Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,001 members, 7,863,600 topics. Date: Monday, 17 June 2024 at 09:18 PM

Did Oyedepo Break Any Law By Associating With Politicians? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Did Oyedepo Break Any Law By Associating With Politicians? (1665 Views)

We're All Crooks In Nigeria, We Always Find A Shortway To Any Law - Robert Clark / Buhari: Be Patient With Any Law You Have Misgiving About / Bauchi SUBEB Board Member Sacked For Associating With Dogara (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Did Oyedepo Break Any Law By Associating With Politicians? by CodeTemplar: 3:27am On Oct 15, 2018
Did he?
I ask because a lot of folks are having sleepless nights over an innocent appearance of Oyedepo beside Atiku and Obasanjo, two old pals who were not in good terms before Oyedepo was invited to reconcile them.

Has he broken any law or is he the first to associate with politicians?
Who is a politician by the way and who has right to political choices?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Did Oyedepo Break Any Law By Associating With Politicians? by orisa37: 5:18am On Oct 15, 2018
No. They called Jesus Drunkard and Glutton for eating in Public glare.

1 Like

Re: Did Oyedepo Break Any Law By Associating With Politicians? by Birdyclear: 5:23am On Oct 15, 2018
No he didn't break any law afterall Adeboye was indirectly campaigning for this failure in 2014 so making up two old friends is also the work of a pastor and not always collecting tithes and offering

3 Likes

Re: Did Oyedepo Break Any Law By Associating With Politicians? by adewumiopeyemi(m): 5:57am On Oct 15, 2018
But he shouldn't have any interfer in politics that is he is already supporting atiku as president of Nigeria coming 2019
Re: Did Oyedepo Break Any Law By Associating With Politicians? by Nobody: 6:02am On Oct 15, 2018
CodeTemplar:
Did he?
I ask because a lot of folks are having sleepless nights over an innocent appearance of Oyedepo beside Atiku and Obasanjo, two old pals who were not in good terms before Oyedepo was invited to reconcile them.

grin grin grin grin grin grin

CC onyeoga madridguy buhariguy omenka shalomc iceberg3 yarimo odvanguard pointzerom t9ksy imperialyoruba odvanguard yorubaassasin alariiwo lzaa ngeneukwenu captaing00d roger3d IbrahimDamola jumpandpas greenback amarabae tossie101 goodnessme1 0monnak0da resurgent4oodua butterflyleo

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Did Oyedepo Break Any Law By Associating With Politicians? by EvilMetahuman: 7:31am On Oct 15, 2018
Yeah ... A pastor associating with a wanted criminal shows the type of pastor he is..

He is not preaching to atiku go and make amend for his battered name, but he is endorsing him to loot more.

1 Like

Re: Did Oyedepo Break Any Law By Associating With Politicians? by dahmie2013: 7:42am On Oct 15, 2018
Op, dats d same questn I ask myself. What is wrong in him openly telling us d party he is in support of?
As 4 me, he owes us no explanatn, because he is only exercising his civic duty by being in a political party & also practising what he preaches. On d day of electn, it is only one political party he will vote 4 not all d political parties.
My Bishop is on track.
Re: Did Oyedepo Break Any Law By Associating With Politicians? by CodeTemplar: 10:04am On Oct 15, 2018
EvilMetahuman:
Yeah ... A pastor associating with a wanted criminal shows the type of pastor he is..

He is not preaching to atiku go and make amend for his battered name, but he is endorsing him to loot more.
Please educate us how he endorsed a party or candidate. Be specific and direct pleasr.
Re: Did Oyedepo Break Any Law By Associating With Politicians? by EvilMetahuman: 11:59am On Oct 15, 2018
CodeTemplar:
Please educate us how he endorsed a party or candidate. Be specific and direct pleasr.
his body language does..

That's how politics work.

