Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,224 members, 7,818,765 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:15 AM

For Rock Fans - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / For Rock Fans (1980 Views)

For NON Rock Fans: 10 Rock Songs You Need To Hear Before You Die / Where My Rock Fans @? Nikelback, Linkin Park? Whats Your Flava? / Gospel Rock Fans Out Here? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

For Rock Fans by count(m): 11:23pm On Apr 06, 2007
I am just curious to know your favourite rock bands
Re: For Rock Fans by soulpatrol(f): 12:00am On Apr 12, 2007
finally, someone with good taste in music! cool i've got too many, but absolutely love the rock artists of the 90s most of all:

Nirvana then Foo Fighters
Soundgarden then Audioslave then Chris Cornell
Pearl Jam
Red Hot Chili Peppers
U2
Radiohead
The Doors
Queen

not too crazy about the current ones though i do like a few of em. cool
Re: For Rock Fans by iice(f): 11:04am On Apr 12, 2007
soulpatrol:

finally, someone with good taste in music! cool i've got too many, but absolutely love the rock artists of the 90s most of all:

Nirvana then Foo Fighters
Soundgarden then Audioslave then Chris Cornell
Pearl Jam
Red Hot Chili Peppers
U2
Radiohead
The Doors
Queen

All that and more
Re: For Rock Fans by drrionelli(m): 6:34pm On Apr 12, 2007
Just wondering--surely, there must be some good Nigerian rock bands. Tell us about them: Who's in them? How would you describe their music? Where are their recordings available? Where do they play live?

Thanks for the information!
Re: For Rock Fans by drrionelli(m): 3:45pm On Apr 14, 2007
Uh--hello?
Re: For Rock Fans by roflmao: 4:36pm On Apr 14, 2007
I'll be surprised if there's a Nigerian rock band. Black people gave up rock a long time ago. It was a token of our charity to white folks to address the void in their music making.

True story.
Re: For Rock Fans by soulpatrol(f): 2:07am On Apr 17, 2007
ouch cheesy
Re: For Rock Fans by justkunmi(m): 12:57pm On Apr 17, 2007
wow, endless list i av

googoo dolls
matchbox 20
foo fighters
crossfade
fallout boy
panic at the disco
hinder
lost prophets
nickelback
redhot chilli peppers
staind
switchfoot
the all american rejects
so many more. i av a fantastic collection of rock songs.
Re: For Rock Fans by kannymoore(m): 12:14pm On Apr 18, 2007
rof-lmao:

I'll be surprised if there's a Nigerian rock band. Black people gave up rock a long time ago. It was a token of our charity to white folks to address the void in their music making.

True story.

well, , i dont think so, , theres one band thats being played on brilla fm in lagos, , i dunno their nname but they had a brilliantly sung single with the title "nepa bring the light"  or something like that. it is off the hook. it has a blend of blink 182  and fast tempo accoustics. tis very hot.
also, , theres not forgetting rooftop mcs who gave us that memorable single , "shock therapy", the one with the chorus,

emi, ,emi, emi,
emi, la iye mi,

the list goes on.

hope i've been able to say a little something.
Re: For Rock Fans by samorijack(m): 7:45pm On May 16, 2007
the dave matthews band is definately my best band,love u2 as well
Re: For Rock Fans by tenor(m): 8:05pm On May 16, 2007
Djinee new song has a rock feel. www.myspace.com/djineeonline . You'll get to listen to "i no dey shame".
But hey i love The all American Rejects and Coldplay. They are hot!
Re: For Rock Fans by justkunmi(m): 1:01am On May 17, 2007
there are a few nigerians tryin to do rock but they aren't there yet. .a few more tries and we mite actually get there. but these few caught my attention. .

etcetera- love should last. .this dude's gat a video on tv. good song but he's too shy.
e-ben- on the rock, another good one. more of rock. he had a whole band and all.
djinee too tried with that nu song but not really rock, just a few strings

hey, anyone heard of gym class heroes? currently feelin them rite now
and also chris daughtry,

linkin park has a new album now.-minutes to midnight. just got it and am feelin it like crazy. . .
Re: For Rock Fans by Modups1(f): 11:13am On May 18, 2007
i just luv:

daughtry
creed (though scott stapp left) sad
alanis morrisette (shes kinda rock aint she?)
3 doors down
evanescence
dctalk grin grin grin
Re: For Rock Fans by soulpatrol(f): 10:02pm On May 18, 2007
yeah, daughty rocks. never knew them until i heard the new song "it's not over". so in love with it cheesy
Re: For Rock Fans by iice(f): 9:42am On May 19, 2007
That's coz its daughtry from American Idol that heads the band.
Re: For Rock Fans by Imani(f): 5:44pm On May 19, 2007
1. Queen

2. Bon Jovi

3. Green Day

will post more later
Re: For Rock Fans by doyin13(m): 6:45pm On May 19, 2007
Na wa o. Naija dey listen to rock.

Una be d lost generation.

Wetin happen!
Re: For Rock Fans by soulpatrol(f): 6:56pm On May 19, 2007
doyin13:

Na wa o. Naija dey listen to rock.

Una be d lost generation.

