Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,851 members, 7,813,897 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 08:59 PM

If The Writers Of The Book Of Revelation Were Honest - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / If The Writers Of The Book Of Revelation Were Honest (3307 Views)

Powerful Truths From The Book Of Revelation - Joseph Prince / Book Of Revelation / If The Writers Of Adam And Eve Were Honest (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

If The Writers Of The Book Of Revelation Were Honest by johnydon22(m): 11:10pm On Oct 14, 2018
'And so, the stars rained down on earth like fig fruits falling from a tree covering one third of the earth'

Second scribe: (Peeks into the scroll of first scribe) Dude, you know stars are like very huge balls of burning gas, millions of times larger than the earth right?

First scribe: Really?

Second scribe: Yes.

First Scribe: See, don't think about this, just go with it.

Second Scribe: Where were we going with this whole book again?

First Scribe: Honestly, i have no idea from the part he ate a scroll.

Second scribe: Are people really going to believe this?

First Scribe: Haaaaa! You will be surprised my friend. Remember that guy Jonah who got swallowed by a fish and got vomitted 3 days later?

Second Scribe: OMG you are so right, people can believe some straight up crazy stuffs.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: If The Writers Of The Book Of Revelation Were Honest by purem(m): 11:54pm On Oct 14, 2018
Since religion doesn't subscribe to some scientific facts this argument is dead on arrival because theist will prove to you with scripture that stars are as tiny as sand
Re: If The Writers Of The Book Of Revelation Were Honest by johnydon22(m): 12:03am On Oct 15, 2018
purem:
Since religion doesn't subscribe to some scientific facts this argument is dead on arrival because theist will prove to you with scripture that stars are as tiny as sand

That is like proving with the scripture that snakes can talk. It doesn't catch on.

And pointing at a scripture isn't really proof - it's in fact the claim itself and proof of a claim is by pointing at the reality of it outside the confines of the claims carrier.

Anyone is welcome to try though

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: If The Writers Of The Book Of Revelation Were Honest by purem(m): 12:06am On Oct 15, 2018
johnydon22:

That is like proving with the scripture that snakes can talk. It doesn't catch on.

And pointing at a scripture isn't really proof - it's in fact the claim itself and proof of a claim is by pointing at the reality of it outside the confines of the claims carrier.

Anyone is welcome to try though

But do you think theist agree with science that star is bigger than earth?
Re: If The Writers Of The Book Of Revelation Were Honest by johnydon22(m): 12:53am On Oct 15, 2018
purem:

But do you think theist agree with science that star is bigger than earth?

I doubt if anyone thinks otherwise, theist or not
Re: If The Writers Of The Book Of Revelation Were Honest by Maamin(m): 4:31am On Oct 15, 2018
Here they are again striving with an entity they claim does not exist grin

Well he that made the stars million times bigger than the earth, made it out of nothing tongue

It is possible he can also make the stars rain on earth and the earth's size will contain them. cheesy

He is not bound by logic, he is not even bound by space or time kiss

Next! grin

1 Like

Re: If The Writers Of The Book Of Revelation Were Honest by Nobody: 4:44am On Oct 15, 2018
I think this passage is very much in accordance with the scientific theory of super Nova of large stars.
after a super Nova, the star particles falls into earth and other celestials bodies and these star dusts are used in making compounds and elements vital to the existence of humanity and about one third of anything covering the face of the earth were made of atoms from super novas of larger stars including humans and every other living creatures, so this passage is very correct.

Maybe we should see it that way too because it's making sense to me.

Most of the stories in the Bible are in accordance with science, the problem is that both the theist and the atheists complicate issues by reading the bible and taking it literally. Most times when I argue with theist here on nairaland, I seriously think they are not very grounded in the knowledge of the bible and that's why they find it hard to convince atheists.

When I argue with theist here, I try to make them think out of the box but unfortunately, most of them are so inert to reasoning. you need to be well grounded in science and open-minded to be able to see the correlation between the Bible and science.

1 Like

Re: If The Writers Of The Book Of Revelation Were Honest by Blakjewelry(m): 6:58am On Oct 15, 2018
Maamin:

Well he that made the stars million times bigger than the earth, made it out of nothing tongue

It is possible he can also make the stars rain on earth and the earth's size will contain them. cheesy

Next! grin
lol if I have my way I will make science courses compulsory at certain academic level. the process of star formation and there death is well known phenomenon in the science world, so even the remnant of dead star will destroy the earth if it come close so spare a us that bs of god making the star for to the earth except he is referring to the time our galaxy will merger with Andromeda galaxy and in that chaos kiss your lovely planet goodbye

1 Like

Re: If The Writers Of The Book Of Revelation Were Honest by sonmvayina(m): 7:35am On Oct 15, 2018
Maamin:

Next! grin

In order words the story does not make sense or you don't understand it or....
Why not just use a good and believable comparison..

