Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,231 members, 7,818,781 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:50 AM

Gov Dave Umahi, Chris Uba Mount Pressure On Atiku To Drop Peter Obi - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Gov Dave Umahi, Chris Uba Mount Pressure On Atiku To Drop Peter Obi (1412 Views)

Gunmen Attack Chris Uba’s Convoy, Kill Two Security Operatives / PDP Governors Mount Pressure On Wike To Drop Ayu-Must-Go Call / Peter Obi’s Stinginess Is Legendary – Chris Uba (Throwback) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Gov Dave Umahi, Chris Uba Mount Pressure On Atiku To Drop Peter Obi by Nobody: 1:42pm On Oct 13, 2018
Barely 24 hours after former Anambra State Governor, Mr. Peter Obi, emerged as the Vice Presidential Candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) for the 2019 polls, a clique in Igbo land led by Governor Dave Umahi and Chief Chris Uba has started mounting pressure on the party’s Presidential Candidate, former Vice President Atiku Abubakar, to drop him.

Impeccable sources close to the Atiku/Peter campaign network said that Umahi, Chairman of the South-East Governors Forum and who is well known for his closeness to President Muhammadu Buhari, is alleging that Atiku did not consult them before settling for Obi as his choice. This is despite the fact that the choice of Obi has elicited widespread acceptance across the country.

“As part of the rejection, Gov. Umahi with a few others working behind the scene, has called the meetings of Igbos in Enugu today to formally reject Mr. Peter Obi as the Vice Presidential candidate,” one of the sources said.

For Chris Uba, another PDP chieftain, his opposition to Obi is believed to be informed by economic considerations, as Obi had running battles with him during his days as Governor for refusing to continue illegal payments made to him as the then political godfather of the state.

Meanwhile, the Yorubas have expressed readiness to take the Vice Presidential slot with or without consultations. A Lagos-based lawyer, Barr. Wale Agosu, captured the thinking of the Yorubas when he wrote on Facebook:

“I have never seen a more terrible, wicked and brainless people. Imagine, after all the pressure that HE. Abubakar Atiku should choose his running mate from the West, he still went for an Igbo man. Did you notice that since the emergence of Mr. Peter Obi, Nigerians are united in commending the choice because of its quality? I think from what my friends from Anambra State tells me, Obi is an epitome of good governance and Nigerians rejoice because they see in him a man whose expertise will be of great value to the re-building of our over bastardised  country.

“Instead of embracing their own and working with him, some Igbo people are saying they were not consulted. What a people! Is this how they are going to achieve Igbo Presidency?

“The stand of these people means in clear terms that they are rejecting the offer.

“We Yorubas are therefore begging HE Abubakar Atiku to come and pick one of us. We do not even need consultations; just pick one of us because there is no time to waste.

“Let me ask again: Is this how this people will achieve Igbo presidency?”

On his part, another Yoruba lawyer, Barr. Sona Sat, perhaps exasperated by the bickering among the Igbo political elite, wrote in his own Facebook post: “Igbos do not know when to close ranks. I heard Ike Ekweremadu and others have vowed that Atiku must drop Mr. Peter Obi as his running mate. When Osinbajo was nominated, did we hear such in-fighting among the Yorubas? Please come and reason with me!”

https://newsexpressngr.com/news/62324-BREAKING-Umahi-Chris-Uba-mount-pressure-on-Atiku-to-drop-Peter-Obi-We-are-ready-for-PDPs-VP-slot-Yorubas
Re: Gov Dave Umahi, Chris Uba Mount Pressure On Atiku To Drop Peter Obi by Doerstech(m): 1:48pm On Oct 13, 2018
This is bad....they are doing it for their selfish reason...
Hope Waziri ingores them..
Re: Gov Dave Umahi, Chris Uba Mount Pressure On Atiku To Drop Peter Obi by gare(f): 1:48pm On Oct 13, 2018
Osagyefo98:
Barely 24 hours after former Anambra State Governor, Mr. Peter Obi, emerged as the Vice Presidential Candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) for the 2019 polls, a clique in Igbo land led by Governor Dave Umahi and Chief Chris Uba has started mounting pressure on the party’s Presidential Candidate, former Vice President Atiku Abubakar, to drop him.

