Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,449 members, 7,816,042 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:35 AM

Empirical Analysis Of Why Buhari Will Win In 2019 - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Empirical Analysis Of Why Buhari Will Win In 2019 (1959 Views)

Empirical Evidence That Atiku Defeated Buhari In The Last Election / Senator Danbaba Names 10 Northern States PDP Will Win In 2019 / Will Adejoke Orelope-Adefulire Replace Osinbajo In 2019 As VP? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Empirical Analysis Of Why Buhari Will Win In 2019 by elninosanz: 10:14am On Oct 12, 2018
There is a lot of armchair analysis being done without any data, historical context or empirical election modelling. I have done the empirical analysis and looked at historical data and voting patterns. This election will be based on 2 things turnout and organizational/Party structure. Consider the following.

1. Atiku's power base is the South East and South South. Do you know that despite the love for their brother Jonathan only 35% of them came out to vote. Do you also know that LESS Ibo's registered for this election than the last election. Do you also know that the South East has the LOWEST number of registered voters in Nigeria. If 35% of Igbos come out to vote like the last election ( and this is likely to be lower because no one can convince me that Igbos will be more excited about Atiku than Jonathan) and Atiku gets 95% of those 35% that come out to vote then he will have only 2.3 million votes. In 2011 Jonathan had 22.5 million voted and in 2015 Buhari had 15.4 million votes to win. If we are to assume that Atiku needs a similar number to win the election then 2.3 million from his biggest base is not enough.

2. We all know that the South West will be a hotly contested battleground. Do you know that in 2015 the South West had the LOWEST turnout of all the 6 regions with 31%. That means that only 31% of registered voters came out to vote. And this was in an election where people where excited about Change. The truth is that the upper class and the elite middle class DON'T vote in the South West. How many of us can spend 1 hour in the sun for Accreditation, wait for the ballot boxes and tools to come and then wait for another 2 -4 hours to vote. Unfortunately for Atiku this is his voting block. APC is in firm control of the South West and you can be rest assured that they will spare no expense to ensure that the lower class vote for Buhari. Don't also discount the fact that they have the rigging apparatus in place. Note also that despite the huge sums of money Jonathan spent in 2015 to different Obas, OPC, Church leaders and all. Buhari still won by a 14% margin ( 57%-43%). Can Atiku match the money spent by Jonathan to achieve that 43%. Is he likeable enough to inspire Middle class South Westerners to come and vote for him. I am not so sure

3. In terms of raw numbers, the South South represents a great opportunity for vote pickup for Atiku. With the exception of Edo, PDP is in charge of the region. Jonathan won here with a staggering 92% of the votes. And this region had the highest Turnout rate at 55%. Despite the fact that Atiku is not the son of the soil like Jonathan is, I expect him to come close to Jonathan's performance either by hook or by crook. He will likely replicate the 92-7 winning margin. However can he get a 55% Turnout rate. Also note that voters that registered in 2019 are about 1.5 million LESS than 2015. Atiku has to ensure high turnout and an even higher margin than 2015

4. I truly believe that this election will be decided by how much Buhari wins the Core North(North West and North East). He won a staggering 81% of the votes from this 2 regions with a total of 9,963,877. That's almost 10 million votes. So he won almost 67% of his votes total from these regions. Note that the North West had the second largest turnout rate with almost 50%. Can Buhari replicate this figures? Are Northerners still mad about him despite poor performance? Does Atiku have enough clout to make a dent? History suggests Atiku can do much. The Core North has been voting for Buhari since 2003. I don't think that will change. My model says Atiku has to win 35% of the Code North to win. Can Tambuwal and Dankwambo deliver Sokoto and Gombe? Well Kwakwanso even 30% of the votes in Kano? Will the Sokoto Caliphates anger with how Buhari treated Dasuki their son turn to votes? Atiku has a lot of work to do to curry the favour of the Northern elite.

