Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,838 members, 7,820,920 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:07 AM

Startimes Television- A Bundle Of Deceit - Satellite TV Technology (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Startimes Television- A Bundle Of Deceit (28249 Views)

Startimes Slashes Bouquet Prices / All About Iptv( Internet protocol television) / Current List Of Channels Available On Startimes Decoder (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Startimes Television- A Bundle Of Deceit by GeorgeD1(m): 9:37am On Sep 28, 2010
moonraker,
i see you have some fta knowledge but seems to me its too limited and far too rusty to be of any
real use to you. and for your info cnn, bbc, aljazera, euronews, etc are all dancing free in the air around you! wink

you should be stunned to know that more than half of the crap dstv peddles as paid stations are actually free.
all they do is to gather them together and dish them out to folks too lazy to do any research.

as for startimes, it gets even worse as 99.9% of all the stations they have is free. they only give you the convenience of hooking a small antenna inside your house to receive them. you know, i just laugh when i see their advert on galaxy tv. does it not strike you that the first scene on that advert is a picture of two men 'struggling' with a 90cm dish? grin
well, the chinese are very smart people and they have done their homework well before foraying into the
nigerian tv market. they know that the average nigerian working class is lazy and don't like to exert any extra
energy if they can avoid it, so here comes startimes, a bouquet that gives you all those free nta packages without lifting a finger! wink

that advert (in a few seconds) is a sad commentary on the indolence of the average nigerian and a testimony to the dexterity of the chinese! grin
Re: Startimes Television- A Bundle Of Deceit by audacious: 10:13am On Sep 28, 2010
George_D:

moonraker,
i see you have some fta knowledge but seems to me its too limited and far too rusty to be of any
real use to you. and for your info cnn, bbc, aljazera, euronews, etc are all dancing free in the air around you!  wink

you should be stunned to know that more than half of the crap dstv peddles as paid stations are actually free.
all they do is to gather them together[b]and dish them out to folks too lazy to do any research[/b].

as for startimes, it gets even worse as 99.9% of all the stations they have is free. they only give you the convenience of hooking a small antenna inside your house to receive them. you know, i just laugh when i see their advert on galaxy tv. does it not strike you that the first scene on that advert is a picture of two men 'struggling' with a 90cm dish?  grin
well, the chinese are very smart people and they have done their homework well before foraying into the
nigerian tv market. they know that the average nigerian working class is lazy and don't like to exert any extra
energy if they can avoid it
, so here comes startimes, a bouquet that gives you all those free nta packages without lifting a finger!  wink

that advert (in a few seconds) is a sad commentary on the indolence of the average nigerian and a testimony to the dexterity of the chinese!  grin

@ George_D
I have a problem with your "lazy" statement. If I opt for DSTV, Startimes or any other paytv because I don't have the space (or my landlord won't let me mount a big dish) I'm lazy? Hell if I stick to paytv for any reason of mine then thats my bizness, I don't need an FTA enthusiast insulting me. You might not have meant it as an insult but I do feel insulted by that statement.

Imaging the kind of insults I'll get if I posted on the FTA threads how great paytv is. Its kinda funny how FTA enthusiast are intolerant to does that prefer paytv and how they keep pestering non-FTA guys about FTA. We know that some of the channels we are getting are FTA, we know you can get CNN, BBC, Aljazeera, France 24, CCTV free on Nilesat, but then it's called choice and everybody's got one!
Re: Startimes Television- A Bundle Of Deceit by 4llerbuntu(m): 10:53am On Sep 29, 2010
^^^ succintly put @ audacious!! GOD BLESS YOU!!!

i really don't understand the aura of superior "diligent and not lazy" being proudly touted!!

like i said before, @ george.d and disciples, your pple are one lazy buncha.***** , why you may ask?= haha, don't u know that you can put up the blocks to build your apartment or palace or whatever it is you live in? dont you know it does not take much to make a table and chair? how can you be giving money away to carpenters and builders?
even this internet that you are using to insult our collective intelligence and indolent lifestyle, are you even remotely aware that you could get it for free WITH THAT SAME FTA DISH YOU ARE SO PROUD OF? No you are simply too lazy and indolent to do little research and are paying mtn and co thousands of naira a month!

so because one chooses not to want to fiddle with dishes and whatever makes one indolent and the chinese wise? indolence now equates to not wanting to look up the sattelite co-ordinates of france24 beams?

