Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,578 members, 7,816,426 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:04 AM

See The Remodeled Port Harcourt Intl Airport - Photos - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / See The Remodeled Port Harcourt Intl Airport - Photos (34814 Views)

Private Jets Spotted On The Tarmac Of The Abuja Intl Airport (pix/video) / First Presidential Jet Lands At Anambra Int'l Airport (Photos) / The Moment Air Peace Plane Landed At Anambra Int'l Airport (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: See The Remodeled Port Harcourt Intl Airport - Photos by Komu1048(m): 7:32am On Oct 15, 2018
When will Nigeria ever build something world class with all the bulky Money allocated for these projects. Go to Ghana here n see for yourself what we refer to as minimum standard for airport. Nothing special about this.
Re: See The Remodeled Port Harcourt Intl Airport - Photos by Ovamboland(m): 7:45am On Oct 15, 2018
NaijaFutbol:

You were truly born yesterday or you started using your brains recently.

PH has always been an international airport

I remember reports some years back that Air France ran into cows on the tarmac damaging the plane landing gear

https://allafrica.com/stories/200507070205.html

Port Harcourt/Lagos — Plane kills 6 cows on Port Harcourt runway - Airport closed for 8 hours

A major incident, unprecedented in the nation's aviation industry occurred at about 4.30 am yesterday when an aircraft belonging to French carrier, Air France collided with six cows right at the Port Harcourt Airport runway, killing all of them.
Re: See The Remodeled Port Harcourt Intl Airport - Photos by obailala(m): 7:50am On Oct 15, 2018
Bannylove13:

Chai..
Used to since when?

I hate lies..
KLM..since 89..

Olboy..show me the flight schedule since 1997.. please..

Even before or after then..

No dey tell me use to..
1000 sure..

Na person you dey follow talk no robot
Bannylove13:
Your guys re not dealing with novice..
They used to..when was their last flight from the said airport..
Aren't they still flying from mm..
And Kano..jameta?

When I saw your first post claiming PHC wasnt an international airport with international flights, I initially wanted to reply you. But then I realised you were only joking, so I held back. But with your subsequent posts insisting on the same ignorant stand, despite the fact that several people have clarified things for you, it's really difficult placing what your motives are.

Kudos to otokx, Modath and blue3k for having the patience to respond severally to a person feigning sleep.

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: See The Remodeled Port Harcourt Intl Airport - Photos by martineverest(m): 7:50am On Oct 15, 2018
Bannylove13:

Make Dem first upgrade to international airport..with Europe and USA Asia flight schedule before una start to make noise..

Na building we still dey see... W no mean anything
Rivers get plenty structures wey fine pass this abeg.

Some flight have to be diverted from Lagos and Kano..
if u have been to JFK airport new York,u won't be spewing trash
Re: See The Remodeled Port Harcourt Intl Airport - Photos by martineverest(m): 7:51am On Oct 15, 2018
Komu1048:
When will Nigeria ever build something world class with all the bulky Money allocated for these projects. Go to Ghana here n see for yourself what we refer to as minimum standard for airport. Nothing special about this.
have u seen terminal 2 of MMIA?
Re: See The Remodeled Port Harcourt Intl Airport - Photos by SocialJustice: 7:58am On Oct 15, 2018
Rubbish airport.
Re: See The Remodeled Port Harcourt Intl Airport - Photos by Nobody: 7:59am On Oct 15, 2018
modath:

Under which adminstration or FAAN exists in vacuum?

The good WORK this government is doing, you guys will downplay like it's nothing, the ones that are WIP, you highlight & shout to the heavens like he killed your first borns!

Good job! Sai Baba 2019 cool
oboy if u know what is good for you u better atikulate immediately angry
Re: See The Remodeled Port Harcourt Intl Airport - Photos by Amazingman(m): 8:05am On Oct 15, 2018
Which bus station is this, God is good is nice but this bus park looks nice, ooo na airport.
Re: See The Remodeled Port Harcourt Intl Airport - Photos by wingmanII: 8:11am On Oct 15, 2018
GEJ and Oduah began the Rehabilitation of this airport. It was 90% completed by GEJ. Let's give kudos to those deserving it.
Re: See The Remodeled Port Harcourt Intl Airport - Photos by Werehkpe: 8:23am On Oct 15, 2018
Looks more like a local airport to me though.
Re: See The Remodeled Port Harcourt Intl Airport - Photos by ruggedtimi(m): 8:47am On Oct 15, 2018
buhariguy:
And the jobless aggressive lazy idiotic pigs of bia-fra terrorist said the best president is not working,
What their ineffectual buffoon could not do for 6yrs.
bro that project is carried out solely by a chinese firm. Rivers govt or fed govt has no hand in it
Re: See The Remodeled Port Harcourt Intl Airport - Photos by adami: 8:49am On Oct 15, 2018
Bannylove13:

Una Sabi lie..

Was Portharcourt airport international airport before?