5. The North Central is another Battleground region. Jonathan lost here but 18% points(59-41). What made it truly shocking was that Jonathan spent a lot of money here and PDP was in control of the region. This should have been a Buhari region. Unfortunately having been ravaged by Fulani Herdsman even battling Atiku to a 50% draw will be tough. He won Niger by over 80% in 2015 amd can replicate that, but it will be in tough everywhere else. The good news is that there are APC Governors in Kogi, Niger, Nassarawa and Plateau. Can their structures help Buhari?. Only time will tell.

My model says that Buhari wins (if the turnout rate in the last election stays the same) if he wins the North Best and North East by 75%-25%, Wins the South West by 60% - 40%. Takes Atiku to a 50% draw in the North Central. And loses the South East and South South by 95% to Atiku with only 5% to Buhari.

cc Lalasticlala, Mynd44

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Empirical Analysis Of Why Buhari Will Win In 2019 by genternity(m): 10:16am On Oct 12, 2018
South East=97%
South South=84%
South West=40%
North West=30%
North East=65%
Middle Belt=70%
I hereby declare Atiku the President of Nigeria come 2019...
Never again will am illitrate,religion,ethnic bigot rule this great country 'NIGERIA'

7 Likes

Re: Empirical Analysis Of Why Buhari Will Win In 2019 by iammo(m): 10:17am On Oct 12, 2018
smiley difficult Yes.. Impossible No. He can't get such votes of 2015 in 2019, reason been that people are fed up with APC, and the margin of the last elections was 2m votes

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Empirical Analysis Of Why Buhari Will Win In 2019 by Nemesis001: 10:25am On Oct 12, 2018
elninosanz:

There is a lot of armchair analysis being done without any data, historical context or empirical election modelling. I have done the empirical analysis and looked at historical data and voting patterns. This election will be based on 2 things turnout and organizational/Party structure. Consider the following.

1. Atiku's power base is the South East and South South. Do you know that despite the love for their brother Jonathan only 35% of them came out to vote. Do you also know that LESS Ibo's registered for this election than the last election. Do you also know that the South East has the LOWEST number of registered voters in Nigeria. If 35% of Igbos come out to vote like the last election ( and this is likely to be lower because no one can convince me that Igbos will be more excited about Atiku than Jonathan) and Atiku gets 95% of those 35% that come out to vote then he will have only 2.3 million votes. In 2011 Jonathan had 22.5 million voted and in 2015 Buhari had 15.4 million votes to win. If we are to assume that Atiku needs a similar number to win the election then 2.3 million from his biggest base is not enough.

2. We all know that the South West will be a hotly contested battleground. Do you know that in 2015 the South West had the LOWEST turnout of all the 6 regions with 31%. That means that only 31% of registered voters came out to vote. And this was in an election where people where excited about Change. The truth is that the upper class and the elite middle class DON'T vote in the South West. How many of us can spend 1 hour in the sun for Accreditation, wait for the ballot boxes and tools to come and then wait for another 2 -4 hours to vote. Unfortunately for Atiku this is his voting block. APC is in firm control of the South West and you can be rest assured that they will spare no expense to ensure that the lower class vote for Buhari. Don't also discount the fact that they have the rigging apparatus in place. Note also that despite the huge sums of money Jonathan spent in 2015 to different Obas, OPC, Church leaders and all. Buhari still won by a 14% margin ( 57%-43%). Can Atiku match the money spent by Jonathan to achieve that 43%. Is he likeable enough to inspire Middle class South Westerners to come and vote for him. I am not so sure

3. In terms of raw numbers, the South South represents a great opportunity for vote pickup for Atiku. With the exception of Edo, PDP is in charge of the region. Jonathan won here with a staggering 92% of the votes. And this region had the highest Turnout rate at 55%. Despite the fact that Atiku is not the son of the soil like Jonathan is, I expect him to come close to Jonathan's performance either by hook or by crook. He will likely replicate the 92-7 winning margin. However can he get a 55% Turnout rate. Also note that voters that registered in 2019 are about 1.5 million LESS than 2015. Atiku has to ensure high turnout and an even higher margin than 2015

