Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,043 members, 7,835,512 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 11:08 AM

Anambra Importers Now Use Lagos Seaport - Rivers Operators Cry Out To FG - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Anambra Importers Now Use Lagos Seaport - Rivers Operators Cry Out To FG (23612 Views)

Ondo Multipurpose Deep Seaport Project To Cost $1 Billion / Jet Fuel Now ₦670 Per Litre From ₦170 - Airline Operators Cry Out / Emirates Cancels All Flights To Nigeria In Retaliation To FG Once A Week Flight (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Anambra Importers Now Use Lagos Seaport - Rivers Operators Cry Out To FG by Ctorch: 9:21pm On Nov 22, 2021
Clearing and forwarding operators in Rivers have called on the Federal Government to upgrade the Port Harcourt seaport to enable it meet current demands in cargo handling.

Mr Jose Lok, Managing Director, Ports and Terminal Operators Nig. LTD (PTOL) said this on Monday while addressing newsmen in Port Harcourt.

The News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) reports that the Port Harcourt seaport was constructed over 100 years ago.

Lok was represented at the event by Mr Jonathan Njoku, Cooperate Affairs Manager, PTOL.

He said that an upgrade on the Port Harcourt port had become imperative as the facility could no longer accommodate further surface dredging.

“Our challenges are numerous but among the greatest are the draft; we have a very shallow draft, not more than nine meters and there is a limit to which a port could be dredged.

“The Port Harcourt port is over 100 years old, we even wanted to dredge it but the foundation is no longer conducive for further dredging“, he said.

He said other factors such as poor access roads, truck holding bays and poor security within the seaport were constraining businesses at the facility.

“If our ports here in the south are well secured, vessels will come, importers will be confident in bringing their cargoes.

“Right now most importers from Anambra especially Awka and Onitsha areas take their cargoes to as far as Lagos state where they have more confidence in safety of their goods,” he said.

The PTOL boss therefore urged relevant authorities to beef up security at the ports and their host communities.

“For instance, if importers spend a lot on security, they will be left with no option than factor it into prices of their goods and the end user now pays for whatever they may have spent.

“Goods down south will be cheaper than what we currently have if those security expenses which i described as needless are appropriately handled by relevant authorities.

“I call it needless expenses because in other ports, especially the Lagos ports, importers don’t make provision for security, they don’t spend money on security of their vessels and cargoes.

“We understand that no matter the model, insecurity cannot be eradicated but we are calling on relevant authorities to employ measures to ameliorate it,” he said.

https://guardian.ng/business-services/maritime/kua-editing-ports-operators-urge-fg-to-upgrade-port-harcourt-seaport/#:~:text=in%20cargo%20handling.-,Clearing%20and%20forwarding%20operators%20in%20Rivers%20have%20called%20on%20the,addressing%20newsmen%20in%20Port%20Harcourt.

3 Likes

Re: Anambra Importers Now Use Lagos Seaport - Rivers Operators Cry Out To FG by trutharena: 9:22pm On Nov 22, 2021
Who is to blame for the insecurity? When successive Lagos government are providing enabling environment security wise what are the River state governors doing?

“Right now most importers from Anambra especially Awka and Onitsha areas take their cargoes to as far as Lagos state where they have more confidence in safety of their goods,” he said.

So the ports are even working, I thought they said the SS port are not working that na only Lagos get port, so where are those that are initially using these said ports?

50 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Anambra Importers Now Use Lagos Seaport - Rivers Operators Cry Out To FG by Nobody: 9:23pm On Nov 22, 2021
Well to me Lagos seaport is totally preferable ka mmadu balu asili na uno..

The Importers that diverted to Lagos might be due to the hostile environment created by the Government of Rivers state against them.

No sane Igbo man will not look for favorable business environment with the current heat unleashed on them by Nyerishi in Rivers state.

Who will see chill water and Jump into frying pan.