1 Like

Re: If The Writers Of The Book Of Revelation Were Honest by johnydon22(m): 9:10am On Oct 15, 2018
Maamin:

Next! grin

Great rebuttal. Lol. You should be very proud

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: If The Writers Of The Book Of Revelation Were Honest by johnydon22(m): 9:15am On Oct 15, 2018
nwabekeyi:
I think this passage is very much in accordance with the scientific theory of super Nova of large stars.
after a super Nova, the star particles falls into earth
Let me correct this. Supernovas comes with one of the biggest explosions possible in this universe, and not every star can go supernova.

But if a star that is close enough goes supernova, that is the end of this solar system as we know it

and other celestials bodies and these star dusts are used in making compounds and elements vital to the existence of humanity and about one third of anything covering the face of the earth were made of atoms from super novas of larger stars including humans and every other living creatures, so this passage is very correct.
correct but These compounds are made before the planets forms.

Not after.

Maybe we should see it that way too because it's making sense to me.
If we look it this way as i have shown above, it makes less sense because a supernova close enough to throw particles into earth is close enough to destroy the entire solar system as we know it.

Most of the stories in the Bible are in accordance with science, the problem is that both the theist and the atheists complicate issues by reading the bible and taking it literally. Most times when I argue with theist here on nairaland, I seriously think they are not very grounded in the knowledge of the bible and that's why they find it hard to convince atheists.

When I argue with theist here, I try to make them think out of the box but unfortunately, most of them are so inert to reasoning. you need to be well grounded in science and open-minded to be able to see the correlation between the Bible and science.
lol
Re: If The Writers Of The Book Of Revelation Were Honest by Maamin(m): 10:17am On Oct 15, 2018
johnydon22:

Great rebuttal. Lol. You should be very proud

10Q grin
Re: If The Writers Of The Book Of Revelation Were Honest by Maamin(m): 10:57am On Oct 15, 2018
Blakjewelry:

lol if I have my way I will make science courses compulsory at certain academic level. the process of star formation and there death is well known phenomenon in the science world, so even the remnant of dead star will destroy the earth if it come close so spare a us that bs of god making the star for to the earth except he is referring to the time our galaxy will merger with Andromeda galaxy and in that chaos kiss your lovely planet goodbye

And you have seen a star formation before with your naked korokoro eyes abi? Or you are also believing and following what science wrote down ? grin

I am a science student too..but there is limit to what science know presently and faith is even out of it. wink

Wonder why gasses burn in such higher density and become million times bigger than earth? Just gasses?
Re: If The Writers Of The Book Of Revelation Were Honest by johnydon22(m): 11:11am On Oct 15, 2018
Maamin:

And you have seen a star formation before with your naked korokoro eyes abi? Or you are also believing and following what science wrote down ? grin

I am a science student too..but there is limit to what science know presently and faith is even out of it. wink

Wonder why gasses burn in such higher density and become million times bigger than earth? Just gasses?

You are an amazing scientist. Your genius level is outstanding. Lol

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: If The Writers Of The Book Of Revelation Were Honest by Maamin(m): 11:17am On Oct 15, 2018
sonmvayina:

In order words the story does not make sense or you don't understand it or....
Why not just use a good and believable comparison..

Where should the comparison be drawn from anyway?

What authoritative text did the op draws his own comparison from? undecided
Re: If The Writers Of The Book Of Revelation Were Honest by Maamin(m): 11:17am On Oct 15, 2018
johnydon22:

You are an amazing scientist. Your genius level is outstanding. Lol

grin

His signature though
Re: If The Writers Of The Book Of Revelation Were Honest by Jaynom(m): 11:30am On Oct 15, 2018
johnydon22:

'And so, the stars rained down on earth like fig fruits falling from a tree covering one third of the earth'

Second scribe: (Peeks into the scroll of first scribe) Dude, you know stars are like very huge balls of burning gas, millions of times larger than the earth right?

First scribe: Really?

Second scribe: Yes.

First Scribe: See, don't think about this, just go with it.

Second Scribe: Where were we going with this whole book again?

First Scribe: Honestly, i have no idea from the part he ate a scroll.