4. I truly believe that this election will be decided by how much Buhari wins the Core North(North West and North East). He won a staggering 81% of the votes from this 2 regions with a total of 9,963,877. That's almost 10 million votes. So he won almost 67% of his votes total from these regions. Note that the North West had the second largest turnout rate with almost 50%. Can Buhari replicate this figures? Are Northerners still mad about him despite poor performance? Does Atiku have enough clout to make a dent? History suggests Atiku can do much. The Core North has been voting for Buhari since 2003. I don't think that will change. My model says Atiku has to win 35% of the Code North to win. Can Tambuwal and Dankwambo deliver Sokoto and Gombe? Well Kwakwanso even 30% of the votes in Kano? Will the Sokoto Caliphates anger with how Buhari treated Dasuki their son turn to votes? Atiku has a lot of work to do to curry the favour of the Northern elite.

5. The North Central is another Battleground region. Jonathan lost here but 18% points(59-41). What made it truly shocking was that Jonathan spent a lot of money here and PDP was in control of the region. This should have been a Buhari region. Unfortunately having been ravaged by Fulani Herdsman even battling Atiku to a 50% draw will be tough. He won Niger by over 80% in 2015 amd can replicate that, but it will be in tough everywhere else. The good news is that there are APC Governors in Kogi, Niger, Nassarawa and Plateau. Can their structures help Buhari?. Only time will tell.

My model says that Buhari wins (if the turnout rate in the last election stays the same) if he wins the North Best and North East by 75%-25%, Wins the South West by 60% - 40%. Takes Atiku to a 50% draw in the North Central. And loses the South East and South South by 95% to Atiku with only 5% to Buhari.

cc Lalasticlala, Mynd44
Your analysis is trash.

Buhari was voted because of his sham integrity chants and corruption fighting scam which he already failed in.

Buhari doesn't even have anything to campaign with except that Atiku is corrupt.

Under Buhari's watch, thousands of Nigerians were killed by Soldiers via operation python dance and herdsmen crises.

A lot of Nigerians have seen through the fake Mr integrity and are tired of his lifelessness too. He will be rejected at the polls next year.

Just so you know, GEJ had the cash and every resources to win in 2015 but what happened? The people rejected him. grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Empirical Analysis Of Why Buhari Will Win In 2019 by ashacot: 10:29am On Oct 12, 2018
Intelligent analyses

3 Likes

Re: Empirical Analysis Of Why Buhari Will Win In 2019 by otukpo(f): 10:30am On Oct 12, 2018
The South West should continue with their empirical analysis.
Atiku should just be politically wise in picking his VP.

I have never been a fan of Atiku, but for this election, as long as the contest is between Atiku and the monumental failure presently occupying Aso Rock, Atiku will have my vote.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Empirical Analysis Of Why Buhari Will Win In 2019 by Omololu001: 10:30am On Oct 12, 2018
I won't be voting for buhari and atiku

1 Like

Re: Empirical Analysis Of Why Buhari Will Win In 2019 by Kingosytex(m): 10:34am On Oct 12, 2018
buhari's emergence as the president in 2015 was as a result of the fact that about 98% of the northerners voted for him not really that he was the best candidate but due to religious and tribal sentiments.

this time around the battle is between a northern muslim vs a northern muslim so there isn't gonna be a religious sentiment in the north

OBJ, saraki, kwankwaso, tambulwa also played important roles to ensure that buhari won. but now all odds are against the dullard, he must fail!!!
Re: Empirical Analysis Of Why Buhari Will Win In 2019 by elninosanz: 10:35am On Oct 12, 2018
Nemesis001:

Your analysis is trash.

Buhari was voted because of his sham integrity chants and corruption fighting scam which he already failed in.

Buhari doesn't even have anything to campaign with except that Atiku is corrupt.

Under Buhari's watch, thousands of Nigerians were killed by Soldiers via operation python dance and herdsmen crises.