66 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Anambra Importers Now Use Lagos Seaport - Rivers Operators Cry Out To FG by Xscape1993(m): 9:24pm On Nov 22, 2021
Everything in Nigeria is full of politics.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anambra Importers Now Use Lagos Seaport - Rivers Operators Cry Out To FG by SlayerForever: 9:26pm On Nov 22, 2021
New memes incoming grin

Modified : dropped grin

75 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Anambra Importers Now Use Lagos Seaport - Rivers Operators Cry Out To FG by Nobody: 9:31pm On Nov 22, 2021
trutharena:
Who is to blame for the insecurity? When successive Lagos government are providing enabling environment security wise what are the River state governors doing?

So the ports are even working, I thought they said the SS port are not working that na only Lagos get port, so where are those that are initially using these said ports?

What's your point?

9 Likes

Re: Anambra Importers Now Use Lagos Seaport - Rivers Operators Cry Out To FG by SlayerForever: 9:33pm On Nov 22, 2021
Lalasticlala

1 Like

Re: Anambra Importers Now Use Lagos Seaport - Rivers Operators Cry Out To FG by Pass11: 9:47pm On Nov 22, 2021
If they want that seaport in River State to work,they should first chase out any ijaw element from river State and push them back to bayelsa state.

21 Likes

Re: Anambra Importers Now Use Lagos Seaport - Rivers Operators Cry Out To FG by Omanambala(m): 9:47pm On Nov 22, 2021
Xscape1993:
Everything in Nigeria is full of politics.

There is no politics here but I can tell you these Ikwerre eidiots will be served in due time. With all the oil trillions what have they achieved....they are cursed to be extinct!

40 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anambra Importers Now Use Lagos Seaport - Rivers Operators Cry Out To FG by bomb24: 9:47pm On Nov 22, 2021
Omanambala:
I will rather be friends with Yoruba and marry their women than touch Ikwerre with a long pole.

I don't like to poke nose into Ikwerre and Ika matter but these little villages are destined for missery. The hate they give the Igbo will be returned ten folds.

Every Igbo person must raise their children to understand the amount of hate these people have faced us with in our trying times..!!

juliusmalema shut up this Igala boy.!

24 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Anambra Importers Now Use Lagos Seaport - Rivers Operators Cry Out To FG by Omanambala(m): 9:49pm On Nov 22, 2021
Pass11:
If they want that seaport in River State to work,they should first chase out any ijaw element from river State and push them back to bayelsa state.

No , we should overrun that dungeon in Rivers and elect actual human beings....those Ikwerre are worse than ratttts and coccvkroaches!!

13 Likes

Re: Anambra Importers Now Use Lagos Seaport - Rivers Operators Cry Out To FG by Omanambala(m): 9:50pm On Nov 22, 2021
bomb24:

juliusmalema shut up this Igala boy.!

Yes , I am Igala because they are good neighbors but thank God I ain't Ikwerre...phew!

10 Likes

Re: Anambra Importers Now Use Lagos Seaport - Rivers Operators Cry Out To FG by Nobody: 9:53pm On Nov 22, 2021
Pass11:

Are you okay?

Ipob delusions.

The message is directed to FG not people like you.

7 Likes

Re: Anambra Importers Now Use Lagos Seaport - Rivers Operators Cry Out To FG by Nobody: 9:55pm On Nov 22, 2021
Omanambala:

There is no politics here but I can tell you these Ikwerre eidiots will be served in due time. With all the oil trillions what have they achieved....they are cursed to be extinct!

No politics.

I fully agree.

5 Likes

Re: Anambra Importers Now Use Lagos Seaport - Rivers Operators Cry Out To FG by otokx(m): 9:56pm On Nov 22, 2021
What happened to the ports in Onne, Warri, Koko, Sapele etc

6 Likes

Re: Anambra Importers Now Use Lagos Seaport - Rivers Operators Cry Out To FG by Nobody: 9:57pm On Nov 22, 2021
Omanambala:

No politics

Fully agree

3 Likes

Re: Anambra Importers Now Use Lagos Seaport - Rivers Operators Cry Out To FG by Nobody: 9:57pm On Nov 22, 2021
otokx:
What happened to the ports in Onne, Warri, Koko, Sapele etc

They are all working but business knows the ones good for them.

