Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,873 members, 7,813,974 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 11:08 PM

Discussion Ground For Flight Attendants/cabin Crew Members. - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Discussion Ground For Flight Attendants/cabin Crew Members. (1203 Views)

How Is It To Be A Flight Attendants In Nigeria / This Is How Much Flight Attendants Get Paid / How Much Are Air Hostesses Or Flight Attendants Paid In Nigeria? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Discussion Ground For Flight Attendants/cabin Crew Members. by Conqueror89: 8:41am On Oct 10, 2018
Goodmorning @all.
Any flight attendants / cabin crew here?
Having a passion to fly and being a flight attendant has a lot of opportunities one can ever imagined. It's takes you around the world and gives you the opportunities to meet people from different walks of life. Though it comes with its own challenges shocked but it all part of what makes the job more interesting.
Please kindly share how ur journey into the world of aviation started so those aspiring to become one can learn.
1.Where you took your course?
2.The aircraft you were Type rated on?
3.The challenges you came across during the "drills" if there was any?
4.What was the examination like?
5.After passing the exams, which of the airlines did you apply to?
6.What was their interview like?
7.How long did it took before you finally got the job?
8.What was your first day at work like kiss?
9.What is their salary structure like"optional"?
10.Are you still working there?
11.Any suggestions on ways to apply to the airlines?
12.Which airline is the best in terms of staffs welfare?
Any other information is highly welcome.
Flying is life.
Re: Discussion Ground For Flight Attendants/cabin Crew Members. by Conqueror89: 9:19am On Oct 10, 2018
Let me start with mine.
1. LABS ikeja
2. Atr 42
3. Can't say I encountered any because it was fun and I leant alot which helped me during the course of my exams.
4. As simple as ABC.
5. Dana air, Arik air, Aero contractors, medview, airpeace and some other international Airlines.
6.absolutely fantastic.
7.still on it, though I plan to take a conversion course So as to increase my chances.
That's how far I have gone for now. I have my license to fly with me and I hope to secure a job in one of the reputable airlines in the industry.
Any suggestions on what else I can do to land the job is highly welcome. Thank you.
Re: Discussion Ground For Flight Attendants/cabin Crew Members. by Smartie234: 12:16pm On Oct 10, 2018
Well for me, i once had a dream of becoming a flight attendant but there are hardly opportunities for Nigerians in Nigeria. So going to an aviation school just seemed like a white elephant project
All the best in your endeavours though
If you have the funds, go to south Africa. That's the only African country a lot of international airlines recruit from. Kindly share your experiences with us as well.
Regards
Re: Discussion Ground For Flight Attendants/cabin Crew Members. by Conqueror89: 12:28pm On Oct 10, 2018
Smartie234:
Well for me, i once had a dream of becoming a flight attendant but there are hardly opportunities for Nigerians in Nigeria. So going to an aviation school just seemed like a white elephant project
All the best in your endeavours though
If you have the funds, go to south Africa. That's the only African country a lot of international airlines recruit from. Kindly share your experiences with us as well.
Regards
Sure i will. Thnks
Re: Discussion Ground For Flight Attendants/cabin Crew Members. by Fatchi: 4:36pm On Oct 10, 2018
well for me it has been struggle upon struggle....
did my exam scored 95 in air law and 85 in my aircraft type rating.. have been submitting my CVS' to different airline like airpeace, medview and Dana still no result. my license is just here waisting. sometimes I feel so frustrated and which I had someone who can help me fulfil this desire.
Re: Discussion Ground For Flight Attendants/cabin Crew Members. by DaddyELEPHANT: 5:43pm On Oct 10, 2018
Conqueror89:

That's how far I have gone for now. I have my license to fly with me and I hope to secure a job in one of the reputable airlines in the industry.
Any suggestions on what else I can do to land the job is highly welcome. Thank you.
Your own is still impressive and good. The only thing I have ever flown was a kite and a paper Aeroplane
Re: Discussion Ground For Flight Attendants/cabin Crew Members. by Conqueror89: 4:26pm On Oct 11, 2018
Fatchi:
well for me it has been struggle upon struggle....
did my exam scored 95 in air law and 85 in my aircraft type rating.. have been submitting my CVS' to different airline like airpeace, medview and Dana still no result. my license is just here waisting. sometimes I feel so frustrated and which I had someone who can help me fulfil this desire.
Nothing is impossible bro. Keep the hope alive.

(1) (Reply)

IT Experts, Please Advise. / Sole Proprietor Wants To Pay Me Double Salary: Advisable? / What To Know About The Banking Industry

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.