A lot of Nigerians have seen through the fake Mr integrity and are tired of his lifelessness too. He will be rejected at the polls next year.

Just so you know, GEJ had the cash and every resources to win in 2015 but what happened? The people rejected him. grin

Before calling me analysis trash, refute anything i said.I am not been sentimental, only being realistic. I am not a Buhari enthusiast, neither am i an APC member. I am only calling out things like i see them. We all know that Buhari has not performed, but in Nigeria, turnout and Party Structure matters. Large portions NW and NE are very pro-Buhari despite his none performance. He is a cult-like figure there. I have been to Kano,Katsina and Kaduna during his tenure, and nothing i have seen convinces me otherwise. APC has a strong stranglehold on the SW, and those that support Atiku won't vote. A NW, NE, SW coalition is enough for Buhari to win.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Empirical Analysis Of Why Buhari Will Win In 2019 by elninosanz: 10:35am On Oct 12, 2018
ashacot:
Intelligent analyses

Thanks Bro

1 Like

Re: Empirical Analysis Of Why Buhari Will Win In 2019 by Nemesis001: 10:49am On Oct 12, 2018
elninosanz:

Before calling me analysis trash, refute anything i said.I am not been sentimental, only being realistic. I am not a Buhari enthusiast, neither am i an APC member. I am only calling out things like i see them. We all know that Buhari has not performed, but in Nigeria, turnout and Party Structure matters. Large portions NW and NE are very pro-Buhari despite his none performance. He is a cult-like figure there. I have been to Kano,Katsina and Kaduna during his tenure, and nothing i have seen convinces me otherwise. APC has a strong stranglehold on the SW, and those that support Atiku won't vote. A NW, NE, SW coalition is enough for Buhari to win.
Abeg stop that rubbish cult like followership nonsense. Why didn't he win the 3 times he contested?

Check :
1. In 2011, only SW's election turn out was below the national average.

2. In the same year, out of all the votes casted in the South, Sw contributed 28% while SS/SE contributed 72%.

3. Of the votes that went for PDP from the South, SW contributed only 20% even though they voted heavily for PDP that same year while SE/SS contributed the other 80%.

4. Of all the total votes PDP got in that election, SW contibuted 12%, SE/SS gave 50% and the entire North (NE, NW, NC) gave 38%.

5. SW gave 60% of all their votes to PDP, SE gave 98% while SS gave 96%.
This is for 2011.

In 2015:
1. APC won SW with 580k votes while PDP won Anambra alone with 660k votes thereby nullifying SW votes by over 78k votes.

2. SW voted 43% for PDP, SE voted 93% for PDP while SS voted 92%. The SW 43% votes came mostly from Igbo dominated areas of SW.

3. SW contributed only 16% of APC votes while SE/SE contributed 56% of PDP's vote while the North contributed 80.2% of APC's vote with Middlebelt delivering the killer punch.

This is just for 2015. Continue to see what SW wouldn't want you to know.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Empirical Analysis Of Why Buhari Will Win In 2019 by Nemesis001: 10:51am On Oct 12, 2018
The Insight:

1. If SW had given all their votes to Buhari in 2011, Jonathan would have still won. So in 2011, SW votes couldn't have make any difference.

2. In 2015, if SW had boycotted the entire election, Buhari would have still won, but if SE had boycotted the election, it would have been a landslide win for Buhari.

3. If Yoruba backed APC had boycotted the election leaving Igbo backed PDP to vote, Buhari would have still won this means that SW APC's votes can't make any difference.

4. If the card reader malfunction didn't disenfranchise SE/SS and their turnout was like that of 2011 and other previous elections before 2015 and other regions voted for Buhari massively like they did, Jonathan would have won the election by 1.6 million votes.

Finally, under a free and fair election, SW APC can never match Ndi Igbo nationwide. South West voting strength is overrated.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Empirical Analysis Of Why Buhari Will Win In 2019 by elninosanz: 10:56am On Oct 12, 2018
Nemesis001:

Abeg stop that rubbish cult like followership nonsense. Why didn't he win the 3 times he contested?

