Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,673 members, 7,809,566 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:18 AM

Guys Share Ur Us Visa Interview Here - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Guys Share Ur Us Visa Interview Here (27102 Views)

USA Visa Interview; A Must Read / I'm Afraid Of Applying For A Us Visa Again / Visa Interview Date With The American Embassy, Any Advice? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Go Down)

Guys Share Ur Us Visa Interview Here by mayorme(m): 2:42pm On Jul 13, 2010
Mine i had to travel within twice within 4 day to abuja after my consular say by force he need to see some kin kin documents, i took the risk ooo, atlast he issued me my student visa after being denied at lagis. But the experience at the port of entry almost sent me back home from atlanta, cos i was denied in lagos, they started asking some frightening questions, but heart was gone but thank God, american embassy, hmmmmmmmmmmmn
Re: Guys Share Ur Us Visa Interview Here by LAJ2k(m): 5:22pm On Jul 13, 2010
At last!

Congra winkts

I have not been there before but I have an interview with their Lagos embassy early in August.

I know I'll be lucky by God's grace. House, just keep praying for me. I shall be back here to share my good news.
Re: Guys Share Ur Us Visa Interview Here by Dare14: 5:28pm On Jul 13, 2010
i have an appointment early August @ lagos but am going on holiday
Re: Guys Share Ur Us Visa Interview Here by mayorme(m): 8:57pm On Jul 13, 2010
Just compose urselves n be really smart, by God's grace it is well
Re: Guys Share Ur Us Visa Interview Here by Dare14: 9:08pm On Jul 13, 2010
amen oo i pray they give me oo,i will tell the house how all went ,
Re: Guys Share Ur Us Visa Interview Here by mayorme(m): 9:20pm On Jul 13, 2010
Good, lets keep our fingers crossed
Re: Guys Share Ur Us Visa Interview Here by londoner22: 9:17am On Jul 14, 2010
mine is tomorow, i am so anxious or is it scared,

cant wait to get over with undecided it!
Re: Guys Share Ur Us Visa Interview Here by Dare14: 7:18pm On Jul 14, 2010
londonerr we wish you luck just be confident and everything will be fine.let us know how it all went.good luck
Re: Guys Share Ur Us Visa Interview Here by OmoAlata(f): 10:54pm On Jul 14, 2010
Re: Guys Share Ur Us Visa Interview Here by londoner22: 12:17pm On Jul 15, 2010
i got it i got it i got it shocked cheesy grin

but tickets are o expensive, imagine about 300k fr just a 2 weeks visit, God help us!!!!!!!!!!!!

i thank God oh, no doucment was checked, just consistencey with my form and ofconfidence and of cos God's favour!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Guys Share Ur Us Visa Interview Here by OmoAlata(f): 1:29pm On Jul 15, 2010
londoner22:

but tickets are o expensive, imagine about 300k fr just a 2 weeks visit, God help us!!!!!!!!!!!!

£1,500 is just about right smiley
Re: Guys Share Ur Us Visa Interview Here by mayorme(m): 1:59pm On Jul 15, 2010
Enjoy ur stay
Re: Guys Share Ur Us Visa Interview Here by LAJ2k(m): 9:54am On Jul 16, 2010
londoner22:

but tickets are o expensive, imagine about 300k fr just a 2 weeks visit,  God help us!!!!!!!!!!!!

i thank God oh, no doucment was checked, just consistencey with my form and ofconfidence and of cos God's favour!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Congrats brother, how many questions were u asked altogether?
And can you pls list d questions in d order that it was asked?

We want to learn from your experience, biko!
Re: Guys Share Ur Us Visa Interview Here by earthrealm(m): 5:44am On Jul 17, 2010
@londonerrr, share ur experience with us naah, mine is coming up in early august, in abuja,
heard the consulate is in the garki area?, can some1 recommend a good hotel there, cos my intervuew is quite early 7.30am.@londonner u flying by arik?
Re: Guys Share Ur Us Visa Interview Here by johnkent(m): 6:07am On Jul 19, 2010
so some of y'all are willing to spend 300,000 naira on an plane ticket just to visit the US for 2wks and probably another 600,000 naira while u're here? must be nice to be rich in Nigeria.
Re: Guys Share Ur Us Visa Interview Here by londoner22: 9:49am On Jul 19, 2010
Hi peeps, sorry my response is coming late!