Second scribe: Are people really going to believe this?

First Scribe: Haaaaa! You will be surprised my friend. Remember that guy Jonah who got swallowed by a fish and got vomitted 3 days later?

Second Scribe: OMG you are so right, people can believe some straight up crazy stuffs.
The earth is like 4.3 Billion years old. Dinosaurs existed so did GIANT fishes. Jonah was swallowed by a Fish.
Stars raining down on Earth could Mean pieces of Meteors falling on Earth(if you watch how Meteors move they're like falling stars) and not necessarily all of the stars in our Galaxy falling on Earth
Re: If The Writers Of The Book Of Revelation Were Honest by johnydon22(m): 11:49am On Oct 15, 2018
Jaynom:

The earth is like 2 million years old.
This is theologically and scientifically incorrect

Dinosaurs existed so did GIANT fishes. Jonah was swallowed by a Fish.
Genius!

Stars raining down on Earth could Mean pieces of Meteors falling on Earth(if you watch how Meteors move they're like falling stars) and not necessarily all of the stars in our Galaxy falling on Earth

Fair enough
Re: If The Writers Of The Book Of Revelation Were Honest by Blakjewelry(m): 11:53am On Oct 15, 2018
Maamin:

you should have continue your science class bro. those gases and particles you are referring to weigh trillion of tons and they are not just any gases by hydrogen. some gas systems you see out there some span more than our solar system. and you asked how the gases ignites? its simple it all happen under the crushing effect of gravity.
today science is more than fiction it is more about fact and figure
Re: If The Writers Of The Book Of Revelation Were Honest by Nobody: 1:53pm On Oct 15, 2018
johnydon22:
Let me correct this. Supernovas comes with one of the biggest explosions possible in this universe, and not every star can go supernova.

But if a star that is close enough goes supernova, that is the end of this solar system as we know it

correct but These compounds are made before the planets forms.

Not after.

If we look it this way as i have shown above, it makes less sense because a supernova close enough to throw particles into earth is close enough to destroy the entire solar system as we know it.

lol
the passage did not specify the kind of stars that will shower like fig upon the earth. all Starr don't go supernova but every supernova is from a star, so that passage is technically correct.

stars that went super Nova have and will shower her dust like fig upon the earth, because without super Nova, complex elements cannot be made.

that passage is very correct, you need t critical analyze it to see the correlation.
Re: If The Writers Of The Book Of Revelation Were Honest by Jaynom(m): 2:17pm On Oct 15, 2018
johnydon22:
This is theologically and scientifically incorrect

okay the Earth is 4.3billion years old that solidifies my point about Giant fishes grin
Re: If The Writers Of The Book Of Revelation Were Honest by ponziponzi(m): 2:31pm On Oct 15, 2018
Jaynom:

okay the Earth is 4.3billion years old that solidifies my point about Giant fishes grin

Lol, people can use all sorts of ways to defend what they are indoctrinated to as kids. It so funny you won’t even look at it twice if it was written in another religious book.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: If The Writers Of The Book Of Revelation Were Honest by johnydon22(m): 2:58pm On Oct 15, 2018
Jaynom:

Stephen Hawkins 2.0 grin
Re: If The Writers Of The Book Of Revelation Were Honest by Jaynom(m): 3:05pm On Oct 15, 2018
ponziponzi:

Lol, people can use all sorts of ways to defend what they are indoctrinated to as kids. It so funny you won’t even look at it twice if it was written in another religious book.
So can you scientifically tell me how the Zillions of stars came to be? Can you explain the mechanism that controls the rotation and revolution of the Earth around the sun and how is it that it doesn't collide with other planets?
Who or what formed the universe? Space? And don't tell me a hypothetical Big Bang
Re: If The Writers Of The Book Of Revelation Were Honest by Maamin(m): 3:54pm On Oct 15, 2018
Blakjewelry:

you should have continue your science class bro. those gases and particles you are referring to weigh trillion of tons and they are not just any gases by hydrogen. some gas systems you see out there some span more than our solar system. and you asked how the gases ignites? its simple it all happen under the crushing effect of gravity.
today science is more than fiction it is more about fact and figure

You can continue the science class here for me.