Check :

2. In the same year, out of all the votes casted in the South, Sw contributed 28% while SS/SE contributed 72%.

3. Of the votes that went for PDP from the South, SW contributed only 20% even though they voted heavily for PDP that same year while SE/SS contributed the other 80%.

4. Of all the total votes PDP got in that election, SW contibuted 12%, SE/SS gave 50% and the entire North (NE, NW, NC) gave 38%.

This is for 2011.

In 2015:
1. APC won SW with 580k votes while PDP won Anambra alone with 660k votes thereby nullifying SW votes by over 78k votes.

2. SW voted 43% for PDP, SE voted 93% for PDP while SS voted 92%. The SW 43% votes came mostly from Igbo dominated areas of SW.

3. SW contributed only 16% of APC votes while SE/SE contributed 56% of PDP's vote while the North contributed 80.2% of APC's vote with Middlebelt delivering the killer punch.

You have not negated any of my points. We are actually saying the same thing.

The question is Buhari won about 80% of the NW and NE votes in 2015. For Atiku to win, he needs to bring that figure down to anything between 60-65%. He also needs to hold Buhari to a 50% draw in the South West. Can he do any of those 2 things? i doubt it. However, only time will tell.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Empirical Analysis Of Why Buhari Will Win In 2019 by Nemesis001: 11:11am On Oct 12, 2018
elninosanz:

You have not negated any of my points. We are actually saying the same thing.

The question is Buhari won about 80% of the NW and NE votes in 2015. For Atiku to win, he needs to bring that figure down to anything between 60-65%. He also needs to hold Buhari to a 50% draw in the South West. Can he do any of those 2 things? i doubt it. However, only time will tell.
You seem confused.

Atiku will win SE/SS which voting strength is more than the whole of South West combined.

Atiku will get up to 40% in South West because 40% of those staying there are combination of Igbos, Middle belts, SS, Fulanis and PDP have been getting sizeable votes from the region since 2003.

Atiku will surely win his North East.

Middle Belts will support Atiku because of herdsmen killings and marginalization by core Northern states. Don't forget IBB, TY Danjuma factors too.

Buhari can rig the rest. grin Hope you know that the same Sharia council that endorsed Buhari are now behind Atiku?

Shiites are already against him. Those who endorsed Buhari are already tired of his lifelessness.

1 Like

Re: Empirical Analysis Of Why Buhari Will Win In 2019 by famology(m): 11:50am On Oct 12, 2018
This is the most detailed and dispassionate analysis I've seen here.My observation based on interactions with people so far suggests that there will be apathy leading to low voters turn out,because a lot of people don't like the both candidate. So I'm expecting a lower turn out compared to 2015.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Empirical Analysis Of Why Buhari Will Win In 2019 by Great2017: 12:01pm On Oct 12, 2018
elninosanz:

It is trash for speculating that Atiku's and PDP only stronghold is South East. Data from presidential elections since Buhari started contesting says otherwise. To make your analysis very inconsistent, Buhari lost woefully to his fellow fulani brother in 2007. Tell us why your analysis is not a trash?
Re: Empirical Analysis Of Why Buhari Will Win In 2019 by helinues: 12:06pm On Oct 12, 2018
genternity:
South East=97%
South South=84%
South West=40%
North West=30%
North East=65%
Middle Belt=70%
I hereby declare Atiku the President of Nigeria IPODDS come 2019...
Never again will am illitrate,religion,ethnic bigot rule this great country 'NIGERIA'
Re: Empirical Analysis Of Why Buhari Will Win In 2019 by Sirjamo: 12:10pm On Oct 12, 2018
I don't care about all these permutations and analysis, those who brought Buhari to power knew exactly how to keep him there and I am going to tell you how:

1. Buhari is solid in the whole north except in the minority Christian part, reasons:

a. An average Northerner believes he's the only clean politician in the whole wide world that has no corruption attached to his name.