Impeccable sources close to the Atiku/Peter campaign network said that Umahi, Chairman of the South-East Governors Forum and who is well known for his closeness to President Muhammadu Buhari, is alleging that Atiku did not consult them before settling for Obi as his choice. This is despite the fact that the choice of Obi has elicited widespread acceptance across the country.

“As part of the rejection, Gov. Umahi with a few others working behind the scene, has called the meetings of Igbos in Enugu today to formally reject Mr. Peter Obi as the Vice Presidential candidate,” one of the sources said.

For Chris Uba, another PDP chieftain, his opposition to Obi is believed to be informed by economic considerations, as Obi had running battles with him during his days as Governor for refusing to continue illegal payments made to him as the then political godfather of the state.

Meanwhile, the Yorubas have expressed readiness to take the Vice Presidential slot with or without consultations. A Lagos-based lawyer, Barr. Wale Agosu, captured the thinking of the Yorubas when he wrote on Facebook:

“I have never seen a more terrible, wicked and brainless people. Imagine, after all the pressure that HE. Abubakar Atiku should choose his running mate from the West, he still went for an Igbo man. Did you notice that since the emergence of Mr. Peter Obi, Nigerians are united in commending the choice because of its quality? I think from what my friends from Anambra State tells me, Obi is an epitome of good governance and Nigerians rejoice because they see in him a man whose expertise will be of great value to the re-building of our over bastardised  country.

“Instead of embracing their own and working with him, some Igbo people are saying they were not consulted. What a people! Is this how they are going to achieve Igbo Presidency?

“The stand of these people means in clear terms that they are rejecting the offer.

“We Yorubas are therefore begging HE Abubakar Atiku to come and pick one of us. We do not even need consultations; just pick one of us because there is no time to waste.

On his part, another Yoruba lawyer, Barr. Sona Sat, perhaps exasperated by the bickering among the Igbo political elite, wrote in his own Facebook post: “Igbos do not know when to close ranks. I heard Ike Ekweremadu and others have vowed that Atiku must drop Mr. Peter Obi as his running mate. When Osinbajo was nominated, did we hear such in-fighting among the Yorubas? Please come and reason with me!”

https://newsexpressngr.com/news/62324-BREAKING-Umahi-Chris-Uba-mount-pressure-on-Atiku-to-drop-Peter-Obi-We-are-ready-for-PDPs-VP-slot-Yorubas

It is disgrace that the Igbos are now fighting and waiting to be consulted first before the VP slot is filled. And if I may ask why should they be consulted? is Obi not an Ibo man ? They should put their house in other, This Umahi of a man should cross over to APC to let PDP be at peace.

2 Likes

Re: Gov Dave Umahi, Chris Uba Mount Pressure On Atiku To Drop Peter Obi by JudasNaCarrot: 1:48pm On Oct 13, 2018
This is a typical characteristics of the Igbos. They hate and fight their own instead of support and will never allow any one of them to rule over the other.

Ojukwu killed Nzeogwu because of fear that he may become head over him.

They sabotaged Odumegwu Ojukwu's effort to liberate them.

They hate themselves like kilode!

No matter how Afonja tribe fight each other, they still back down and let someone amongst them represent....that is called leadership and followers.

Let them join hand first and boot out the lifeless Dullard instead of this acrimonious fight.
Re: Gov Dave Umahi, Chris Uba Mount Pressure On Atiku To Drop Peter Obi by Famzer: 1:50pm On Oct 13, 2018
Osagyefo98:

Just a spin. In politics, consultations doesn't automatically mean rejection.

Re: Gov Dave Umahi, Chris Uba Mount Pressure On Atiku To Drop Peter Obi by globemoney: 1:55pm On Oct 13, 2018
The very desperate Peter Obi staged his VP announcement on social media even with Atiku yet to announce it, he has almost succeeded in arm twisting Atiku to announce him but what Atiku does not realize is that Peter Obi does not have any electoral value and election does not hold on social media
Re: Gov Dave Umahi, Chris Uba Mount Pressure On Atiku To Drop Peter Obi by MrJanuzaj: 1:56pm On Oct 13, 2018
Zone anything to igboland, they will fight to finish for it. 5 igbo senate presidents were produced from 1999 to 2007. Why do we hate ourselves like this?
Re: Gov Dave Umahi, Chris Uba Mount Pressure On Atiku To Drop Peter Obi by globemoney: 1:57pm On Oct 13, 2018
Doerstech:
This is bad....they are doing it for their selfish reason...