Which flight dey fly from dia .. grin grin

Pilgrim's.. grin

Oga respect your self this evening oh
Re: See The Remodeled Port Harcourt Intl Airport - Photos by tinktanker: 8:49am On Oct 15, 2018
jazzy16:

Ph airport have three terminal buildings. Two are the ones you see as you enter the airport. Departure and arrivals. The departure is in use for some years now. The arrivals is still under reconstruction. The tents by the side is neen used for arrivals. This new terminal building is towards GAT portion of the airport. You can't see the building else you drive to the area its located
is it the one that gej was building?
Re: See The Remodeled Port Harcourt Intl Airport - Photos by Konquest: 9:01am On Oct 15, 2018
AutoReportNG:
All is now set for the official commission or can we say relaunch or the remodeled Port International Airport.

The Port Harcourt airport has been rated as one of the worst airports in Nigeria despite being one of the busiest in the country with chunks of revenue to the Federal Government.

According to Wikipedia, Port Harcourt International Airport is an international airport located in Omagwa, a suburb of Port Harcourt, the capital city of the Rivers State in Nigeria. The airport has a single terminal with separate facilities for international and domestic flights. In 2009, the airport served 1,081,587 passengers, making it the third-busiest airport in Nigeria.

On 18 August 2006, the airport was closed for repairs. The Nigerian Civil Aviation Authority stated that the emergency shutdown was in order to overhaul the runway and build a fence around the facility. Such maintenance had been in planning stages for several months, but an electrical fire on 17 August 2006 made repairs immediately necessary. All domestic flights were diverted to Sam Mbakwe Airport (Owerri), Akanu Ibiam International Airport (Enugu) and Margaret Ekpo International Airport (Calabar), while international flights were diverted to Nnamdi Azikiwe International Airport (Abuja) or Murtala Mohammed International Airport (Lagos).

Repair work started in January 2007, while re-opening was originally expected to be in August 2007. In June 2007, work was suspended due to safety concerns of the engineers.

In December 2007, the airport was reopened to a limited capacity. Operations were restricted to daytime until the first quarter of 2008, by which time the new CAT III lighting system became fully operational.

The FAAN has released some pictures which show the finished hub and ready for business.

Source:
https://www.autoreportng.com/2018/10/see-remodeled-port-harcourt-intl.html

[img]https://3.bp..com/-lonMNOQBvzs/W8O5V1Y3gbI/AAAAAAAAVCA/NJDB9G93xEUkRNcznY_pqAz1V6C7A1hGwCLcBGAs/s1600/ph9.jpg[/img]

^^^^^^
^^^^^^
Nice one from the PMB administration via Rotimi Chibuike Amaechi's doggedness.
Amaechi is also working hard to make sure that the December 2018 delivery date
for the Lagos-Kano Modern Standard Guage line linking the Seaport is completed
in record time.

He was in Abeokuta a month ago again to check on the status of the New Rail Terminal there too.
If they can complete these works, they will get more votes in 2019 based on
performance... Amaechi is very hardworking and visible and should be retained
in the NEXT PMB CABINET IN 2019.
grin

Well done to the Government on the PH Airport Remodelling! MORE can still be done
with the concessioning of the Airports. These are the positive stories I like
to read. Thank you!
Re: See The Remodeled Port Harcourt Intl Airport - Photos by Nobody: 9:03am On Oct 15, 2018
germanized:
Remodelling of an airport that can't be compared to an average train station in other parts of the world. People better wake up and demand more from the thieves we call leaders...

Muritala Mohammed Airport still leaks water when you arrive this country, saw it with my naked eyes. They placed buckets beside the queue at the point of entry. You will now expect oyinbo man to invest in a country that can't fix leaking roof in their busiest airport. sad
remain for germany na.who dey force you to come?
Abi we tell you say we dey compare with Europe?

1 Like

Re: See The Remodeled Port Harcourt Intl Airport - Photos by jazzy16(m): 9:11am On Oct 15, 2018
tinktanker:
is it the one that gej was building?

The two terminal buildings you see once you enter the airport marked Portharcourt International Airport. Ie the departure and ongoing arrival started by Stella oduah under GEJ.

The new terminal building posted by autoreportNG was initiated by GEJ but not FG funds. Funds from china work done by the chinese.

1 Like

Re: See The Remodeled Port Harcourt Intl Airport - Photos by Ovamboland(m): 9:46am On Oct 15, 2018
ruggedtimi:
bro that project is carried out solely by a chinese firm. Rivers govt or fed govt has no hand in it

The Chinese just arrived in PH and started constructing airport without any government input?
You're Otuoke smart

3 Likes

Re: See The Remodeled Port Harcourt Intl Airport - Photos by naijapips02: 10:11am On Oct 15, 2018
Ovamboland:

The Chinese just arrived in PH and started constructing airport without any government input?
You're Otuoke smart

You are Duara smart. GEJ's FGN had already provided $100 million conterpart funding for this.

https://www.nairaland.com/4789078/apc-lie-busted-port-harcourt
Re: See The Remodeled Port Harcourt Intl Airport - Photos by johnaruson(m): 10:15am On Oct 15, 2018
Big lies, I was at ph international Airport on the Sunday of PDP national convention 2018, these renovation pictures does not exist there.
Re: See The Remodeled Port Harcourt Intl Airport - Photos by kolaaderin: 10:32am On Oct 15, 2018
Bannylove13:

No dey lie shamelessly..

