Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,736 members, 7,817,028 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:29 PM

My Window 7 Hp Laptop Is Not Displaying USB - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / My Window 7 Hp Laptop Is Not Displaying USB (1023 Views)

My Pc Is Displaying This, How Do I Solve It (with Picture) / Did Your Computer Suddenly Stop Displaying? Here Is The Fix! / I Want To Upgrade My Window 7 To Window 10. Will It Be Good For Me? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Window 7 Hp Laptop Is Not Displaying USB by Nobody: 10:10pm On Oct 09, 2018
I tried using a USB to transfer files into my laptop but it's not displaying but only charges the phone.
Please what might be the cause of this problem
Re: My Window 7 Hp Laptop Is Not Displaying USB by YourImaginaryBF: 10:16pm On Oct 09, 2018
Mranybody:
I tried using a USB to transfer files into my laptop but it's not displaying but only charges the phone.
Please what might be the cause of this problem
Make sure the phone isn't locked. Try another USB chord if it doesn't work.
Re: My Window 7 Hp Laptop Is Not Displaying USB by Nobody: 10:22pm On Oct 09, 2018
YourImaginaryBF:
Make sure the phone isn't locked. Try another USB chord if it doesn't work.
I have done both and still not working
Re: My Window 7 Hp Laptop Is Not Displaying USB by Nobody: 1:36am On Oct 10, 2018
Mranybody:
I have done both and still not working
Hello does your phone actually shows you option when you swipe it done to switch to usb mode or charge only?
If not you might need to change the usb cord.
Re: My Window 7 Hp Laptop Is Not Displaying USB by Nobody: 7:41am On Oct 10, 2018
fidalgo19:

Hello does your phone actually shows you option when you swipe it done to switch to usb mode or charge only?
If not you might need to change the usb cord.
It does and moreover i have change the usb still not working
Re: My Window 7 Hp Laptop Is Not Displaying USB by Nobody: 8:04am On Oct 10, 2018
Mranybody:
It does and moreover i have change the usb still not working

Does it try to install anything like a device on your system while connected and it fails?
Re: My Window 7 Hp Laptop Is Not Displaying USB by Nobody: 9:40am On Oct 10, 2018
fidalgo19:

Does it try to install anything like a device on your system while connected and it fails?
No
Re: My Window 7 Hp Laptop Is Not Displaying USB by Nobody: 9:45am On Oct 10, 2018
Mranybody:
No
Hmm, so nothing goes on if connected.
It might be you don't have the USB driver installed, it only happens with your specific phone or any phone you try to connect and what is the model of the pc your using.
Re: My Window 7 Hp Laptop Is Not Displaying USB by Nobody: 9:53am On Oct 10, 2018
fidalgo19:

Hmm, so nothing goes on if connected.
It might be you don't have the USB driver installed, it only happens with your specific phone or any phone you try to connect and what is the model of the pc your using.
It use to work before but just last week it stop working... is there anyway i can find usb settings in the pc it is a hp model
Re: My Window 7 Hp Laptop Is Not Displaying USB by Nobody: 11:17am On Oct 10, 2018
Mranybody:
It use to work before but just last week it stop working... is there anyway i can find usb settings in the pc it is a hp model

Yea just give me the full name of your pc model.
You can also search for device manager under USB drivers to see if it's still working and set up properly.

Go to command prompt run it as admin and type this code and give me the serial number of your system

WMIC BIOS GET SERIALNUMBER
Re: My Window 7 Hp Laptop Is Not Displaying USB by Nobody: 12:03pm On Oct 10, 2018
fidalgo19:

Yea just give me the full name of your pc model.
You can also search for device manager under USB drivers to see if it's still working and set up properly.

Go to command prompt run it as admin and type this code and give me the serial number of your system

WMIC BIOS GET SERIALNUMBER
Serialnumber: 5CB3211JTN
Re: My Window 7 Hp Laptop Is Not Displaying USB by Nobody: 12:16pm On Oct 10, 2018
Mranybody:
Serialnumber: 5CB3211JTN

HP 650 Notebook PC

What Operating system are you running and the windows version so i give you the right USB drivers for your pc to download
Re: My Window 7 Hp Laptop Is Not Displaying USB by Nobody: 2:34pm On Oct 10, 2018
fidalgo19:

HP 650 Notebook PC

What Operating system are you running and the windows version so i give you the right USB drivers for your pc to download
windows 7
Re: My Window 7 Hp Laptop Is Not Displaying USB by udemzyudex(m): 9:57pm On Oct 10, 2018
1. Update the USB drivers, if it doesn't work.

2. Reinstall the operating system,if it doesn't work.

3. USB data line on motherboard is faulty.

(1) (Reply)

✈✳✅ ONE LUCKY BUYER OF THIS 2017 Hp Pavilion 15 - Core I5/ 256GB Ssd/8gb Ram / Where To Buy Cheap Gaming Laptops In Benin City / Latest 9mobile 3.5gb Streaming Pak Cheat Using 24clan Vpn

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.