Hope Waziri ingores them..
Waziri should ignore them then Waziri will come to igboland and vote himself as president.
Re: Gov Dave Umahi, Chris Uba Mount Pressure On Atiku To Drop Peter Obi by CyynthiaKiss(f): 2:00pm On Oct 13, 2018
Anybody that believes this news will believe that Buhari is not behind the killer herdsmen.

Very stupid lies from pit of hell!
Re: Gov Dave Umahi, Chris Uba Mount Pressure On Atiku To Drop Peter Obi by Nobody: 2:00pm On Oct 13, 2018
globemoney:
The very desperate Peter Obi staged his VP announcement on social media even with Atiku yet to announce it, he has almost succeeded in arm twisting Atiku to announce him but what Atiku does not realize is that Peter Obi does not have any electoral value and election does not hold on social media

Not making sense.

2 Likes

Re: Gov Dave Umahi, Chris Uba Mount Pressure On Atiku To Drop Peter Obi by highpriestess: 2:01pm On Oct 13, 2018
Propaganda springing up.
Re: Gov Dave Umahi, Chris Uba Mount Pressure On Atiku To Drop Peter Obi by Nobody: 2:01pm On Oct 13, 2018
globemoney:

Waziri should ignore them then Waziri will come to igboland and vote himself as president.

Oga u sounding frustrated.

3 Likes

Re: Gov Dave Umahi, Chris Uba Mount Pressure On Atiku To Drop Peter Obi by highpriestess: 2:02pm On Oct 13, 2018
globemoney:

Stfu

3 Likes

Re: Gov Dave Umahi, Chris Uba Mount Pressure On Atiku To Drop Peter Obi by capatainrambo: 2:02pm On Oct 13, 2018
quiet there.

you have absolutely no reason to be against obi other that petty selfishness.
Re: Gov Dave Umahi, Chris Uba Mount Pressure On Atiku To Drop Peter Obi by richidinho(m): 2:03pm On Oct 13, 2018
thats why igbo people matter dey tire me, pesin choose who im like to work with
Re: Gov Dave Umahi, Chris Uba Mount Pressure On Atiku To Drop Peter Obi by capatainrambo: 2:05pm On Oct 13, 2018
globemoney:
and who is his uba to dictate to igbo people.

una own dey una body. no wonder these youruba boys see una finish
Re: Gov Dave Umahi, Chris Uba Mount Pressure On Atiku To Drop Peter Obi by weownlagos: 2:06pm On Oct 13, 2018
That dave aturu ebonyi umahi is playing buhari's script. He will meet his doom soon. As for chris uba no one takes that agboro serious.

1 Like

Re: Gov Dave Umahi, Chris Uba Mount Pressure On Atiku To Drop Peter Obi by globemoney: 2:07pm On Oct 13, 2018
Osagyefo98:

Oga u sounding frustrated.
ok.

APGA 2019! Gbor wins it!

Re: Gov Dave Umahi, Chris Uba Mount Pressure On Atiku To Drop Peter Obi by Obi1kenobi(m): 2:09pm On Oct 13, 2018
Jeez, man. Which kin fake news be dis one?

1 Like

Re: Gov Dave Umahi, Chris Uba Mount Pressure On Atiku To Drop Peter Obi by TundeBricklayer: 2:12pm On Oct 13, 2018
[s]
Osagyefo98:

[/s]
Lagos/Ibadan media propaganda, lost battle grin grin trying their best to paint Igbos black

Sun newspaper is own by Orji Uzor Kalu APC chieftain

http://sunnewsonline.com/jubilation-in-south-east-as-ohanaeze-umahi-hail-atikus-choice/

Kindly read

Jubilation in South-East as Ohanaeze, Umahi hail Atiku’s choice

The apex socio-cultural organisation of Ndigbo, Ohanaeze, has hailed the appointment of former Anambra State governor Peter Obi as the running mate of the presidential candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), Alhaji Atiku Abubakar.

