Near, that is all we hear...� by Ayt27(m): 5:14pm On Oct 10, 2018
JoannaSedley:

Sis forget ooo.....Bills is the koko. No woman wants a non-provider and will align herself to someone who can provide.
These things you mentioned you can actually pay someone to do them for you, if you can afford the bills.
But you can’t pay someone to clear the bills for you.

2 Likes

Re: Who Pays The Bills????? Now That Rent Is Near, that is all we hear...� by JoannaSedley(f): 6:01pm On Oct 10, 2018
Ayt27:

Sis forget ooo.....Bills is the koko. No woman wants a non-provider and will align herself to someone who can provide.
These things you mentioned you can actually pay someone to do them for you, if you can afford the bills.
But you can’t pay someone to clear the bills for you.
Now someone understands. Wouldn't mind sharing the bills when THESE are taken care of.

4 Likes

Re: Who Pays The Bills????? Now That Rent Is Near, that is all we hear...� by CHoccolaTE: 6:09pm On Oct 10, 2018
Let selfishness and wickedness not kill Nigerian men.
So what's the big deal in assisting your wife instead of hiring house help who in some cases are dangerous criminals?
Did we not read on Nairaland some few days ago how one housemaid stabbed her madam and ran away with her belongings? Or is it the one when the maid absconded with her madam children, thank God that one was caught.
Men assist your wives, stop feeling too superior to do house work.
You want her to help you with cash but your self centered wicked souls will make excuses when it comes to helping her with her own duties.

4 Likes

Re: Who Pays The Bills????? Now That Rent Is Near, that is all we hear...� by GoodFaith: 6:19pm On Oct 10, 2018
CHoccolaTE:
So what's the big deal in assisting your wife instead of hiring house help who in some cases are dangerous criminals?
Did we not read on Nairaland some few days ago how one housemaid stabbed her madam and ran away with her belongings? Or is it the one when the maid absconded with her madam children, thank God that one was caught.
You want her to help you with cash but your self centered wicked souls will make excuses when it comes to helping her with her own duties.

Nigerian men don't help their wives with chores ?
Really
Can you help me with some cash?
Re: Who Pays The Bills????? Now That Rent Is Near, that is all we hear...� by GoodFaith: 6:28pm On Oct 10, 2018
CHoccolaTE:
"Let selfishness and wickedness not kill Nigerian men." all Nigerian men are evil?
U good
Get real

1 Like

Re: Who Pays The Bills????? Now That Rent Is Near, that is all we hear...� by Acidosis(m): 6:59pm On Oct 10, 2018
CHoccolaTE:

Chai! Alot of bitter women (aka Cococandy/ Seawhawk recruits) don invade this section.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Who Pays The Bills????? Now That Rent Is Near, that is all we hear...� by CHM11: 7:11pm On Oct 10, 2018
JoannaSedley:

you sound very angry ma, take it easy dear.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Are Men Hoarders (of Their Exs) In Nature?? / #IWD2022: Mamador Celebrates And Stands With Nigerian Women To Break The Bias / If U Are 30 And Still In Ur Parents House,read This.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.