Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,753 members, 7,820,607 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:03 PM

Startimes Television- A Bundle Of Deceit - Satellite TV Technology (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Startimes Television- A Bundle Of Deceit (28247 Views)

Startimes Slashes Bouquet Prices / All About Iptv( Internet protocol television) / Current List Of Channels Available On Startimes Decoder (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Startimes Television- A Bundle Of Deceit by GeorgeD1(m): 3:16pm On Oct 10, 2010
2legit2qt:

Relaxing? uhmmmmmm, i bet you that there relaxation mood go b like that guy wey throw shoe at UNCLE SAM's president. grin grin grin grin

No b me talk am ooo

grin grin
Re: Startimes Television- A Bundle Of Deceit by Zonex2009: 6:43pm On Oct 15, 2010
Hello Nairalanders, can anyone help me with why the local stations on Startimes TV do not have audio? When I tune into stations like Channesl, STV or MITV, I only see video but no sound or is there a setting I need to enable in the decoder to allow me hear audio on these channels?
Re: Startimes Television- A Bundle Of Deceit by hedmond(m): 9:14pm On Oct 15, 2010
@zonex, all u need to do is to press the TRACK button on ur remote control. keep pressing till you hear a sound. you will need to do the same for BBC
Re: Startimes Television- A Bundle Of Deceit by Lov4sat(m): 9:32pm On Oct 15, 2010
Can some body confirm to me if I can use kaon decoder for startime tv?
Re: Startimes Television- A Bundle Of Deceit by GeorgeD1(m): 4:03pm On Oct 16, 2010
lov4sat,
startimes decoder is a digital terrestial decoder while kaon is a digital satellite decoder.
the two are not the same thing.
Re: Startimes Television- A Bundle Of Deceit by Lov4sat(m): 4:13pm On Oct 16, 2010
Thanks for your reply @ George_D

why I am asking is because I have a kaon terrestrial decoder too I just want know if I can make use of it for startimes network
Re: Startimes Television- A Bundle Of Deceit by 4llerbuntu(m): 6:20am On Oct 17, 2010
hmmnn, good question @ lov4sat.

as a matter of fact, i also know someone who has been asking me if his tv which incidentally came with both terrestrial and sattelite digital recievers and even the slots for the cards!! would work with startimes or other sattelite tv

I know startimes sells one lcd tv with similar stuff where u dont need a seperate decoder, just the TV with inbuilt digital reciever!.

the chap says he tried DSTV card on the sattelite slot but did not work. strange thing too was he said when HITV launched and still operated a terrestrial platform, he could receive their feeds free at first, then later scrambled!!

what do ya FTA pple think? i said it wont work cos if it were to work, the TV should be picking scrambled signals now?? am i right?
Re: Startimes Television- A Bundle Of Deceit by moonraker(m): 7:02am On Oct 17, 2010
@4llerbuntu

not necessary!!! the fact he can receive sat tv doesnt mean he can watch them or even get them scrambled,

its all boils down to many factors like the person might actually need a dish , the sort of encryption used etc,
Re: Startimes Television- A Bundle Of Deceit by sukkyfab: 7:07pm On Nov 20, 2010
please i live in badagry,do u think i can get a clear reception there,because i will like to get one
Re: Startimes Television- A Bundle Of Deceit by Idondome: 3:52pm On Feb 14, 2011
House, pls how much is lcd tv? i reside in PH.
Re: Startimes Television- A Bundle Of Deceit by ceejay80s(m): 10:47am On Mar 04, 2012
Do startimes have freeview channels?
Re: Startimes Television- A Bundle Of Deceit by ceejay80s(m): 10:50am On Mar 04, 2012
Startimes lcd tv has inbuilt decoder, does this tv have smart card slot?
Re: Startimes Television- A Bundle Of Deceit by isaco(m): 6:48pm On Aug 03, 2012
Big2bore: I simply advise, you make use of your xternal area, am pretty sure it will work. Just connect the cord at the back of your tv, to the RF at the back of your decoder, thats all. make sure you get the right direction for a better signal!
bad signal at iju ishaga Lag. I won change to gotv if it ll wok well in my area.
Re: Startimes Television- A Bundle Of Deceit by astanco(m): 6:27pm On Aug 05, 2012
Abeg, does it mean that startimes doesnt accomodate external dishes and freebies?
Re: Startimes Television- A Bundle Of Deceit by trustmybiz: 8:06pm On Aug 06, 2013
Re: Startimes Television- A Bundle Of Deceit by LausDeo(m): 12:50pm On Oct 12, 2013
Can I get any channel on startimes without subscribing? If yes how many and which ones?
Re: Startimes Television- A Bundle Of Deceit by mecussey(m): 12:59pm On Oct 21, 2013
It is illegal to watch pay TV as FTA. Startimes is running on dvb-t2 modulator and Mpeg4 multiplexer. If you want to watch it by any other means, that must be with their consent/the CA system. If you really want to experiment, you have to use a Dvb-t2 decoder and search for the encryption system which i think is Nagravision 3 according to Eutelsat W2A. The guy with KAON terrestrial, i am sorry you will get nothing. The Kaon K220 is a dvb-t Mpeg 2 decoder, you can only use it in the east of the niger.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Dish Sizes For Diff. Satellites Receivable Within The West African Sub Region / New Nexbox A95X TV box for as low as 18k / How To Watch Dstv For Free

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.