Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,147 members, 7,849,573 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 02:17 AM

Minimum Wage: 10 Things I Can But With N17,000 - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Minimum Wage: 10 Things I Can But With N17,000 (560 Views)

EFCC Traces N17.5bn To Accounts Of Ex-naf Chiefs’ Wives / MINIMUM WAGE: Oshiomhole Disowns Govs, Backs Workers / Policemen To Earn New Wage From October (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Minimum Wage: 10 Things I Can But With N17,000 by dolu2007(m): 2:45pm On Jul 13, 2010
Just checking out what it takes to survive with the new minimum wage in the present state of the country, compared to what holds in US and the likes.

That amount can actually fix bills:
IPOD
PHONE(with radio, camera, blue-tooth,
JACKET
TV

hmm, what else?

Re: Minimum Wage: 10 Things I Can But With N17,000 by jamace(m): 3:42am On Jul 14, 2010
That money can not even buy a torchlight because a torchlight costs N70k, according to our oga Bank OLE. In fact, a civil servant will continue to visit the nearest bush to poo because he can never in his life time build a toilet worth N10m, according to our oga Minister Abba Ruma.
Re: Minimum Wage: 10 Things I Can But With N17,000 by tpiah: 3:56am On Jul 14, 2010
please dont compare with the US unless this thread is a joke.

if you're comparing with the US, then use the price of a big mac (which almost nobody has heard of in nigeria) as the unit of measure.

why do i like discussing with illiterates!!

(1) (Reply)

Pray For Us, Kidnapped Journalists Urge Nigerians / Minister Gives Away $1.5 Billion, National Assembly To Investigate / "the More States We Have, The Nearer The Government Is To The People" Quote By Senate Pres

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.