Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,838 members, 7,810,219 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 12:31 AM

Startimes Television- A Bundle Of Deceit - Satellite TV Technology - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Startimes Television- A Bundle Of Deceit (28220 Views)

Startimes Slashes Bouquet Prices / All About Iptv( Internet protocol television) / Current List Of Channels Available On Startimes Decoder (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Startimes Television- A Bundle Of Deceit by austinooo(m): 11:21am On Jul 13, 2010
House, we are easily deceived in Nigeria, can you imagine that the whole lots of promises by startimes television that they offer a dishless decoder is fake, most areas in Lagos are not getting good reception, the E star channel nener see the light of the day and to make the matter worse, I called their customer care and they told me to come and buy a special antenna from them for 3k. I must confess no interesting thing abt them. I feel sell my own if I get buyer
Re: Startimes Television- A Bundle Of Deceit by barryjay: 10:03pm On Jul 14, 2010
hi there. my startimes is working perfectly.
Re: Startimes Television- A Bundle Of Deceit by Emokai(m): 8:33am On Jul 15, 2010
Me too
Re: Startimes Television- A Bundle Of Deceit by austinooo(m): 3:30pm On Jul 15, 2010
@barryjay and emokhai which area do you live mine is Alagbado but may I ask you is there any nigeria movie channel like africa magic on your own
Re: Startimes Television- A Bundle Of Deceit by mata1ng(m): 12:45am On Jul 16, 2010
i'm thinking of getting one pls can u let me your experience with it and ur variuos advice.
Re: Startimes Television- A Bundle Of Deceit by agitator: 7:53am On Jul 20, 2010
austinooo:

House, we are easily deceived in Nigeria, can you imagine that the whole lots of promises by startimes television that they offer a dishless decoder is fake,

are you required to purchase a dish for the decoder

I called their customer care and they told me to come and buy a special antenna from them for 3k. I must confess no interesting thing abt them. I feel sell my own if I get buyer

Is the antenna a dish?

most areas in Lagos are not getting good reception,

Because they are using a mast same as NTA, AIT, etc, the farther away you are from the mast the poorer reception so you may need an external antenna. If you are close to a local tv station, the internal antenna that comes with your telly is okay for reception, but if farther away you are then an antenna is required.

startimes television

Startimes Television is using DTT technology, which is the latest being adopted worldwide even the local stations are expected to switch over to the new standard by end of 2012.
Re: Startimes Television- A Bundle Of Deceit by Afrogem: 6:22pm On Jul 20, 2010
for those that are using it and working perfectly,kindly tell us your location.
Re: Startimes Television- A Bundle Of Deceit by Feez(m): 2:00pm On Jul 23, 2010
It is ok, if you cant get good reception then get an outside antenna it'll work! its cool if u ask me!
Re: Startimes Television- A Bundle Of Deceit by Stevo30: 7:59pm On Jul 23, 2010
For 1k per month its ok. I live at shogunle and I use my existing external antenna. The signal is clear. Its bot the best you get but for the price thats probably ok. If you are feeling like a big boy DSTV is there for 95k per month. High quality for high value.
Re: Startimes Television- A Bundle Of Deceit by Emokai(m): 9:20am On Jul 26, 2010
It works weeeelllllllllllllllll for me. Its just a surprise some of u aren't getting better reception. I have about 41 channels. Some of them are:
1. Al Jazeera 11. MTV base
2. Setanta Africa 12. BET
3. Channels Television (Local) 13. France24
4. Discovery World
5. NTA Entertainment
6. NTA News24
7. NTA Sports
8. BBC
7. MGM
8. e
9. Vox Africa (Sandwiches programs and african movies )
10.E-Star (Sand wiches local mocvies+Soaps+Comedies+entertainments+naijajams+interviews with players in the local entertainment industry)
Re: Startimes Television- A Bundle Of Deceit by austinooo(m): 11:25am On Jul 26, 2010
well, all your views are correct but just dont know why you people refused to tell me your location. If my man can rely on his external antenna, I wonder what Alagbado people will use. Be objective pls
Re: Startimes Television- A Bundle Of Deceit by Afrogem: 9:34pm On Jul 26, 2010
I really don't know why you people keep replying outside the box.Autinooo has simply asked you people a simple question yet you reply in a different way.

