Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,286 members, 7,846,306 topics. Date: Friday, 31 May 2024 at 01:55 PM

Have You Been Scammed Before? Let's Hear Your Experience. - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Have You Been Scammed Before? Let's Hear Your Experience. (374 Views)

Have You Been Scammed Before? / How I Was Scammed By Mobile Nig / Share Your Experience Switching From HTTP To HTTPS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Have You Been Scammed Before? Let's Hear Your Experience. by DLonely1: 2:57pm On Oct 10, 2018
This thread is for those scammers that has swore to cause pain to their fellow human being AKA lazy Youths.

If you have been scammed before, tell us how and also the name of the Facebook account, including the WhatsApp number, email address, Bank details/Paypal and also the picture of the person that scam you. Let's make this thread hit front page. It's high time we show this scammers/ small Yahoo boys that enough is enough. Let's say no to Yahoo boys and online fraud stars Bloggers.
Re: Have You Been Scammed Before? Let's Hear Your Experience. by chiommy123(f): 3:30pm On Oct 10, 2018
mmm and ultimate cycle scammed the hell out of many
Re: Have You Been Scammed Before? Let's Hear Your Experience. by DLonely1: 3:53pm On Oct 10, 2018
chiommy123:
mmm and ultimate cycle scammed the hell out of many
grin
Re: Have You Been Scammed Before? Let's Hear Your Experience. by hostkobo(m): 12:43pm On Oct 12, 2018
The underlying word is that there are many dishonest people on this space, and may Almighty God deliver us from them.

1) When you make payment for a service and the service provider refuses to deliver. For example, I was part of those who lamented because of Web4Africa here:
https://www.nairaland.com/1312656/web4africa.net-fraud-already-scamming-me,
here:
https://www.nairaland.com/3330084/how-scammed-web4africa.net,
and here:
https://www.nairaland.com/3282426/whogohost-why-never-use-nigerian/2#48565862

Over the years, I have come across too many complaints from their customers. It leaves me wondering if service providers dont go online to find out what people are saying about them, valid complaints - and at least improve next time on where they failed this time. It seems such isnt their priority.

2) When you do a job for someone and the person refuses to complete the payment.

At least, you might have collected a down payment at some point, but then the remaining hangs in mid air after the job is done. Ive come across several ppl here on NL who will ask for help to get something done on their site, we discuss & agree on pricing. Lo and behold, after the job is done, they refuse to balance up.

What are you going to call such people?

regards
HK
Re: Have You Been Scammed Before? Let's Hear Your Experience. by Godmother(f): 9:30pm On Oct 12, 2018
I got scared of $23 in my Paypal account by a guy who's contact I got here on nairaland. Sadly, I didn't store his contact. Just wish I did so he gets exposed.

(1) (Reply)

How To Find Your Wordpress Login URL: The Ultimate Beginner’s Guide / Chasing The Long Tail With Keyword Research / There Is Hunger In The Country, Don’t Let Anyone Deceive You, Comedian I Go Dye

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.