b. Buhari and Osinbajo have been using every opportunity to remind them of how the likes of Atiku stole Nigeria dry.

c. 85% of northerners engage in one form of agricultural practice or the other, Buhari has made sure he stayed glued to them by providing all sorts of intervention.

d. Boko Haram has been considerably decimated, and everyone who lives in the north knows who's being credited for that.

e. Buhari has been directly putting some cash into the pockets of his potential voters, we all know how $300m Abacha loots are being distributed to the poor and vulnerable, especially in the north, and I am sure it would be intensified as we approach 2019 Election.

f. Massive infrastructural development such as Kano - Maiduguri road, Kano - Kaduna - Abuja road, Kano - Katsina road. Between those States, he'd be expecting nothing less than 8m votes.

2. The South west factor:

a. The number one thing going for Buhari here is that, Yoruba is expecting to succeed Buhari come 2023, voting for Atiku would effectively kill that ambition, as the election approach, Tinubu and co would make sure they deploy all the mass media apparatchiks in the world to remind them of how close they can be with Buhari's second term, and how far they could be with an Atiku's first term.

b. Infrastructural development such as the ongoing Lagos - Ibadan rail and road, Oyo - Ogbomoso road, Ilorin - jebba road etc

c. Various social investment programs that is putting money directly in people's pocket, such as Tradermoni, home grown school feeding, N - power, Conditional cash transfer..

d. Outright vote buying which has become a norm, especially in the South west, Ondo, Ekiti, Osun elections are typical examples

e. Igbo vs Yoruba, those two would never agree politically, Atiku's ambition is largely being pushed by Igbo and it would be more glaring if he chooses a running mate from the south east

f. Muslims vs Christians, while Atiku would be viewed mostly as a candidate backed by the Christians, Buhari would most likely be viewed as that of the Muslims who are in the majority in the regions with higher numbers of registered voters.

g. Voters apathy in SS and SE, Ipob might discourage people from going out to vote for Atiku, plus SS and SE person would not be keen to vote for a Northern Muslim, unlike in 2015 when one their own was on the ballot.

h. Improved economy - IF this election was in 2016/17, it would have been a walk in the pack for Atiku, but the economy has significantly improve now, inflation has gone down to 13% from 18.5% in 2016, fuel is now available even if it is 145n/L, Foreign reserves are looking good, naira has stabilize in the Forex market, a new and improved minimum wage is close...

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Empirical Analysis Of Why Buhari Will Win In 2019 by Linzo(m): 12:21pm On Oct 12, 2018
famology:
This is the most detailed and dispassionate analysis I've seen here.My observation based on interactions with people so far suggests that there will be apathy leading to low voters turn out,because a lot of people don't like the both candidate. So I'm expecting a lower turn out compared to 2015.
What dispassionate analysis are you talking about? When the op outrightly remove the fact that Atiku is also a northern and Muslim. How on earth will somebody make analysis that Buhari will win Atiku in Adamawa? Or in Taraba and in Gombe . Buhari will win most core northern States but with less margin eg sokoto, kano, Kaduna. The state of Niger and Plateau may go 50:50, Bauchi may also go 35:65 in favor of APC. Saying Buhari will win Atiku in North is mere illusion

1 Like

Re: Empirical Analysis Of Why Buhari Will Win In 2019 by Gabriel004: 12:23pm On Oct 12, 2018
Nemesis001:
The Insight:

1. If SW had given all their votes to Buhari in 2011, Jonathan would have still won. So in 2011, SW votes couldn't have make any difference.

2[b]. In 2015, if SW had boycotted the entire election, Buhari would have still won, but if SE had boycotted the election, it would have been a landslide win for Buhari.

3. If Yoruba backed APC had boycotted the election leaving Igbo backed PDP to vote, Buhari would have still won this means that SW APC's votes can't make any difference.