startimes is FTA stations 99% yes, i agree. is the fact that we pay 1k too much for you to stomach?  grin grin grin grin

hmmn,o ye wise one, kindly tell me the statistic of how many people in the UK choose not to be indolent and pay SKY for TV and instead buy FTA and watch?
O Ye Wise hardworking lord of F.T.A!!!

does it even occur to you that maybe, just maybe, of the DSTV channels that are not free, there are programs that some people absolutely like and can pay for in their opinion?

well pretty please, lets put it this way, and am trying to be really nice, F--u--C---k!!!! and its USERS, some of us dont wanna watch FTA, and we will not be insulted for our choice!!!

i cannot imagine insulting the rest of nairaland simply because i know how to manipulate networks for , and other dont!! it also takes a bit of research and "non-indolence" (if there is such a word)!!!!!!!
Re: Startimes Television- A Bundle Of Deceit by GeorgeD1(m): 4:32pm On Sep 29, 2010
audacious,
everybody's got a choice even a choice to be indolent.
so make yourself a milking cow for the chinese - by choice! grin

4llerbuntu,
like i said before, all i need is just a handful of folks like you in my neighbourhood
and i'd be smilling from ear to ear while i watch my bank account fatten up! wink
Re: Startimes Television- A Bundle Of Deceit by audacious: 4:59pm On Sep 29, 2010
George_D:

audacious,
everybody's got a choice even a choice to be indolent.
so make yourself a milking cow for the chinese - by choice!  grin

@George_D

My respect for you on this forum just went one step lower. I've mentioned before that I see the valuable contributions you make in the FTA threads. I guess you just don't know how to respect people's opinions and choices. I've followed the Official FTA thread right from day one, there are alot of FTA enthusiasts on nairaland that have contributed just as much as you have (even more) in the FTA threads and it's nice to see that most of them don't go slamming FTA down everyones throat.
Re: Startimes Television- A Bundle Of Deceit by Nobody: 5:03pm On Sep 29, 2010
Guys Pls keep it cool. George is a fine gentle man. SO pls remain calm its little misunderstanding ok?
Re: Startimes Television- A Bundle Of Deceit by Tunsbobo(m): 11:08pm On Sep 29, 2010
Pls guys, can i get full signals from Ikotun/Igando area of Lagos state if i buy a star times decoder? I'm afraid of buying the so called startimes and not get to see any station.Pls help!
Re: Startimes Television- A Bundle Of Deceit by 4llerbuntu(m): 6:54pm On Oct 01, 2010
can u get NTA signals there at all?

if u can even if not clear, then it will work, u will also need to get their external antenna though, or if u already have a really good external antenna, then use that!! cheers
Re: Startimes Television- A Bundle Of Deceit by GeorgeD1(m): 7:34pm On Oct 04, 2010
audacious ,
sometimes we all need a jar on our senses if only to stir us in the right direction.
remember something said about truth being bitter?
Re: Startimes Television- A Bundle Of Deceit by 2legit2qt(m): 9:16pm On Oct 04, 2010
@george_D
@4llerbuntu
@audacious

I think we have all been through this road before, it's as good as letting a sleeping dog 2 lay very well. FTA vs PAYTv is a very serious issue and i think it will do us all good if we respect each other's point of view, choice and reasoning. I and 4llerbuntu through our argument has been able to sensitize fellow Nairalanders and i think the choice is left for people.

Not everybody will be interested in FTA and as well not everybody will also be ready to dole out money for the PayTV companies, IT'S ALL A MATTER OF CHOICE.

I have seen on several post on Nairaland where people have been so "low-lifed" that they even go to the extreme of calling this companies D***thieves, to me i think it's uncalled-for and it goes to show the extent of maturity or immaturity that is displayed on Nairaland. Though am an FTA enthusiast but we should try and accommodate other people's views and vice versa.

I am also a member 3 other international forums on the net and i know how people respond to issues and "arguments".

Please for the sake of this forum, all you guys are complete gentlemen and in the process of fighting for SUPERIOR ARGUMENT, you are gradually DEGRADING yourself. Please!!! LET DECORUM RULES.

Thank you.

@4llerbuntu
Not everybody dey pay for internet connection o, dis am sure of.
Re: Startimes Television- A Bundle Of Deceit by GeorgeD1(m): 6:50pm On Oct 05, 2010
2legit2qt,
your right again. everybody has a choice.