READ ALSO: 2019: Atiku picks Peter Obi as running mate

Ohanaeze’s commendation came even as there was jubilation in Anambra and other parts of the South East over Obi’s choice as vice to Atiku.

National Publicity secretary of Ohanaeze, Mr. Uche Achi-Okpaga said Atiku made the right choice as Obi has been tested as governor for Anambra State for eight years.

He said appointments should be based on merit and not sentiments or other primordial considerations.

Achi-Okpaga however noted that Ohanaeze is more interested in restructuring of the country than an Igbo becoming vice president or even president.
Ebonyi State Governor, Dave Umahi also congratulated Nigerians and the PDP for the choice of Obi as a running mate to the PDP presidential candidate.

Umahi in a statement by his Chief Press Secretary, Emmanuel Uzor described the choice of Obi as a master stroke, a political calculation that has all the trappings of making Nigeria work again under the PDP.
He expressed optimism that with the Atiku /Obi ticket, Nigerians will work again, describing Obi as a consummate administrator who showed class in leadership as a two-term governor of Anambra State.
Secretary General of Conference of Nigerian Political Parties (CNPP), Willy Ezeugwu said Obi’s choice is the best thing that has happened to the people of the South East and Nigeria.
He described Obi as a detribalised Nigerian whose track records speak volumes, saying that the Atiku/Obi ticket would reposition the country.

Former member of the House of Representatives and a PDP chieftain, USA Igwesi also commended Atiku for not succumbing to sentiments in his choice of VP.
He said that the PDP’s presidential candidate has shown that he does not want to play politics with the future of Nigerians describing Obi as great technocrat and manager of resources. Former PDP Chairman in Anambra State, Chief Pandola Okwuosa said it was a welcome development which will go a long way to get the bloc support of not only Anambra State but the entire South East.
Peter Obi is a great mobiliser and he has an impeccable political record in Nigeria. People will follow him and with his emergence, other political parties will also join hands to support Atiku irrespective of party affiliations and with this arrangement, they will take power from the incumbent administration” he said.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gov Dave Umahi, Chris Uba Mount Pressure On Atiku To Drop Peter Obi by gurnam: 2:15pm On Oct 13, 2018
This is what you get when you don't have a central political figure to defer to.

That rubbish they gloatly call igbos nwero eze is a curse to them politically in Nigeria
Re: Gov Dave Umahi, Chris Uba Mount Pressure On Atiku To Drop Peter Obi by mycar: 2:22pm On Oct 13, 2018
undecided
Re: Gov Dave Umahi, Chris Uba Mount Pressure On Atiku To Drop Peter Obi by awgumayor: 2:27pm On Oct 13, 2018
Some people will never sleep until they make someone fall. They are now manufacturing news here and there. Sorry, Igbos are wiser. Divide and rule will never again sell in Igboland.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Gov Dave Umahi, Chris Uba Mount Pressure On Atiku To Drop Peter Obi by Nobody: 2:28pm On Oct 13, 2018
gurnam:
This is what you get when you don't have a central political figure to defer to.

That rubbish they gloatly call igbos nwero eze is a curse to them politically in Nigeria

If you want to learn igbo indicate but stop bastardizinng the language.

Peace
Re: Gov Dave Umahi, Chris Uba Mount Pressure On Atiku To Drop Peter Obi by Boomark(m): 2:36pm On Oct 13, 2018
You guys should stop reading fake news. We would rather throw Umahi and Uba out of Igbo land than listen to them on this.
Re: Gov Dave Umahi, Chris Uba Mount Pressure On Atiku To Drop Peter Obi by IamAtikulate: 2:57pm On Oct 13, 2018
Stupid yorubas have started. Some people are just cursed. Umahi was the first Igbo politician to endorse Atiku/Obi and all Ebonyi delegates voted for Atiku and he was duly consulted as Chairman of SE Governors Forum before Obi emerged.

The enemies of state should go and die.

(1) (Reply)

Fashola Inspected The Completion O Nnamdi Azikwe Mauesoleum / Boko Haram Commander Who Slaughtered More Than 200 Nigerians / Rivers Primaries: Supreme Court To Rule On APC Appeals On Tuesday

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.