Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,506 members, 7,816,207 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:38 AM

See The Remodeled Port Harcourt Intl Airport - Photos - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / See The Remodeled Port Harcourt Intl Airport - Photos (34813 Views)

Private Jets Spotted On The Tarmac Of The Abuja Intl Airport (pix/video) / First Presidential Jet Lands At Anambra Int'l Airport (Photos) / The Moment Air Peace Plane Landed At Anambra Int'l Airport (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: See The Remodeled Port Harcourt Intl Airport - Photos by coast2sahara: 6:27am On Oct 15, 2018
I weep for Nigeria.. but there is light at the end of the tunnel. Where in the world do you still find overhead electrical wires running around an airport?
Those of you who try to Post these kinds of pictures for pecuniary reasons, posterity awaits you all. Can you imagine the number of years it has taken to achieve just little. I clap for Nigerian government past and present.
Re: See The Remodeled Port Harcourt Intl Airport - Photos by Aryin87(m): 6:27am On Oct 15, 2018
modath:

Under which adminstration or FAAN exists in vacuum?

The good WORK this government is doing, you guys will downplay like it's nothing, the ones that are WIP, you highlight & shout to the heavens like he killed your first borns! lipsrsealed

Good job! Sai Baba 2019 cool
Leave them na, by their speech we shall know them.
Re: See The Remodeled Port Harcourt Intl Airport - Photos by Memyselfu2009(m): 6:28am On Oct 15, 2018
Dont be fool i was in ph last month.
The Airport is so so bad no sit and most sit were bad.
Re: See The Remodeled Port Harcourt Intl Airport - Photos by Aryin87(m): 6:28am On Oct 15, 2018
coast2sahara:
I weep for Nigeria.. but there is light at the end of the tunnel. Where in the world do you still find overhead electrical wires running around an airport.
Those of you who try to Post these kinds of pictures for pecuniary reasons, posterity awaits you all. Can you imagine the of years it has taken to achieve just little. I clap for Nigerian government past and present.
Have you been outside Nigeria before?
Re: See The Remodeled Port Harcourt Intl Airport - Photos by Franzinni: 6:29am On Oct 15, 2018
All the zombies on Nairaland are here!

Every last one!!! Even the ones out anti virus failed to detect.... They have come out to praise their pay master... The lifeless white Walker..
Re: See The Remodeled Port Harcourt Intl Airport - Photos by nengibo: 6:31am On Oct 15, 2018
Bannylove13:

Chai..
Used to since when?

I hate lies..
KLM..since 89..

Olboy..show me the flight schedule since 1997.. please..

Even before or after then..

No dey tell me use to..
1000 sure..

Na person you dey follow talk no robot
Most of the Total staff in ph, go via ph international airport to France, you are welcome
Re: See The Remodeled Port Harcourt Intl Airport - Photos by oweman: 6:37am On Oct 15, 2018
Why are Nigerians arguing on matters that has no meaning Jonathan started a project did not finish Buhari finish same project miscreants are arguing on nairaland as if they are blind to work done .
Honestly I think you guys are mentally lazy
Re: See The Remodeled Port Harcourt Intl Airport - Photos by BTCog: 6:41am On Oct 15, 2018
AutoReportNG:
All is now set for the official commission or can we say relaunch or the remodeled Port International Airport.

The Port Harcourt airport has been rated as one of the worst airports in Nigeria despite being one of the busiest in the country with chunks of revenue to the Federal Government.

According to Wikipedia, Port Harcourt International Airport is an international airport located in Omagwa, a suburb of Port Harcourt, the capital city of the Rivers State in Nigeria. The airport has a single terminal with separate facilities for international and domestic flights. In 2009, the airport served 1,081,587 passengers, making it the third-busiest airport in Nigeria.

On 18 August 2006, the airport was closed for repairs. The Nigerian Civil Aviation Authority stated that the emergency shutdown was in order to overhaul the runway and build a fence around the facility. Such maintenance had been in planning stages for several months, but an electrical fire on 17 August 2006 made repairs immediately necessary. All domestic flights were diverted to Sam Mbakwe Airport (Owerri), Akanu Ibiam International Airport (Enugu) and Margaret Ekpo International Airport (Calabar), while international flights were diverted to Nnamdi Azikiwe International Airport (Abuja) or Murtala Mohammed International Airport (Lagos).

Repair work started in January 2007, while re-opening was originally expected to be in August 2007. In June 2007, work was suspended due to safety concerns of the engineers.

In December 2007, the airport was reopened to a limited capacity. Operations were restricted to daytime until the first quarter of 2008, by which time the new CAT III lighting system became fully operational.

The FAAN has released some pictures which show the finished hub and ready for business.

