Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,546 members, 7,837,095 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 04:43 PM

Lagos VIS Now Use Street Cameras To Capture Cars With Invalid Documents - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Lagos VIS Now Use Street Cameras To Capture Cars With Invalid Documents (25659 Views)

VIS Removes Over 50 Rickety Buses From Lagos Roads (Photos) / Anambra Importers Now Use Lagos Seaport - Rivers Operators Cry Out To FG / Abuja begins installation of Surveillance cameras to curb insecurity. Video (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lagos VIS Now Use Street Cameras To Capture Cars With Invalid Documents by autojosh: 7:51pm On Oct 09, 2018
Last year, the Lagos State Government launched an e-inspection and e-billing system which will use Street Cameras, Car Number Plate Recognition and Radio Frequency Identification (RFID) to identify vehicles plying Lagos Roads without valid documents. 

The street cameras will capture vehicles randomly as seen in the photo inset in the bill below, the details of the vehicle will be run through the vehicle database and a bill will be sent to the house of the owners of errant vehicles. 

This is no fiction as people have started getting such bills in their houses and a team will be sent to your house to impound your car if you do not pay the fine or correct any inconsistent bill within 7 days. 

The owner of the Uber fleet Toyota Echo seen in the photo below was at work last week Wednesday (3rd October 2018) when he got a call from his security man who told him he had a letter from Lagos State Government. It was the VIS at his doorstep with a N20,000 bill. Offense was - No valid Roadworthiness Certificate (RWC). The fines may range from N20, 000 to N250, 000, depending on the offence and the number of times you have been caught.   

In order to avoid any form of embarrassment, the owner of the car visited the VIS office in Alausa on Monday and to his surprise, other car owners had been caught with fake vehicle licences, road worthiness and insurance certificates. Someone even had a fake comprehensive insurance certificate. The cameras also check for non-functioning headlights and tail lights. A man whose car was caught got so embarrassed that he has been fighting with the VIS officials to come and help him beg his landlord. 

Fortunately for the owner of the Echo, they realized his car had a valid Roadworthiness Certificate after checking their database. The problem was from VIS after all and he was asked to come back for a clean-bill. The man was furious for his wasted time and energy. Some other vehicle owners were not that fortunate as they had to pay the huge fines. 

If your vehicle papers are genuine, you should get an SMS notification when registering it. According to the VIS officials, short codes will be made available to check the authenticity of vehicle documents. You can also confirm the authenticity of your vehicle insurance HERE or use this short code *565*11# at the rate of N20.   

If you were excited that the Vehicle Inspection Officers have been ordered off Lagos roads, this may hit you as a bad news because they are still watching from their office through those lenses.

Have you been caught before? Do you think this is a good development or are you against it? Tell us what you think in the comment section.

https://autojosh.com/lagos-vis-cameras

2 Likes

Re: Lagos VIS Now Use Street Cameras To Capture Cars With Invalid Documents by jideflash(m): 8:37pm On Oct 09, 2018
1st FTC. Good idea

3 Likes

Re: Lagos VIS Now Use Street Cameras To Capture Cars With Invalid Documents by peacengine(m): 9:23pm On Oct 09, 2018
Cool

3 Likes

Re: Lagos VIS Now Use Street Cameras To Capture Cars With Invalid Documents by spinna: 10:44pm On Oct 09, 2018
Las Gidi..no place like it!

12 Likes

Re: Lagos VIS Now Use Street Cameras To Capture Cars With Invalid Documents by SKhanmi: 9:26am On Oct 10, 2018
Will it work on danfo drivers? Oh,those one's are the agbero's burden. Nice development although it's likely to be tweaked as per another free money making apparatus for the syndicate.

17 Likes

Re: Lagos VIS Now Use Street Cameras To Capture Cars With Invalid Documents by hisexcellency34: 1:39pm On Oct 10, 2018
Ambode pls, dont bring VIO back on the roads. Don't vent your frustration on Lagosians, vent on Tinubu please

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lagos VIS Now Use Street Cameras To Capture Cars With Invalid Documents by Andrewgame42: 1:39pm On Oct 10, 2018
Useless government, better go and fix badagry road,
Misplaced piros
*spits on jagaban*
*spits on ambode*
*spits on my ex gf Cynthia*
*spits Manchester united*

Useless government
All of you are mad!