Good luck did upgrade that airport..na una no gree oduah complete the upgrade..with una bullet car corruption stories..

Have you been there before?

Both during Gej upgrade and now..

hatred in you makes you talk out of sense and points, what happened to the GEJ upgrade that warrant it to be due for another upgrade in less than 2 years. I guess they did a seriously shabby job of no good standard.
Re: See The Remodeled Port Harcourt Intl Airport - Photos by Obienesarah: 10:35am On Oct 15, 2018
Bannylove13:
Ameachi our man..
Buhari we don't know..
Oduah you try..even though Dem no gree you.
But amechi for touch enugu too..
Ikewere meka..

Dieli......
Re: See The Remodeled Port Harcourt Intl Airport - Photos by headz(m): 10:36am On Oct 15, 2018
GEJ Their all time Minister of Works started it as usual.
Re: See The Remodeled Port Harcourt Intl Airport - Photos by kolaaderin: 10:38am On Oct 15, 2018
Bannylove13:

Oga show me flight schedule of your portharcourt international airport grin

No dey jonze..

Abi na only for pilgrimage and Hadji ..make am international airport?

Una go use propaganda dey run everything..abi you know read your own link?
keep quiet my friend, its an international airport made moribund by the locust years of PDP. International flight should be landing and leaving the airport if not for the terrible condition that international flight operator founds to be not close to standard for international traffics.

Wailer and the use of the word propaganda is worrisome.
Re: See The Remodeled Port Harcourt Intl Airport - Photos by ruggedtimi(m): 11:01am On Oct 15, 2018
Ovamboland:

You're Otuoke smart
Funds from china...When the airport is completed it will be runned by the chinese firm and they will only pay tax back to the federal or state govt. The arrival terminal at the other airport building is yet to be completed and that particular project is funded by the federal govt. The chinese firm's logo is written all over the compound.
Re: See The Remodeled Port Harcourt Intl Airport - Photos by Nobody: 11:42am On Oct 15, 2018
I hope they installed Airconditioner, last time i was there Heat wan kee me. embarassed
Re: See The Remodeled Port Harcourt Intl Airport - Photos by emeksdonalds(m): 12:22pm On Oct 15, 2018
My friend, this is not a remodeled airport, This is the 500m dollar loan oduah initiated during GEJ tenure to construct new terminals in Our 4 int’l airport simultaneously.... Mind you that the terminal would be controlled by the Chinese for 23yrs to make their money plus gain... Stop praising an incompetent govt cos of another persons job
FriendNG:
Hadi Sirika has done it again

Amaechi has done it again

Buhari has done it again.

If there is any single Minister that out shinned all others, then it's the Honorable minister of transportation H.E Chibuike Rotimi Amaechi.

Re: See The Remodeled Port Harcourt Intl Airport - Photos by pgodson7(m): 12:55pm On Oct 15, 2018
thats a timetable of flights for lufthansa and air france departing from port harcourt this week. if u dont know things keep shut and stop talking thrash
Bannylove13:

Una Sabi lie..

Was Portharcourt airport international airport before?

Which flight dey fly from dia .. grin grin

Pilgrim's.. grin

Oga respect your self this evening oh

Re: See The Remodeled Port Harcourt Intl Airport - Photos by Martin0(m): 1:15pm On Oct 15, 2018
gypsey:
I hope they installed Airconditioner, last time i was there Heat wan kee me. embarassed

eheh you serious
Re: See The Remodeled Port Harcourt Intl Airport - Photos by Nobody: 1:34pm On Oct 15, 2018
nwanneni:
remain for germany na.who dey force you to come?
Abi we tell you say we dey compare with Europe?
No be ur people from east full Europe dey seek asylum? Keep pretending like you're satisfied with the rot in the system. Your life, your choice.
Re: See The Remodeled Port Harcourt Intl Airport - Photos by Nobody: 2:09pm On Oct 15, 2018
Martin0:

eheh you serious
Yes, the heat at that Airport was Horrible, i had to take my Shoes and shirt off 2 Hours before take off.
Re: See The Remodeled Port Harcourt Intl Airport - Photos by Nobody: 2:12pm On Oct 15, 2018
Bannylove13:

Make Dem first upgrade to international airport..with Europe and USA Asia flight schedule before una start to make noise..

Na building we still dey see... W no mean anything
Rivers get plenty structures wey fine pass this abeg.

Some flight have to be diverted from Lagos and Kano..
grin grin i wonder oo!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Uzere-Asaba Expressway Bridge Collapses After A Heavy Downpour / Accident Along Obosi, Anambra: Four People Feared Dead, Others Injured (Photos) / Swiss Woman, Nwanyiocha Travels To Anambra, Shares Her Experience. Pictures

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.