Same way you feel bad that kumuyi visited buhari and ffk was crying all over the internet even when didn't ask anyone to vote buhari.
Why do you think ffk was crying?

Same way we all know who adeboye supported between buhari and Jonathan.

Do I need to school children on politics all the time.
Re: Did Oyedepo Break Any Law By Associating With Politicians? by orisa37: 12:02pm On Oct 15, 2018
No.
Re: Did Oyedepo Break Any Law By Associating With Politicians? by orisa37: 12:11pm On Oct 15, 2018
Buhari would be Atheist if he doesn't apologise immediately to:- Oyedepo Kukah Sheik Gumi Kumuyi and All those Men of God/Allah who have visited him in Aso Villa and Daura.
Re: Did Oyedepo Break Any Law By Associating With Politicians? by Jokerman(m): 12:52pm On Oct 15, 2018
EvilMetahuman:

Did Kumuyi preach to Buhari??

1 Like

Re: Did Oyedepo Break Any Law By Associating With Politicians? by Nobody: 1:41pm On Oct 15, 2018
adewumiopeyemi:
But he shouldn't have any interfer in politics that is he is already supporting atiku as president of Nigeria coming 2019
He came to settle dispute. Oyedepo had to create time despite his tight schedule to settle dispute. I wonder how people judge mere photography as endorsement to a politician. Oyedepo has many members in different political parties hence he can't endorse any one
Re: Did Oyedepo Break Any Law By Associating With Politicians? by Nobody: 1:48pm On Oct 15, 2018
CodeTemplar:
Don't mind him,he is assuming something were there is nothing
Re: Did Oyedepo Break Any Law By Associating With Politicians? by Nobody: 1:48pm On Oct 15, 2018
Jokerman:

Did Kumuyi preach to Buhari??
God bless you for this.
Re: Did Oyedepo Break Any Law By Associating With Politicians? by CodeTemplar: 2:46pm On Oct 15, 2018
EvilMetahuman:
his body language does..

That's how politics work.

Same way you feel bad that kumuyi visited buhari and ffk was crying all over the internet even when didn't ask anyone to vote buhari.
Why do you think ffk was crying?

Same way we all know who adeboye supported between buhari and Jonathan.

Do I need to school children on politics all the time.
I am not FFK.
Re: Did Oyedepo Break Any Law By Associating With Politicians? by Dakad: 4:40pm On Oct 15, 2018
Pls answer this question genuinely; would he have been on the right track if he indirectly support PMB openly same way he did for Atiku. My problem with majority of the youth is that we usually look at issue with a bias point of view. Honestly I'm more concern bcs we same youth are mostly affected by these useless politician ( PDP or APC). Majority of us have allowed sentiment to cloud our objectivity. He is my spiritual leader as well and I reference him in totality. But that doesn't means I will support any spiritual leaders who openly support or indirectly endorse any politician being PMB or Atiku. My vote is exclusively my right and decision. We should wake up and stop being gullible.

dahmie2013:
Op, dats d same questn I ask myself. What is wrong in him openly telling us d party he is in support of?
As 4 me, he owes us no explanatn, because he is only exercising his civic duty by being in a political party & also practising what he preaches. On d day of electn, it is only one political party he will vote 4 not all d political parties.
My Bishop is on track.
Re: Did Oyedepo Break Any Law By Associating With Politicians? by CodeTemplar: 1:50pm On Oct 26, 2018
Dakad:
Pls answer this question genuinely; would he have been on the right track if he indirectly support PMB openly same way he did for Atiku. My problem with majority of the youth is that we usually look at issue with a bias point of view. Honestly I'm more concern bcs we same youth are mostly affected by these useless politician ( PDP or APC). Majority of us have allowed sentiment to cloud our objectivity. He is my spiritual leader as well and I reference him in totality. But that doesn't means I will support any spiritual leaders who openly support or indirectly endorse any politician being PMB or Atiku. My vote is exclusively my right and decision. We should wake up and stop being gullible.