Wetin happen!

wow, typical example of ignorance! so because we're nigerians we should be limited to listening to african music like afro juju, rap, hip hop, r&b etc. hiss. i won't even bother trying to educate you. go get a life. music is universal. most people listen to whatever sounds good to the ear. i bet you never listened to anything outside your own comfort zone ehn? cool
Re: For Rock Fans by soulpatrol(f): 6:59pm On May 19, 2007
iice:

That's because its daughtry from American Idol that heads the band.

for real? that band came out from American Idol? wow, i didn't know that. i haven't been following the whole Idol thing for a while. i only watch all the funny auditions, and thats about it. when they get to eliminating the finalists, i lose interest in the show. but daughtry is an awesome band though. cool
Re: For Rock Fans by heatwave(m): 9:01pm On May 19, 2007
Bon Jovi
Oasis
u2
Deff Leppard
Nickleback
Evanescence
Avril Lavigne
Greenday
matchbox 20
Huku
Hoobastank
michelle branch
Gorillaz

giss, dis list can run 4eva grin
Re: For Rock Fans by doyin13(m): 9:55pm On May 19, 2007
soulpatrol:

wow, typical example of ignorance! so because we're nigerians we should be limited to listening to african music like afro juju, rap, hip hop, r&b etc. hiss. i won't even bother trying to educate you. go get a life. music is universal. most people listen to whatever sounds good to the ear. i bet you never listened to anything outside your own comfort zone ehn? cool

I would bet my range in music goes farther than yours miss.

I just find it odd that u guys probably don't own a Timbalada or Cheikh Lo album but you would own a Slipknot or Papa Roach one.

Lost I tell you. Like the Lost Prophets. Shit you probably have those ones too
Re: For Rock Fans by alien: 10:03am On May 20, 2007
u2 rockssssss,the all american rejects,bonjovi,the killers,mcfly,nirvana, the list could go on, i prefer gothic and pop rock
Re: For Rock Fans by Imani(f): 12:06am On May 21, 2007
1. Keane

2. Travis

3. ColdPlay

4. REM

5. The Animals

will post more later
Re: For Rock Fans by soulpatrol(f): 8:38pm On May 21, 2007
doyin13:

I would bet my range in music goes farther than yours miss.

I just find it odd that u guys probably don't own a Timbalada or Cheikh Lo album but you would own a Slipknot or Papa Roach one.

Lost I tell you. Like the Lost Prophets. Shit you probably have those ones too

@doyin13. ok, this is the highest form of ignorance i've ever seen!. how can you jump to conlusions that rock music is all we listen to? my friend, EVEN IF IT IS nko? ain't nothing bad about having specific taste in music, and for your information, music is supposed to go beyond any color boundaries. just becos you're african or whatever, shouldn't mean you limit yourself to that type of music. you need to widen your horizons. if you must know, i listen to rock, rap, r&b, country, pop, jazz, indian, african, latin music and what-have-you. so pls don't generalize. liking rock music doesn't mean i hate all other types, and if you're trying to call any of us here sell-outs, you're the one that needs to be enlightened. get a life! angry
Re: For Rock Fans by donjohano(m): 9:36pm On May 21, 2007
African-American rock group Living Colour (yeah, they spelt it the English way, with a "u"wink. 80s - 90s. Remember them?
Someone mentioned The Doors - great band. From the 60s - great decade musically.
Re: For Rock Fans by RedLips3(f): 9:43pm On May 21, 2007
slipknot is metal not rock, shows how much you know, doyin

anyway great list, soulpatrol(always wondered if your name was from snow patrol  tongue), ignore losers like doyin. They just run their mouths without knowing anything.

RHCP used to be my fav band. REM still rules all for me anyway.

Btw Gorillaz arent rock, they're alternative hiphop, now their real band, Blur is rock.
Re: For Rock Fans by donjohano(m): 9:50pm On May 21, 2007
Led Zeppelin.
Re: For Rock Fans by iice(f): 9:20am On May 22, 2007
Oasis (Still got a thing for Liam kiss)
Re: For Rock Fans by mrmetoo(m): 11:47am On May 22, 2007
I guess my favorites are:

Dave Mathews Band
Red Hot Chili Peppers
Coldplay
Incubus
Blink 182
Cranberries
Green Day
Re: For Rock Fans by naijagal(f): 10:55am On May 23, 2007
i luv rock music!
i luv naija music!
i aint no sell out! just being me! grin

anyhoooo. . .
nickleback
u2
american rejects
hootie & d blowfish

d list is endless & i luv em all!
Re: For Rock Fans by talktimi(m): 4:03pm On May 23, 2007
Im not really crazyyabout rock music especially of the heavy metal variety but hey The gorillaz are great i even have all their albums considering how much im involved in hip hop and i also love Linkin Park
Re: For Rock Fans by talktimi(m): 4:12pm On May 23, 2007
RED LIPS  METAL IS STILL UNDER THA ROCK GENRE . PLS DO UR RESEARCH B4 U START YABBING PEOPLE ie DOYIN

(1) (2) (Reply)

What's Your Favorite Rock Band? / Voice training with Gold Anuli Before Auditions : MTN project fame etc / Have You Heard About Naija Rave... Check Dis Out!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.