And a potion of space started reacting and gravity begins to cave into itself and a star is born right? grin

But you believe an invisible entity can't be responsible for this? Hmmm undecided
Re: If The Writers Of The Book Of Revelation Were Honest by ponziponzi(m): 4:09pm On Oct 15, 2018
Jaynom:

So can you scientifically tell me how the Zillions of stars came to be? Can you explain the mechanism that controls the rotation and revolution of the Earth around the sun and how is it that it doesn't collide with other planets?
Who or what formed the universe? Space? And don't tell me a hypothetical Big Bang

The truth is that I don’t know and that is same for you and everyone. The difference between you and I is that I am bold enough to say that I don’t know how all these things came about. This is why experts in these fields are dedicating their lives to find out things about us and the universe. You on the other hand claimed you already know just because you read it in a book, written 4000 years ago by people who had very little understanding of their immediate enviroment.

3 Likes

Re: If The Writers Of The Book Of Revelation Were Honest by Jaynom(m): 4:46pm On Oct 15, 2018
ponziponzi:

The truth is that I don’t know and that is same for you and everyone. The difference between you and I is that I am bold enough to say that I don’t know how all these things came about. This is why experts in these fields are dedicating their lives to find out things about us and the universe. You on the other hand claimed you already know just because you read it in a book, written 4000 years ago by people who had very little understanding of their immediate enviroment.
Well then, until there's an Empirical proof? I'm sticking with what makes sense. I love science. It has been able to explain a lot of amazing stuff BUT I've been around some paranormal activities to Know that this world of ours is not NORMAL. There are things out there that our minds cannot even fathom
Re: If The Writers Of The Book Of Revelation Were Honest by Blakjewelry(m): 5:06pm On Oct 15, 2018
Maamin:

And a potion of space started reacting and gravity begins to cave into itself and a star is born right? grin

But you believe an invisible entity can't be responsible for this? Hmmm undecided
I don't want us messing up John's thread its better we take discussion to the science section. but here is a little note, when it comes to space science you have throw out everything you think you know that works here on earth.
for starters gravity is not a force rather in lame man's term it more like a disturbance, a noise in space. like if you can create a complete vacuum an a single atom manage to find it way into the system it going to create a disturbance in this case a gravity which is more like a depression in space and time.

also if there is an entity as you claimed, he himself is going to awed by the marvel of the universe.
one simple question for you, do you think your Almighty decided to experiment with billions of galaxies and their trillion of stars and billion trillions of planets just because he wanted to created a tiny little man who without the help of Satan or the serpent has no way of knowing how massive the universe is?

1 Like

Re: If The Writers Of The Book Of Revelation Were Honest by ponziponzi(m): 5:37pm On Oct 15, 2018
Jaynom:

Well then, until there's an Empirical proof? I'm sticking with what makes sense. I love science. It has been able to explain a lot of amazing stuff BUT I've been around some paranormal activities to Know that this world of ours is not NORMAL. There are things out there that our minds cannot even fathom

Yeah, I do respect your position. However, I actually care if what I believe is true.
Re: If The Writers Of The Book Of Revelation Were Honest by Blakjewelry(m): 5:44pm On Oct 15, 2018
nwabekeyi:
the passage did not specify the kind of stars that will shower like fig upon the earth. all Starr don't go supernova but every supernova is from a star, so that passage is technically correct.

stars that went super Nova have and will shower her dust like fig upon the earth, because without super Nova, complex elements cannot be made.

that passage is very correct, you need t critical analyze it to see the correlation.
stars that can go supernova and don't affect us will be several million of light years away and will take millions of years to reach earth. besides stars don't just decision to collapse they have to go through the aging process. the simple truth is that writers were writing based on their knowledge then
Re: If The Writers Of The Book Of Revelation Were Honest by Nobody: 6:37pm On Oct 15, 2018
Blakjewelry:

stars that can go supernova and don't affect us will be several million of light years away and will take millions of years to reach earth. besides stars don't just decision to collapse they have to go through the aging process. the simple truth is that writers were writing based on their knowledge then
do you know that all the transition metals on earth today, from scandium to the actinides and lactinides were all from supernovas? we can't make such elements here on earth or in our sun based on the energy requirement for nuclear fusion reaction for such large element, it has to come from a star that went supernova and they all come from past supernovas. based on this, I believe that passage is right.

Beside that, every organic substance on earth today were fundamentally from the stars, the particles that made living things on earth were gotten previous supernovas.
Re: If The Writers Of The Book Of Revelation Were Honest by johnydon22(m): 7:06pm On Oct 15, 2018
Maamin:

Gravity is invisible. I'm just saying grin

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Covid 19: Was Pastor Chris Right? See New Evidence! / Nigeria and Its Church Phenomenom / The Lord's Chosen Ministry Members

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.