Source:
https://www.autoreportng.com/2018/10/see-remodeled-port-harcourt-intl.html

[img]https://3.bp..com/-lonMNOQBvzs/W8O5V1Y3gbI/AAAAAAAAVCA/NJDB9G93xEUkRNcznY_pqAz1V6C7A1hGwCLcBGAs/s1600/ph9.jpg[/img]

Lalasticlala
Seun
Mynd44
Marpol
Dominique

Sorry, where did you get these pictures from because I used the same airport yesterday. The only difference was that we were not allowed to trekk as the their usual custom has been when landed.
Re: See The Remodeled Port Harcourt Intl Airport - Photos by NaijaFutbol: 6:42am On Oct 15, 2018
Bannylove13:

Una Sabi lie..

Was Portharcourt airport international airport before?

Which flight dey fly from dia .. grin grin

Pilgrim's.. grin

Oga respect your self this evening oh

You were truly born yesterday or you started using your brains recently.

PH has always been an international airport
Re: See The Remodeled Port Harcourt Intl Airport - Photos by Realname: 6:42am On Oct 15, 2018
[s]
buhariguy:
And the jobless aggressive lazy idiotic pigs of bia-fra terrorist said the best president is not working,
What their ineffectual buffoon could not do for 6yrs.
[/s]

See omo igbo take your mad rant else where and stop disturbing civilized people

Mad ipob tout
Re: See The Remodeled Port Harcourt Intl Airport - Photos by walebliss(m): 6:46am On Oct 15, 2018
He cannot fix it in 3years but he destroyed it more in 3 years. At least if nothing worked under the PDP, INEC was transparent & working but now ñothing but lies uphandan
Movic1:
Some people said he did nothing. Goodluck came from SS and couldn't repair that Airport ... Those people who want buhari to fix Pdp's 16yrs mess within 3yrs, You are all M#D...
Re: See The Remodeled Port Harcourt Intl Airport - Photos by Chiy2k: 6:56am On Oct 15, 2018
That's a new wing of the phc intl airport awarded by good luck. The old airport is still like a motor park.
Re: See The Remodeled Port Harcourt Intl Airport - Photos by meccuno: 6:58am On Oct 15, 2018
Franking:

Mumu. May ur father die of leprosy. Ignorant goat.
grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: See The Remodeled Port Harcourt Intl Airport - Photos by jazzy16(m): 6:58am On Oct 15, 2018
Let me clarify something to you guys. The PH airport project is not even FG funds. It was initiated by GEJ Government. The deal amounts to about $100million of Exim bank of China. To build airports in abuja, ph, lagos and kano. The funds belong to the chinese and the chinese are in charge of the project. When the airport commences operations, the chinese would run the airport for upward 20years to recoup there funds and then handover to the government. Something similar to Bicourtney in MM2 lagos.

And for those that doubt PH airport operations its an International airport Lufthansa and Airfrance fly their almost on a daily basis. Also cronos that operates malabo and ghana routes too.
Taink you

2 Likes

Re: See The Remodeled Port Harcourt Intl Airport - Photos by Ovamboland(m): 6:59am On Oct 15, 2018
before they say Stella Oduah/Jonathan completed the airport before handing over see Amaechi inspecting the PH airport during construction

Re: See The Remodeled Port Harcourt Intl Airport - Photos by Josh44s(m): 6:59am On Oct 15, 2018
mycar:
Cosmetics surgery. Only time will tell, we don suffer for this country

Best comment for the week. 90% of project done anywhere in this country are all cosmetic surgery. You said it all.
Re: See The Remodeled Port Harcourt Intl Airport - Photos by Ovamboland(m): 6:59am On Oct 15, 2018
More......

Re: See The Remodeled Port Harcourt Intl Airport - Photos by WorldRichest: 7:02am On Oct 15, 2018
mycar:
Cosmetics surgery. Only time will tell, we don suffer for this country

Like the one your lord Goatluck Jonaddaft and his mistress the kleptomaniac Princess Stella Oduah did?
Re: See The Remodeled Port Harcourt Intl Airport - Photos by aminho(m): 7:05am On Oct 15, 2018
Bannylove13:

Chai..
Used to since when?

I hate lies..
KLM..since 89..

Olboy..show me the flight schedule since 1997.. please..

Even before or after then..

No dey tell me use to..
1000 sure..

Na person you dey follow talk no robot

We flew into ph with an Air France plane from Paris with some staff of total petroleum late last year pls say what you know

2 Likes

Re: See The Remodeled Port Harcourt Intl Airport - Photos by eiete(f): 7:07am On Oct 15, 2018
Bannylove13:

For how long and when was the last flight?

Your trying to make it look like a thing of yesterday..

Even Lufthansa KLM airfrancr did Operate from enugu airport too..

So what happened?

Re: See The Remodeled Port Harcourt Intl Airport - Photos by ridbell01(m): 7:08am On Oct 15, 2018
those wailers would not like this...that prostitute used the money meant for this to buy herself bulletproof car and some people whose future were stolen swill steal come here to condemn this administration

1 Like

Re: See The Remodeled Port Harcourt Intl Airport - Photos by CoolAmbience(m): 7:09am On Oct 15, 2018
otokx:

Lufthansa and Airfrance operate from Port Harcourt.