4. If the card reader malfunction didn't disenfranchise SE/SS and their turnout was like that of 2011 and other previous elections before 2015 and other regions voted for Buhari massively like they did, Jonathan would have won the election by 1.6 million votes.

Finally, under a free and fair election, SW APC can never match Ndi Igbo nationwide. South West voting strength is overrated.[/b]
Which kind confused human is this with his incoherent analysis. Just like igbo vote defeated buhari n abiola lol.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Empirical Analysis Of Why Buhari Will Win In 2019 by tesppidd: 12:24pm On Oct 12, 2018
Look at all these naive people.

In the last 20 presidential elections in Africa the incumbent has lost just 3 times.

It will be another 40 years before an incumbent loses in Nigeria.

Ask PDP how they used to do it.

50% will be based on election, 50% will be based on rigging.

If you think the current APC will lose in 2019 with so much at stake you better check your brain.

With all the noise about failure APC has won 90% of the elections conducted after 2015.

Buhari till 2023.
APC till 2055.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Empirical Analysis Of Why Buhari Will Win In 2019 by IamAtikulate: 12:43pm On Oct 12, 2018
Nemesis001:

You seem confused.

Atiku will win SE/SS which voting strength is more than the whole of South West combined.

Atiku will get up to 40% in South West because 40% of those staying there are combination of Igbos, Middle belts, SS, Fulanis and PDP have been getting sizeable votes from the region since 2003.

Atiku will surely win his North East.

Middle Belts will support Atiku because of herdsmen killings and marginalization by core Northern states. Don't forget IBB, TY Danjuma factors too.

Buhari can rig the rest. grin Hope you know that the same Sharia council that endorsed Buhari are now behind Atiku?

Shiites are already against him. Those who endorsed Buhari are already tired of his lifelessness.
PDP have never failed to win at least 40% of SW votes since 1999. With restructuring in sight and heavy population of SE and Middle belts in SW, Buhari would be so luck to get more then 50%. In fact, SW is never part of the calculation to send Buhari home, but just a bonus. But whatever they do, Anambra would nullify their votes.

Atiku would clear NE like kilode. Adamawa, Taraba, Gombe are already on lock down, Borno, Yobe would rather vote for an Atiku that suffering BH insurgency like them than a Buhari that bombed their IDP camp.

In NW, Northern Christians, 10 million Shia moslems, part of Sokoto, Kano, Zamfara, Kaduna are already on lock down for Atiku, including Niger. This are the first to openly rebel against Buhari from NW.

NC is a no go area for Buhari.

SE/SS have never given less then 91% to PDP. Even NW can boast of that.

Buhari is goner.

Cc: Nemesis001
Re: Empirical Analysis Of Why Buhari Will Win In 2019 by elninosanz: 12:45pm On Oct 12, 2018
Linzo:

What dispassionate analysis are you talking about? When the op outrightly remove the fact that Atiku is also a northern and Muslim. How on earth will somebody make analysis that Buhari will win Atiku in Adamawa? Or in Taraba and in Gombe . Buhari will win most core northern States but with less margin eg sokoto, kano, Kaduna. The state of Niger and Plateau may go 50:50, Bauchi may also go 35:65 in favor of APC. Saying Buhari will win Atiku in North is mere illusion

I have never said Buhari will win Adamawa. I fully expect Atiku to win it. Not only because Atiku is from Adamawa, but also because there is a sizable Christian Population there. However even if Atiku wins Adamawa, Taraba and Gombe, will he be able to garner 30% of the total NW and NE votes? Atiku can win those 3 states and still fail to get even 20% of the NW and NE votes.

3 Likes

Re: Empirical Analysis Of Why Buhari Will Win In 2019 by Gabriel004: 12:59pm On Oct 12, 2018
Nemesis001:

Check :

This is for 2011.

In 2015:

Lol, dumb analysis.

1 Like

Re: Empirical Analysis Of Why Buhari Will Win In 2019 by OneManLegion(m): 1:10pm On Oct 12, 2018
A very lucid analysis.