4llerbuntu,
audacious,
if it means anything to you guys, i'm sorry about the outburts.
Re: Startimes Television- A Bundle Of Deceit by 4llerbuntu(m): 6:58pm On Oct 05, 2010
@ 2legit,,  sure , i dont, havent paid anyone for  it in a while, except the occasional flushes of guilt i get which i then take away promptly by dashing em 500 bucks grin grin grin grin grin

i was just using the internet reference as an analogy, i was saying that the FTA proponents view was tantamount to me also coming out with a statement like "evryone that pays for internet is lazy bla bla bla simply cuz i use it free"

at least since they say that evryone who uses paytv is a lazy no-good arse with too much money to give away!!!

anyway, u can trust me to have dumped the discussion promptly, when someone keeps saying the same thing despite contrary views, he is never gonna change!!!!
if they think they are smartest, hardworking jocks,, so be it!!! is not my papa bizness na, and i nor borrow money from dem.

funny thing is, the FTA thing i could do (in anor world when i have more free time and my own house) so am not really condemning it totally or even at all, i just take exception to those sweeping assertions
Re: Startimes Television- A Bundle Of Deceit by audacious: 10:18pm On Oct 05, 2010
George_D:

2legit2qt,
your right again. everybody has a choice.

4llerbuntu,
audacious,

@George_D

No yawa wink grin
Re: Startimes Television- A Bundle Of Deceit by GeorgeD1(m): 12:16pm On Oct 06, 2010
audacious,
thanks for understanding. but looks like buntu is still spitting fire. so maybe you should calm him down smiley
Re: Startimes Television- A Bundle Of Deceit by audacious: 3:43pm On Oct 06, 2010
George_D:

audacious,
thanks for understanding. but looks like buntu is still spitting fire. so maybe you should calm him down smiley

@ 4llerbuntu,

George_D don appologise na and I'm sure when you're ready for FTA he'll hook you up with a 6meter Dish and the best HD, PVR capable, accepts all cards decorder on the market grin. So please let's forget that issue.
Re: Startimes Television- A Bundle Of Deceit by 4llerbuntu(m): 5:33pm On Oct 06, 2010
lol, am not spitting fire ooooooooooooooo!!!!!

i have already asked him for help with nilesat b4(enquiries to cross check what one sat installer told me) grin grin grin grin grin the sizes of those dishes sef dey amaze me at times!!
Re: Startimes Television- A Bundle Of Deceit by 2legit2qt(m): 7:31pm On Oct 06, 2010
4llerbuntu:

i have already asked him for help with nilesat b4 (enquiries to cross check what one sat installer told me) grin grin grin grin grin the sizes of those dishes sef dey amaze me at times!!

FTA L*********S u would say. ehn? cheesy cheesy cheesy

George_D:

4llerbuntu,
audacious,

Oga George, i trust u now. No b U? MATURITY AT IT'S BEST You b man cos ONLY a man can accept a WRONG & gets 2 APOLOGIZE.

Daz d spirit.

Viva FTA
Viva NL.
Re: Startimes Television- A Bundle Of Deceit by shokpeti: 9:57am On Oct 07, 2010
Bottomline being, let those who dont have the time nor space nor even the patience to delve into FTA, stick with their paytv and let those who have all the above, by all means, participate in it.
Re: Startimes Television- A Bundle Of Deceit by moonraker(m): 10:38am On Oct 07, 2010
@ shokpeti

GBAM!!!!
Re: Startimes Television- A Bundle Of Deceit by GeorgeD1(m): 1:33pm On Oct 07, 2010
4llerbuntu,
audacious,

you guys are great. thanks for being so open-minded. i think we can go a lot of ways together.

2legit2qt,
i appreciate all your support through this trying times.
Re: Startimes Television- A Bundle Of Deceit by freshp(m): 4:15pm On Oct 07, 2010
George_D:

4llerbuntu,
audacious,

you guys are great. thanks for being so open-minded. i think we can go a lot of ways together.

2legit2qt,
i appreciate all your support through this trying times.