All he needs from you people is
1) Do you receive a good reception with your Startimes decoder?
2)Where exactly is your location?
3)For those of you that have it,do you have stations like Afican Magic/Supersport?etc

@Stevo,you need not be harsh.Atleast,he already has one but he is only trying to find possible way out to get better reception.

If there is anyone who lives around Alagbado,Sango Otta,Abule-Egba,Ogba and probably Ifo that uses the so-called decoder should tell the how what the reception looks like.

I believe with that,you would have answered and solve the problem therein.

I rest my case!
Re: Startimes Television- A Bundle Of Deceit by Emokai(m): 8:01am On Jul 27, 2010
Okay, okay, Afrogem, I'll take it one by one.

1) Do you receive a good reception with your Startimes decoder?
Answer: Yes

2)Where exactly is your location?
Answer: Ikoyi. My friend in Surulere also gets good reception.

3)For those of you that have it,do you have stations like Afican Magic/Supersport?etc
Answer: No; they have stations like E-Star (Sand wiches local mocvies+Soaps+Comedies+entertainments+naijajams+interviews with players in the local entertainment industry) and VoxAfrica shows African movies occasionally. For the sports, there is Setanta Africa and one other Sports station i cant remember for now.

Conclusively, it is advisable one confirms reception strenght from pple using it around his vicinity befrore embarking on its puchase.
Re: Startimes Television- A Bundle Of Deceit by Emokai(m): 8:09am On Jul 27, 2010
some other channels I can remember for now are:
1. JCTV
2.C
3.TBN
4.MITV(Local)
6.Galaxy (Local)
7. CCTV News
8. Animaux (Animal Documentary)
9.Trace Tropical
10.Real Star
11.Nicheledeon
12.Kids TV
e.t.c
Re: Startimes Television- A Bundle Of Deceit by mishooo(m): 9:25am On Jul 27, 2010
I live in Shomolu/Yaba and its CRYSTAL CLEAR !!

As someone earlier said, you can use your external Antenna. It will work better. If you dont understand how to connect it, simply ask someone who does and you'll be better off.
Re: Startimes Television- A Bundle Of Deceit by switched(m): 2:19pm On Jul 27, 2010
I live in Alakuko, that is after Alagbado and it works well though I have to use an normal external antenna with it.
Re: Startimes Television- A Bundle Of Deceit by austinooo(m): 10:13am On Jul 28, 2010
Thanks for your contributions, I can now receive a clear signal from my startimes. I was made to buy a good external antenna(3k) before I started getting signals. (I was angry about my post because I was made to understand before I bought it even from this forum that it works without dish but only with indoor antenna) Also, their much promised entertainment channel has come on air Friday. I was made to understand that they transmit from Yaba and that effort are being made to boost the signal. If you want it, consider your location and the cost of the antenna in addition to the decoder, anyway, I can now get what I bargained for

1 Like

Re: Startimes Television- A Bundle Of Deceit by Afrogem: 11:04am On Jul 28, 2010
@Austinooo, Congrat and keep enjoying your best Tv programmes.@All,thanks for your contributions.