I don’t know what airline I will be flying with, not sure yet thinking of KLM though been the most reasonable, about US$1800.

Anyways, my interview was brief as you all know the Americans don’t like to waste time at all: here it goes-

Oyinbo: hi
Me: hello
Oyinbo: tell me a little about your trip
Me: I told him who I was gonna meet and why
Oyinbo: what do you do
Me: told him, ( I be lawyer in a well known company)
Oyinbo: (smiles), yeah nice company tell me about your role at your office.
Me: told him
Oyinbo: are you married
Me: yes
Oyinbo: for how long
Me: told him, not long just last year, I have a kid also
Oyinbo: really, ok so he is gonna stay with your husband right
Me: yes and his grandma
Oyinbo: how long you going for
Me: just 2 weeks
Oyinbo: how much do you earn
Me: told him
Oyinbo: well its alright, you can come pick up your visa on bla bla day
Me: me I know even hear anything again, my smile don reach my ears! Thank you I said

I thank God oh!!!!! It was very smooth, I met some people there on the queue and they were not given, so I am really grateful to God about it.

As long as you are consistent with the form you filled, it should be fine, and I personally think that they like when you have a strong relationship with whoever you are going to visit. Maybe a sister brother or close cousin not some distant inlaw.

A dude was going to visit his sis inlaw, they asked him why are you the one going not your wife!!!

Well for all of you planning to go for interview………… wish you all the best, please dress well no matter how early you are going there, and look good not over the top! Then no fretting.

Imagine one guy was asked for his sister’s name and he was hesitating, hmmm dem no give am oh! Why he go forget him sister’s name! lol

As for student visa, haba,, dem too dey drill them with questions like, why what did you get in your SAT, what was your best course in school, what was your result in that course… bla bla, anyways I guess applying for a student visa means you have to be ready to answer all those questions!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Guys Share Ur Us Visa Interview Here by Nobody: 2:36pm On Jul 19, 2010
Congratulations, Londoner. It's good to hear success stories amidst so many refusals.
Re: Guys Share Ur Us Visa Interview Here by hotelbook: 7:22pm On Jul 19, 2010
try US tourist visa, very easy to get 07064702610
Re: Guys Share Ur Us Visa Interview Here by earthrealm(m): 5:26am On Jul 22, 2010
when filling the form, is it best to give the impression that u hv lots of relative in the us?
wud that work 4 u or against u?
Re: Guys Share Ur Us Visa Interview Here by shilling(f): 7:19am On Jul 22, 2010
I was asked what my mum & dad did for a living, how many siblings I have, why I chose that university, how many years I have left since I was transferring, and asked for my I-20. That was it, wasn't asked for financial documents or anything!! Same with my sister!!
Re: Guys Share Ur Us Visa Interview Here by Okijajuju1(m): 8:04am On Jul 22, 2010
Una congrats o!! I know the feeling.

Advice to applicants: Be confident and composed. Many atimes the interviews are more than just quetions and answer sessions. They analyse you. your composure and body language. No matter what do not loose your temper, do not stutter on any answer. Short concisive answers. Do not hesitate too much all in all just be calm and it will be fine.

I have gone for a visa interview (American) where I had no student I.D with me cos I left it in the car in my hurry to keep my appointment. The interviewer aksed for a proof that I was a student and I said my I.D was in the car outside the embassy. He looks at me, fusses about it and I simply told him if he could hold my interview for 5mins, I would run out to the car and get it. I guess he saw the confidence in me and basically didnt ask bout it again. I made him so relaxed at some point, we werent even talking bout anything serious just basically jisting and laughing. In the end, I landed a multiple entry, H-1 visa for 4 years. It was the easiest Visa interview I've ever attended.