47 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lagos VIS Now Use Street Cameras To Capture Cars With Invalid Documents by opeyehmmy(m): 1:40pm On Oct 10, 2018
Ok
Re: Lagos VIS Now Use Street Cameras To Capture Cars With Invalid Documents by helphelp: 1:40pm On Oct 10, 2018
Hmmm
Re: Lagos VIS Now Use Street Cameras To Capture Cars With Invalid Documents by Nobody: 1:40pm On Oct 10, 2018
Good initiative cool

3 Likes

Re: Lagos VIS Now Use Street Cameras To Capture Cars With Invalid Documents by Firefire(m): 1:40pm On Oct 10, 2018
Eko onibaje ooo

3 Likes

Re: Lagos VIS Now Use Street Cameras To Capture Cars With Invalid Documents by oluwasegun007(m): 1:41pm On Oct 10, 2018
OYA LEGGO THERE, OPERATION TECHNOLOGY FOR VIO.....DON'T BE SURPRISED IF YOU SEE YOUR CAR IN ERROR.... grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Lagos VIS Now Use Street Cameras To Capture Cars With Invalid Documents by zicocards(m): 1:41pm On Oct 10, 2018
Lagos leads...

1 Like

Re: Lagos VIS Now Use Street Cameras To Capture Cars With Invalid Documents by Hizeey: 1:42pm On Oct 10, 2018
In no time it’ll get hacked. #9jaissajoke
Re: Lagos VIS Now Use Street Cameras To Capture Cars With Invalid Documents by Nobody: 1:42pm On Oct 10, 2018
kk
Re: Lagos VIS Now Use Street Cameras To Capture Cars With Invalid Documents by ozento: 1:43pm On Oct 10, 2018
wasted effot coz it wil nt pass the test of time. innocent drivers wil still b harazd at the end of the day. there wil b confusion and chaos everyday coz of overzelousnes from dos greedy VIO officials. at the end of the day the government may ve no choice dan to band or limit it use.thiefs.

1 Like

Re: Lagos VIS Now Use Street Cameras To Capture Cars With Invalid Documents by kidman96(m): 1:45pm On Oct 10, 2018
This technology is for private vehicles. Rubbish!

90% of the danfos in Lagos don't have valid papers, even the danfo drivers are invalids... And the government is doing nothing about it...

7 Likes

Re: Lagos VIS Now Use Street Cameras To Capture Cars With Invalid Documents by gbaskiboy: 1:46pm On Oct 10, 2018
Power supply will affect the efficacy of VIS

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos VIS Now Use Street Cameras To Capture Cars With Invalid Documents by bigdot1759(m): 1:52pm On Oct 10, 2018
Let me try & hack it in 1min
Re: Lagos VIS Now Use Street Cameras To Capture Cars With Invalid Documents by Nobody: 1:54pm On Oct 10, 2018
Andrewgame42:
Misplaced piros
*spits on jagaban*
*spits on ambode*

Useless government
All of you are mad!

Lol.

2 Likes

Re: Lagos VIS Now Use Street Cameras To Capture Cars With Invalid Documents by pol23: 2:05pm On Oct 10, 2018
My paper Don expire for over a year now.
I'm sure it's not working.
Re: Lagos VIS Now Use Street Cameras To Capture Cars With Invalid Documents by sirusX(m): 2:09pm On Oct 10, 2018
pol23:
My paper Don expire for over a year now.
I'm sure it's not working.

Just chill...dem go bring 40 leaves notebook come your domot

But wait oo....which area that camera dey make I dey avoid am

9 Likes

Re: Lagos VIS Now Use Street Cameras To Capture Cars With Invalid Documents by Nobody: 2:14pm On Oct 10, 2018
Andrewgame42:
Misplaced piros
*spits on jagaban*
*spits on ambode*

Useless government
All of you are mad!
Lolsssss...Wetin Cynthia do u na?

4 Likes

Re: Lagos VIS Now Use Street Cameras To Capture Cars With Invalid Documents by Sleekfingers: 2:14pm On Oct 10, 2018
Andrewgame42:
Misplaced piros
*spits on jagaban*
*spits on ambode*

Useless government
All of you are mad!

Why are you so angry? Take it easy

1 Like

Re: Lagos VIS Now Use Street Cameras To Capture Cars With Invalid Documents by holluwai(m): 2:15pm On Oct 10, 2018
Better
Re: Lagos VIS Now Use Street Cameras To Capture Cars With Invalid Documents by igbsam(m): 2:20pm On Oct 10, 2018
location of these cameras for those who want to avoid those route

1 Like

Re: Lagos VIS Now Use Street Cameras To Capture Cars With Invalid Documents by principalgee: 2:22pm On Oct 10, 2018
Corruption continues!, if govt can think of fixing cameras on road and done successfully , why can't d same govt run water to all buildings, stable electricity, good drainage etc, I think basic amenities is what Nigerians need not ways to generate mumu revenue.

2 Likes

Re: Lagos VIS Now Use Street Cameras To Capture Cars With Invalid Documents by nemadfsyahooc: 2:23pm On Oct 10, 2018
I bet those cameras are blind to those bad rickety commercial buses playing oshodi-apapa and mile 12-onipanu. Or is it only for private vehicles?

6 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (Reply)

Lagos To Enforce Regulations On Ride Hailing Companies From August 20 / I Regretted The Prayers I Offered To God To Take Me To Usa / A Nigerian Lady Talks Of Her Cultural Shock In France:

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.