Don't mind him.

He doesn't know.

I have used Air France to CDG before.
Re: See The Remodeled Port Harcourt Intl Airport - Photos by Tellemall: 7:10am On Oct 15, 2018
germanized:
Remodelling of an airport that can't be compared to an average train station in other parts of the world. People better wake up and demand more from the thieves we call leaders...

Muritala Mohammed Airport still leaks water when you arrive this country, saw it with my naked eyes. They placed buckets beside the queue at the point of entry. You will now expect oyinbo man to invest in a country that can't fix leaking roof in their busiest airport. sad

That airport! Cannot say more.

1 Like

Re: See The Remodeled Port Harcourt Intl Airport - Photos by Danchibez: 7:11am On Oct 15, 2018
Pls can someone update us on Anambra airport, is Willie still working d airport?
Re: See The Remodeled Port Harcourt Intl Airport - Photos by efilefun(m): 7:12am On Oct 15, 2018
Bannylove13:

Oga show me flight schedule of your portharcourt international airport grin

No dey jonze..

Abi na only for pilgrimage and Hadji ..make am international airport?

Una go use propaganda dey run everything..abi you know read your own link?
But you all were celebrating ilorin "international" airport which was built during mr drown naija era in kwara... Airport that looks worst than Ambode's motor parks lol
Re: See The Remodeled Port Harcourt Intl Airport - Photos by SureBETarena: 7:12am On Oct 15, 2018
Movic1:

He upgraded it truly, that is why Port Harcourt International Airport was named the worst international Airport in the world.
Even with this upgrade the airport remains the worst because you can't compare this airport to any around the world, not even Kotoka international airport in Accra, Ghana.
Re: See The Remodeled Port Harcourt Intl Airport - Photos by tinktanker: 7:13am On Oct 15, 2018
Pls stop this cheap lies na. This is not ph airport omagwa. Pls someone shld go and see ph airport. Apc goons are their handwork of lies again. I was at the airport abt 3days ago to be precise on Friday the 12th of October 2018 and this is not ph airport. Y did photographer obviously miss the front of ph airport that carries the name boldly. Buharist can't fool us oooo. Ppl just believe lies easily. Y shld ppl spread lies to convince ppl of good governance. Well they fooled ppl that don't come to ph through the airport.
Re: See The Remodeled Port Harcourt Intl Airport - Photos by Agugbadin: 7:14am On Oct 15, 2018
Bannylove13:
Ameachi our man..

Buhari we don't know..

Oduah you try..even though Dem no gree you.

But amechi for touch enugu too..

Ikewere meka..
ODUAH IS A THEIF DON'T MENTION HERE NAME HERE
Re: See The Remodeled Port Harcourt Intl Airport - Photos by jazzy16(m): 7:19am On Oct 15, 2018
tinktanker:
Pls stop this cheap lies na. This is not ph airport omagwa. Pls someone shld go and see ph airport. Apc goons are their handwork of lies again. I was at the airport abt 3days ago to be precise on Friday the 12th of October 2018 and this is not ph airport. Y did photographer obviously miss the front of ph airport that carries the name boldly. Buharist can't fool us oooo. Ppl just believe lies easily. Y shld ppl spread lies to convince ppl of good governance. Well they fooled ppl that don't come to ph through the airport.
Ph airport have three terminal buildings. Two are the ones you see as you enter the airport. Departure and arrivals. The departure is in use for some years now. The arrivals is still under reconstruction. The tents by the side is neen used for arrivals. This new terminal building is towards GAT portion of the airport. You can't see the building else you drive to the area its located

2 Likes

Re: See The Remodeled Port Harcourt Intl Airport - Photos by Areaboy2(m): 7:21am On Oct 15, 2018
Bannylove13:

For how long and when was the last flight?

Your trying to make it look like a thing of yesterday..

Even Lufthansa KLM airfrancr did Operate from enugu airport too..

So what happened?

My friend.. go to air france website and try to book a flight from phc.. stop making ill informed statements..

I flew air france from phc on Wednesday..

I hate buhari probably more than you do.. but doesn't change the fact that it is an international airport..
Re: See The Remodeled Port Harcourt Intl Airport - Photos by Freeman59: 7:21am On Oct 15, 2018
modath:

Under which adminstration or FAAN exists in vacuum?

The good WORK this government is doing, you guys will downplay like it's nothing, the ones that are WIP, you highlight & shout to the heavens like he killed your first borns! lipsrsealed

Good job! Sai Baba 2019 cool

I urge you all to come over to Port Harcourt and see for yourselves. Except this job was done a week ago, I'm not buying this hogwash. I touched down this same airport last Sunday so when exactly was this done?? That airport is still whack guys

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Uzere-Asaba Expressway Bridge Collapses After A Heavy Downpour / Accident Along Obosi, Anambra: Four People Feared Dead, Others Injured (Photos) / Flood Kills Mother Of Five In Anambra (Disturbing Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.