1 Like

Re: Empirical Analysis Of Why Buhari Will Win In 2019 by udemzyudex(m): 1:16pm On Oct 12, 2018
Buhari got a lot of sympathy vote in 2015, base on his integrity chant, promising to reduce government spending and also fight corruption.

Nigerians were also tired of PDP 16 years of governance and wanted a change of government.

Things have change now, in fact the 3 ½ years of APC is worse than the 16 years of PDP.
Nigerians have compared the years and really want a change of government.

The only way I think APC can win the 2019 presidential election is through rigging.
Re: Empirical Analysis Of Why Buhari Will Win In 2019 by Omon605(m): 1:48pm On Oct 12, 2018
elninosanz:

The truth is that if you have not been to the north you will feel Buhari have already lost the election. For those of us who have been to almost all the geo-polical zone know what's on ground. I even doubt if Atiku can defeat Buhari in Adamawa. Buhari is the most sellable product in the North, except Benue and maybe Plateau. They don't know any other politician in the north except Buhari, they see every other politicians as fake except Buhari. Even if you are in other party you add Buhari pictures to your posters to have meaning and followers. Atiku have aot to do now till election time to get enough votes from the north. Forget all the trash you are seeing on social media, those that vote in the North are not on social media and the value the voting more than any other thing you can ever think

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Empirical Analysis Of Why Buhari Will Win In 2019 by famology(m): 1:52pm On Oct 12, 2018
Linzo:

Sorry if you're hurt by his analysis. For me it's the most realistic I've seen here.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Empirical Analysis Of Why Buhari Will Win In 2019 by Omon605(m): 2:00pm On Oct 12, 2018
Nemesis001:

Check :

This is for 2011.

In 2015:

My Brother relax you won't see those figures you are quoting again because rigging won't happen this time. Am from South South, Edo to be specific and I know how those figures you are quoting come about. We don't come out to vote from the south simply because most of us have no interest in the election but the North see vote as part of there life. If we are able to encourage ourselves to come out and vote it will be fine. I live in the north, for each poll until the can register between 60-90% turnout why the south is between 20-40%. Which means for Atiku to win the he needs to get at least 40% of the total vote cast in the North, anything short of that, his gone.

1 Like

Re: Empirical Analysis Of Why Buhari Will Win In 2019 by Balyz: 2:10pm On Oct 12, 2018
genternity:
South East=97%
South South=84%
South West=40%
North West=30%
North East=65%
Middle Belt=70%
I hereby declare Atiku the President of Nigeria come 2019...
I wonder how an armchair southern based critic like you can just churn numbers from out of his ass. Do you even know the north at all? Are you aware that our almajiris have been mobilized and their votes from the three northern states of Kaduna, kano and katsina is enough to neutralise the votes from the entire SE and SS? Man Buhari is gonna win this thing with a landslide

1 Like

Re: Empirical Analysis Of Why Buhari Will Win In 2019 by Lot13(m): 2:17pm On Oct 12, 2018
85% correct.
Re: Empirical Analysis Of Why Buhari Will Win In 2019 by Nemesis001: 2:29pm On Oct 12, 2018
Omon605:

My Brother relax you won't see those figures you are quoting again because rigging won't happen this time. Am from South South, Edo to be specific and I know how those figures you are quoting come about. We don't come out to vote from the south simply because most of us have no interest in the election but the North see vote as part of there life. If we are able to encourage ourselves to come out and vote it will be fine. I live in the north, for each poll until the can register between 60-90% turnout why the south is between 20-40%. Which means for Atiku to win the he needs to get at least 40% of the total vote cast in the North, anything short of that, his gone.
Edo is PDP especially Esan.

Oga the SE will come out enmasse as long as one of their sons is given a VP slot.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Even 1st Class Nations Like USA Are Agriculture Focussed. Pic / Men Who Killed ‘terry G’, Others Villagers Over Land Arrested In Edo. Photos / Why I Don't Wear Pants-popular Female Artist

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 135
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.