Good luck!
Re: Startimes Television- A Bundle Of Deceit by Hotwire(m): 11:36am On Jul 28, 2010
From the Begining

austinooo:

House, we are easily deceived in Nigeria, can you imagine that the whole lots of promises by startimes television that they offer a dishless decoder is fake, most areas in Lagos are not getting good reception, the E star channel nener see the light of the day and to make the matter worse, I called their customer care and they told me to come and buy a special antenna from them for 3k. I must confess no interesting thing abt them. I feel sell my own if I get buyer

And NOW

austinooo:

Thanks for your contributions, I can now receive a clear signal from my startimes. I was made to buy a good external antenna(3k) before I started getting signals. (I was angry about my post because I was made to understand before I bought it even from this forum that it works without dish but only with indoor antenna) Also, their much promised entertainment channel has come on air Friday. I was made to understand that they transmit from Yaba and that effort are being made to boost the signal. If you want it, consider your location and the cost of the antenna in addition to the decoder, anyway, I can now get what I bargained for

@All
Hurray, Hurray Star Tv has one satified customer in Austinooo. Kudos to Nairaland who provided the platform for the interaction.
Re: Startimes Television- A Bundle Of Deceit by Flodel(f): 10:24am On Jul 30, 2010
so how much is this decoder? and can one receive its signal somewhere in kwara state
Re: Startimes Television- A Bundle Of Deceit by Big2bore(m): 10:42am On Jul 30, 2010
I simply advise, you make use of your xternal area, am pretty sure it will work. Just connect the cord at the back of your tv, to the RF at the back of your decoder, thats all. make sure you get the right direction for a better signal!
Re: Startimes Television- A Bundle Of Deceit by Hotwire(m): 12:13pm On Aug 02, 2010
Flodel:

so how much is this decoder? and can one receive its signal somewhere in kwara state

@Flodel,
The Star Tv decoder is sold for 9k. It uses normal Tv antenna (not dish) to receive stations(now 42) like BBC, Aljazeerah, MGM Movies, BET, Etv Mtv, NTAe, NTAk etc. It has not come to kwara state yet.
Re: Startimes Television- A Bundle Of Deceit by 4llerbuntu(m): 12:32pm On Aug 03, 2010
hi, pls i can only get 18 channels on this startimes and that was even after i used an external antenna, do they have just 18 channels?

if not, how can i get the rest?
Re: Startimes Television- A Bundle Of Deceit by austinooo(m): 2:10pm On Aug 04, 2010
try to rotate your antenna and ensure you get a good signal, then perform an automatic search all the stations will come out. i experienced it too
Re: Startimes Television- A Bundle Of Deceit by kaybee2ng(m): 9:53am On Aug 26, 2010
Im Currently Getting 33 Channels With The Internal Antenna. But I Cant Get Some Channels Like Hotel Channel, Child Smile, Trace Tropical, Vox Africa, Zoom TV, JCTV. These Channels Is Listed As Currently Available Channels.
Can Some Give Hints On How To Get These Channels. I Live Around Oworonshoki
Re: Startimes Television- A Bundle Of Deceit by funizzle(m): 10:26pm On Aug 31, 2010
I live in OGBA, will i have a good reception there, Where can i buy it, or do i have to go to NTA's station, any distributor close to my domain, thanks
Re: Startimes Television- A Bundle Of Deceit by raphaelk: 9:24am On Sep 01, 2010
Please can anybody tell me the startime contact phone number ? i want to buy my own.
Re: Startimes Television- A Bundle Of Deceit by Bobotune: 9:43am On Sep 01, 2010
Am impressed with the quality of info being produced on this platform. I had to read thru all to understand what the startimes stuff is all about. I hope to get one too and fix on one of my TVs and compare with DSTV. Cheers.
Re: Startimes Television- A Bundle Of Deceit by Bobotune: 9:44am On Sep 01, 2010
@ raphaelk, you can reach Startimes on 07042703887.
Re: Startimes Television- A Bundle Of Deceit by raphaelk: 10:05am On Sep 01, 2010
Thanks a million bobotune, i`m so greatful cool
Re: Startimes Television- A Bundle Of Deceit by enomakos(m): 5:19pm On Sep 06, 2010
any star times distributor in benin?
Re: Startimes Television- A Bundle Of Deceit by GeorgeD1(m): 6:55pm On Sep 06, 2010
startimes, starcrap! grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Dish Sizes For Diff. Satellites Receivable Within The West African Sub Region / How To Watch Dstv For Free / New Nexbox A95X TV box for as low as 18k

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.