Oyedepo like every other citizen has a right to associate and even endorse a candidate as his choice. It is up to the followers to know that equally have right to support or endorse any candidate. It is suppose to be a one man one vote system. People are only scared of Oyedepo and that is why they didn't male noise when Mbaka rejected PEJ/GEJ or when Osinbajo was campaigning.
Re: Did Oyedepo Break Any Law By Associating With Politicians? by adem30: 2:01pm On Oct 26, 2018
HE DID NOT.

His hypocrisy is the only problem he has.

Tunde Bakare, Yemi Osinbanjo never claimed not to be a politician like Oyedepo used to claim
Re: Did Oyedepo Break Any Law By Associating With Politicians? by MetaPhysical: 2:06pm On Oct 26, 2018
CodeTemplar:
Did he?

I do not think he broke laws. Not everything is about breaking law, somethings are improper if they appear unethical in judgement. An ethically indicting action, even if it's within law, is just as bad on character and credibility and can tarnish image just as if one had broken law.

Religious organizations are registered with CAC as tax-exempt. What this means is they are not in business to generate revenue but can take donations from public. This is a thin line and a careless Head of Religion unit can trespass the boundary and get in trouble. A Church must always avoid acts that will force it to open its books to investigators. Discoveries will be made that can embarass the leader and its church.

Not just Oyedepo, but I think generally all religious bodies should be addressed by EFCC and reminded of the dangers of sending in auditors to inspect infringements of their charter. They all need a training to keep them safe and sound out of trouble. They have become nuisance to society lately.
Re: Did Oyedepo Break Any Law By Associating With Politicians? by CodeTemplar: 2:15pm On Oct 26, 2018
MetaPhysical:

I do not think he broke laws. Not everything is about breaking law, somethings are improper if they appear unethical in judgement. An ethically indicting action, even if it's within law, is just as bad on character and credibility and can tarnish image just as if one had broken law.

Religious organizations are registered with CAC as tax-exempt. What this means is they are not in business to generate revenue but can take donations from public. This is a thin line and a careless Head of Religion unit can trespass the boundary and get in trouble. A Church must always avoid acts that will force it to open its books to investigators. Discoveries will be made that can embarass the leader and its church.

Not just Oyedepo, but I think generally all religious bodies should be addressed by EFCC and reminded of the dangers of sending in auditors to inspect infringements of their charter. They all need a training to keep them safe and sound out of trouble. They have become nuisance to society lately.
Mbaka, Bakare and Osinbajo did more but nobody was disturbed. Imams preach directly to their followers that Muslims are suppose to rule over other Muslims always and nobody raises alarms so Oyedepo is just another individual.

@bold part, Muslims gladly watch while government meant for all fund their religion so it will be bad for us to talk about Oyedepo who doesn't press anyone for financial assistance.
Re: Did Oyedepo Break Any Law By Associating With Politicians? by MetaPhysical: 2:38pm On Oct 26, 2018
CodeTemplar:
Mbaka, Bakare and Osinbajo did more but nobody was disturbed. Imams preach directly to their followers that Muslims are suppose to rule over other Muslims always and nobody raises alarms so Oyedepo is just another individual.

@bold part, Muslims gladly watch while government meant for all fund their religion so it will be bad for us to talk about Oyedepo who doesn't press anyone for financial assistance.

I dont believe my post singled out any religious unit. I said ALL, without qualifying.
Re: Did Oyedepo Break Any Law By Associating With Politicians? by CodeTemplar: 3:21pm On Oct 26, 2018
MetaPhysical:

I dont believe my post singled out any religious unit. I said ALL, without qualifying.
Oyedepo is the focus here.

(1) (Reply)

Check Out This Ortom Branded Campaign Vehicle / Dear Atiku, From What I Am Seeing In Kano, Just Give UP / I’m Now A Member Of Meyetti Allah - Dino Melaye

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.