@4llerbuntu
,audacious,

your posts have been educative. . .Good work

@George,

What else can i say. . .Thank you
Re: Startimes Television- A Bundle Of Deceit by 4llerbuntu(m): 5:05pm On Oct 07, 2010
yeah its all good grin, lets move on!!

in other news please i need people to join me and sign a petition to the NCC. a thousand signatures will do!
what are we protesting? the scarcity of cooking pots and pans and plates!!! we now have to eat with plastic!!!

our basis for protest= there has been a sharp increase in the use of all the available pans for FTA dishes!! 1 4m dish can produce close to 120 big sized pots instead!! this is contributing to hunger and malnourishment in our society!!!

the NCC should step in to make sure that the FTA pple have a quota, and that pple that already have gargantuan dishes be made to donate part of the dish to the pot making coys like Tower Aluminium to help combat hunger!!!
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

pls signify ur assent so i can fax the petition to you!!
Re: Startimes Television- A Bundle Of Deceit by freshp(m): 5:14pm On Oct 07, 2010
4llerbuntu:

the NCC should step in to make sure that the FTA pple have a quota, and that pple that already have gargantuan dishes be made to donate part of the dish to the pot making coys like Tower Aluminium to help combat hunger!!!

pls signify your assent so i can fax the petition to you!!

Oga 4llerbuntu you want to cause trouble ooo.
you are seeking the wrath of senior members like Butoneday, george,adeexy and a host of others o(myself inclusive).
Re: Startimes Television- A Bundle Of Deceit by GeorgeD1(m): 6:17pm On Oct 07, 2010
4llerbuntu,
looks like your starting another war when one has just barely ended.
i'd advise you tread softly as your joke might be seen in bad taste.
caution!
Re: Startimes Television- A Bundle Of Deceit by 2legit2qt(m): 7:38pm On Oct 07, 2010
4llerbuntu,
U 1 start journey of a ZILLION miles again o. I think u and enitan2002 should have a thread of ya own, u should have seen (i mean read) what she is doing in some other thread on NL.

As bad as it looks i fit join u in d BAD BELLE petition sha.
Re: Startimes Television- A Bundle Of Deceit by GeorgeD1(m): 10:23am On Oct 08, 2010
2legit2qt,
that was a good one. i'm sure enitan would relish the opportunity! wink
Re: Startimes Television- A Bundle Of Deceit by freshp(m): 4:26pm On Oct 08, 2010
Hmmm. . . .Enitan that one's a combination of strikeforce,deltaforce and navyseals all combined. grin grin grin grin.
His fear is the beginning of FTA wisdom. wink
Re: Startimes Television- A Bundle Of Deceit by twinskenny(m): 5:03pm On Oct 08, 2010
4llerbuntu:

yeah its all good grin, lets move on!!

in other news please i need people to join me and sign a petition to the NCC. a thousand signatures will do!
what are we protesting? the scarcity of cooking pots and pans and plates!!! we now have to eat with plastic!!!

our basis for protest= there has been a sharp increase in the use of all the available pans for FTA dishes!! 1 4m dish can produce close to 120 big sized pots instead!! this is contributing to hunger and malnourishment in our society!!!

pls signify your assent so i can fax the petition to you!!

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Startimes Television- A Bundle Of Deceit by 4llerbuntu(m): 6:11pm On Oct 08, 2010
i have told u pple many times to stop taking me so seriously. NL na relaxation/recreational spot na!!!

the petition is in good faith!! u need go to old ikoyi to go see some dishes wey big pass mountain. as in u sef go dey wonder say wetin dem dey take dis one do.

seriously, am talking like 8m-10m dishes o. that 4m na small thing.

maybe when next i pass that vicinity, i will take photos so u all see!!! on to those dishes, ALL satellites are in trouble grin grin grin grin

as for that enitan guy/babe. hmmn no call my name o, anointing pass anointing!!! that one na real nuclear bomb boom boom!!!! grin grin grin abeg o, i nor get that kain energy nor time. i prefer sparring with gentlemen like george.D grin grin grin
Re: Startimes Television- A Bundle Of Deceit by GeorgeD1(m): 4:50pm On Oct 09, 2010
please someone should refer enitan to this thread so he and buntu will be 'relaxing' together on loggerheads!
Re: Startimes Television- A Bundle Of Deceit by 2legit2qt(m): 10:54pm On Oct 09, 2010
George_D:

please someone should refer enitan to this thread so he and buntu will be[b] 'relaxing' [/b]together on loggerheads!

Relaxing? uhmmmmmm, i bet you that there relaxation mood go b like that guy wey throw shoe at UNCLE SAM's president. grin grin grin grin

No b me talk am ooo

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Dish Sizes For Diff. Satellites Receivable Within The West African Sub Region / New Nexbox A95X TV box for as low as 18k / How To Watch Dstv For Free

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.