9 Likes

Re: Anambra Importers Now Use Lagos Seaport - Rivers Operators Cry Out To FG by Ekealterego: 10:10pm On Nov 22, 2021
MelesZenawi:

No politics

Fully agree

You are agreeing with yourself. You are purely delusional. Juliusmalema. No go enter market one day. LOL

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anambra Importers Now Use Lagos Seaport - Rivers Operators Cry Out To FG by BKayy: 10:20pm On Nov 22, 2021
Ekealterego:

You are agreeing with yourself. You are purely delusional. Juliusmalema. No go enter market one day. LOL
Speed Darlingtons song comes to mind "ọ pụọ, ọ pụọ, chuba ya, chuba ya, nwude ya"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x4NpBtDQf7A

4 Likes

Re: Anambra Importers Now Use Lagos Seaport - Rivers Operators Cry Out To FG by BKayy: 10:22pm On Nov 22, 2021
All I can contribute to this thread is that I will never partake in substituting a monkey for a baboon.
Until our own port is fully functional at Onitsha (even if it means creating a canal from Atlantic ocean to facilitate the process), I can never partake in putting my eggs in Wike or any Igbo or Anambra haters basket until they sort themselves out

Ibom port should speed up and start working abeg

49 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Anambra Importers Now Use Lagos Seaport - Rivers Operators Cry Out To FG by Pass11: 10:35pm On Nov 22, 2021
They should first chase ijaw pirates out of rivers state and push them back to bayelsa state

4 Likes

Re: Anambra Importers Now Use Lagos Seaport - Rivers Operators Cry Out To FG by aribisala0(m): 10:43pm On Nov 22, 2021
Omanambala:
I will rather be friends with Yoruba and marry their women than touch Ikwerre with a long pole.

I don't like to poke nose into Ikwerre and Ika matter but these little villages are destined for missery. The hate they give the Igbo will be returned ten folds.

Every Igbo person must raise their children to understand the amount of hate these people have faced us with in our trying times..!!
You should raise your children to look in the mirror when it seems people "hate" you

Learn to take responsibility

17 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Anambra Importers Now Use Lagos Seaport - Rivers Operators Cry Out To FG by Ekealterego: 10:53pm On Nov 22, 2021
aribisala0:
You should raise your children to look in the mirror when it seems people "hate" you

Juliusmalema and Omambala aka Maleszenawi the Igala boy wey don kolo finish.
I believe seun is the ones encouraging the guy using the Juliusmalema, Omoanambala, maleszenawi and his 50 other monikers instigating people against eachother and quoting himself just to see people bash each other.
The guy don kolo.

10 Likes

Re: Anambra Importers Now Use Lagos Seaport - Rivers Operators Cry Out To FG by updatechange(m): 10:53pm On Nov 22, 2021
Most Igbo importers have their abode in Lagos, and it is only logical to have your goods land where you can easily access and cleaR them. Port Harcourt u say na past glory and e still dey back compared to Lagos.
Lagos shoreline na easy access to other west African countries, the baddest. cheesy

13 Likes

Re: Anambra Importers Now Use Lagos Seaport - Rivers Operators Cry Out To FG by Omanambala(m): 11:01pm On Nov 22, 2021
aribisala0:

Who takes a ppunk like you serious, anyways!! Granpapa like you will shine a light while your own daughter is being screwed....disguusting appe!!

4 Likes

Re: Anambra Importers Now Use Lagos Seaport - Rivers Operators Cry Out To FG by Omanambala(m): 11:02pm On Nov 22, 2021
Ekealterego:

IDENNAA aka Omanambala.
Re: Anambra Importers Now Use Lagos Seaport - Rivers Operators Cry Out To FG by LILTJAY: 11:03pm On Nov 22, 2021
I thought lagos was the only seaport lol

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anambra Importers Now Use Lagos Seaport - Rivers Operators Cry Out To FG by Kwem(m): 11:10pm On Nov 22, 2021
Omanambala:

umuekwensu ...the head slamming demon

11 Likes

Re: Anambra Importers Now Use Lagos Seaport - Rivers Operators Cry Out To FG by Kwem(m): 11:10pm On Nov 22, 2021
Ekealterego:

thank you...

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Update On Third Mainland Bridge Repairs (Week 9) / Nigerian Priest, 199 Others Escape As SAA Flight Develops Fault Midair / Most Populous Cities In Nigeria (updated)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.