Goodluck yall.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Guys Share Ur Us Visa Interview Here by shilling(f): 8:30am On Jul 22, 2010
To add on to what I said, weird thing happened. When u get to your port of entry, your finger prints will get scanned again, just like it was during your visa interview. Well, at my port of entry - my finger prints didn't match. I had to go to DHS @ the airport. I had a mini visa interview, I guess they were trying to confirm that it's me (and that's why the consular is furiously typing as you speak, they're feeding in all the info u give them). Well, the guy confirmed my info, and told me that stuff like this happens when you travel long distance, and come in contact with many things ??! And then, stamped my visa.

Anyways, if this happens to anyone, don't freak out!!

I'll go post it on the other tread!!

2 Likes

Re: Guys Share Ur Us Visa Interview Here by omoboy1: 9:44am On Jul 22, 2010
Hello every one
I really help, my sister is married to a White man, she have been in us for 3years now, she and her man want to send a visiting I.V. But they do not know how to go about it, and were to send it to

2, What kind of Docs do I need over here, mind you i dropped out from univ last year

3, How long will it take to get the visa if they send the I.v
Thank you
Re: Guys Share Ur Us Visa Interview Here by hotelbook: 5:42pm On Jul 26, 2010
if you need more info on tourist visa or general documents pls call 07064702610
Re: Guys Share Ur Us Visa Interview Here by pikinchild: 9:37am On Jul 29, 2010
hi guys,

a friend of mine wants to go to the us as a tourist
he has booked his appointment and gotten a hotel reservation
i just want to confirm if its ok and will he need anything else.

thanks in advance for your answer's
Re: Guys Share Ur Us Visa Interview Here by ceasyc(f): 9:57am On Jul 29, 2010
more pls. ticket 2 expensive sha ohh
Re: Guys Share Ur Us Visa Interview Here by ludab: 12:20pm On Jul 31, 2010
Hi all,

Kindly paste your experience of your interviews on B1/B2 or any other either denied or not here, so others can learn. thank you Londoner and for others going for interview, let us know for prayer and Lord will see you all thru. PEOPLE that received their own ready share your experience, let us know. Co-operate
Re: Guys Share Ur Us Visa Interview Here by Dare14: 12:26pm On Jul 31, 2010
im really looking forward to my interview second week of aug.
Re: Guys Share Ur Us Visa Interview Here by Dare14: 7:44pm On Aug 04, 2010
i pray i get the US visit visa, my interview its in two weeks time
Re: Guys Share Ur Us Visa Interview Here by Fummiee(f): 4:23pm On Aug 15, 2010
@londoner congrats ,
hi all, any hope for a pregnant lady. my interview is next week and I am so anxious,
Re: Guys Share Ur Us Visa Interview Here by WAVixen: 8:06pm On Aug 15, 2010
Fummiee:

@londoner congrats ,
hi all, any hope for a pregnant lady. my interview is next week and I am so anxious,

yes there is, how far gone are you? and most importantly how will you be paying the hospital bills? Who will you be visiting when you get to the States? When people make some comments here, it isnt because they are smart asses, but they want to get the truth across to you. Hospital bills here are out of this World!!! Now, if you have a baby here and depend on Aid from the government, kiss a renewal of the visa in Nigeria goodbye.

Be calm and answer the questions as honestly as you can, for your sake and that of the baby, pls bring your ante--natal records when coming,( To the States, not the embassy) infact all of it! Get your blood work done, your blood type, genotype, pap smear test, hiv test, scan results. All of it, cos it costs a fortune to get this done, except you intend going to a birthing center, which is way cheaper, but has the risk of you also paying for hospital bills, if the case of complications arise and you have to be rushed to one.

wishing you luck with your interview, be prepared.
Re: Guys Share Ur Us Visa Interview Here by Fummiee(f): 12:12am On Aug 16, 2010
@wavixen thanks a mill 4 ur prompt response. i'll b visiting my elder sister based in maryland, she's married with kids n she's a nurse. i'll b about 28weeks gone by next week. I applied along side with my husband n son 4 a visiting visa. i am quite anxious cz pregnant friend of mine was refused last year. please does any1 know any likely question n d best answer to give? thanks ,

(1) (2)

See The State Of Mile 2 Road This Morning Cause By Petrol Tankers / New Anambra Airport Records 142 Flights, 3,865 Passengers In One Month / Tanker & Commercial Bus Collide In Lokoja, 10 Dead, 6 Injured (Graphic Pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.